Officer chat ingame

Officer chat ingame

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: vriff.8251

vriff.8251

any chance of getting /officer chat? would be so much helpfull… what do you guys think?

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

any chance of getting /officer chat? would be so much helpfull… what do you guys think?

Do you mean commander chat?
Or guild officer?

With commander chat, all you need to do is join their squad and use /squad. For guild officers, there guild chat and PM.

Other then those, I am not sure what you are asking for…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If 5 or less are on, they could party up and speak to each other through party chat. Or if one has a commander tag he can tag up and invite the others to join squad and use that to speak as a group.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Officer chat ingame

vriff.8251

Or guild officer?

With commander chat, all you need to do is join their squad and use /squad. For guild officers, there guild chat and PM.

Guild officer chat visible only for them, i know there is guild chat or PM, or i can group with officers in PT or with comm.
But what if i want to do some dungeon run or join que for PvP? Im forced to PM them one by one, thats just not making any sense

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

or use skype ventrilo teamspeak mumble

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Or guild officer?

Guild officer chat visible only for them, i know there is guild chat or PM, or i can group with officers in PT or with comm.
But what if i want to do some dungeon run or join que for PvP? Im forced to PM them one by one, thats just not making any sense

Dungeons and PvP is limited to 5 man parties anyway, you could easily just party up.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Officer chat ingame

Linken.6345

Or guild officer?

Dungeons and PvP is limited to 5 man parties anyway, you could easily just party up.

My guess is he wanted to pvp or 5 man with other people then said officers

Officer chat ingame

vriff.8251

or use skype ventrilo teamspeak mumble

Oh yeah, lets remove WHOLE chat then, its useless cuz we all can use ts/mumble, right?

Or guild officer?

My guess is he wanted to pvp or 5 man with other people then said officers

+1 karma for you

Officer chat ingame

Linken.6345

Yea totaly comparing world, guild, say and emote.
To a channel for 2-10 people only, better to use a third party program to speak to your officers.

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Trying to coordinate over chat (regardless of how many options that chat box offers u) is nightmare specially in a fast passed game like this….or at least “above average”.

U want communication u pretty much need to get a program like TS/Ventrillo/Whateverillo and do it there.

Chatting is so 2000’

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Probably not gonna happen. Aside from the fact that it doesn’t happen all that often that you absolutely need to chat to all your officers at once while you PvP or run a dungeon, what would you tie this channel to? Default officer rank? So what about custom ranks?
There are so many options for chat in this game already, it should be totally possible to figure this out, and if you just create an officer guild an go talk there in private.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

^

I like the officer guild idea. That’s clever.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Officer chat ingame

Posted by: Canthros.8307

Canthros.8307

Difficulty with a guild for the guild officers is that you can’t access guild chat unless you’re repping, which may make it impractical for some uses.

what would you tie this channel to? Default officer rank? So what about custom ranks?

Presumably, you’d tie it to a new permission. I’m still pretty fuzzy on the why, though. You surely don’t need a secret clubhouse to discuss PvP or dungeoneering, but I’m not sure what use case is other than super-secret guild meetings.

In which case, if you’re already going to be asking everybody to be online at a specific time, it’s not crazy to request that everybody use some ad-hoc chat or voice comms, whether that’s Vent or TS or IRC or Skype or whatever. (That doesn’t mean it’s a bad/crazy/frivolous/whatever use case for GW2, but it may mean it doesn’t muster a high enough priority to get implemented soon.)

A generalized solution would probably be something like FFXI/FFXIV’s link shells. Which would be kinda nice for managing group chat across parties of friends without colliding with squad chat for WvW players or whatever.