Online Gaming pricing then and now! UPDATED!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rhanoa.3960

Rhanoa.3960

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr Sub $14.99 $539.64

1st Xpac TBC $39.99 + $19.99 Base Game

Blizzard’s marketing 2007. Many of would rather go back here than be down there.

GW2 $69.99

3yr Sub $0.00

Cash Shop (Optional)

1st Xpac Hot $49.99 + Free Base Game

Anet’s marketing 2015. Rather than being here you would rather be up there.
Time to empty your wallets or move on to your next game!

2014 Release
Warlords of Draenor______$49.99
Requires World of Warcraft__$19.99
Subscription______________$14.99
Cash Shop (Optional)
2015 Release
Heart of Thorns______$49.99
Requires Guild Wars 2___$0.00
Subscription__________$0.00
Cash Shop (Optional)

Talk about the generosity only to be loathed by so much ungratefulness.

I am sure ANet was anticipating the obvious outcry Blizzard had when they announced their plan.

MMORPG’s are not easy, you’re just too PRO!!!

(edited by Rhanoa.3960)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Do you mean “unite”?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Or… I could just keep playing the base game?

No moving on required.

AND I can buy another game instead of the expansion.

The question I have to ask, is “Are Elite specializations, Three new maps, Guild Halls and ‘Challenging group content’ a better use of my $50 than other games?”

Since I cannot judge what I have not yet seen, everything I have seen so far is cool, but not yet worth $50.

I still get base specializations, a new Pvp mode, a new guild system (Even without the hall) and new WvW maps to play WITHOUT spending an additional cent. Which is a pretty good deal.

Then I can instead spend that $50 on The Witcher 3, Or Splatoon, or Fallout 4, or Persona 5, or… a lot of other cool looking games.

Anet needs to step up their game to attain my spending money.

Rhanoa.3960

They did by letting you have BETA access.

Afterwards if you are not happy they have a been pretty generous by given folks refunds even after launch.

But I like how you only quoted one part of my statement and ignoring everything else. Ignoring the justification of $50 Xpac.
Look at what you paid for and what you received over 3yrs. Anet has been pretty fair.

All the games you listed are not MMOs.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

You spent $0 supporting GW2 in the past three years and you’re calling people who don’t like the expansion price penny pinchers?

What does that make you? Queen Scrooge Supreme?

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

deal is a deal… not matter what the monthly fee is.
when you buy WoW you already know will have monthly fees.

the point is GW2 firstly telling us need core for Expansion. now they telling us had been included.

think about those player bought the game for the past 3 month… what are they thinking now?

Betray is not forgiveness

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Afterwards if you are not happy they have a been pretty generous by given folks refunds even after launch.

But I like how you only quoted one part of my statement and ignoring everything else. Ignoring the justification of $50 Xpac.
Look at what you paid for and what you received over 3yrs. Anet has been pretty fair.

So what if all the games I listed are not MMOs?

I’m a gamer. I don’t only play MMOs.

I would NEVER play WoW with a subscription, because it is too expensive, and too time consuming to allow me to also play other games that I like.

You compare GW2 to WoW saying it’s a much better value. while WoW is completely irrelevant to me so I don’t care.

I’m comparing GW2 to those other games, and right now the other games are a better value to me than the expansion. If you only play MMOs, those games are likely as irrelevant to you as WoW is to me.

I weighed in with my own personal opinion and you’re projecting other people’s opinions onto mine, which is quite unfair for someone accusing me of “not reading”

I’m not a long-time veteran. I have not played Gw2 for three years, I’ve only been playing it for 8 months, so I haven’t gotten three years of value out of it yet. I had to buy the first few chapters of the season 2 to complete it. Even counting that, the base game was a great value proposition for the price, even added a couple cash shop skins to that. All I’m saying is the expansion is not yet worth it to me based on what I’ve seen so far. That may change after more reveals. But there’ still plenty for me to play in the base game, so I can wait for a price drop or better deal on the xpac.

Beta access is not enticing enough to me to drop $50 sight unseen.

(edited by Arioso.8519)

Rhanoa.3960

/facepalm

Really?
Ask for a refund?

ANet already said they would help anyone out who just bought the core game and would like to make the change to a HoT pre-purchase.

So since price for GW2 base game dropped to $29.99, $10.00, and now $0 I should ask for my money back too?

Deal is a deal right?

Rhanoa.3960

So what if all the games I listed are not MMOs.

I’m a gamer. I don’t only play MMOs.

I would NEVER play WoW with a subscription, because it is too expensive, and too time consuming to allow me to play other games that I like.

You compare GW2 to WoW saying it’s a much better value. while WoW is completely irrelevant to me so I don’t care.

I’m comparing GW2 to other games, and right now the other games are a better value to me than the expansion. If you only play MMOs, those games are likely as irrelevant to you as WoW is to me.

I weighed in with my own personal opinion and you’re projecting other people’s opinions onto mine.

I’m not a long-time veteran. I have not played Gw2 for three years, I’ve only been playing it for 8 months. I had to buy the first few chapters of the season 2 to complete it. Even counting that, the base game was a great value proposition for the price. All I’m saying is the expansion is not yet worth it to me based on what I’ve seen so far. That may change after more reveals. But there’ still plenty for me to play in the base game, so I can wait for a price drop or better deal on the xpac.

Beta access is not enticing enough to me to drop $50 sight unseen.

I played since BETA, 7 level 80’s I do not make excuses as a Veteran player.

Gw2 and WoW are in fact MMORPGs with 2 completely different business and marketing models.

You can wait for the price to drop or you can stop being lazy and FARM gold then convert it into gems.

You want me to continue holding your hand?

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

In 3 years you never bought gems? Yikes. That’s some first class penny pinching.

Rhanoa.3960

You spent $0 supporting GW2 in the past three years and you’re calling people who don’t like the expansion price penny pinchers?

You mean purchasing gems through Trading Post?

That’s an optional feature it wasn’t required or mandatory. Anet didn’t force you to purchase anything.

Rhanoa.3960

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

In 3 years you never bought gems? Yikes. That’s some first class penny pinching.

FARMING gold is hard right? Playing the game as intended is hard right?
People purchase Gems or they FARMED gold to exchange. Not my fault you’re not as clever.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

People purchase Gems or they FARMED gold to exchange. Not my fault you’re not as clever.

If all people were as “clever” as you, the game would be dead.

Rhanoa.3960

I never said I never purchased gems. I pointed out as it is OPTIONAL feature as is the Currency Exchange.

RabbitUp.8294

I never said I never purchased gems. I pointed out as it is OPTIONAL feature as is the Currency Exchange.

Being optional means nothing. Someone pays for the content one way or the other.

The issue at hand is a new product, though. And it’s a product all need to buy for the same price, but it offers more stuff to certain people, namely the people that had done absolutely nothing for the game.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Three new maps

Where is this stated?

I’ve seen that maps will have “3 distinct biomes”, but never an ArenaNet statement on how many new maps there will be.

Rhanoa.3960

Being optional means nothing. Someone pays for the content one way or the other.

The issue at hand is a new product, though. And it’s a product all need to buy for the same price, but it offers more stuff to certain people, namely the people that had done absolutely nothing for the game.

It’s complimentary to the product that they are selling.

Do you go to McDonalds demand that they give you a discount on your Big Mac because you do not want lettuces and tomatoes on it too? demand they give you something exchange?

Posted by: Osuritta.6428

Osuritta.6428

Whilst everyone is at each others’ throats here, I want to say that the OP’s call to Penny Pinchers International for me was more an expression to rally everyone who thinks about how they subscribe and to whom. I certainly do not see it as an insult to people who feel they are getting the short end of the stick. Calm down, this is being blown in thw wrong direction guys. The HoT fiasco will be in the 2017 handbook on BAD MARKETING STRATEGIES….

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

That’s an optional feature it wasn’t required or mandatory. Anet didn’t force you to purchase anything.

Yes an Optional feature that is needed for the game to sustain. Honestly “Vet” Players that never bought Gems w/ Real Money should not be calling other people Penny Pinchers when they themselves did nothing to help the game.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

/facepalm

ANet already said they would help anyone out who just bought the core game and would like to make the change to a HoT pre-purchase.

Actually….. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a95r8/to_those_who_said_anet_will_support_people_who/

Apparently not. You get a refund and lose your account / progress.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

1st Xpac TBC $49.99 + $29.99 Base Game

Blizzard’s marketing 2007. Many of would rather go back here than be down there.

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

To me it have been like this:

GW2 €74.99

3yr €6000.00

1st Xpac Hot €44.99 + Free Base Game

So I should have been gone to WoW, it would have been cheaper for me.

Or maybe I just have finance your gaming too while you have farm gold and not support Anet at all. Right?

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Can we get the mods merge all the empl…..err Pro HoT threads together now?

It’s only fair right

RabbitUp.8294

It’s not, as they are not selling that product anymore. HoT is all they sell now.

Do you go to McDonalds demand that they give you a discount on your Big Mac because you do not want lettuces and tomatoes on it too? demand they give you something exchange?

They are not willing to offer me the lettuce and tomato slices in the first place. They just told me that I did my groceries yesterday, so I won’t be needing the added ingredients. But, of course, they still charge me full price.

You don’t get a code for a core GW2 if you already have it. You only get HoT and nothing else, while newcomers get both the core game and the expansion.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Rhanoa.3960

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

To me it have been like this:

GW2 €74.99

3yr €6000.00

1st Xpac Hot €44.99 + Free Base Game

So I should have been gone to WoW, it would have been cheaper for me.

Or maybe I just have finance your gaming too while you have farm gold and not support Anet at all. Right?

let me help you and Moon out!

Posted by: JobHand.8506

JobHand.8506

Hey guess what this isn’t WoW so lets not compare their price model. What we should hold it against is the value we got from the old Guild Wars games. They were expansions but basically stand alone games that were priced the same as this expansion. The only problem is this expansion in terms of content is pretty light at least everything they’ve revealed and is no where near a stand alone game. On top of that they don’t even have the decency to give you a god kitten ed character slot in the standard version. To me that’s extremely stingy. In the old games on top of more content you also got extra character slots. They were not used to fluff up a “deluxe” version. To patch things up they need to be more clear as to what content is being added as well as give an extra character slot to all versions.

As a side note many buy to play and free to play games with micro transactions actually do far better than most subscription based games. Because many people end up spending around the same or more a year on them.

Pandaman.4758

Missing the point.

It’s optional for you, but it’s required for the continued operation of GW2. Without people spending real money to buy gems GW2 would have closed shop months after launching. If you never bought gems with real money then you’re a penny pincher as well, but to your credit you’re a penny pincher who recognizes you can’t complain about the expansion’s price.

That’s not everyone though, therefore your argument only applies to a subset of the community. Unless you have access to everyone’s spending habits, it’s a rather unfair argument to throw around so broadly.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Three new maps

Where is this stated?

I’ve seen that maps will have “3 distinct biomes”, but never an ArenaNet statement on how many new maps there will be.

They did state somewhere that it is in fact, more than 1 map.

Which means…

drumroll

2 maps. 3 at best.

Rhanoa.3960

It’s not, as they are not selling that product anymore. HoT is all they sell now.

They are not willing to offer me the lettuce and tomato slices in the first place. They just told me that I did my groceries yesterday, so I won’t be needing the added ingredients. But, of course, they still charge me full price.

You don’t get a code for a core GW2 if you already have it. You only get HoT and nothing else, while newcomers get both the core game and the expansion.

Really Rabbit?

com·pli·men·ta·ry

given or supplied free of charge.

Rhanoa.3960

Missing the point.

It’s optional for you, but it’s required for the continued operation of GW2. Without people spending real money to buy gems GW2 would have closed shop months after launching. If you never bought gems with real money then you’re a penny pincher as well, but to your credit you’re a penny pincher who recognizes you can’t complain about the expansion’s price.

That’s not everyone though.

And $49.99 is no different

Again, I never said I never purchased gems. I pointed out as it is OPTIONAL feature as is the Currency Exchange.

Posted by: Baconplease.1657

Baconplease.1657

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

Hahaha

Smh

Rhanoa.3960

Hey guess what this isn’t WoW so lets not compare their price model. What we should hold it against is the value we got from the old Guild Wars games. They were expansions but basically stand alone games that were priced the same as this expansion. The only problem is this expansion in terms of content is pretty light at least everything they’ve revealed and is no where near a stand alone game. On top of that they don’t even have the decency to give you a god kitten ed character slot in the standard version. To me that’s extremely stingy. In the old games on top of more content you also got extra character slots. They were not used to fluff up a “deluxe” version. To patch things up they need to be more clear as to what content is being added as well as give an extra character slot to all versions.

As a side note many buy to play and free to play games with micro transactions actually do far better than most subscription based games. Because many people end up spending around the same or more a year on them.

I don’t have to use WoW,..I can use Rift, or EQ for that matter.

GW2 is not any of those games,…but it’s an MMORPG. They have a different business model.

Questioning your spending habits on an optional feature is not my business it’s your own. You make the choice, you make the decision. Everything else before that is pretty fair what ANet has offered over 3yrs.

(edited by Rhanoa.3960)

Pandaman.4758

Missing the point.

That’s not everyone though.

And $49.99 is no different

Again, I never said I never purchased gems. I pointed out as it is OPTIONAL feature as is the Currency Exchange.

Sorry, edited my post after you started replying, apparently. My point is your original argument is unfair as it only applies to people who spent less than a certain amount a month supporting the game (just $10). For everyone else the price of the expansion is not a deal at all, so they do have cause to complain.

If you didn’t mean for the topic to apply to those people in question, then I apologize for wasting your time.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

I’d prefer the elephant in the room you’re studiously ignoring: the GW1 model, where $50 got you a whole continent worth of content comparable in size to the original game.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

The Burning Crusade released @ $39.99.

And lets be honest, TBC came with a ton of content. The sub argument also goes out the window when you are talking to regular gem purchasers.

http://hothardware.com/news/world-of-warcraft-burning-crusade-gets-release-date

Also the base game is not something you get if you already have it. I.e. if you purchase HoT now, unless you create a new account with HoT linked to that one, you won’t get another copy of the base game. So for a player who bought the original for $59.99 have to also pay $49.99, it starts to look sinister and too expensive for what we know we are going to get.

Suddenly it looks different right?

(edited by Pyriel.4370)

Rhanoa.3960

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

And lets be honest, TBC came with a ton of content. The sub argument also goes out the window when you are talking to regular gem purchasers.

Also the base game is not something you get if you already have it. I.e. if you purchase HoT now, unless you create a new account with HoT linked to that one, you won’t get another copy of the base game. So for a player who bought the original for $59.99 have to also pay $49.99, it starts to look sinister and too expensive for what we know we are going to get.

Feel free to read through thread rather than just skipping deciding what you feel is relevant.

Gem Purchases is an Optional feature once again. You are not forced.

Let me help you out over here as well.

com·pli·men·ta·ry

Many folks will see this as Bundled Pricing which is very common. 1 Disc or Digital Download that come with 2-6 game or movie rolled into one price. Do you decide to complain to Target how you only want to pay for Die Hard 2 or Lethal Weapon 3?

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Ive spent 500-600$ on gems since launch and purchased 3 accounts. If gemstore wasnt extremely profitable, they wouldnt be the same A.net they are now. People that have trully supported this game since launch have every right to be upset at being treated as 2nd rate customers and you have absolutely no right to judge those that have supported the game, nor the understanding to grasp that if we havnt the game would likely be a very different beast right now. Mike O’brien might even have a slightly less expensive sports car. Can you imagine!

Seriously, 0$ over 3 years is ridiculously far from the average.

Pyriel.4370

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

Feel free to read through thread rather than just skipping deciding what you feel is relevant.

com·pli·men·ta·ry

Many folks will see this as Bundled Pricing which is very common. 1 Disc or Digital Download that come with 2-6 game or movie rolled into one price. Do you decide to complain to Target how you only want to pay for Die Hard 2 or Lethal Weapon 3?

You still got the content and pricing wrong of your main argument. So the comparisons with the actual figures and content differences of what we know actually act against your point when you know the actual figures.

Also that bundle does not work as you seem to think.

Scenario 1: You are completely new with no account = You get the core and HoT.

Scenario 2: You have an account = You only get HoT with the same purchase, same price at the same time and do not get the extra core key.

In regards to gem purchases, many have spent enough on gems to match or beat that sub price.

Also, you are missing the main complaint of the player base, the price in general. $50 is a lot more than people expect to pay for an expansion, especially one where as far as we know, there isn’t as much content as other expansion packs for other games.

Please refrain from patronising phrasing, it doesn’t help anything unless you want this thread to get toxic.

(edited by Pyriel.4370)

Rhanoa.3960

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

com·pli·men·ta·ry

You still got the content and pricing wrong of your main argument. So the comparisons with the actual figures and content differences of what we know actually act against your point when you know the actual figures.

Scenario 2: You have an account = You only get HoT with the same purchase, same price at the same time and do not get the extra core key.

In regards to gem purchases, many have spent enough on gems to match or beat that sub price.

Also, you are missing the main complaint of the player base, the price in general. $50 is a lot more than people expect to pay for an expansion, especially one where as far as we know, there isn’t as much content as other expansion packs for other games.

Please refrain from patronising phrasing, it doesn’t help anything unless you want this thread to get toxic.

Farming gold exchange for Gems buy HoT!
Purchasing HoT
Waiting 3mons – a year for the price to drop 10%-20%.

3 options on the plate to purchase the game.

Rhanoa.3960

Ive spent 500-600$ on gems since launch and purchased 3 accounts. If gemstore wasnt extremely profitable, they wouldnt be the same A.net they are now. People that have trully supported this game since launch have every right to be upset at being treated as 2nd rate customers and you have absolutely no right to judge those that have supported the game, nor the understanding to grasp that if we havnt the game would likely be a very different beast right now. Mike O’brien might even have a slightly less expensive sports car. Can you imagine!

/Facepalm
You clearly only read what you want and assume the rest.

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

There is no justification of the 50$ in your post, just some comparison to a DIFFERENT AND COMPLETELY UNRELATED GAME. What’s your point? A high-tech gym membership costs 20$/month let’s compare it to that. All-you-can-eat restaurant near me costs 250-400$/month (based on membership). Compared to this restaurant GW2 is very cheap! Let’s not eat there and instantly justify GW2 price!

Stop comparing different games, fact is ANET has a completely different business model than WoW and charging 30$/euro for xpac alone and 40$/eruo for the core game would’ve been more reasonable. But they decided to distribute the cost new players pay onto existing players.

Posted by: XeoShock.7094

XeoShock.7094

The OP here is good and all, but what is this supposed to be? White knighting? It has no value in HoT forums, and is not going to change anyone’s mind about issues caused by Anets faults.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Pyriel.4370

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

com·pli·men·ta·ry

Farming gold exchange for Gems buy HoT!
Purchasing HoT
Waiting 3mons – a year for the price to drop 10%-20%.

3 options on the plate to purchase the game.

Glad to see that you passively admit you got your original points wrong.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

/Facepalm
You clearly only read what you want and assume the rest.

Nah, you just make a comparison with gw2 being ‘free’ because it has no sub fee, which is not exactly true. They are supported by the gemstore. I originally like the model because I know what I’m paying for and dont feel pressured to ‘get my moneys worth’. I think people that pay into gems typically have paid more on a month to month basis then they would for a sub too. Just because you’ve been riding on the coattails of other’s support, dosnt give you the right to make some awful comparison. If it was truly free and they werent supported by the gemstore, we’d have had an expansion years ago.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

/facepalm

Actually….. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a95r8/to_those_who_said_anet_will_support_people_who/

Not sure when that reddit post was updated, but the player who made it got it worked out and got a refund/upgrade to HoT without losing the account or progress made on it.

Posted by: TexAub.6458

TexAub.6458

/facepalm

Really?
Ask for a refund?

So since price for GW2 base game dropped to $29.99, $10.00, and now $0 I should ask for my money back too?

Deal is a deal right?

The comment about ANet helping out anyone who just bought the core game is untrue. I purchased the core game on Amazon on June 13th 2015 and have contacted them and was informed that nothing could be done to upgrade the account. The statement only applies if you bought their game through their store.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Vanilla WoW $39.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

1st Xpac TBC $49.99 + $19.99 Base Game

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

I was in WoW when The Burning Crusade hit. That expansion was worth $50 and then some. New races, mounts, a slew of new zones and dungeons, and I’m not including the patches which brought the Zul’Aman. Asking $50 for HoT which has content that from all appearances is 75% less than The Burning Crusade is nonsensical. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Vanilla WoW $49.99

3yr $14.99 $539.64

GW2 $69.99

3yr $0.00

I’d prefer the elephant in the room you’re studiously ignoring: the GW1 model, where $50 got you a whole continent worth of content comparable in size to the original game.

Never played gw1 but I understand it to be those er….updates? were stand alone as you said and rivaled the original in size and scope and priced at $50. Since this modern age of gaming where the only thing certain is the game you bought won’t work properly until a couple months-years after release I’ve given up buying games full price unless its offering a very very very very enticing experience (and even then I’m not buying until after reviews), but full price for a full game is reasonable. If HoT was a stand alone-or even if it still was an expansion but was like 80% the size and scope of the original game then (although I still wouldn’t buy it at full price as the only thing I’m interested in is the handful of new skills…then again maybe if it was 80% in scope I wouldn’t be only interested in the new skills so this is actually a paradox) and cost the same $50 I don’t think there would be any real problem. However asking full price for this diminutive scope of a game? LOLZ yeah no. Well from one set of people anyway. Prepurchase is already highly anticonsumer and the least you could do is take them out on a date before you proceed to f…..ahem. New players get the base game free (disassociating the cost as I already covered that and just looking at the incentives/bundles), very nice deal-you can give the existing players in-game items (and not bloody boosters) like black lion keys or makeover kits, valuable dyes stuff like that. I won’t even mention character slots because that should come standard as far as I’m concerned; you have 10 classes in dark souls-imagine if you only got 6 character slots……..yeah…….

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Nope, you should be reading this follow up thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3aege1/a_follow_up_to_my_post_that_blew_up_out_of/

Try not to mislead people in the future plz.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

-snip-

mounts

-snip

Players in general are against having mounts in this game. So why bother mentioning them here.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Or… I could just keep playing the base game?

No moving on required.

AND I can buy another game instead of the expansion.

The question I have to ask, is “Are Elite specializations, Three new maps, Guild Halls and ‘Challenging group content’ a better use of my $50 than other games?”

Since I cannot judge what I have not yet seen, everything I have seen so far is cool, but not yet worth $50.

I still get base specializations, a new Pvp mode, a new guild system (Even without the hall) and new WvW maps to play WITHOUT spending an additional cent. Which is a pretty good deal.

Then I can instead spend that $50 on The Witcher 3, Or Splatoon, or Fallout 4, or Persona 5, or… a lot of other cool looking games.

Anet needs to step up their game to attain my spending money.

Exactly my plan at the moment. If they want more money from me they need to do better.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ