Official information on Trailblazer's gear?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: tasalien.2163

tasalien.2163

Hi, I realize this is an insanely low priority request but it’s been driving me nuts since launch – could we get any official answer on the acquisition of trailblazer’s equipment?

When the new stat sets were revealed I was pumped – even if it’s never considered meta I was really looking forwards to different play styles being available in HoT, and “tanky condition dealer” is about as far from “glassy power build” as you can get, so trailblazer’s naturally stood out to me. I started googling how to get it every day, and rushed the Nuhoch line because I heard a rumor they might be in the crystalline caches. It’s now been several weeks, and while the RECIPES are in the game, the insignia/inscriptions appear to not be, making this gear virtually impossible to acquire.

This seems bizzare, as to my knowledge every other new stat inscription can be found or bought from a vendor, which means trailblazer’s was either accidentally left out, or is arbitrarily withheld for some reason. I’ve personally been holding off even playing my Reaper in the expansion until I get this gear, so I guess what I’m hoping to find is that this is either:
a.) A bug – The insignia is meant to be in a shop but was accidentally left out, and will be put back in
b.) Intentionally withheld – Trailblazer’s will be appearing at some point (Raids, living story), so I at least know to stop looking until that comes out, or
c.) Hidden in the game – It is possible I suppose that there is some secret way to acquire this that no one has figured out yet. If this is the case I’m not asking to be told how to do it, just to confirm that it is possible, and not one of the previous cases.

Anyway, like I said, I know this is a tiny thing to fuss about, but it’s something I was really looking forward to and that excitement has slowly dwindled to frustration. Any official information would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. – I’ve seen this question appear on Reddit or these forums several times, often with the same inaccurate replies, so I’d like to share all Trailblazer information that I’m aware of:

-RECIPES drop from crystalline caches in Tangled Depths – I’ve only found weapon recipies of exotic and ascended quality, but these and armor can be bought and sold on the TP. However these are useless without…

-Insignia’s/Inscriptions: CANNOT be bought from vendors in the jungle. They cannot be bought or sold on the TP – if you right click them from the recipe, there is no “buy more on the trading post” option. It’s possible they can be salvaged from appropriate gear, but if we had the gear we wouldn’t need these in the first place.

-Specific Gear: Once in story mode you get to select one piece of exotic trailblazer’s gear per character. Additionally I’ve been told the reaper’s hood has these stats. This is what really implies to me that trailblazer’s gear is meant to be in the game – why give two pieces of gear now if we can’t easily access the rest until later?

-Chak Weapons: Chak weapons, which can be bought from the Nuhoch vendors, does have the trailblazer’s stat’s… but is only weapons, and is only rare, not exotic.

Let me know if I missed anything – if it does turn out these are actually hidden in the game somewhere, it would be nice to have one thread that has all of the currently known information.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Have you tried salvaging exotic the Trailblazer weapons/armour from the story?

I think there was a rule that if an insignia can’t be crafted, it can be acquired through salvaging.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

Posted by: MTF.1284

MTF.1284

I reported this about 2 weeks ago already. Basically the idea is that each map has 1-3 new stats combos you can get and buy off the merchants. What happened with trailblazer is that they accidentally added Wanderer’s stats to the nuhoch merchant instead of trailblazers. And currently Wanderer’s can be bought from both nuhoch merchant and Dragon’s Stand merchant.

Act 3 is obviously meant to be the place to get your trailblazer gear. You get the recipes from the caches, chak weapons as well has the trailblazer stats. They just made an error…
It is similar to Agate orbs having marauder stat combos, but are used for commander’s gear and Ebony orbs having commander stats, but are used for Marauder’s gear. Funny thing is that when you make a Exquisite Agate orb, it suddenly changes stats from marauder to commander.

While it is incredibly frustrating how a very minor error that you can fix in about 20 seconds, still exists in game. Anet’s mentality is to launch now a bigger fix patch instead of 3 small ones every day, most likely we’ll have to wait until Raid patch.

And what comes down to salvaging, what Eponet is saying is true in a sense that you’re supposed to get non-craftable insignias through salvaging. BUT it doesn’t apply in this case as IT IS craftable, or it’s supposed to be really.