Oh C' mon Anet

Oh C' mon Anet

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

This is a little rant saying "Really Anet? Really?! Ahem, allow me to explain. Shortly after the announcement of HOT the website allow people to participate in any future closed beta. I gladly signed up hoping I would get a key. Now it seems like they are going the RNG route again. My schedule is limited right now so I only have time to play in short bursts. (Military duties, yay >. <) So what happened to the beta keys?! Rant over.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Nothing wrong with a diversified way of getting into it.

It’s not like signing up and hoping for an invite isn’t RNG.

Oh C' mon Anet

CodeHavoc.7926

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/claim-your-spot-in-the-next-heart-of-thorns-closed-beta/

But going into the world looking for rare portals is.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/claim-your-spot-in-the-next-heart-of-thorns-closed-beta/

You are assuming that is the only way to get into beta. It won’t be. It’s an option. Instead of complaining, why don’t you participate and increase your chances?

Oh C' mon Anet

CodeHavoc.7926

You are assuming that is the only way to get into beta. It won’t be. It’s an option. Instead of complaining, why don’t you participate and increase your chances?

If you didnt read my earlier post, I did say my time is currently limited, providing short moments where I can actually play.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

That’s what I said, and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Makes perfect sense to me. They want current players who are currently playing the game to have more access to chances at the betas. I rather like the idea.

They get flooded with negative feed back from those who do not or no longer play the game, because they can still post on the forums. This negatively effects those who actually play. I think this is a good system that requires current game participation in order to access the beta and offer their feedback.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: SkabSavage.8015

SkabSavage.8015

I did say my time is currently limited

I spent 6 years in the military with an above average amount of work each day. I played more video games while on active duty than I have had time for since. Sorry that your lifestyle doesn’t revolve around GW2, but unfortunately for you, it isn’t Anet’s responsibility to design a game that specifically benefits you. Like Ralanost said, play more and increase your chances of a beta invite, and do pushups for being a whiny kitten.

Dethsyk
Blackgate

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

SIlverwastes or Bust.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

You just need 150% MF or more. Silverwastes awards 200% right from the get go, and considering 150% or more MF is equivalent to 1 common rare material in every 20 kills (my personal testing in orr) and a rare weapon 1 in every 100-200 kills, you can really get one of these pretty fast.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

Srsly, it’s only a beta. Of an expansion. I don’t get how ppl are almost as hyped as for an original GW2, when it was our first contact with the game. Don’t you really want to have more unique experience after release?

It is only a beta. All info is in blogposts, we don’t have to play before HoT comes out.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

I wont be grinding them area’s as I find no enjoyment in doing so and think its a terrible idea to force players to play certain content they may not enjoy in order to gain access to the beta.

I’ll carry on playing in the evenings doing stuff I enjoy and hope I get an email giving me access

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

You just need 150% MF or more. Silverwastes awards 200% right from the get go, and considering 150% or more MF is equivalent to 1 common rare material in every 20 kills (my personal testing in orr) and a rare weapon 1 in every 100-200 kills, you can really get one of these pretty fast.

You don’t know that at all.

You don’t know what the drop-rate on these portal stones will be at all.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Weyrd.2794

Weyrd.2794

Everyone needs to remember that betas, especially closed betas, are meant to test a build for bugs or other issues. To do this successfully, during the short window of time that betas allow, you need a large base of players playing for a prolonged amount of time. By basically guaranteeing that the people who are free to spend a lot of time playing the game have a spot in the beta, they are improving their chances of finding gameplay and enjoyment impacting bugs before launch.

The OP said they have limited time to play, meaning they are not the best person to test this. I believe the OP and many who have made similar posts are simply wanting to use the closed beta to get a glimpse of the expansion before launch. We all would like that chance, but in my opinion that is what an OPEN beta is for (that and stress testing).

I will not have time to “grind out” an invite either, but I am glad they are conducting it this way as it will increase the likelihood that at launch the expansion is fairly bug free.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

better believe i will grind the hell out of the wastes… i didnt get my stress test invite and my salt levels are as high as it can get… may that salt petrify every darn mob in the wastes…

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Leonhardt.8164

Leonhardt.8164

i love silverwates so ill be grinding for this tomorrow

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

ArenaNet has neither denied, nor confirmed, that player invitations will be drawn from the email pool for the next Closed Beta test.

Although, the Knowledge Base states that all Closed Beta tests will draw players from that pool, if you are familiar with the Knowledge Base, it is often found to be slow on the update-front.

Thus, you may want to join the Maguuma Wastes maps, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

ArenaNet has neither denied, nor confirmed, that player invitations will be drawn from the email pool for the next Closed Beta test.

They haven’t but did say when signing up for the news letter “By opting in to receive email from us, you’re opting in to any potential beta invites.” which would include this beta

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Again, you may want to be safe, rather than sorry.

Of course, it is up to you. Good luck.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

I did say my time is currently limited

I spent 6 years in the military with an above average amount of work each day. I played more video games while on active duty than I have had time for since. Sorry that your lifestyle doesn’t revolve around GW2, but unfortunately for you, it isn’t Anet’s responsibility to design a game that specifically benefits you. Like Ralanost said, play more and increase your chances of a beta invite, and do pushups for being a whiny kitten.

If your lifestyle revolves around a video game, you are doing something wrong.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a beta event. Not everyone will be playing it. I like the idea that they are offering different avenues to participation. Last time it was a random selection from people signed up for their newsletter; this time, it’s random from active players. Perhaps next time it will be people with “Code” or “Havoc” in their screen names.

Besides that, you can imagine that they would prefer invites go out to people who have more than a limited amount of time to play. They’ll want people who will give feedback or try an event three different ways or do something unusual, and folks in a rush aren’t likely to manage any of those things.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

One big advantage of it for ANet is that every one who gets a portal is an active player. Not like the stress test invite that went out to everyone that ever signed up for the newsletter and might have quit playing 2 years ago yet still said they wanted to do the stress test.

Sux for those who can’t make it, but the betas are for ANet’s benefit, not the player’s

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

One big advantage of it for ANet is that every one who gets a portal is an active player. Not like the stress test invite that went out to everyone that ever signed up for the newsletter and might have quit playing 2 years ago yet still said they wanted to do the stress test.

Sux for those who can’t make it, but the betas are for ANet’s benefit, not the player’s

Of course, ANet requires players in order for them to derive any benefit at all.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

This is a little rant saying "Really Anet? Really?! Ahem, allow me to explain. Shortly after the announcement of HOT the website allow people to participate in any future closed beta. I gladly signed up hoping I would get a key. Now it seems like they are going the RNG route again. My schedule is limited right now so I only have time to play in short bursts. (Military duties, yay >. <) So what happened to the beta keys?! Rant over.

Its RNG to begin with with the drawing….

How can you say they are going down the RNG path now when throwing your name in with a bunch of others and them RANDOMLY selecting a name isn’t already RNG?

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Looks like a marketing ploy to build the HoT hype. I might head out to drytop/silverwastes if I can be bothered.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

Remember when GW2 said they were going to be an MMO without grinding? Seems like they are going in a new old direction.

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

It’s RNG, you might get the portal on your first drop.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Oh C' mon Anet

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Remember when GW2 said they were going to be an MMO without grinding? Seems like they are going in a new old direction.

That is not grinding.

That is “choosing to grind”. There is a difference. Almost anything in this game that anyone grinds for is unnecessary.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c