[POLL] Which is your LEAST fav map in HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I’m curious to see which map every dislikes the most out of the four explorable maps in PvE. Please vote, and discuss below.

here’s the strawpoll:

http://strawpoll.me/5924397

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

lmao so im not alone in my hatred of TD

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Honestly hate auric basin just because those wp are always contested while I’m trying to map complete. I understand people dont like TD because the meta is hard and the map is difficult to get around (it isn’t if you’ve spent seeral hours there) but I just hate contested WPs way more than any other part of a map.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

While i found Tangled Dephts to be the most complicated and hard to navigate, i cannot get over the fact that it is gorgeous. It makes up for every minute (hour?) i’ve spent running around frustrated, trying to find my way somewhere.
On the other hand, Dragon’s Stand just feels bland and uninteresting compared to the rest. I loved the big fight at the end, but the music, the atmosphere, the scenery itself is just…. meh…
My favourite of course is the City of Shinies :P

Posted by: Ranlares.2513

Ranlares.2513

kitten …really? I love TD lol it’s interesting.VB is meh Imo, though I enjoyed them all

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Tangled Depths might be a nightmare but at least it has character. Dragon’s Stand is just a big forest with 3 roads cutting through it, and if no one is running the meta event the whole zone is practically closed off.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

TD is the culprit of MMO crafting. It’s the top of complexity, ingenious design and craftsmanship. But I understand it’s very hard, the mobs are mostly utterly annoying and do sometimes too much damage. 27k shroom explosion or whatever it was on my heavy armored zerker rev is absurd. They really have to tone down some enemies. Also make the meta event a bit easier. Otherwise we will never see this map ever done on a regular basis.

I actually like hard content, but the problem here is, I can’t do it alone, no not even in a group, you need hundreds of people to do it and that’s the problem.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

TD is the culprit of MMO crafting. It’s the top of complexity, ingenious design and craftsmanship. But I understand it’s very hard, the mobs are mostly utterly annoying and do sometimes too much damage. 27k shroom explosion or whatever it was on my heavy armored zerker rev is absurd. They really have to tone down some enemies. Also make the meta event a bit easier. Otherwise we will never see this map ever done on a regular basis.

I actually like hard content, but the problem here is, I can’t do it alone, no not even in a group, you need hundreds of people to do it and that’s the problem.

If you have problem with surviving in zerker armor maybe you should take some vitality/toughness stat, as for meta event it is quiet easy but on most map no one even tries , it is just hard to have enough ppl, maybe damage on gerent in some cases.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You forgot to add the 5th new PvE map, desert borderlands.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

TD is my favorite map and DS my most hated, it feels just like another generic Sw meta with nothing but zerging and a cool final bossfight.

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

Def Tangled Depth

Ranlares.2513

Here’s a tip that will help you understand the game better, zerker gear isn’t “heavy” armor. I know what you’re saying, plate armor,more defense. This is guild wars 2 though, and your armor type doesn’t mean anything. Stop running zerker gear if you are dying, don’t make anet put it back to how it was, zerker or you’re bad.

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Definitely Tangled Depths, Gorgeous graphically but a kitten nightmare to navigate.

Posted by: Rukiichan.4315

Rukiichan.4315

TD, I had no idea where I was going so I just ran around until I found the WP for DS and never came back.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

So much hate for Tangled Depths :/ i love that map, i got so lost in it, and i kittening love it.
Basin, while still being very good, is in terms of map and meta the least cool for me. I think my rank is: Dragon stand best, then tangled, then verdant, then basin

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Here’s a tip that will help you understand the game better, zerker gear isn’t “heavy” armor. I know what you’re saying, plate armor,more defense. This is guild wars 2 though, and your armor type doesn’t mean anything. Stop running zerker gear if you are dying, don’t make anet put it back to how it was, zerker or you’re bad.

So true, if you can’t handle it change stats. My rev is handling that map just fine, full zerker glass cannon sword/axe + hammer. devestation, invocation, herald

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

TD by far, it’s so confusing to navigate without many landmarks to get used to the area, especially given how the world map tier system works, it makes navigation incredibly tedious

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

TD – annoying in every way imaginable. Seams designed deliberately to be frustrating and annoying.
Hard to navigate, hard to get to events, hard to find HPs etc….
The meta never succeeds, people just cant be kitten d.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Tangled Depths might be a nightmare but at least it has character. Dragon’s Stand is just a big forest with 3 roads cutting through it, and if no one is running the meta event the whole zone is practically closed off.

yeah, it seams that TD and DS are just rushed out and not complete.

VB and AB are so much better experiences in every way and seam much better thought out and “finished”.

Ranlares.2513

yeah, it seams that TD and DS are just rushed out and not complete.

VB and AB are so much better experiences in every way and seam much better thought out and “finished”.

I disagree, I don’t think either TD or DS seemed rushed (excluding how you can nearly literally walk out of DS and see (presumably) later living world stuff. I just think they wanted polar opposites in a way. The first two maps are very accessible and simple In most ways, where as TD and DS are either very difficult meta events to oppose how east AB’s is, or have content gated behind specific things. AB’s meta event can hardly fail now, and if it does you still have access to everything other than a poi and a hero point. I like the contrast I guess, though I understand its not for everyone.

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

TD is not only the worst map in GW2 it’s the worst I can think of in any game I’ve played.

It feels like a child had 10 different ideas for areas and then just stuck them on in random places. It’s horrible to navigate and the insane enemy density and respawn rates basically ensures you’ll never actually get to explore it.

It’s especially impressive how awful it turned out considering how fluid many of the original games maps are.

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Everyone who doesn’t like Tangled Depths needs to go away and rethink their approach to video games.

The fact that it’s difficult to navigate and punishes people who try to just run past world mobs in order to get to an objective combined with how godkitten beautiful it is are the things that make it not only the best area in HoT, not only the best area in GW2, but the best area in any MMO ever made.

My initial reaction on reaching TD and exploring for a bit was “it was totally worth the full price of the expansion just for how amazing and cool and beautiful and interesting this area is”, and I still agree with that 100% two weeks later.

It’s not the game’s fault that you suck and need a minimap.

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

TD sucks because it is mostly a tunnel-level with a lot of dead ends on top, doesn´t feel like “open-world” to me – even more as my shiny new gliding skills are almost useless in there for crossing that area.

Another bad point: the blocked access to Dragon´s Stand is a major design-sin for an almost full-price expansion which offers only 4 new maps in total and for how hard it is to get rid of the blocking.

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

TD is fun to explore on and it has the ley-line run that is a highly enjoyable adventure game. I actually found some back-ways to get to supposedly ley-line-gliding locked HP’s and vista’s. I mostly can get anywhere on the map now… as long as I start at Ogre waypoint.

DS is a pita due to everything being locked behind the meta. At least on the other maps you can get to 95% of the map on your own, just exploring and being careful. Then there’s also the problem with the time-limit and the elitists taking over some map (just have to ignore map chat, but still).

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

I love all of the Maps… It’s hard to choose the one I like the least, so I picked DS. Just because I haven’t played much on it. VB, AB, TD… They are really great. I even think DS will be great when I explore it more, but still… I had to make a decision.

And TD is so amazing, so awesome, so ingenious… I totally get lost in it, but I’m having so much fun.

(edited by darkprecure.6129)

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

kitten Tangled is my fav one…BECAUSE it’s a-MAZE-ing.
Why people like dumb stuff? :-/

Least at it VB becasue, well, it’s the most known (since BWEs) and it didn’t give me the “wow!” factor like other maps. Still I really like it, but since we have to make a list…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I like TD and yes it’s a bit all over the place to a degree but it uses effective use of it’s space. Also I love the mob density and the underground bits this map stands out above all the new maps because it differs the most from all pre-existing maps. Ask for Mounts to run through the mobs or get speed shrooms if you have problems with it which are the same thing sort off.

Auric Basin has a massive empty city taking up the center of the map the canopy and underground are barely developed and that object taking a huge chunk of the map probably would’ve been better suited at the canopy level and a flying city at that then they could use the ground level to add a bit more map and actual gameplay. More or less I feel Auric doesn’t use it’s space wisely.

I don’t really count Dragon’s Basin as a traditional map and if I did it would probably be the worst one. Zhatian curropted maps for miles his influence was all ovver the place and you had to fight through multiple maps just to get to him. That feeling wasn’t in HoT at all and the fact that Rata Sum is directly beside Dragon’s Basin just makes the entire thing worse. This new maps had a light sprinkling of Dragon Minions and four maps was simply way too few for they should have at least had an entire map dedicated completely to Mord to show his influence and power over the area and that you had to fight through his hordes to reach him. I expected something on par to the story missions traveling through Orr and what I got was just completely disappointing from that regard.

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Initially I disliked Tangled Depths because of too many mobs that always try to cripple you, jump onto you or hinder your urge to exploration in the most annoying ways. But, this map is amazing once you know your way around. I’d really like to know how many hours of work went into the design.

Least fav is Dragon’s Stand, sorry. The map doesn’t really work right now. Whenever I come to the map it’s either waiting with 1.5h left and noone gives a kitten because there aren’t any commanders on the map or it has 30 mins left and everyone just stands around because it’s not enough time anyway. Waiting = no fun. And there is exactly nothing to do outside the meta. Not even much exploration as many areas seem to be tied to a successfull meta event.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Tangled Depths, only because its a pain to navigate with all its winding passages and because of the meta (2 1/2 hours between attempts? and the preevents take only about a half hour?).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

I love Tangled Depths because it somehow reminds me of the different worlds in old collectathon games. There’s so many place to explore and so much character to the zone as a whole. I have absolutely no practical understanding of how the meta works however, and hardly ever see anyone actually doing it.

Auric Basin gets some dislike from me because of the WPs are always contested, and contested WPs often get my ire. There’s WPs out there in the world that I swear are never available when you need them.

Dragon’s Stand I don’t really count as a zone since it’s just a meta event, and a strict one at that closing off a lot of the zone, unlike say Silverwastes that has some exploratory value and freedom. It’s more like a farming instance to me, or a 100+ player MOBA.

Verdant Brink is just… Verdant Brink. It’s there, it’s great, it sets the tone. Nothing bad to say about it, but I like others better.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

dang, 400+votes 72% TD

Posted by: Leticron.7945

Leticron.7945

While TD has the worst Meta Event and is pretty terrible to navigate through, I found Auric Bassin to be shiny but boring, just like its events. All very much the same, and the ‘Bossfights’ in the city’ center aren’t any better.
VB is a cleverly designed map that works with any number of players. Even a group of 10 can achieve something on the map, though not everything. I love its event design.
DS is a huge grind with a pretty fun Boss fight at the end. I have the feeling that its grindy nature will anger me in the coming days and weeks, but for now i enjoy it & the huge amount of XP it gives.
So my vote is Auric Bassin.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

dang, 400+votes 72% TD

Tangled Depths 73%

It’s like a massive maze-like-jump puzzle, with chak every 10ft spitting at you making it feel like you’re walking in a bog with multiple levels.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I hate all of the maps equally.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

TD….always…

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Tangled Death is only a waist of time i have to pass to go to DS

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I am not sure. TD or DS.
I really like TD map appearance, but I hate its meta event.
I hate DS map appearance, but like its meta event.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Most of the other maps just require a bit of time to get to know them, or at least where the events pop and merchants are. TD is a convoluted mess that requires you to know the “mole holes” in order to get around (kinda).

Like I said in another thread you should be able to see all events and their elevation on the map in order to know where to go. Especially on this map as it is so hard to know where to go and what to do when arriving.

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

Dragon’s Stand.
Extremly boring mob+event grind. And you forced to play it for legendary.

Posted by: Shadowphazon.7529

Shadowphazon.7529

Auric Basin anything you do is always blocked by the meta in progress or when the meta is done. Even when the city is safe and the chests are exposed you’re not allowed to do the adventures whilst the WPs are uncontested. No you’d better go away and wait for the meta to reset so it can make your navigation harder.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I cannot pick a winner.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Tangled Depths with Dragon’s Stand a close second.

It’s not that I don’t like the actual map of Dragon’s Stand. I just don’t like my map completions being at the whim of a successful meta event that can be difficult to find a map for.

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Auric Basin

Tangled Depths is at least …well it has it’s moments exploring.
Dragon’s Stand is good while the meta is on… that makes it used about once a day on average for me. The boss fight was amazing.
Verdant Brink has the most reply ability

What they should have done was stick with their original statements:
- one map
- four biomes

Maybe the server memory couldn’t handle it. I dunno.

The biggest issue I have with any of the maps is the same issue I have with the whole game:
- We just run around all the time?
- What ever happened to camps?
- Plains of Annwyn was what I imagined for Tangled Depths, not psychedelic nightmare. The Skale cave is hands down the absolute best thing in Tangled Depths. It’s actually a cave. Aesthetically super impressive and realistic. That Mastery Point near Deeproot Sink… another brilliant spot.
If the game was more about exploring open world and camping content challenges in it with this new verticality system I think we’d have had a lot less complaints. The problem is we just ran through it all once and then asked, “Now what?” No one is really upset we got the answer, “That’s it.” The upset is people thinking, “Wait? You thought this was enough?” Basically, again, there should have been a lot more actual tunnels and channels rather than waypoints and Nuhoch Hallows.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Tangled depths because of its unbalanced meta. The map is beautiful though!

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

TD 75% now, Anet pls give some response.

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

TD is initially very frustrating, but it does have some bright spots. The starting area with the massive trees, Rata Novus, Teku Nuhoch etc. However the meta event is very inaccessible.

DS is largely gated behind finding a meta map and it’s the least visually interesting.

AB and VB are both gorgeous and well designed.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I was going to make a thread listing everyone’s favorite to least favorite maps. XD

TD is definitely my least favorite map. Ugh.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The only thing I hate about TD is that the lowest layer is mostly unused. It feels like a back-door entrance to the rest of the map and not like a part of the map itself.

Still my least fav map is AB. With the exception of a very few places it’s basically a central tyria map. Also it has the biggest fps killer places in the whole game. I die on a regular basis trying to jump down from the waypoint into the tunnels below Tarir because the screen freezes for 2 seconds and I can’t open my glider. Suddenly dropping from 60 fps to 0.5 is not fun.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I voted for verdant brink. Had I not been reading the forums recently, I would be very surprised so many hate TD, it’s my favourite, followed by auric basin. Those two maps are a lot better than the other two. I don’t really see DS as a zone as such, more like a giant meta event. VB not great. IMO it is the only completely unrealistic map (HUGE cliffs and sections of land with no connection to anything else with vines at the bottom that kill you if you touch them. That said I don’t mind verdant brink too much and I really like the events there, however scenery-wise It isn’t as good as the others.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Not much excitement in TD I guess. Maybe they are saving it for Living Story season 3?

Anvil Rockers Unite!