Nothing legendary at all!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Legendary weapons are supposed to be some sort of end game achievements but there’s nothing legendary about them? Only one weapon class has more then one skin that I know of, Greatswords. How is a legendary hammer legendary when anyone using the hammer legendary has the juggernaut? 1 staff, 1 long bow, 1 mace, 1 pistol etc etc?

This is a major buzz kill that Anet should be focusing on when it comes to adding new content. With HOT if they add 1 new skin for each weapon class that will be ridiculous! Wahoo everyone grinding for the same new Legendary that’s going to over take LA with its effect.

Anet come on, think outside the boss. 1 legendary every couple of years is a joke and if you need ideas and concept art why not go back to where you should’ve from day dot, GW1 has loads of great weapons that seem to have fallen from the gw story world. Here’s and Idea, New Weapon type Spare, Effects copy paste Voltaic spare gw1 done…..

Is it just me or do others think 1 of each class other then GS is ok? hardly customizable characters imo?

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

butbutbut footprints

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Perhaps I’m biased because I can’t be bothered to go through the trouble to get a legendary, but I’d much rather they release legendaries in limited number while releasing higher numbers of normal skins than overload the game with a ton of skins that are all insanely difficulty / grindy to acquire. Being that the endgame is all largely about customizing your appearance, they need to expand that for everyone, not just those who can put in the grind for a legendary.

Legendaries are never going to be the way to go if you want a “unique” skin anyway. Even if there were 10 legendaries per weapon type, there would still be a much higher number of people aiming for those 10 skins than the dozens of normal skins in the game.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Why is this in the Heart of Thorns subsection? We don’t know anything about the new incoming legendaries yet, do we?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

It took me a while to parse this. I suspect it was written on a cell phone.

Anyway….

You understand this is the problem with alot of mmos. The conceit is that, the other players dont come into play. Like, you dont see some npcs at Fort Trinity going “I cant belive it, look at all the pact commanders. How can there be 12,000 commanders of the pact, and they all claim to have taken down Zhaitan”

The same goes for legendaries. if you only have one, there is only one. The fact that another player has it densest count.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

With HOT if they add 1 new skin for each weapon class that will be ridiculous

They will be adding less than 1 new skin for each weapon type. They will add only a handfull, with the rest coming “later” (the same “later” they said we would get kinds of legendary items other than weapons, years ago).

1 legendary every couple of years is a joke and if you need ideas and concept art why not go back to where you should’ve from day dot, GW1 has loads of great weapons that seem to have fallen from the gw story world

Those will be used eventually, but in the Gem Store – so players can get them through the scam-like lottery system of the Black Lion Chests.

Posted by: Klowde.9876

Klowde.9876

So your suggestion is to create more legendaries? You realize more legendaries = harder to get the one you want, as theres a harder time getting a specific legendary from a random pool. Its really easy to pull something you want if its 1/3, and gets much harder when its 1/10, or 1/15, or 1/20.

I suspect one reason for having few legendaries is because it makes legendaries very recognizable. I look at Bolt and I’m like, “Wow, this player must have spent either a ton of time or money getting Bolt. Good for them. looks cool.” If there are more, I might look at a sword and think to myself, “That sword looks cool, wonder if its a legendary.” I wouldn’t know it on recognition if it were one out of 10 legendaries.

If you want weapon diversity, ask them for more skins, although there are already a HUGE amount in the game. If you want a super rare skin, then get one from the TP that’s like 3000 g and stick it on an ascended weapon. Works the same, except you dont get to swap traits, but in our meta just make Zojja’s weapon.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

omg legendaries aren’t legendary guys, this is a brand new breakthrough!

anyways, if you want to feel unique, then just make a legendary and skin it over with one of the psuedo legendaries, e.g. make kudzu and transmute it with azureflame.

i’m fine with there only being a small amount of legendaries. means there’s less of a chance i’ll find another one i like enough to waste the time making :P I much prefer the 100-500G that most unique skins cost

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I think it is ok, because while there are 3 legendary GS skins, they are all horrible so technically there is no legendary GS while every other weapon has 1 skin.

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

butbutbut footprints

Besides the Hello Kitty animations, this must be the stupidest ever.