New streamer had issues

New streamer had issues

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kreemlvo.2713

Kreemlvo.2713

Dear Anet,I just watched the guy who i think is popular on twitch The_Lazy_Peon,he brought near 1000+ Viewers on GW2 and after I felt very depressed of this leaving from him but understood it…This game is very hard to enter and i understand ,you’ve done so much things but haven’t showed how to get into your game how things work,and you know wat i think i feel sometimes the same like him and leave game cause of feeling of being lost i allready left and came back like 4 times during 4 years i think or more and only came back becauseof my guildmates and combatsystem,you give lvl up to 80 booster but when they do dat they can’t understand wat to do next.Actually to talk about feel of being lsot i kinda feel it all the time i think even if i paly only this game for such long time…
There’re many typical mmorpg games wich take players’ hand and guide through all wat you can do in game showing all grind trash and blabla but at last players start to understand wat to do,wat is rewarding,is something rewarding even if it’s kinda of passage mmorpg. i don’t remember much tips in Guild Wars 2 when i was newbie to it.I currently most of my time spend on PvP and sometimes(very,very rare) enter Fractals or Tarir i am not PVE player and don’t even enter dat cause i don’t feel like it’s rewarding in this game as it should be i think(maybe i am wrong but look i don’t wanna spend my time on things wat my heart isn’t atached to but also i need this to end my Legendary wich i want soo much,working on Incinerator while ended my Chuka like month ago,and even after that i don’t feel like i’ve done something,i don’t know wat to do,i don’t see good rewards,if you making soo low rewards only because to hold players a bit more,i think you wrong,all wat will show up is players leaving game.
But okay let’s end.I feel a bit depressed right now maybe because of this streamer leaving or winter coming(it’s very cold allready) and just i couldn’t enter game for 2 days of log-in prblms,I live in Ukraine soo also sry if my thoughts are not understandble because of not knowing English very good,but thx if you’ll see it and i will be very happy if you tell anything about your thoughts of kinda improving your ’’Welcome’’ or more ‘’Helping players’’ feature,I love your game,waiting for LS3part3.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Well, let me give you my input on this, I was watching the stream as well.

1- He’s not an experienced player, yet he thought it’d be a good idea to boost a Revenant to 80 and try to play on HoT maps, or as he titled his stream, “HoT End Game”;
2- I tried to help him with the Revenant, about his build and weapons, what each legend focus on, but he ignored chat;
3- A lot of viewers sent him stuff to help, like gold and items… He ignored most of it, even though some were “screaming” on chat that he should look his mail box;
4- He decided to try a world boss but got angry since he had no waypoints to other maps (well, I wonder why), so he complained about it, I was in group with him trying to explain about the “Teleport to Friend” and how he could use it to get to a World Boss with my help, he ignored chat;

It was at this point that he left the game, complaining how overwhelming it is for new players, which should not be boosting up characters and trying HoT maps in the first place, even though he himself called it “HoT End Game”. Don’t get me wrong, I like Peon’s content, I watch his YouTube videos and I like them, some are serious some are funny, but in my opinion his attitude was bad and left a bad impression about the game to a lot of non-GW2 player viewers.

Just my opinion.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Well, let me give you my input on this, I was watching the stream as well.

1- He’s not an experienced player, yet he thought it’d be a good idea to boost a Revenant to 80 and try to play on HoT maps, or as he titled his stream, “HoT End Game”;
2- I tried to help him with the Revenant, about his build and weapons, what each legend focus on, but he ignored chat;
3- A lot of viewers sent him stuff to help, like gold and items… He ignored most of it, even though some were “screaming” on chat that he should look his mail box;
4- He decided to try a world boss but got angry since he had no waypoints to other maps (well, I wonder why), so he complained about it, I was in group with him trying to explain about the “Teleport to Friend” and how he could use it to get to a World Boss with my help, he ignored chat;

It was at this point that he left the game, complaining how overwhelming it is for new players, which should not be boosting up characters and trying HoT maps in the first place, even though he himself called it “HoT End Game”. Don’t get me wrong, I like Peon’s content, I watch his YouTube videos and I like them, some are serious some are funny, but in my opinion his attitude was bad and left a bad impression about the game to a lot of non-GW2 player viewers.

Just my opinion.

I watched the stream as well and I have to agree to all of what you have said…..He was so lazy x)

New streamer had issues

Posted by: BonkaOoO.2093

BonkaOoO.2093

There are many ways that guild wars offer, it is now to the point where players need to do research on what they maybe interested in.

First of all players are allowed to join guilds that specializes in certain criteria; fractals, wvw, pvp, world bosses, raids. Thus giving us the options to be in 5 guilds at the same time. Allowing players to try different game play in gw2.

Second, players need to ask for assistance, it maybe for gear help or game play, ect. I was scared of crafting until someone showed me a guide to assist me what I need.

Third, if the player are not willing to listen recommendations and get frustrated a the game play, then the game is just not for the player at all.

Fourth, EXPLORE and TRY, heck it may take hours to find something a player may like in the game. Try it.

Fifth, Players need to try classes, what suits them or what ever is comfortable with them in the game play they are interested in.

Sixth, Legendary, holy they are a grind. Yet they are beautiful and worth it to your build. Players need to take into consideration which legendary works for their class and the game play they are interested for their legendary to be used in.

Took me 4 kitten years to find out how fun wvw is. I was intimidated how the game play works. The guild I recently joined which do daily runs in wvw. They are so respectful and helpful to make me a better player in wvw.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

So basically a guy wanted to play a game how he wanted and everyone yelled at him about this isn’t a game to play how you like. Rather a game that only has a few viable builds a ton of worthless unsupported skills and traits that lock you into specific weapon/skill choice. Also pushed guild and lfg usage along with collections upon collections on top of further grinding and hoarding if you want to get anything decent.

Of course this game is hard to get into for a new player it’s been that way since they pushed esports and started killing and straight out removing builds for the sake of esports not caring about the balance in other parts of the game.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Right, because I wouldn’t be lost at all if I insta level boosted a character in another MMO without ever trying it before and then going straight for max level content.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Right, because I wouldn’t be lost at all if I insta level boosted a character in another MMO without ever trying it before and then going straight for max level content.

Of course you wouldn’t get lost because other games just scale numbers for world maps their difficulty is found in raids, dungeons, and PvP. Your going to be hard pressed to find anyone outside of this game blaming the guy over open world map style questing.

The difference between this and other boosted games is while in wow you get boosted you get the gear and enter the map and your good you can learn and make mistakes even spamming a single skill to get by can work in open maps. In Gw2 you boost and get your gear and your stuck staring down pocket raptors and your mistakes are that some skills are completely and utterly worthless for the content.

Gw2 isn’t as user friendly as the other games the recent poor earning reports aren’t simply do to people quitting out of dislike for HoT but also because retention rates for new people must have also dropped as well.

New streamer had issues

flog.3485

Of course you wouldn’t get lost because other games just scale numbers for world maps their difficulty is found in raids, dungeons, and PvP. Your going to be hard pressed to find anyone outside of this game blaming the guy over open world map style questing.

The difference between this and other boosted games is while in wow you get boosted you get the gear and enter the map and your good you can learn and make mistakes even spamming a single skill to get by can work in open maps. In Gw2 you boost and get your gear and your stuck staring down pocket raptors and your mistakes are that some skills are completely and utterly worthless for the content.

Gw2 isn’t as user friendly as the other games the recent poor earning reports aren’t simply do to people quitting out of dislike for HoT but also because retention rates for new people must have also dropped as well.

Dude, the guy didn’t even face pocket raptors…..All he played was the pre-story of HoT and HoT fist step of story. During that time, he didn’t even need to switch weapons in combat, he complained that he was being cc’ed, though he had jalis stance activated until someone indicated in chat that “the road he was building” (his own words) was granting stability……He complained he had to discover the world of tyria though many of us spammed in chat that he could use the PvP lobby to go into lions arch to have access to portals to greatly reduce the time he would have to spend walking from one point to another. So, I’ll say it again: he was lazy

(edited by flog.3485)

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So some guy had issues because he logged in and ran immediately to end game content without even learning the basics and then he didn’t know his skills or what to do. He refused to listen to any help or advice and we’re supposed to take from that that this game is what was at fault?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

The only game related problem I see is that he was allowed to use a boost when he had no level 80 character yet. Why would anet allow that?

New streamer had issues

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

What a shame if his 300 viewers didn’t buy the game and anet went bankrupt as a result.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

New streamer had issues

flog.3485

What a shame if his 300 viewers didn’t buy the game and anet went bankrupt as a result.

Yeah, except there was more than 1000 viewers during the stream….

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Last time I heard of that guy he was quitting Black Desert because it was too hard.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I don’t understand how people can watch this stream, it bores me to death. Zero entertainment value.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Gearheart.2173

Gearheart.2173

It could always be worse; like WoW for instance. Look at this “Toy” they are adding to the next “Love is in Air” event; an event that’s supposed to be about Love and Unity.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144339/ex-boyfriend-dummy#add-your-comment

New streamer had issues

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

So you’re telling me Anet’s promoted streamer was….bad ?

Hold the presses and color me not shocked in the slightest.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So some guy had issues because he logged in and ran immediately to end game content without even learning the basics and then he didn’t know his skills or what to do. He refused to listen to any help or advice and we’re supposed to take from that that this game is what was at fault?

Sounds like an impatient little kid.

Also no amount of guidance will help a person who isn’t interested in learning.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet’s choices are:

• Prevent people from going directly to L80 and force them to level their first toon.
  • Allow players to decide for themselves.

“Play how you want” gives you the option of making bad choices, weird choices, or even random choices. It doesn’t mean that each choice is going to lead to good outcomes. Not much anyone can do with a player who chooses to ignore the advice of experienced players.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

New streamer had issues

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet promoted this guy? You have a link to show that?

ANet may give it to you.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I’m sorry but, stuff like this triggers me. GW2 is a great game. If you just jump and skip ahead all the way to the end and still expect to do well without understanding the game and figuring out why things are the way that they are….please. I bet almost half of the people watching his stream took what he did and said as truth and followed him like sheep.

For the people that tried to give him actual decent advice, I feel for you. But at the same time, its wasted. Because most big streamers NEVER READ CHAT. What he should have done was, get 1 or 2 people on discord or team speak who are really knowledgeable about the game and have them show him around the game. Explaining things when he had a question. But at the same time letting him know that GW2 is far more skill based then gear based. He needs to know what the hell his class actually does if hes gonna ever have a chance.

Most people I see who auto level say, “Oh I’ll just boost to lvl 80 and read out my skills and learn that way.” When in reality, they don’t read anything and just enter HOT not knowing why or the fact that you have to go through a story instance to get into it. They don’t read any of the menus or understand the mastery system and want their hands held with boring questing when the whole purpose is to explore, map complete, events, and story. Its honestly not hard at alllllllll to understand this. And its amazing how many people just don’t get it. Especially these so called “MMO vets” who’ve been playing MMO’s all their lives.

GW2 is different, but at the same time not soo different. I’m sorry, stuff like that just makes me rage so I avoid it.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

That level 80 boost ought to be unusable until you have at least 1 other 80.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

New streamer had issues

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

That’s what im gathering from reading the thread. Could be a misunderstanding, either way there’s plenty of bad streamers some promoted, some not.

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

That level 80 boost ought to be unusable until you have at least 1 other 80.

I don’t agree with this. I have 15 level 80s and bought a new account, yes I have taken many the long way around but using a 80 boost is fine with me. If you fail to do even basic research and think you are top of the world great, live with the consequences though don’t blame the game you can’t play because of your own arrogance.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

New streamer had issues

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s what im gathering from reading the thread. Could be a misunderstanding, either way there’s plenty of bad streamers some promoted, some not.

I saw nothing where it was implied in this thread that ANet promoted this streamer.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

New streamer had issues

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I saw nothing where it was implied in this thread that ANet promoted this streamer.

Anet didn’t promote this guy. He simply heard some vague things about GW2 and wanted to check it out. Hence why he referred the Reaper specialization as being “the dark necro type.” He played the game for 1 hour and 31 minutes, got frustrated and left to play Dark Souls 2 for the remaining 3 hours.

New streamer had issues

Gearheart.2173

Please try to keep things in perspective; Anet is so much bigger and above other companies that produce MMOs.

Take Blizzard’s MMO WoW for instance. Look at this “Toy” they are adding to the next “Love is in Air” event; an event that’s supposed to be about Love and Unity.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144339/ex-boyfriend-dummy#add-your-comment

Go ahead and scroll up to read the yellow descriptive text of this “Toy” Blizzard will be adding. I understand some people may have a beef with Anet; but at least Anet doesn’t stoop low enough to make light of Domestic Violence and the children being raised in that environment.

Just please try to keep things in perspective; Anet and GW2 are doing fine – streamers quitting or not. Don’t let that influence your decision to continue playing or not.

(edited by Gearheart.2173)

New streamer had issues

Gearheart.2173

And yes, I am a total GW2 Fangirl. >.<