New use for Luck Request for Expansion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

I do know that asking for details about the expansion is taboo since you can’t release it so this is just a suggestion for something to add to HoT. Can there be new use for Luck?

Once we max out our luck, there really is no use for it. You have provided some recipes that use them, but those are really one time only things that we would never need again. As you can see from my screenshot, I have been saving for a long time since maxing out (more on another toon too) with the slim hope there would be a use later. Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

maybe its time to stop salvaging blue/green and sell them to people who havent maxed out their luck

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

0_o jesus… i sure do hope so for your sake. It’s very hypnotizing to look at lol

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Yep, looks like you used your blue/greens the wrong way. Started selling them on the TP so you don’t use up more space. Considering the majority of players probably haven’t even reached 200% luck I think it is safe to say anet has no good reason to start making it a major requirement for other items.

Posted by: MadOtaku.8532

MadOtaku.8532

Everyone else had the intelligence to not rush luck to 300% as it would be boring and leave us loads of useless luck, you dug your own grave bro.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

omg I would buy that luck. I hope that luck can be traded
I have 129% luck.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

maybe its time to stop salvaging blue/green and sell them to people who havent maxed out their luck

You cant sell it, if you want to sell 1 item, you have to load trading post, that lasts 2 seconds, and then another 2 second for click and wait….
4 second for 1 item, and you have 100 of them. Do you really think people would do that if items are selling for 1 -5 silver, that is still garbage. and not worth selling, its boring to click and wait… Salvage is simple, and 1 click with no wait…

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Sell them to an NPC then

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

So you have the choice to sell those items either to a merchant or on the trading post for some profit,

or

create insane amounts of something with no use for now and probably no use in the future too.

Why would you go with the second option again?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Cuz you can make more money salvaging some things rather than selling them on the tp

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

The problem is that the purpose of Luck is to increase MF on an account. I have played about 2500 hours, mostly PvE, and I’m at 150% MF right now.
If Anet gave Luck any other beneficial use, then players that have not maxed MF would always have to choose: Do I want to increase my MF? Or do I want to use this Luck for something else? And that would completely kill Luck’s original purpose. So, if Anet decides to give Luck any other uses, they can only be ‘one time only things’, or uses that are far, far inferior to adding Luck to your account MF, so that people wouldn’t even consider keeping their luck as long as they can still increase their MF with it. Maybe something like Mawdrey that grants you a champ bag for one stack of your exotic Luck.

The other problem is that people with maxed MF are probably less than 1% of the whole player base, so most players aren’t even affected by this. These <1% are mostly either people who didn’t think things through and thought it was an awesome idea to rush luck, or people who openend a lot of ToT bags for profit / specific items / whatever reasons.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Seems like a problem for the 1% of the 1%.

Then again, that’s what you get for dumping tons of gold into maxing out your luck when you knew full well that luck essences had no other use.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Luck eater?- but the people with your problem are so litle, that it seems improbable.

I will said good luck getting it, but you alredy have tons of luck -.-

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

luck is used to make one of the lucky ram back pieces. I think if OP used all his luck for that the market would crash. but there is hope that the use of luck in crafting would be expanding.
And remember, if you read the post about the introduction of luck, it was promoted as a reason for players NOT to merch. Anet admitted that was a non-exciting thing for players to be doing with the loot they got.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Anet could also allow us to combine 5 exotic luck into 2 legendary luck… I’m just saying it would be a nice option to have as legendary luck is currently the only essence we cannot craft.

As for more uses for luck, I’d like to have consumables crafted from luck that can increase the chances of salvaging components such as inscriptions and insignia from armor and weapons.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

How do you get 137 legendary lucks, since you can’t craft them?

Becka Williams.4978

You have 7.55 million luck, just in exotics. That’s enough to max out one person from 0 and to get another person up to 273% mf. How much salvaging do you do, and how many mice have you gone through?

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

Many people I know have maxed out their luck… just because you haven’t yet does not mean nobody should be allowed to use the luck for other things. Most of my luck came from opening the over 300k ToT bags trying to get the mini ghost wolf and from Wintersday gifts. If I prefer to forge/sell/salavage my items that I get, that is my choice. It is also my choice to save them and take up the bag space in the hope for a use some day. If I could give them to a guildie to bring up their luck, I would but since I cant, it would be nice if there was some other outlet for it.

I am tired of hearing “I don’t have it so why should others” in this place. Just because someone else only opened 4k ToT bags to get their mini ghost wolf did not stop me from trying to get it. If you don’t have maxed luck yet, how about trying to get it instead of complaining about those who did.

Becka Williams.4978

Dude, you get a benefit from having max luck: you have max luck. Why should you then get another benefit from having max luck?

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Many people I know have maxed out their luck… just because you haven’t yet does not mean nobody should be allowed to use the luck for other things. Most of my luck came from opening the over 300k ToT bags trying to get the mini ghost wolf and from Wintersday gifts. If I prefer to forge/sell/salavage my items that I get, that is my choice. It is also my choice to save them and take up the bag space in the hope for a use some day. If I could give them to a guildie to bring up their luck, I would but since I cant, it would be nice if there was some other outlet for it.

I am tired of hearing “I don’t have it so why should others” in this place. Just because someone else only opened 4k ToT bags to get their mini ghost wolf did not stop me from trying to get it. If you don’t have maxed luck yet, how about trying to get it instead of complaining about those who did.

Trash them and move on.

I must have trashed enough bloodstone dust to rebuild lions arch with bloodstone bricks. if my luck was maxed, I would look at luck essences the same way I look at bloodstone dust.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

it’s ok OP i get ya, i’ll prolly end up doing the same thing XD

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I do know that asking for details about the expansion is taboo since you can’t release it so this is just a suggestion for something to add to HoT. Can there be new use for Luck?

Once we max out our luck, there really is no use for it. You have provided some recipes that use them, but those are really one time only things that we would never need again. As you can see from my screenshot, I have been saving for a long time since maxing out (more on another toon too) with the slim hope there would be a use later. Thanks

I completely support your request and agree with it. Eventually a majority of people will start reaching 300 luck.

Better to have sinks now that will still be there when more people reach this particular situation.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Everyone else had the intelligence to not rush luck to 300% as it would be boring and leave us loads of useless luck, you dug your own grave bro.

think again about early max luck, maybe you come to a different conlusion, even regarding distribution of intelligence and manners in general. Though maybe the latter are fitting for a self-proclaimed “weirdo shunned man-child” (yes, I happen to have adult Japanese friends).

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

think again about early max luck, maybe you come to a different conlusion, even regarding distribution of intelligence and manners in general. Though maybe the latter are fitting for a self-proclaimed “weirdo shunned man-child” (yes, I happen to have adult Japanese friends).

Yea and still you dont know what otaku is man, its a nerd mate not a man-child.

And they said 300 would be max so what did people expect to gain when maxed out? Some say dont make it drop at max level then just destroy it the same thing just takes afew more clicks.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’d rather that they work on new things that would benefit all players rather than find a way for those that chose to rush and cap their MP a means to use excess luck.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I’m trying so hard to feel sorry for the OP but just can’t. I doubt ANET will waste even an iota of time to address this when they have practically thousands knocking on their door asking for the expansion.