Next specs for making old weapons useable

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Grave.9258

Grave.9258

So it is nice that specs are making weapons like shield, probably warhorn etc useable BUT those are useable for classes which couldn`t use it before. My point is that guardian for example is a class associated with shield as the icon says but even engi with shield is better. So how about that next specializations would redesign the way we use weapons we can use already instead of adding new types of weapons. It`s important for us to be able to use weapons we like and don`t be kicked from party just because I dont use graetsword.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The shield’s utility is too low for the high cool downs linked to them. Guardians are especially problematic, because the push effect on Shield of Absorption actually makes group fights harder, and don’t last long enough to really provide protection against the slow attack speed of most mobs. And the Shield of Judgement only gives a few seconds of Protection boon and trivial damage. At least on the Engie its 3 seconds of Mobile reflect and a ranged stun, while Warriors get a stun and a long block.

If I had to make a simple suggestion, I would say give the Knock back to Shield of Judgement (which is easier to aim), and give Shield of Absorption pulsed protection for people fighting inside of it.

This make a TON of practical sense, as the bubble can be used to surround allies in a Melee fight, and the judgement shield’s cone is easier to aim.

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

If I had to make a simple suggestion, I would say give the Knock back to Shield of Judgement (which is easier to aim), and give Shield of Absorption pulsed protection for people fighting inside of it.

This make a TON of practical sense, as the bubble can be used to surround allies in a Melee fight, and the judgement shield’s cone is easier to aim.

This so much :’c

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’d only be keen on revisiting existing weapons if it was to make them usable in an alternate hand.

Pistol main-hand for Mesmer?
Shield/Shield Guardian?
etc.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The shield’s utility is too low for the high cool downs linked to them. Guardians are especially problematic, because the push effect on Shield of Absorption actually makes group fights harder, and don’t last long enough to really provide protection against the slow attack speed of most mobs. And the Shield of Judgement only gives a few seconds of Protection boon and trivial damage. At least on the Engie its 3 seconds of Mobile reflect and a ranged stun, while Warriors get a stun and a long block.

Really good idea

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

shield 4 for guards needs to be a KD, shield 5 needs to not root.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

shield 4 for guards needs to be a KD, shield 5 needs to not root.

I don’t see rooting as being a problem. Lag delaying the effect is its own issue, and should be fixed because of its a problem, not because a normally well behaved skill acting weird.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The problem with most offhands (especially shields) is that they’re balanced for use against other players, so they have ridiculously short durations and enormous recharges on their skills.