No raids seriously?

No raids seriously?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Fakkahe.3108

Fakkahe.3108

Raids were the only thing i was hyped for, sure we got a bunch of new stuff that was very appreciated. But they only thing i’ve been missing since beta launch of gw2 is raids. Please reconsider this anet.

Regards
Rawara

(edited by Fakkahe.3108)

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

They talked about challenging group content. I think stuff like Tequatl and Great Jungle Wurm are the closest to raids we’ll be getting.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

What did you think they meant by challenging group content…?

No raids seriously?

Fakkahe.3108

They talked about challenging group content. I think stuff like Tequatl and Great Jungle Wurm are the closest to raids we’ll be getting.

Imho, those were to big and to uncoordinated. What i really want is like GvE or something to unlock special features for the guild and masteries not only PvP/WvW related. Like 10 man dungeons and such.

What did you think they meant by challenging group content…?

See second post.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Imho, those were to big and to uncoordinated. What i really want is like GvE or something to unlock special features for the guild and masteries not only PvP/WvW related. Like 10 man dungeons and such.

I don’t think the developers are interested in doing “10 man dungeons”.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Today I did Teq with my lvl 50 thief… how is that challenging? I got carried no problemo, got final reward and everything.

No raids seriously?

Fakkahe.3108

I don’t think the developers are interested in doing “10 man dungeons”.

I get that feeling aswell, guess it’s to “ordinary” for guild wars.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Who said there wasn’t raids? No one. The lack of evidence is not evidence of a lacking. We need to wait for more details to be 100% sure

No raids seriously?

Fakkahe.3108

Who said there wasn’t raids? No one. The lack of evidence is not evidence of a lacking. We need to wait for more details to be 100% sure

Raids are a rather big thing for PvE, so i think they should have announced it at PAX if it was an added feature.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The trailer does say ‘Challenging group content’ on the livestream so maybe they will say something about that at a later date?

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Well Colin said they mentioned every big feature from HoT. Raids were not among them. A real bummer if you ask me; I love group content, it’s certainly better than the open world 0skill zergfest we have currently going on in 90% of the game but the lack of raids in his presentation makes me really pessimistic.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

This is not WoW.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

No raids seriously?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They said challenging group content that will be organized from the guild hall for guilds… they won’t call it raids since that has a stigma attached to it, but it will be the same thing.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

They said challenging group content that will be organized from the guild hall for guilds… they won’t call it raids since that has a stigma attached to it, but it will be the same thing.

You raise a fair point. If it’s instanced and for more than 5 players, I don’t care what it’s called as long as it’s fun!

No raids seriously?

Fakkahe.3108

This is not WoW.

Since when does raiding only appear in WoW?

Well all we can do is to have faith and hope it will come.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I believe they actually did announce raids, but not the “Raids” that people think of where they’ll shove 25 of us into a room to kill stuff.

They talked about the mastery system being required for some of the content, and the new skills and etc helping to survive, overcome, and defeat the content. They specifically denoted solo and group content.

Plus, openworld raids of 25+ seem more like raids than 25 man dungeons do in any regard.

Fishsticks

No raids seriously?

Posted by: ekimsfree.9406

ekimsfree.9406

Normal instanced raids will never be apart of GW2. Any challenging content will be open world minus the typical dungeon. That’s GW2;

Now, they will include raid style mechanics…but, it will be in the open world and/or they may allow guilds to summon like they can now, but it will never be limited to that since it would only benefit large guilds.

No raids seriously?

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

but it will never be limited to that since it would only benefit large guilds.

Why that? A 10+ dungeon doesn’t benefit large guilds, since that isn’t that much for a PvE active guild. And, like in other games, even those with 10 – 12 player raids, you still could ally with another guild…