OMG increase ore drop from POD!!!!!!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

wtf really 17 pod open and got only 3 ore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many times i need go DS for 250 ingot 500x times???? most stupidly game design ever.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

According to my calculation, you need to do it 41667 times, if you want 250 ingots 500 times, and get 3 every run.

Around 10 years, if you do DS 24/7.

Posted by: citypigeon.6358

citypigeon.6358

my god this is sad

IGN: zestalyn
zestalyn.tumblr

Pecar.1236

i got more that 25x DS event and never get more that 5 ore from single run i normal got 2-4 ore i want new leg weapon or armor but i dont spend all time in 1 map rather go pvp or wvw with guild

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Whoever imagined that after beating the final open world boss in the final zone of the expansion, players would want to put up with the timed loot chase.

What a nightmare; really awful design.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Quicker to level a new toon and progress it through the HoT story it seems. Kind of funny in a sad way.

Xernth.8561

Quicker to level a new toon and progress it through the HoT story it seems. Kind of funny in a sad way.

Sad and makes a lot of sense.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I just finished getting my 250 ore. It wasn’t nearly as bad as people are saying. I did do the story twice. Look online for pod routes. You should be able to get almost 30 pods open with an average of 11-15 ore per run.

You guys wanted long term content that couldn’t be bought off the TP. That’s exactly what we got.

Pecar.1236

if you get easy 250 ore does not mean everybody will get its same easy. Most of people say same stupid rng drop rate. I dont have problem with runnig DS event but hate when spend 1.30h for nothing

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

I just finished getting my 250 ore. It wasn’t nearly as bad as people are saying. I did do the story twice. Look online for pod routes. You should be able to get almost 30 pods open with an average of 11-15 ore per run.

You guys wanted long term content that couldn’t be bought off the TP. That’s exactly what we got.

I didn’t want long term content that I have to play over and over again.
I wanted new and exciting. Fun and interesting.

No.

ZudetGambeous.9573

That’s not even remotely realistic. Replayable content is the hallmark of MMO’s.

DS is going to be THE open world endgame content for probably the next 6-9 months.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I like how people now optimize their builds for Dragon’s Stand not for actually beating the meta event…but for running past mobs afterwards and making sure other players are eaten so that they can open more pods.

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

It’s actually easier to do the personal story and get 40 crystalline ore per completion. Given that you unlock the masteries that block progression first, of course.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

That’s not even remotely realistic. Replayable content is the hallmark of MMO’s.

DS is going to be THE open world endgame content for probably the next 6-9 months.

While that may be true, and i have no problem with it, getting these pods shouldn’t be this challenging after you completed the event. The event itself is the content, not the chestrun after. It’s either time based like Auric basin, or spread around the world in mobs like silverwastes, verdant brink or tangled depths, having it be both time based and covered in veterans and elites, is bad design imo. If you are doing a chest run and someone goes down near you in silverwastes for example, people come to rez. Right now dragon stand doesn’t encourage people to rez others, since it’s dangerous and if you get behind or die, you are basicly kittened. Add to that the fact that these pods despawn fast, and you basicly need to rush, and you got the clusterkitten that is dragon stand today. So either no mobs and something like auric basin, or open world like verdant brink would be fine.

How it is now is frustrating and stupid. And this has nothing to do with the actual event. I don’t care if i have to do dragon stand 25 or even 50 times, i just don’t want that progress to be affected by random mobs charging around knocking people down, by frustration on teamspeak and by just an overall irritated atmosphere when the event is over. After you beat a worldboss should NEVER be a moment of frustration. That is extremely bad game design imo.

Best solution would be to just limit the machete’s you get until the bossfight, and to have pods just be in the open world. Another would be to have all the pods just inside that tree, or inside the areas they are now, but to have no mobs there.

Completing the meta event and then being hit at random by a charging dinosaur while trying to open chests, go down and basicly be screwed reward wise, is something that should not happen and should be changed.

As to the op of this topic: ore drop rates should not be changed, the ammount of pods should not be changed, the veteran dinosaurs rampaging trough your chest run zerg after the event is over, should be changed.

Someone who commands dragon stand nearly every day.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

(edited by Fox.3469)

Xernth.8561

Fox said it perfectly.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Let’s hope someone is listening then ^^, but i’m confident this will be changed tough, since HoT there has been a constant improvement based on feedback, i can’t imagine this staying in.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: rrusse.7058

rrusse.7058

I sometimes cannot even get a DS map started because of the timer dictating whether or not players commit to the meta.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I got 250 crystalline ore all from pods (did not do story yet). It really didn’t take that long. Compared to some other legendary components 250 crystalline ore from pods is quite easy.

(edited by Wahaha.7938)

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I don’t have too much of an issue with the map as it is now. I’m slowly farming up my Crystalline Ore. But as the Skritt says: “Some is good but more is better”.

Perhaps when the mouth dies it could, for lore’s sake, release a blast of ley energy that infuses creatures in the map such that all creatures have a very small chance to drop Crystalline Ore. On top, and I think far more importantly, they could make the champion events give guaranteed Crystalline Ore for completion, thereby encouraging players to join together to kill them during the pod run.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Maybe raids will drop them

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: E N T R O P Y.3821

E N T R O P Y.3821

Have to agree with Fox on the Pods.
I love the DS meta chain, struggled at the start but now its a lot of fun. The Pod run afterwards is just terrible, it promotes a very selfish style of play using other players as bait for the veterans to reach the pods. This goes against the spirit of GW2 where we are glad to help another player as it benefits us both.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Your drop rate is completely unrealistic, and far from the actual droprate.

Either you are lying, or you got extremely unlucky. A full pod run results (If you are the least experienced enough) to a minimun of 30 pods. Yeah, I am not exagerating, my pod runs always goes from 30 to 35 pods.

From the 30 pods, trough all my pod runs, the worst result I had was 18 crystalline ore, out from a straight 30 pods. My best rate was 25 crystalline ore out of 32 pods.

So, going straight, playing maybe 1 DS map every another day, or 2 per day on weekends, plus running 2 Hot Story (80 ores), I got myself up to 260 ores already.

Too hard you said? Hell, I play very few per day (Since I work AND study), and got the ammount needed for a new legendary in basically 3,5 weeks after the expansion launch.

Whine as much you want, but don’t call it impossible/unreacheable/“stupidgamedesign”.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I can get past the ore drop from pods but this must be regularized and not be a solo run, disregarding others. I’d like to see it fixed from pods, let’s say 1 sure, but majority of pods should be locked behid champions that guards them and spawns/you have access to after the meta event.

This gives a sure rate of drop + enforces group play nad not selfish run and let die mentality we now have.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I am pretty sure there will be other ways to get crystalline ore in the future. Like raids or other maps etc.

Why the hell do you need 500×250 of those?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Keep in mind that these things are not supposed to be gotten instantly. E.g., you want a Maguuma Legendary perhaps? Well, what would you say is the imagined time frame of getting a Legendary weapon? A year seems likely. They don’t intend for you to just rush through it and have it in a week or two. You don’t need to make it a grind, unless you make it a grind yourself.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

There’s replayable and replayable of course.

Replayable content that’s fun isn’t the same as what’s being discussed here, I would suggest.

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

According to my calculation, you need to do it 41667 times, if you want 250 ingots 500 times, and get 3 every run.

Around 10 years, if you do DS 24/7.

Holy kitten, this is just pure sadness

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Your drop rate is completely unrealistic, and far from the actual droprate.

Either you are lying, or you got extremely unlucky. A full pod run results (If you are the least experienced enough) to a minimun of 30 pods. Yeah, I am not exagerating, my pod runs always goes from 30 to 35 pods.

From the 30 pods, trough all my pod runs, the worst result I had was 18 crystalline ore, out from a straight 30 pods. My best rate was 25 crystalline ore out of 32 pods.

So, going straight, playing maybe 1 DS map every another day, or 2 per day on weekends, plus running 2 Hot Story (80 ores), I got myself up to 260 ores already.

Too hard you said? Hell, I play very few per day (Since I work AND study), and got the ammount needed for a new legendary in basically 3,5 weeks after the expansion launch.

Whine as much you want, but don’t call it impossible/unreacheable/“stupidgamedesign”.

Would be interesting to hear the average number of pods reached rather than the extreme max.

Anything that actively discourages helping your fellow player isn’t a good thing- and being selfish and leaving people downed or using them as bait just so others can grab more loot isn’t good design in an MMO.

ZudetGambeous.9573

I can agree that the time crunch, the abundance of deadly mobs and the running around like a maniac portion of it is undesirable.

What I would like to see is all of the pods moved to the reward island with the chest. Keep the drop rate and number of pods the same, but move them to the island. This way everyone gets to the same number of pods and the same chance at the rewards.

This also frees up time to beat the champions, kill the treasure mushrooms, etc.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

@notsoperky : Actually, I did a somewhat DropRate, by givin the minimum possible achieved, and the maximum possible achieved. But well, for straight numbers, my average of ores is : 20 ores per each 30 pods, so around of 2 ores every 3.

Now about the “Let people die” and run selfish, now THATS something I can agree on. Since it is already a timed rush, I would like to suggest to have lesser mobs around the pod spawns. I for myself never die tbh, since I swap to a full defensive running build, and everytime I see someone downing, as long I can help I always do it.

Also, Since I do have a cmder tag, I always offer myself to a “Pod Train” after the meta is done, and this usually make the run to be a easy group run, just like in SW chest run.

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

Don’t see a problem, I always get around 10 , once even 17 per ds, and often after pod run I have still 5-7 minutes left

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Im getting 15-20 ore per run (opening 30+ chests). Not sure what’s wrong with OP, maybe just a bad luck. From my experience ore drop rate is around 50%

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda