New player leaving because of HoT. The irony.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: slobby.6975

slobby.6975

I started the game just over a month ago. I find the lack of response to veteran players’ anger to be very disappointing.. I also feel Anet will get away with it because the fanbase loves the game so much. Some are so grateful for new content they are defending Anet’s policy.

However, as a new player I have no deep connection with the game so I need to leave aa soon as possible before I get attached.

It’s not really about the money, it’s trivial compared to my mortgage and bills. It’s more about their disregard for existing customers.

My best wishes for everyone who’s staying.

Best wishes to everyone who’s leaving.

Goodbye

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

loud minority

playing since beta, and i’m happy

Posted by: ShadowKatt.6804

ShadowKatt.6804

loud minority

Well, the only thing you could really say is the minority is the LOUD group… since the rest are silent, we really have no idea if they are happy or angry

Posted by: Biobasher.2619

Biobasher.2619

I joined in january and stopped about 1 month later, I came back in april and have enjoyed it since

Posted by: K A O S Theory.6825

K A O S Theory.6825

Been “playing” (aka have had an account since beta) the game since beta, and have played the original Guild Wars since 2006.

I was excited for the game at first, but after a month of play, I realized I wasn’t really having much fun with the game. It felt like I was honestly a child being sent to a daycare center, running around doing tasks that really didnt feel very rewarding..

The Heart of Thorns expansion rekindled my hope for the game as it was bringing more depth to the game ( + Guild Halls and GvG from GW1). But for the amount of content I was seeing, I was honestly expecting a $20 price tag at minimum. As more and more announcements went on, and I began to see the detail in the new maps, this jumped to $35. You can blame this pricing on what we got for our money in the original guild wars I guess.

$50 for only the base expansion was crazy for me. People can say that blizzard commits worse atrocities, and I do not like their price models either. In the end I played Guild Wars for the fact that they were aiming to have a price model that competed with blizzard, not imitated blizzard.

My advice would be to drop the Heart of Thorns Expansion to $35-40 (with the deluxe/ultimate getting a price drop relative to this of course) with no base game inclusion. And then to put the base game back up for sale at $15-20. This is what I was expecting the pricing to be in all honesty.

Until then, I dont really see a reason to buy this expansion. For those that do, I am hopeful that the upcoming heart of thorns announcements do warrant the $50 dollar price point, at which time I will reconsider buying the expansion.

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I started the game just over a month ago. I find the lack of response to veteran players’ anger to be very disappointing.. I also feel Anet will get away with it because the fanbase loves the game so much. Some are so grateful for new content they are defending Anet’s policy.

However, as a new player I have no deep connection with the game so I need to leave aa soon as possible before I get attached.

It’s not really about the money, it’s trivial compared to my mortgage and bills. It’s more about their disregard for existing customers.

Goodbye

You will return.
They always return.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

Goodbye

You will return.
They always return.

You are projecting.

There are other MMOs out there u know.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You will return.
They always return.

You hope they do because you don’t want a game you like to play to die out due to the exodus of too many disgruntled customers. But reality is, not everyone that leaves this game comes back. I know people that quit the game and are playing others instead.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Goodbye

So you are really only seeing the players that make the loudest cry’s.

As a veteran and long time player, I’m happy and will continue to be happy as long as the game keeps offering me fun.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

briggah.7910

I joined in january and stopped about 1 month later, I came back in april and have enjoyed it since

Welcome back!! I too have been seeing players that have quit over time slowing coming back. Each and everyday I see new players as well.

Player Vs Everyone

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

This in all honesty has made it incredibly easy for me to start to take a few steps back after over 2 years of dedicated play. I purchased ESO the other day just for something different this was before the pre release debacle and its almost seeming now like I did it at the perfect time. With the trait changes next week and the pricing and wording of the expansion let alone expecting anyone to pre order something that we know so what I feel to be very little about is beyond the scope of what I am willing to even consider. Anyways I may leave I may not I know that I refuse to pay 50 bucks because it not 50 for me its 50 plus the 10 for a character slot plus another 50 for the wife plus another 10 for her character slot. You can see where the pricing is not competitive at all when everything is said and done. At least not for me not when in the end of things I have paid a total of 120 bucks and gotten what from I can tell is a huge feature patch with no real content to speak of. I have always been more of a PVE type person this game unfortunately is so unsupportive of that its sad. There are no new dungeons that we have been made aware. They talk about these epic large scale encounters with HOT but this is nothing new or inventive we have had this since release with world bosses and tbh they are incredibly boring anymore. They are just not innovating at all imo. They are so focused on making this game a PvP type game that the PVE community is ignored and often pushed aside. These trait changes for example change the entire meta which we will see how that works but from the toons I mainly play I am not at all impressed with the lack of seemingly forethought. Anyways thats just my two or three cents.

briggah.7910

I purchased ESO the other day just for something different this was before the pre release debacle and its almost seeming now like I did it at the perfect time.

Let me know how ESO is seeing as it started as a pay sub fee and changed to a buy to play, I’d say it bombed pretty hard.

They are so focused on making this game a PvP type game that the PVE community is ignored and often pushed aside

PVE gets the most updates out of all three game modes. I dare you to go post in the WvW forums and say the WvW players have gotten more updates than the PVE players have.

Player Vs Everyone

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

loud minority

… then I’ll be the loud majority

playing since GW1, and was happy till now…

-S o S-

mikeew.8607

@briggah honestly I am not here to get in to a kittening contest with anyone was just stating my bit. No real need to get all hyper competitive with me. If you feel a certain way good on you. There is no need to dare me to do anything or to insult my decisions. So far I love ESO the community seems nice and the questing is nice and the end game looks promising with regular dungeons/veteran dungeons and raiding.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

… then I’ll be the loud majority

lol Unfortunately, the actual majority is silent. We don’t know which way they’re leaning. They might be planning to buy HoT or they might be thinking that the price is too high for the content. Only time will tell which it is.

briggah.7910

@briggah honestly I am not here to get in to a kittening contest with anyone was just stating my bit. No real need to get all hyper competitive with me. If you feel a certain way good on you. There is no need to dare me to do anything or to insult my decisions. So far I love ESO the community seems nice and the questing is nice and the end game looks promising with regular dungeons/veteran dungeons and raiding.

Sorry, didn’t mean for you to get so upset but if you think PVE players are ignored and get pushed aside, I honestly don’t even think you play this game much or never even stepped foot into the other game modes. Seeing as WvW gets the least amount of updates out of all three game modes.

Good luck in ESO, I know a few that left gw2 when ESO was launched. Seen them all recently come back.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Veteran player who is disappointed about the pricing here. Give them some time. Sometimes they act, sometimes they don’t, but I wouldn’t expect to see a response in the first couple of days.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Hey, sorry for your losses. But mind sending me your stuff and gold to the id at the left?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

mikeew.8607

@briggah thanks so much for your sarcasm. Also your ability to huge how much I play and what modes in which I play. You are exactly the type of person that is wrong with this game. You are ridiculously rude and snarky for no reason. Enjoy your high horse must get lonely at the top of your own pedestal. Anywhoo enough of feedin the trolls right. I don’t know why makes me want to stay more the high cost and low regard of the expansion so far as we know or wonderfully enjoyable people like brigah

briggah.7910

@briggah thanks so much for your sarcasm. Also your ability to huge how much I play and what modes in which I play. You are exactly the type of person that is wrong with this game. You are ridiculously rude and snarky for no reason. Enjoy your high horse must get lonely at the top of your own pedestal. Anywhoo enough of feedin the trolls right. I don’t know why makes me want to stay more the high cost and low regard of the expansion so far as we know or wonderfully enjoyable people like brigah

Actually there was no sarcasm in my last post. Please go and re-read it again. I did mean SORRY because I now see you have other issues. One of those issues is that when you make a statement and someone proves your statement to be wrong, you get all teary eyed and and lash back at that person.

I wished you GL in ESO. Wasn’t any sarcasm there either. All I said was I know a few that have left to play ESO and they have recently returned.

I really hope I didn’t hit another soft spot of yours but you’ve replied to me and said worse things about me than I have ever said about you. So who is the real troll here?

Player Vs Everyone

Posted by: KhanKatir.4038

KhanKatir.4038

Anyone who provides excellent customer service understands that the players who complain loudly are actually doing the company a favor… It’s the customers (old AND new) that you never hear from and silently walk away that actually break the bank (which is known to anyone who provides excellent customer service).

Arena net wouldn’t have made such a stupid and divisive decision if there wasn’t already blood in the water.

Since they decided to do this anyway, they’re desperate. And they LOOK desperate.

When I started GW 1 it was about the only model that was out there that had some quality yet also had no subscription fees. Now? They are everywhere with more coming down the pipe every day.

Competition is fierce.

Enjoy the game while you can and have fun.

Alexxander.8306

I purchased ESO the other day just for something different this was before the pre release debacle and its almost seeming now like I did it at the perfect time.

Let me know how ESO is seeing as it started as a pay sub fee and changed to a buy to play, I’d say it bombed pretty hard.

They are so focused on making this game a PvP type game that the PVE community is ignored and often pushed aside

PVE gets the most updates out of all three game modes. I dare you to go post in the WvW forums and say the WvW players have gotten more updates than the PVE players have.

My friend has ESO, I watched him play for a while. Game is pretty awesome if you like Skyrim..

Posted by: Tarnicus.2865

Tarnicus.2865

Briggah’s comments appeared sincere to me, and I have no connection to either of you. Your comments on the other hand are coming across in a manner that is exactly what you are accusing another of.

I agree with your initial post about the pricing of the expansion (also a new player here who purchased an account for myself and girlfriend).

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I Still play GW1, I Play GW2 not as much as I used to, I don’t buy all the RNG or cosmetic cash shop items , and I hardly every buy gems (mostly for bank tabs etc).

I won’t be pre purchasing HoT, I may buy it after the release if they offer a different pricing structure. Watching the way updates and patches have been implemented in the past, I sort of expect the installing of the HoT with the base game to cause a major DB error and wipe everyone’s data .. LOL …

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

His comments are not sincere, he is your stereotypical white knight. He loves this game therefore everyone must agree and love this game, all other are doomed to fail because he rides for Anet.

If he was sincere he would have simply said best of luck to you, enjoy your new game without the oh and BTW that game sucks, followed by insinuating he will be back.

The radical white knights are more toxic for this game then all the people voicing their concerns combined.

briggah.7910

His comments are not sincere, he is your stereotypical white knight. He loves this game therefore everyone must agree and love this game, all other are doomed to fail because he rides for Anet.

If he was sincere he would have simply said best of luck to you, enjoy your new game without the oh and BTW that game sucks, followed by insinuating he will be back.

The radical white knights are more toxic for this game then all the people voicing their concerns combined.

LOL haters gonna hate

Player Vs Everyone

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

loud minority

Who is the minority??

Attachments:

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

he just one of the kisser

loud minority

Who is the minority??

briggah.7910

loud minority

Who is the minority??

Looks like 687 already bought it and 1,343 will by it anyways

Player Vs Everyone

Alexxander.8306

loud minority

Who is the minority??

Based on what?

JUN YANG.4328

he is and other one.

briggah.7910

loud minority

Who is the minority??

Based on what?

It was more of a joke. People down vote videos all the time because well they have nothing better to do.

Player Vs Everyone

JUN YANG.4328

well just keep living in your dream

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

loud minority

Who is the minority??

That is freaking funny. I wanna see the numbers tomorrow.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Goodbye

Bull crap OP, we all know you are an alt account.. You do know Anet can see you IP address and any IP address you logged in from right?

PS: not consigning Arena Net, just pointing that out….

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

loud minority

Well, people in my guild don’t like the price, and all the people crying on the chat the day of the announcement also doesn’t like the price.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

You will return.
They always return.

You hope they do because you don’t want a game you like to play to die out due to the exodus of too many disgruntled customers. But reality is, not everyone that leaves this game comes back. I know people that quit the game and are playing others instead.

I’m on the fence. If they lower the price for an Expansion only or add in extras for the veterans, the wife and I will be waiting until HoT goes on sale and then just try and farm for gold to convert to buy the LS chapters we won’t get because we didn’t have the expansion.

If it takes too long, then it might be time for us to move on.

As it is right now, I log in to both our accounts for the login reward and then I either play on my PS3 or I work on Battletech miniatures while the wife watches something on her computer and cross-stitches.

Battletech minis… I’ve got a company of ’Mechs I need to finish plus more to be repaired/reworked. Maybe I should do that.

Plus $50 will get me more minis and those are REAL and not digital.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

It is funny, isnt it?

It is funny that me and my firend, two players that were two aficionados about the GW universe, have nothing more than despise and sandness when it comes to GW2 now.

I remember when we used to log on every single day, explore every single map, do every single event, talk to every single NPC, play a lot of PvP matches, craft everything we could and search for every bit of lore everywhere. We felt like two explorers, specially at those moments when we walked by some old GW1 place and saw how it changed or when we found some of those hidden places or jumping puzzles (and I certainly know it isn’t just me and him that know that feel hahah). We even made lores for our characters!! And some of that lore even connected with old GW1 characters too.

But now… after all that ANet has done with this game… We just don’t feel the passion anymore, not even from the Developers of the game. And it is something so sad to lose. Something that really mattered to me and to him: the first game that we really loved. Now we don’t even log in anymore, and if we do, it’s something that we regret after 5 minutes.

It’s not like the game isn’t good and isn’t beautiful, but the developers really SPOILED the fun. It’s like they dont really care, and it didn’t started because of HoT, but things that came before it. Trust me, it’s not just about the money, and it is not the first time people stopped playing because of the Devs choices too.

So yeah OP, go before you make bounds with this game and the Devs spoil your fun too.

(edited by inhearth.2038)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

loud minority

Who is the minority??

What is this supposed to prove? I’ve seen the video and haven’t up- or downvoted it. I never do.
Besides, this community’s loud minority is prone to hypes (negative and positive). This just happens to be the negative kind of mass hysteria.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

loud minority

Who is the minority??

What is this supposed to prove? I’ve seen the video and haven’t up- or downvoted it. I never do.
Besides, this community’s loud minority is prone to hypes (negative and positive). This just happens to be the negative kind of mass hysteria.

Yes… there are people who don’t vote on every video they watch…. on both sides of the like/dislike thing. You aren’t a special snowflake.

If you want to pretend like the people who are happy about this pricing are the majority, then continue to live in your fantasy world. I won’t judge, but I will tell you that you are in denial.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Why do you feel the need to reduce everything to a “vocal minority”? Besides the fact you don’t know how the majority of the playerbase feels, or how many copies of HoT were pre-purchased, does the number of unhappy customers has anything to do with the validity of their complaints?

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

loud minority

Not true, they are choosing to hear only what they want to hear.

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

loud minority

Who is the minority??

Don’t confuse people with facts.