New dungeons...

New dungeons...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

It hasn’t really been mentioned at all. Not one single hint or anything has been said about new dungeons since the announcement of HoT. Should us dungeoneers be expecting anything new or are we being left out of this expansion?

New dungeons...

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I’ve never been a fan of the current offering of dungeons. If there are new dungeons they really need to step up their game as far as I’m concerned.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

New dungeons...

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

not likely…..Colin specifically talked around that question when he was asked if there would be new dungeons in HoT… only said there would be “new challenging group content” through a grin and nervous laughter.

seeing as there is no dungeon team, and hasn’t been one for ages….i would expect open-world and gated by masteries. could also be larger events opened as new guild missions…maybe even instanced if we’re lucky…something like defending your guild hall.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

New dungeons...

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

They really need some good new elite instanced content, either dungeons, fractals, or maybe some more involved 10-person dungeon type instances. I don’t know how everyone else feels, but the beta content all felt pretty grindy and/or boring to me. From my experiences with MMO’s, their PvE game is made or broken based on their elite instanced content. And I agree that they need to step up their game in that department too.

(edited by Bitoku Kishi.8346)

New dungeons...

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Wurm and Teq should have been instanced. The only reason that kind of content isn’t good is because it’s open world and there is no way to get a guild group in a clean map without a zillion people on TS map hopping everywhere. That means to get in, even if you’re in a guild like TTS, you have to wait 15-30 minutes at least. Why? What’s the point? It’s a waste of time, and the end result is the same as if it were instanced to start: non-guild members get excluded because they can’t teleport into the map before it’s full.

It seems like ANET isn’t going to be making any more dungeons but will just be focusing on minor bug fixes and Fractals. Any instanced Zerg content should be like Teq or Wurm but give parties more control of how to enter the map and when to start the event.

New dungeons...

Posted by: Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

If we do see more dungeons, we’ll probably see them in Aetherpath style. Which might mean people not really doing them. Still, seeing a new dungeon would be nice sometime soonish (like LS season 3).

New dungeons...

Bitoku Kishi.8346

I’d be fine with more Aetherpath type stuff, as long as it’s instanced and gives good rewards that makes it worth doing. Fractals have been my favorite part of GW2 since they were introduced, so I am glad to see some focus on them via the Fractal Mastery track. But I’d like to see some more instanced dungeons as well beyond that.
Without that, what do they expect people are going to keep doing? Sure people will play through the HoT storyline, but what about after that’s done? They need to be looking ahead and add in content that people will want to stay in the game for months down the road after release.

New dungeons...

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Don’t hold your breath. Dungeon team was disbanded to shift focus on open-world zerg encounters.

New dungeons...

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Wurm and Teq should have been instanced. The only reason that kind of content isn’t good is because it’s open world and there is no way to get a guild group in a clean map without a zillion people on TS map hopping everywhere. That means to get in, even if you’re in a guild like TTS, you have to wait 15-30 minutes at least. Why? What’s the point? It’s a waste of time, and the end result is the same as if it were instanced to start: non-guild members get excluded because they can’t teleport into the map before it’s full.

It seems like ANET isn’t going to be making any more dungeons but will just be focusing on minor bug fixes and Fractals. Any instanced Zerg content should be like Teq or Wurm but give parties more control of how to enter the map and when to start the event.

In other words, raids. The GW2 playerbase is so fickle though. They believe everything that is composed of traditional MMOs is evil.

New dungeons...

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Don’t hold your breath. Dungeon team was disbanded to shift focus on open-world zerg encounters.

That is dumb, just absolutely dumb. Why would they even do that? You have to be joking. Open world zergfest content is stupid because if the encounter is too hard you need to organize with large guilds and hope you can get enough of your people into a map that the pugs who refuse to organize with you don’t ruin the fight. If it is too easy you just get people auto attack afking.

New dungeons...

Bitoku Kishi.8346

Well I hope the developers will read this thread then, because I’d like to speak on this issue.

I’m a guild leader of a guild that started at launch (technically it was a GW1 guild), which currently has around 200 people in it, and has consistently had over 100. This has given me access to seeing a lot of people’s general play tendencies. Throughout that time, I’ve noticed three (and really only three) main things that keep people in the game over time:
1. SPvP
2. WvW
3. Dungeons and Fractals

Some people will stay in the game for a time in order to do specific PvE attainable goals, like Living Story, crafting Legendaries, or leveling new characters. But once completed, they generally either go back to one of those three things listed above, or stop playing.
Now of those three things, there’s really only one that covers the PvE side, and that’s dungeons and fractals (in other words, elite instanced content). And without an interest in this, it has really seemed that no PvE focused player will really stay in the game permanently and consistently.

I know that a guild of ~200 people doesn’t represent the entire GW2 community, but I do feel it’s a pretty decent representation for me to base this conclusion on. So I hope developers will consider that this list may legitimately represent the most important things to focus on if they want to keep people playing HoT over the long-term.