New login screen for HoT pls

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Okay, this is not super important or anything, but would really love it though.
The current one is getting old ..
And was never a big fan of the one we have.
I’ve never play GW1 beside from a demo, but gotta say, I absolutely loved the login screen. It was so atmospheric.
I would love a login screen for gw2 with a 3d background, it just does the job so well.
And also add in some new music, maybe do a jungle themed loginscreen.

Thoughts?

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

While i have no problem with the current log-in screen (i actually like it a lot) having something new will freshen it up quite a bit. I won’t be sad in the least if they don’t change it though.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Merchant Of Shadows.1526

Merchant Of Shadows.1526

While i have no problem with the current log-in screen (i actually like it a lot) having something new will freshen it up quite a bit. I won’t be sad in the least if they don’t change it though.

This^.

I’d be ok if it was just green instead of red tbh.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

By login screen do you mean the launcher or the character select screen? To me there is no login screen as such any more, just a small launcher that then puts me in character select (if I log out from there, I’m back to the launcher).

If you mean the character select, sure, I could see some benefit to tweaking it a bit; other threads have made a number of suggestions for improvement without cluttering it too much. But I’ll point out there’s a reason so many character/armor screenshots use the character select screen: guaranteed good lighting and a good look at armor detail, which you can’t always get in game thanks to too much granularity in the camera zoom and greatly differing lighting levels and colors outside player control.

I’d want any changes to continue to give us clear views of our characters.

Posted by: guyfaucz.2385

guyfaucz.2385

I vote for change the theme song on char selection. Seriously, please.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Wouldn’t mind getting an actual login screen similar to the one we had in beta, was so sad when they removed that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5aUYNjUok

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’d much prefer a character select screen with these elements:

• It includes actual scenery (like in GW1) of the area that the character is located
  • It includes a lighting toggle to switch a character’s scene between nighttime and daytime and whose state is remembered across log-ins (no more blinding white background)
  • Character portraits that the snapshot is taken after the character has loaded and physics have settled so we no longer have bucktooth/squeezed chin/“holy crap!” wide eyed characters in the portraits
  • A button that enables locking the order of our characters to where we can drag the portraits to organize them in a specific order or switch it off to have the current ‘last active’ character first as it is now
  • Uses a rotational style character selection of the actual rendered characters and the portrait section should be toggleable for those that prefer selection via portrait instead of rotating/flipping through rendered characters
  • The character’s currently equipped weapon set and back items are visible on the rendered characters
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

By login screen do you mean the launcher or the character select screen? To me there is no login screen as such any more, just a small launcher that then puts me in character select (if I log out from there, I’m back to the launcher).

If you mean the character select, sure, I could see some benefit to tweaking it a bit; other threads have made a number of suggestions for improvement without cluttering it too much. But I’ll point out there’s a reason so many character/armor screenshots use the character select screen: guaranteed good lighting and a good look at armor detail, which you can’t always get in game thanks to too much granularity in the camera zoom and greatly differing lighting levels and colors outside player control.

I’d want any changes to continue to give us clear views of our characters.

Oh yea sry, didn’t mean the launcher.
But the character selection screen