Time to stop ignoring the rest of the player base that doesn’t enjoy PvP

Now people are getting PvP legendary backpack

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Is this a troll post?
Ignoring?

Only a very small part of the game is PvP. If you want to learn what ignoring really means try PvP or even worse WvW.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

PvP was ignored for nearly 3yrs xD

In those 3 yrs before HoT, we saw 2-3 new maps, 2 of which have been removed from un/ranked, 1 removed altogether. And no new game mode until HoT arrived, and I dare say Stronghold isn’t as popular as hoped.

So, you can’t wait to finish another legendary in PvE. I get that. But PvE was and is far from ignored. It’s time the devs actually showed it’s PvP player base some love. I wish they could listen to the WvW players as much as the PvE players.

Kitten.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

….

and I dare say [insert anet concept related to HoT] isn’t as popular as hoped.

…..

this is always true

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The devs only care about PvP and their precious e-sports. We’ve seen them destroy PvE classes and content over and over and over again to preserve their PvP. It is hardly a surprise they would do this again.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

When are we getting Ad-Infinitum?

lolololol. If you think the PvE playerbase is being ignored, you are either not currently playing the game or are just blind to everything that is happening. Oh, and say hi to Sloth.

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

I think he is right , buffs and nerv to Balance pvp , they dont care if they destroy a class in pve ofc pve has more Content nur the devs r clearly focusd on pvp and ad infinitum Looks like forgotten atm

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

300 000 dollar wasted on E-sport tournement. I don’t call that ‘ignoring pvp’. They are addicted to pvp.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

300 000 dollar wasted on E-sport tournement. I don’t call that ‘ignoring pvp’. They are addicted to pvp.

This is the biggest misconception ever. GW2 is 99% PvE content, but advertisements and events are ~80% PvP. It’s easy to believe Anet’s PR bullkitten if you don’t actually see what’s behind it – there’s literally nothing new content to play in ranked PvP since 2012, only stronghold which nobody cares about.

PvP development is a joke and devs couldn’t care less, they just love attending tournaments and hope that throwing money at things will magically fix problems so they don’t have to work.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You can totally tell that the devs only care about PvP, and are addicted to it, by the fact that they spend the vast majority of their time and resources on non-PvP aspects of the game.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Like what PvE event can they do? There really isn’t much in the form of competition for PvE.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You can totally tell that the devs only care about PvP, and are addicted to it, by the fact that they spend the vast majority of their time and resources on non-PvP aspects of the game.

How could they be “adicted to pvp” if they don’t even play it and have no clue about what’s going on in the game? “Balance” attempts reflect their lack of understanding of even the most basic things.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Like what PvE event can they do? There really isn’t much in the form of competition for PvE.

At the launch of the game they did regular live PvE events. They drew so many players that the servers started crashing.

A few months later they switched to dumping all the money into PvP tournaments and gem store items. PvE content went to normal MMO patches, still every 2 weeks, but greatly reduced in scope.

They expanded PvP again to include large cash prizes. PvE got reduced to “seasons” which if you didn’t attend at launch you now had to pay for to fund PvP

They expanded PvP a third time and revamped the rewards and increased the prize pool again. PvE content stopped completely for a long time and was locked behind an expansion paywall.

If they expand PvP any more then I suspect they will just delete PvE and then shut down the game.

Ayrilana.1396

At the launch of the game they did regular live PvE events. They drew so many players that the servers started crashing.

A few months later they switched to dumping all the money into PvP tournaments and gem store items. PvE content went to normal MMO patches, still every 2 weeks, but greatly reduced in scope.

They expanded PvP again to include large cash prizes. PvE got reduced to “seasons” which if you didn’t attend at launch you now had to pay for to fund PvP

They expanded PvP a third time and revamped the rewards and increased the prize pool again. PvE content stopped completely for a long time and was locked behind an expansion paywall.

If they expand PvP any more then I suspect they will just delete PvE and then shut down the game.

I don’t remember any such live PvE events at launch. From what I remember, the Halloween patch was the first content update that we received followed by the start of what would be SSC. We then transitioned into the first Wintersday followed by the first living story which was very very brief. None of this was really broadcasted like PvP events.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Scarlet war invasion in LA
Karka Invasion in LA
Tower of Nightmares all say hi !

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Ayrilana.1396

Scarlet war invasion in LA
Karka Invasion in LA
Tower of Nightmares all say hi !

And they’re not broadcasted live events like PvP tournaments. Well unless you count the unofficial streamers that may have broadcasted them as they played but then you can apply that to practically everything in the game that could have possibly been streamed by them.

I don’t think you can equate any of the PvE events/releases to this:

https://competitive.guildwars2.com/en

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

How does that logic hold up in the face of the fact that they are expanding and spending vastly more time and resources on PvE than on PvP?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

The only argument I’ve seen as ‘proof’ that A net puts more resources into PvP than PvE is the fact that PvE content is not officially streamed? Seriously. What about all of the ready ups and Points of Interest episodes about upcoming events/features in game? Without ruining the experience for people wanting to try the game out, you can’t really stream anything else.
As loose a term as e-sport is for how PvP competition has been the last year, competitive scenes sell. There’s nothing competitive about PvE

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

The prize pool is 200,000$.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-esl-guild-wars-2-pro-league/

GW2 earned over 81 Million Dollar in 2015.
http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

200K is 0.25% of that. I wouldn’t call that wasting all their money in PvP, or addiction.

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

PvE players jealous of PvP? Are you serious? There have been no new conquest maps in eternity all the while there was a period when there was new PvE content every two weeks.

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t remember any such live PvE events at launch. From what I remember, the Halloween patch was the first content update that we received followed by the start of what would be SSC. We then transitioned into the first Wintersday followed by the first living story which was very very brief. None of this was really broadcasted like PvP events.

Things like the kakra invasion, scarlet invasion and nightmare tower were all live events. They started and ended during a short period of time during the live game and then were over. Hundreds of players streamed their play sessions during these events.

Of course Anet didn’t stream, it wasn’t PvP, so they didn’t care.

Ayrilana.1396

Things like the kakra invasion, scarlet invasion and nightmare tower were all live events. They started and ended during a short period of time during the live game and then were over. Hundreds of players streamed their play sessions during these events.

Of course Anet didn’t stream, it wasn’t PvP, so they didn’t care.

Well all of season 1 could be considered live events. A lot of people streamed those. Still, they are absolutely nothing like the PvP tournament that people are complaining about.

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

This is the biggest misconception ever. GW2 is 99% PvE content, but advertisements and events are ~80% PvP. It’s easy to believe Anet’s PR bullkitten if you don’t actually see what’s behind it – there’s literally nothing new content to play in ranked PvP since 2012, only stronghold which nobody cares about.

PvP development is a joke and devs couldn’t care less, they just love attending tournaments and hope that throwing money at things will magically fix problems so they don’t have to work.

Throwing all the marketing budget at PvP when the finals barely get 5k viewers is like the biggest waste ever.
I rather have them doing traditional add campaigns ( and not stupid kitten like taxi cabs ) so maybe the game would get more players overal.

I’m convinced one fo the main reason HoT sales figures weren’t as big as predicted is because they wasted marketing money on PvP.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

I can’t do half the achievements for those backpacks anyway..Anet requirements are so excessive, repetitive, yawn…

Just not going to play. It’s not fun anymore.

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

I can’t tell how many of you are strawmen.

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards