Okay arena net, i'll re-roll a warrior.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

I guess they’ve been trying to tell everyone all along that the only really viable class was the warrior. All others should bow before it and behold it’s magnificent.

I always played and enjoyed a necro, but seeing the PoI on the berserk spec seemed to cement the issue. From the point of view of a reaper i can’t see any way to counter that when i myself need to be in mele range. When asked about how to counter it, the guy seemed to completely ignore the question and instead just talked about how awesome it is for a few minutes, before Robert tentatively offered “they’re not good at range” as though you couldn’t just pick up a rifle or longbow or take any one of the variety of ranged tools warriors have at their disposal.
They can knock back, create a mobile fire field, and combo with themselves for days. Everything seems to stun, and as though that weren’t enough almost everything applies burning, the highest damaging condition in the game.

I’d like to play my necro, but i fear that if i did i’d spend the whole match CCed bleeding and on fire.
Fear them you say? Cc breaker on a 10 second CD
Burst them you say? mace stun+headbutt+cc break+wild strike+rousing resilience+body blow(trait)cull the weak(trait) distracting strikes(trait)
Run away, you say? rifle cripple, or lb imob, or sword leap, or hammer F1 or lb F1

The only chance i can see against a zerker warrior is popping lich form and hoping they can’t burst me faster than i can burst them. That much CC in one place isn’t healthy for the game and all any warrior who’s even moderately competent has got to do is wait, take distracting strikes, and interrupt you. Hell they don’t even need distracting strikes because one interrupt in the right place is all it takes to change the tide of a fight.

So, i guess if it really goes live like that i’ll have to abandon my necro to play a warrior for however long i still find this game fun after that point.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, if you stayed for the PvP 101 portion, Rubi asked Hugh how to counter the Berserker, and he spent some time discussing the issue.

No idea if it is helpful, as I’m not into that kind of thing.

Good luck.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Well, if you stayed for the PvP 101 portion, Rubi asked Hugh how to counter the Berserker, and he spent some time discussing the issue.

No idea if it is helpful, as I’m not into that kind of thing.

Good luck.

It’s not really.. . .

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Zerker seems strong, I’ll give it that, but a lot of those things will probably be toned down, and by how much we don’t know. Just have to wait until we get our hands on it and figure out how to break that thing inside and out. in the meantime I look forward to fighting them as reaper, just hope they don’t turn tail and run in WvW right when their stances run out, never any fun when that happens.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Remember when Shiro was revealed on POI and people kitten ed how it looked overpowered and what not but when you actually beta tested it was actually quite weak compared to other classes and needed a buff..same with this I assume..it may look strong..but is it? If you want broken I am going to point at mesmer’s elite.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve yet to see a warrior solo anything better than a guardian or ranger. And a good necromancer can decimate any warrior in PvP. But your call. Hope you find warrior to your liking.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I’ve yet to see a warrior solo anything better than a guardian or ranger. And a good necromancer can decimate any warrior in PvP. But your call. Hope you find warrior to your liking.

I didnt know rangers could solo arah or high lvl fractals as well as warrriors.
I wonder why there are more solo warriors advertising arah runs for sale…

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I didnt know rangers could solo arah or high lvl fractals as well as warrriors.
I wonder why there are more solo warriors advertising arah runs for sale…

Nice off you to bring in pve in a pvp thread mate not contributing to the topic at all tho

Edit
If you read the OP s/he talks about countering the warriors elite spec with the necromancer and how they cant think of a way thats what ardenwolfe reply to and what you then country reply to.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I like the overall theme of Berserker, and I like some of the skills. It did preview as a bit strong and I do think the numbers for at least some of the skills are going to require some tweaking, but that’s what beta weekends are for – to help bring those numbers into line with existing content/skills/etc. Hopefully I get a chance to actually participate in the next beta so I can check it out (even though warrior is not my main, by a long shot lol).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It was so predictable that Tempest would come horribly toned down, and Berserker toned up. It speaks much about balance (or the lack thereof).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Holy… just looked at the skills and.. wow. You know, i’ve been worried about how a-net didn’t buff their favorite class as of late (and almost thought they changed it), but now i know why :P

Hell, with that skillset the Warrior is going to be an unstoppable Murdering Machine – right now Warrior-Weaponsets have more heavy hitting/dangerous skills to doge than players can dodge, (which means that you either have to play something pretty overpowered, or try kite that CC-imprevious monstrosity, or hope for him to mess up multiple times – which happens quite often, fortunately. Seriously, stop using Eviscerate from 600 range!), but when those changes hit, it’s going to be even more.

My favorite: 2 Second Taunt (knowing a-net, this will ignore active Defenses like attack-based Evades and Blocks just as the Ranger one) with 6 Stacks bleeding for 13½ seconds base. I always liked how Warrior Condidurations were absurdly high (don’t forget that they get +33% duration from a Minor Trait as well, if they chose the Arms Line) compared to the frequency with which they can apply them, and i’am “happy” to see that a-net attempts to keep it that way…

Well, seems like i actually have to use the new overbuffed Traits of my mainclass that i’ve been avoiding so far, once the next beta-Weekend arrives. It may be boring with them, but i guess it’s still better than running away screaming like a little girl whenever i encounter a Warrior 2.0 rolling his face over the Keyboard

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Remember when Shiro was revealed on POI and people kitten ed how it looked overpowered and what not but when you actually beta tested it was actually quite weak compared to other classes and needed a buff..same with this I assume..it may look strong..but is it? If you want broken I am going to point at mesmer’s elite.

The same reaper they overdid with trying to keep it in line, base mesmer was stronger than others so obviously chrono wasn’t going to be UP.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’d like to play my necro, but i fear that if i did i’d spend the whole match CCed bleeding and on fire.
Fear them you say? Cc breaker on a 10 second CD
Burst them you say? mace stun+headbutt+cc break+wild strike+rousing resilience+body blow(trait)cull the weak(trait) distracting strikes(trait)
Run away, you say? rifle cripple, or lb imob, or sword leap, or hammer F1 or lb F1

Good luck surviving my blind spam thief. Oh, you used Zerk stance? Let me stealth away while you try to find me.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I have 2 level 80’s of each class, except warrior. I have 3 warriors. I have all these toons so I can have diverse builds w/o much time wasted. Whenever I am too tired to play a class that requires a lot of skill and timing, I just hop on one of my warriors for some nice easy-mode relaxation. The berserker will make this even easier. GG A-net!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I have 2 level 80’s of each class, except warrior. I have 3 warriors. I have all these toons so I can have diverse builds w/o much time wasted. Whenever I am too tired to play a class that requires a lot of skill and timing, I just hop on one of my warriors for some nice easy-mode relaxation. The berserker will make this even easier. GG A-net!

Play Mesmers, Ele, and rangers.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Are you kidding me? Any good warrior kills me in PvP. They just CC me to death with their god kitten hammer. This will only be worse with this new specialization.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Well, I can only speak for myself in the current game, not the beta, but I’ve never had any issue with any warrior as a ranger. Ever. My only issues, as far as classes, are healing guardians and those blood-sucking, life stacking necromancers.

But your mileage may vary, I suppose.

Edit: I’ll admit, from the little I saw on the warrior specialization today, they do look quite overpowered. Gonna guess a nerf bomb is coming before that mess goes live.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

SkiTz.4590

Are you kidding me? Any good warrior kills me in PvP. They just CC me to death with their god kitten hammer. This will only be worse with this new specialization.

stability/stunbreak…

those hammer CC’s have very EASY tells (their animations are obvious)

Save your dodges. for when they start their CC rotation. Apply pressure to force them into popping their stances. Auto attack / kite away (don’t blow your burst / condi bomb rotation) while they are in their stances. Once stances are down. Continue your pressure rotation. Win.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You’ve seen them test it agains golems, everything looks OP against golems.
They need to showcase these things in actual gameplay instead of showing of against immobile objects.

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

stability/stunbreak…

Save your dodges. for when they start their CC rotation. Apply pressure to force them into popping their stances. Auto attack / kite away (don’t blow your burst / condi bomb rotation) while they are in their stances. Once stances are down. Continue your pressure rotation. Win.

Sign me up for base Necro stability pls.

Alright meow, where were we?

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I’m just imagining a berserker geared for condi dmg and tanky with dire gear….. it’s gonna be scary

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Never really considered warrior in that light.

Others of my characters outperform my warrior in different ways (including damage)

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

@runeblade.7514
Good for you, i’ll sit there while you’re not doing damage getting heals from my signet and capping the point. Also cleansing ire is great for getting those pesky blinds off seeing as how it cleanses before your f1 lands. Also you seem not to understand that i could be in berserk stance every 12 seconds with a full bar of adrenaline and the GM trait that taunts and bleeds will hit you even if you’re in stealth as long as you’re in range.

@SkiTz.4590
I love that you think a one second cast time in any way easy to evade. Even aside from that, you use the staggering blow first, then the f1, and then the hammer 5 and because of berserker spec they’ve got a leap that gives them adrenaline, another knockback, another stun, and a cc break on a 10 second CD.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A one second cast is like an eternity in active/reactive game play.

SkiTz.4590

@runeblade.7514
Good for you, i’ll sit there while you’re not doing damage getting heals from my signet and capping the point. Also cleansing ire is great for getting those pesky blinds off seeing as how it cleanses before your f1 lands. Also you seem not to understand that i could be in berserk stance every 12 seconds with a full bar of adrenaline and the GM trait that taunts and bleeds will hit you even if you’re in stealth as long as you’re in range.

@SkiTz.4590
I love that you think a one second cast time in any way easy to evade. Even aside from that, you use the staggering blow first, then the f1, and then the hammer 5 and because of berserker spec they’ve got a leap that gives them adrenaline, another knockback, another stun, and a cc break on a 10 second CD.

easier said on paper than actually done…
The way you describe it, its not possible for anyone to beat warrior than..

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

The way I see it, if you’re a berserker (or any class really) who insists on focusing on interrupts and good CQC, you are now intentionally designing your build to counter reapers. That’s the reality of a competitive game with a big emphasis on RPG mechanics, a sort of soft version of rock paper scissors.

If you want to survive the berserker, put some range in your build, stick to base necro, or equip blighter’s boon and buy a guardian slave (or form a team if you’re the reasonable type).

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

stability/stunbreak…

Except then it comes the mindless passive stance procs, berserker “can’t die” trait, etc etc

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

See this is why Anet undertones the Elite Specialization in their first beta. The Warrior Elite Specialization hasnt been played yet and people already calling for nerfs. Then when it comes out and people try it, they find out its pretty weak….

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

See this is why Anet undertones the Elite Specialization in their first beta. The Warrior Elite Specialization hasnt been played yet and people already calling for nerfs. Then when it comes out and people try it, they find out its pretty weak….

I’m calling it right now: The ranger spec reveal will be super underwhelming, everyone will laugh at how weak it looks. Then when people try it, it will be even weaker than they expected.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

its all a ploy to make players buy more character slots in accordance to the flavor of the month

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

As great as berserker is, resistance and condi transfer will crush it. Besides that, I’m all on the zerker hype train

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

eh just play whichever profession you enjoy the most tbh

I’ve never enjoyed playing warrior and this new elite spec looks the opposite of exciting to me so I won’t play it

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m calling it right now: The ranger spec reveal will be super underwhelming, everyone will laugh at how weak it looks. Then when people try it, it will be even weaker than they expected.

Yeah, I’m hoping you’re wrong, but I get the feeling you’re not. Hopefully, they’re buffing it, if that’s the case compared to other specializations, and that’s why it’s yet to be revealed.

Guess we’ll see.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)