No guild panel? Sorry Anet :(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

I’m sorry Anet, but I don’t think I’ll be testing your Revenant this weekend.

The fun part about GW2 is being able to communicate with friends, and the lack of a guild panel means I cannot join guild chat. If I want to share my wonder at the awesome Revenant I’d have to jump back to my regular characters first. I don’t want that.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can still party with other players. It’s not quite getting to share with a whole guild, but chatting with four others is better than chatting with none.

Bear in mind, a lot of your guild is going to be testing their Revenants too, in all likelihood, so even if you have access to guildchat it might wind up being emptier this weekend anyway.

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Yea it’s the downside of all the betas so far. I had intended to play the Revenant for Guild missions this weekend but oh well.

Alternatively you can still group with guildies, and if you use voice chat you can communicate that way instead.

Dengar.1785

I suppose those are some things I can look into.

Still though, it was quite a shock and it REALLY bummed me out.

Maybe I’ll make another attempt tomorrow.

I wish that this wasn’t an issue though.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Bear in mind, a lot of your guild is going to be testing their Revenants too, in all likelihood, so even if you have access to guildchat it might wind up being emptier this weekend anyway.

Wait what?
You make it sound like it there’s no point to have guild chat because everyone is going to be on their revenants and not have access.
Which is true, that’s what we have right now.
But the OP was saying guild chat should be open for him/her to use, and if it were open for him/her to use it would be open for the rest of his/her guild as well and thus guild chat would not in fact be empty.

He’s right, sharing what we see could make for a lot of good word of mouth for the class (with the opposite also true to be fair)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Xiahou Mao.9701

But the OP was saying guild chat should be open for him/her to use, and if it were open for him/her to use it would be open for the rest of his/her guild as well and thus guild chat would not in fact be empty.

He’s right, sharing what we see could make for a lot of good word of mouth for the class (with the opposite also true to be fair)

Revenants can’t represent guilds, because then they’d be able to place items in guild banks, which would circumvent their current “No Trading Post/Mail” restrictions to keep them from moving items from their soon-to-be-deleted inventories into the wide game world beyond.

It’s something they might work on in the future, but right now that’s why you can’t represent a guild.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Revenants can’t represent guilds, because then they’d be able to place items in guild banks, which would circumvent their current “No Trading Post/Mail” restrictions to keep them from moving items from their soon-to-be-deleted inventories into the wide game world beyond.

It’s something they might work on in the future, but right now that’s why you can’t represent a guild.

lol thats an absolutely terrible excuse. no rewards, no progression, no guild. Its like every reason for playing the game is removed.

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

buck up, nancy.

lol thats an absolutely terrible excuse. no rewards, no progression, no guild. Its like every reason for playing the game is removed.

except this revenant test isnt made for progression, but rather to TEST the revenant and for anet to get feedback about the revenant.

Xiahou Mao.9701

Well… it’s a beta test. If it was done on its own separate server as beta tests normally are, then there’d still be no rewards, no progression and no guild.

I’m not really sure what you’re expecting out of a beta test? If you want rewards and progression, you’ll have to wait for the release of the game. The beta tests will help get us there by providing feedback on the concepts and features the expansion will have.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

No, its not a beta test. Its on live servers. And if it were anything but live gameplay at this level I wouldn’t even consider it passed alpha. If this is beta worthy Revenant then the class is in serious trouble.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yea, i kinda felt lost as to what to do with the new Rev i created. Wondered through few maps for a bit, played around with the new skills/traits, but felt it pointless running around the same world we have traipsed through for the past 3 years, unable to keep anything if we kill mobs, or gather mats, see if any guildies are on etc, no progress of any kind gave me a feeling of futility lol.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It does rather feel futile, and lonely.

No point in harvesting that Ancient sapling or that iron node. No chatting with guildies. No getting excited about a box on the ground after killing a champ. No point in doing a dungeon run. No underwater weapons, so underwater combat is out. I can’t even do map exploration, since there is no permanency and the map is unlocked anyway. It’s just maps I’ve been to hundreds of times before killing mobs I’ve killed hundreds of times before.

Sure, I’m learning the skills and that’s interesting, to a point. However there is only so many times you can kill a moa or a Minotaur before it starts feeling a little……. stale. I can’t see myself playing the Rev for hours and hours. An hour or two a day for the 3 days will probably be it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I understand Guild stuff was disabled probably due to progress/technical issues between beta disposable characters and permanent guilds but….

This beta is far less fun than it could be if I could chat with my guild while playing the rev.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

except this revenant test isnt made for progression, but rather to TEST the revenant and for anet to get feedback about the revenant.

Most of the problems with the revenant were reported long ago, and didn’t seem to be addressed. Somehow i don’t think this event is going to improve the matter.
And if i’m to be testing a class that is a pain to use due to problems that should have been fixed already, then i’d like to be able to at least chat with my friends, and keep what i receive as drops.
Basically, if this beta was to test normal Revenant gameplay in PvE, then it should not remove every incentive to participate in that gameplay.
Well, at least it was useful in sPvP, where every revenant i could see was a free kill (and i can tel you i am not a good PvP player).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Dengar.1785

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I understand that there are reasons why I can’t access guild panels. The point is that I find the experience very lonely and isolated when I cannot talk to my friends (who don’t all have beta access, by the way).

I believe it’s in my right to express my regret over this.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I understand that there are reasons why I can’t access guild panels. The point is that I find the experience very lonely and isolated when I cannot talk to my friends (who don’t all have beta access, by the way).

But can’t you still group chat with some of them? I mean, it’s not like you’re completely cut off from the outside world, here.

Posted by: Tenna Tulre.2076

Tenna Tulre.2076

In a way it makes sense though: how many of our guilds have built up guild buffs over the years and such, and how many of them, especially on the day/night of WvW resets, will be turning on their buffs? When doing testing, regardless of of what the testing is, the tester needs to be able to define and in some cases eliminate variables that would render the results useless. It’s science!

Most articles from aNet published that they DID want feedback from us on balance and how we as players liked the new profession and the new PvP map. Even the betas from the original GW2 release had specific variables that aNet needed subjective data (and in everyone playing, objective data) from. And it wasn’t just GW2, other games I’ve been in the pre-release betas would actually have pop-ups built in to ask about specific things.

My advice, and take it with a grain of salt, is use your other guild communication, and remember that you are NOT limited to just playing your revenant for the entire weekend. My own guildies and I are grouped together, in voice communication, and alternating between the Revs and our other characters as well. In fact, it’s been a blast doing that! Especially as we love theory crafting! So look on the bright side: you purchased early access to testing and are getting the chance to help shape what is going to come when the x-pack finally does release and a chance to start your personal theorycrafting early as well. The Rev is NOT in the game complete yet, nor do we have full access to what it will encompass when it is. Take advantage of this chance to help shape what everyone will eventually be playing.

Level 80 Mesmer, Ele, Engi
Co-Guild Leader | The Nefarious Legacies [TNL]
Henge of Denravi

Dengar.1785

^And I’m saying I have difficulty psyching myself up for testing since I have to do it all by myself.

Many people don’t mind being alone, and that’s fine too.

But can’t you still group chat with some of them? I mean, it’s not like you’re completely cut off from the outside world, here.

Groups are only 5 people. And they’d have to have a reason to group with you other than to just talk.

Maybe that’s good enough for you, idk.

(edited by Dengar.1785)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Being able to simply talk with your guild can go a long way to help beta testing, in my opinion. I’m playing the Revenant less due to not being able to help or converse with guildies.

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

We have currently one person in our guild w a beta.
He is not alone in any way. We have TeamSpeak. We are partied with him.
We are discussing the class, how they interact with others, etc.

To state that because you can only talk to 5 people at a time in chat when your guild is bigger and it’s creating -such- an issue…
Maybe you need to reevaluate your communications.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I’m sorry Anet, but I don’t think I’ll be testing your Revenant this weekend.

The fun part about GW2 is being able to communicate with friends, and the lack of a guild panel means I cannot join guild chat. If I want to share my wonder at the awesome Revenant I’d have to jump back to my regular characters first. I don’t want that.

since there is no progress, they cant allow Revenants into Guilds for Guild Progress.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I’ve played for a while without guild but it’s not something I want to do for very long. Might I suggest that rather than the system of gear (which is, I presume, the only reason this daft rule is in place) that we currently have, we instead have a single, soulbound, set of class armour and weapons with flexible stats, and runes/sigils similar to those we find in SPvP. Don’t let us trade the items or put them in the Mystic Toilet, instead allow us to customise a single set as often as we like, in the same way as we can legendary weapons.

I can’t think of any reason other than items that this isolation would be in place.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I’ve played for a while without guild but it’s not something I want to do for very long. Might I suggest that rather than the system of gear (which is, I presume, the only reason this daft rule is in place) that we currently have, we instead have a single, soulbound, set of class armour and weapons with flexible stats, and runes/sigils similar to those we find in SPvP. Don’t let us trade the items or put them in the Mystic Toilet, instead allow us to customise a single set as often as we like, in the same way as we can legendary weapons.

I can’t think of any reason other than items that this isolation would be in place.

Forgot about Guild Progression ? Anet doesn’t what to have to reset that as well after beta for each Rev in a guild.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guilds that have voice chat have this much easier. I was in contact with the core players in my guild, even though guild chat didn’t work. I’m not sure why any guild wouldn’t make use of voice chat these days.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Theres no guild panel, because, what do you think would instantly happen first, when there would be one?

Right, exactly it would happen what every smart person with a brain in his/her head would try out (like I tried it too just to go sure if it works or not) is to run with the beta char to the guild vault to stash all the tons of items in the guild vault as middleman place to move all the stuff over from these silly clone accounts over to your real accounts, so that you can use the items there with your real account…

Most people would abuse this then by movign everythign a ton times over, deletign the beta chara, making a new one and rinse and repeat…

What do you think woudl be the result of this bad idea?
Correct, a total destroyed ingame economy in which tons of sigils, runes, exotics, ectos, buff foods and potions ect. instantly would be worth nothing anymore, when everyone would do this…

Not to mention that it would be possible to stash also all the Gold… people would become all instantly super rich….

So its a total idiotic suggestion to open up the guild gameplay for beta characters and a total right decision of ANet to block this off, same like beta characters can send mails, but can’t send any items or money with mails as this is blocked for them too.
Same as like their account chest is also cloned, so that you can’t move over items via account chest to your real chest and so on..

ANet has gaplessly done everything right here to prevent at all cost an economical MCA

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: videll.9531

videll.9531

All Anet needed to do for Revenant characters is the following:

1. enable guild chat
2. disable access to guild bank
3. disable sending or receiving items/money
4. disable access to guild progression, missions, and rewards

Azeena Videll
officer of Unified Heroes of Tyria [UHoT]
Devona’s Rest server

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

1. enable guild chat

Or….
made all the initial gear revenant receives soulbound.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

1. enable guild chat

Or….
made all the initial gear revenant receives soulbound.

There is still the problem with bank access
1) if it a real bank, people might take out and put on their Rev, gem store items such as the copper fed salvage kit or put ascended weapons/armor from other chars. Then forget to remove and lose these items when the beta ends.
2) if it not a real bank but a copy and people are allowed to keep items they find, where will they put these items? If they put them in the copy bank they lose them and they can’t put them in the trading post because their gold is copy gold, not real gold.
3) the bank would need to be a mixture of both real and copy to get around all problems. Possible, I’m sure but how much work for this beta?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

As soon as i was not able to communicate with my guild i sort of fell out of favor with the testing of the revenant. I ma huge hammer fan so within about 5 minutes playing with it i was in love with it but could not share any of this within any one unless I invited a friend to my party.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Same here, I think community interaction – especially if you test a new class – is rather important. Don’t know why they turned that off.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Same here, I think community interaction – especially if you test a new class – is rather important. Don’t know why they turned that off.

Community interaction as in being able to chat with guild members? Playing a Rev is no different than playing any other class as far as guild chatting.

You can still party with guild members, talk to guild members, play with guild members. You just can’t type in /guild nor be representing.

Don’t see how that affects community interaction.

Heck, there were at LEAST 30 Revs at teq last night. They didn’t seem to be having too much trouble playing with the community.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

They essentially wanted to lock you out of your Guild Bank because they clone your account when you make a revenant. That way you can spend 6k Laurels on T6 mats and Ascended stuff for your Revenant, and you can’t stash them in the guild bank to take back to your main account and still have 6k laurels.

Kind of ham-handed, but I get what they’re getting at.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I will express my regret over this, too. I made a revenant, but when I saw that I had no guild access I deleted it and went back to my guild. As long as there is no NDA there should always be guild access.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace