New legendaries and spvp

New legendaries and spvp

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Will new legendaries be accessible from pvp(as in will we be able to craft them by doing pvp)?

If answer is no(which I expect) will we(pvpers) get some legendary,/pvp exclusive skins? Seems only fair if new legendaries will be exclusively craftable in pve.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

Since you will need to salvage ascended items to get mats for crafting legenderies, I see it as possible. Slow, but possible. Pvp tracks have a chance of rewarding ascended. Also they are adding a lot of new stuff to the sPvP, i am almost certain you will be able to do so.
Again no official source or information to confirm this on 100%. But this is my believe.
Also do you really mean to tell me pvpers don’t do any PvE, like any at all?
I find this hard to believe. No offense.
Pvp exlusive legenderies and pvp skins doesn’t sound like a good idea.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Legendaries require you to do a little bit of every aspect of the game, or are at least designed to be done that way. The current legendaries do not require any PvP and the WvW requirements are bypassable through AP.

The new precursor collections require things only obtainable from PvP.

@MirrorOfNature: There are already PvP exclusive skins.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I just finished watching a recording from twitch about the anet guys saying that the new precursor crafting will involve items gotten only from PvP. I’ve never done any PvP in this game in the more than 3 years I’ve been playing it. I never wanted to. I never liked PvP in the original GW because I’m at a loss when it comes to gaming skill and latency issues. Being behind the 8-ball like that drives people away, and making stuff that’s only obtainable through PvP when they don’t like that mode leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I understand what they said about mastery of the game in all its aspects, but making people do a mode of gameplay that they don’t want to do to obtain something they really want isn’t the way to go about it. I remember something about ‘play your own way’… I guess that slogan got lost a while back.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I just finished watching a recording from twitch about the anet guys saying that the new precursor crafting will involve items gotten only from PvP. I’ve never done any PvP in this game in the more than 3 years I’ve been playing it. I never wanted to. I never liked PvP in the original GW because I’m at a loss when it comes to gaming skill and latency issues. Being behind the 8-ball like that drives people away, and making stuff that’s only obtainable through PvP when they don’t like that mode leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I understand what they said about mastery of the game in all its aspects, but making people do a mode of gameplay that they don’t want to do to obtain something they really want isn’t the way to go about it. I remember something about ‘play your own way’… I guess that slogan got lost a while back.

Actually that slogan has been taken out of context so often, not surprised to see it still being done so, you can play as you want and get the best gear you need. That doesn’t mean however that you can get everything in the game “playing as you want” that was never what they meant with that statement. You’re not going to get dungeon armor from doing jumping puzzles all day. Cosmetics are an optional thing, in no way requiered to play the game and as such do not fall under the context that was used with the “play as you want” slogan.

I hate pvp, not a fan at all. But don’t forget that there are still farming servers for pve’rs that need something from a reward track or something, so just join those. But i do not think anet made a bad choice, a legendary has always been about experiencing every part of the game, a little here, a litle there , so i’m not surprised it shows itself once again in the precursor scavenger hunt. Quite frankly i think it’s far worse for pvp’rs , there is way more pve focus in these scavenger hunts, so i can ahrdly feel bad for having to go to pvp for that (from what is currently known) one item :p

@ Nutshel, You will be requiered to do stuff in both pve and wvw for these legendaries, but there is goign to be a pvp related legendary backpiece, we’ve little information about that at this time, but i’m fairly certain it will be completely related to pvp.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

What about the legendary pvp exclusive backpiece that requires you compete in the ranked seasons to get the needed components, with higher ranked players able to obtain them faster?

That seems like “legendary,/pvp exclusive skins”.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

But this is something pvpers face much more often than pvers, a welcome change. This is the essence of the mmorpg, doing vast contents.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I hate pvp, not a fan at all. But don’t forget that there are still farming servers for pve’rs that need something from a reward track or something, so just join those. But i do not think anet made a bad choice, a legendary has always been about experiencing every part of the game, a little here, a litle there , so i’m not surprised it shows itself once again in the precursor scavenger hunt. Quite frankly i think it’s far worse for pvp’rs , there is way more pve focus in these scavenger hunts, so i can ahrdly feel bad for having to go to pvp for that (from what is currently known) one item :p

Don’t know why you’d think PvP’ers get the worse deal; for most PvP only people I’ve talked to they don’t like the blatant simplicity and ease of which one should just stroll through the bulk of the game. PvP by comparison is one person using their toon’s skills against another, which is far less predictable, more of a challenge, and for those not into PvP, being put on the back foot. PvE should be a nice relaxing experience for the hardcore PvP’ers… the only thing I think they wouldn’t like is the grind.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Don’t know why you’d think PvP’ers get the worse deal; for most PvP only people I’ve talked to they don’t like the blatant simplicity and ease of which one should just stroll through the bulk of the game. PvP by comparison is one person using their toon’s skills against another, which is far less predictable, more of a challenge, and for those not into PvP, being put on the back foot. PvE should be a nice relaxing experience for the hardcore PvP’ers… the only thing I think they wouldn’t like is the grind.

Because people who don’t like pve are forced to a quite a large amount of it, while people who dislike pvp can just join a farming server in pvp to get what they need.

Playing a farming server in pvp compared to having to play fractals/dungeons/visiting all over the world seems like a much easier thing to do, hence why i feel pvp’rs do have it worse. It’s a time related thing, not skill related. Ofcourse you can play regular pvp instead of using one of the setup farm servers, but even in losing you still gain progress , so it’s still a matter of time.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

That’s exactly the point, there are people out there that play this game mainly for pvp, we want nice things as well and idea of having to leave to pve and grind(content which we don’t find fun) all day for months to get them leaves bad taste in the mouth.

What I actually am opposed to is mixing modes for getting single item, that should never be the case. There should be items that are exclusive for both modes or obtainable in both modes.

What about the legendary pvp exclusive backpiece that requires you compete in the ranked seasons to get the needed components, with higher ranked players able to obtain them faster?
That seems like “legendary,/pvp exclusive skins”.

Cool, hope I won’t be forced to go out of mist for other components

Also do you really mean to tell me pvpers don’t do any PvE, like any at all?
I find this hard to believe. No offense.

There are, there also are people like me who do only very selective kind of pve content(jumping puzzles, some parts of seasonal events). Some dungeons I’ve only ran more than once but only because I was forced to, to get gear for wvw(yup that used to be the case).

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Reading this post brings tears to my eyes.

You call those people pve players. When in reality is you should call them farmers.

I don’t think you realize how much farmers sacrifice just to reach their rewards. I used to do 10 hours cof farm everyday. And everyday I listen my groupmates whine about how boring it is but they keep going and going. Even if they are tired, they keep going. In the end everyone start complaining they are too tired to play, some of them even says their eyes is hurting. A few times some of them fall asleep while they are farming and we are forced to replace them.

A couple years later. Many of my farm friends have left the game. And it is only me left. You dont’ know how many times I have crawl out of the bed, just so I can kill tequalt to farm karma. Even if I’m so tired, I try to find the strength to walk out of bed, since Tequalt is on a fix schedule.

You don’t know how many “fun” I give up. So I can farm more efficiently. Of course I can do the “fun” things. But the other more boring things give more rewards, so I choose to do repetitive boring things.

I really wish I could say I’m a pve players, or wvw players, or pvp players… But reality is I’m just a farmer. Spending 10 hours throwing maize balm at critters isn’t pve players. Running around picking up chest in SW isn’t pve players… They are farmers.

I just want to say, stop saying it is unfair. Because you dont’ realize the sacrifice farmers give up.

Obviously everyone play for fun. So do farmers. Farmers find getting their rewards so fun, they are willing to sacrifice hundreds if not thousands of hours of having fun. The question is are you willing to make that sacrifice…

(edited by laokoko.7403)

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

You call those people pve players. When in reality is you should call them farmers.

I don’t think you realize how much farmers sacrifice just to reach their rewards. I used to do 10 hours cof farm everyday. And everyday I listen my groupmates whine about how boring it is but they keep going and going. Even if they are tired, they keep going. In the end everyone start complaining they are too tired to play, some of them even says their eyes is hurting. A few times some of them fall asleep while they are farming and we are forced to replace them.

A couple years later. Many of my farm friends have left the game. And it is only me left. You dont’ know how many times I have crawl out of the bed, just so I can kill tequalt to farm karma. Even if I’m so tired, I try to find the strength to walk out of bed, since Tequalt is on a fix schedule.

You don’t know how many “fun” I give up. So I can farm more efficiently. Of course I can do the “fun” things. But the other more boring things give more rewards, so I choose to do repetitive boring things.

I really wish I could say I’m a pve players, or wvw players, or pvp players… But reality is I’m just a farmer. Spending 10 hours throwing maize balm at critters isn’t pve players. Running around picking up chest in SW isn’t pve players… They are farmers.

I just want to say, stop saying it is unfair. Because you dont’ realize the sacrifice farmers give up.

Obviously everyone play for fun. So do farmers. Farmers find getting their rewards so fun, they are willing to sacrifice hundreds if not thousands of hours of having fun. The question is are you willing to make that sacrifice…

Im sorry if this sounds too harsh, but just because you gave up your social life to farm pixel stuff, doesnt mean everyone do it like you do, or your friends.

In my time in this game, while doing Pve, I never have done what people might consider “farming”. I never stayed in SW for hours on end for example to farm chests.
I never gave up any fun, just to go and get some scheduled world boss.
I do Pve, sPvP, WvW, World bosses when I feel like doing them.
Granted they are many players who farm in this game on hours on end, but not all of us play the game like this. Honestly I always wondered how people can play like this, at all? Video games are supossed to be fun, there are not supposed to occupy your real life to such extend like the example you have given. Maybe try to take few more breaks from the game. You will find yourself as much competitive with other players, even after months of not log-in into the game. This is exactly one of the best aspect of gw2.

New legendaries and spvp

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Take solace and comfort in the fact that you don’t have a gambling addiction and aren’t one of the poor souls who drop hundreds or even thousands of dollars on gems to purchase Black Lion Chests with because you want that rush of getting an item. Heaven forbid a gaming company protect their customers by not putting any gambling on their cash shop. They do though because they know they can make a great deal of money off of people that have gambling addictions.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall