One legendary armor piece per raid wing.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Not sure if it’s something that was suggested (or is this how it will actually function and I’m just entirely oblivious?), but after hearing some discussion about how an entire set of armor may be a bit too easy to get, given that the entire sets difficulty is comparable to a generation 1 legendary weapon, here is my proposal.

Or rather, the raid item needed to craft it.

For example, when wing 1 comes out, it has an item – let’s say it’s the item required to complete the legendary helmet. When wing 2 comes out, the gloves. Etc, etc.

In my opinion this could simulate a form of progression for people building a legendary armor set. There would be an additional excitement for a new raid wing release, as well, as it would lead to the availability of the next piece.
After all 6 wings are released, a player will be able to complete a full set – this will also show that the player has participated in every wing.

I’m tired so this probably wasn’t worded perfectly, but it’s a simple proposal.

I wonder if this is what they’ll end up doing anyway. Ideas?

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It was my understanding that this was already how it was set up. Each boss only drops a specific piece of the armor. You will need to beat all the bosses to get all the different pieces.

New raids in the future would drop new legendary skins.

We shall know for sure on Friday/Saturday, but i’m fairly certain this is how it works already. You won’t just be able to farm the first boss over and over for your legendary armor.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I’d love to see an official link for the armor pieces themselves dropping. That just doesn’t seem like ArenaNet’s M.O. I would think we’d get a recipe drop and then be able to spend a ton of time gathering stuff to craft it. Legendary items have never been drops. It’d be an interesting change indeed.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’d love to see an official link for the armor pieces themselves dropping. That just doesn’t seem like ArenaNet’s M.O. I would think we’d get a recipe drop and then be able to spend a ton of time gathering stuff to craft it. Legendary items have never been drops. It’d be an interesting change indeed.

When we talk about legendary armor, we are talking about the precursors, not the final items. Only the armor precursors drop in raids. There are a couple key points about what actually drops:

1. The actual precursor- This is the worst possible output, as it means you could loot 50 precursor boots and never get any glove precursors.

2. A currency to exchange- This is better as it avoids the situation above, but it opens up a new problem with people farming the first boss over and over, to get the full set even if they can’t clear the raids.

3. A token to exchange- This is how most MMO’s do it and hopefully how GW2 does it as well. You get a “boot or glove token” as a drop which can be exchanged for either a boot or a glove precursor. However it can not be exchanged for a chest precursor, as the “leg and chest token” only drops for a different wing of the raid that is much further along (probably the final boss).

Solution 3 solves most of the problems and helps keep a logical progression. I.E. bosses 1 and 2 drop glove/boot precursor tokens. Bosses 3 and 4 drop shoulder and helm precursors and bosses 5 and 6 drop leg/chest precursors.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The original reveal already hinted at how it’ll be done:

Secondly, raids will introduce the very first ever set of legendary armor.

Only the bravest of heroes will be able to collect and craft these legendary threads.

I wouldn’t be surprised if ends up using the ascended recipes with added legendary components and probably the stuff from ascended salvaging. Specific pieces will most likely be locked behind specific bosses. Expect it to take a year to get a full set, in the same way ascended was originally rolled out.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I hope that they require ascended pieces to get legendary. Would be kind of fun to have to get the components upgrade them and using ascended armor piece to make my legendary. Cause if that doesn’t happen I’m doubting I will care for legendary armor as I’d have to be throwing away all the ascended armor I have now.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Until I see what it looks like, I’m not going to care, and if it takes longer than an hour to complete, once we all know what we are doing, I’ll really not care. Button pressing for an hour to kill one thing is not my idea of a good time, once we know how to kill it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Until I see what it looks like, I’m not going to care, and if it takes longer than an hour to complete, once we all know what we are doing, I’ll really not care. Button pressing for an hour to kill one thing is not my idea of a good time, once we know how to kill it.

Thank you for your input.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.