one simple question about the expac

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zaanman.7150

Zaanman.7150

So I stopped playing the game about 6 months back but i have decided to start it up again however i just want to know :

Is there no flying ability in the expansion if you dont get the deluxe/ultimate edition !?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The gliding mechanic will only be applied to maps we get in HoT, regardless of which version we buy.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Zaanman.7150

Zaanman.7150

okay thanks for the reply.

Posted by: Mogget.2104

Mogget.2104

Everyone who buys HoT regardless of which tier will have access to gliding. Although as RoseofGilead said, it will only be for the new maps. I should also note that it’s gliding and not flying, meaning you will not be able to gain altitude and will only be able to go for a certain distance before you fall.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Also…the deluxe and ultimate versions come with an HoT glider skin.

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I was gliding,
Riding on the sky.
I was moving,
Grooving with the fly..

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Everyone who buys HoT regardless of which tier will have access to gliding. Although as RoseofGilead said, it will only be for the new maps. I should also note that it’s gliding and not flying, meaning you will not be able to gain altitude and will only be able to go for a certain distance before you fall.

Actually there will be certain spots with updraft where you will be able to gain altitude if your gliding skill is high enough

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The Deluxe/Ultimate edition comes with an exclusive glider skin. But that just means your glider will look different to other peoples. Everyone will be able to unlock gliding and use a glider.

(And the fact that they’ve got one extra skin planned makes me think there will be others we can buy or unlock too.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”