Next Elite Specializations - Introductions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Larka.7683

Larka.7683

Howdy folks,

I know everyone is theorizing on elite specs and what they will be, but I honestly care more about how they introduce them. For the ones we received at HOT, you just learn it from playing and grabbing hero points.

It would be cool for the next one to have an introduction quest for each. It would vary depending on the class.

For instance, Revenant would get a letter from Rytlock saying there was mist essence seeping through the floor where he first entered. Then the quest would have them enter the mist to defeat some evil champion. During the fight, they would receive assistance from a fallen ally and use their weapon (Greatsword plx).

Once the quest is finished, you gain the ability to use the weapon and then you unlock everything through hero points.

Just adds a little more to the classes. Thoughts?

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Yeah I would love something like this.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

I would love it, the effort into lore and story line make me love this game.

But I can only manage the forum whining of "how dare you quest lock content!?!??!?!’

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

But I can only manage the forum whining of "how dare you quest lock content!?!??!?!’

I already made a topic on this a few weeks back. Your reply kind of summarizes the 3 pages filled on my original post.

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Better drop the boring hero point farming and add a great personal story for each of then. I would very much like the idea of a quest row in which you unlock the entire spec.

In case we get another elite spec locked behind hero points I will once and for all drop GW2 to be honest…

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I would absolutely love this. This is a point I questioned them the most. It feels too much shallow in the way they did… a lot of MMOs out there present new sub-classes way better.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

YES PLS DO DIS I BEG YOU (mesmer axe plz plz plz)

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I would love that as well (main mesmer) and there are many options, maybe i get send somewhere and lose all weapons and have to improvise – but as mesmer i would love if i got stuck in time (with my own chronomancer stuff or an other mesmer) and see there a great fight comming where i have to wield an axe (i see all possible futures, with each weapon set i get defeated/die, except the unexcepted – an axe)

Also bonus points if the timetravel-mistake leads to a dwarf who lend’s me his axe

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I still think Anet OWES us an in-game explanation for the current Elite Specs, the access to gliding, and the new Revenant profession. It doesn’t need to be something big, but, for the eternal alchemy, please do something.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Larka.7683

Larka.7683

For Mesmer, I would like to see something with Kasmeer (I think that’s her name). Maybe in her absence, she has been training and learned something new.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

They could lock it behind a collection, drop the items from said quest (along with the typical DEs and so on), and add a one-time PvP and/or WvW reward track that also drops all of the needed items.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

As long as it’s optional – sure.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.