Pact Crowbars

Pact Crowbars

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

Huzzah! I have ton’s of airship parts, and there are lots of pact supply crates, but alas, I have no crowbars! Nevermind, thought I, and went to the vendor to buy some. But what is this? No pact crowbars are being sold?

Each Maguuma Wastes and HoT map has a currency and chest unlock type:
- Dry Top has Zephyrite Lockpick for Buried Locked Chests
- Silverwastes has Bandit Skeleton Keys for Lost Bandit Chests
- Verdant Brink has Pact Crowbars for Airship Cargo
- Auric Basin has Exalted Keys for Exalted Chests
- Tangled Depths has Vials of Chak Acid for Crystallized Supply Caches
- Dragons Stand has Machetes for Noxious Pod

However while there are vendors sell all the other key types, there is no vendor that sells Pact Crowbars.

Is this a deliberate oversight for reasons that I have yet to understand, or did they merely forget to add them to the vendors? Either way, please add them to a vendor Anet!

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s because airship crates are the primary means of acquiring that map’s currency.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The first time you finish DS you get a ley energy converter which can give you a crowbar a day. Not much, but it’s enough to open the airship cargo chest in my home instance.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ve finished DS 4 times and I’ve never heard of a ley energy converter until now

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Jump in a squad doing the map event, you’ll have a shee load of crowbars forevermore.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve finished DS 4 times and I’ve never heard of a ley energy converter until now

It requires killing the Mouth in under 20? minutes. Not sure when it starts counting.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I regularly delete my 2nd stack of crowbars be cause I always have too much. Don’t know what you do. Maybe do events instead of just looting the airship cargos.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Between the VB and DS daily chest you also get 24 crowbars.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I wanted to see what it was like walking into VB with no crowbars and seeing if I have the same issues as my DH to my new engie.

I can see how if you have no crowbars, you’ll stay with no crowbars. Maybe now that the daily zone boxes are back it might fix the issue. I do events and open any box I can on my DH, my poor engie was running around tagging every event, and still would run out of crowbars.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I regularly delete my 2nd stack of crowbars be cause I always have too much. Don’t know what you do. Maybe do events instead of just looting the airship cargos.

Right? I can’t spend Pact Crowbars fast enough. Even when I open lots of Airship Cargoes, I’m always leaving the map with a lot more crowbars than what I started with. I now have just under one full stack of them.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Pact Crowbars

Ayrilana.1396

Unless you’re actively going out of your way to use crowbars as you get them, you’re not going to run out.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Aww man I really wish I could send you mine. I have 200 and every time I use any I get just as many back, it’s kinda frustrating

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I also get plenty of crowbars. Complete a daytime event and the game throws them at you, sometimes in larger quantities. I believe the periodic nighttime reward updates also award them.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Banrigh.5932

Banrigh.5932

for those of you that play mostly HoT, i can see why you would have an abundance of crowbars….

but for those of us that don’t only do HoT, it’s not easy building up very many…..i made the mistake of getting the airship chest for my home instance and can’t use it very often because i haven’t spent much time in HoT lately (been working on and just finished making Leaf of Kudzu and Kudzu.

I also get plenty of crowbars. Complete a daytime event and the game throws them at you, sometimes in larger quantities. I believe the periodic nighttime reward updates also award them.

actually, per the wiki, it says :
Received by completing daytime events in Verdant Brink. Nighttime events do not award crowbars. Map progression at night does award 1-3.

Banrigh
Disa Wyrmhunter – Druid/Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Received by completing daytime events in Verdant Brink. Nighttime events do not award crowbars. Map progression at night does award 1-3.

“periodic nighttime reward updates” = “Map progression at night”

So, yeah, that’s what I said.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

for those of you that play mostly HoT, i can see why you would have an abundance of crowbars….

but for those of us that don’t only do HoT, it’s not easy building up very many…..i made the mistake of getting the airship chest for my home instance and can’t use it very often because i haven’t spent much time in HoT lately (been working on and just finished making Leaf of Kudzu and Kudzu.

Isn’t that exactly what he said? o.O

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Holy cats! I have lots of crowbars. I need an airship full of crates.

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Unless you’re actively going out of your way to use crowbars as you get them, you’re not going to run out.

I use crowbars on every airship crate i come across… so not actively out of my way but very much along my way.. and they run out.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Hmm, so far I cannot use crowbars as quickly as I gain them unless I actively avoid playing the content.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

The reason you can’t buy crowbars is because airship cargo is the main supply of airship parts (map currency) and purchasing keys for chest has to result in a net loss of the currency for (hopefully) obvious reasons.

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Hmm, so far I cannot use crowbars as quickly as I gain them unless I actively avoid playing the content.

This is where I’d be really interested to hear what the patterns of behavior are for those with copious amounts of crow bars. Do you open every crate you come across? Do you skip some? How many events do you partake in in a day, and how many crates do you open? But these are questions that can’t be answered. Nobody’s going to be tracking those kinds of stats.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I have probably 150 sat in a shared inventory slot after moving them off individual toons. As all 9 of my 80s have map completion in VB, it’s pretty easy to end up with an excess.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Pact Crowbars

Ayrilana.1396

This is where I’d be really interested to hear what the patterns of behavior are for those with copious amounts of crow bars. Do you open every crate you come across? Do you skip some? How many events do you partake in in a day, and how many crates do you open? But these are questions that can’t be answered. Nobody’s going to be tracking those kinds of stats.

It’ll take more than one cycle before that starts happening. I started with about 30 crowbars and never ran out the entire time I was in the map. By the time it was day again, I had nearly the same amount of crowbars as I had began with.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Treise.6958

Treise.6958

I use to have this issue untill recently i decided to focus on doing event chains instead of the ending meta, before I knew it I had 250+ crowbars and 1600 airship parts and not knowing what to do with either xD

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I use to have this issue untill recently i decided to focus on doing event chains instead of the ending meta, before I knew it I had 250+ crowbars and 1600 airship parts and not knowing what to do with either xD

only 1600 airship parts? I have over a stack of crowbars and 11,100 airship parts and I don’t know what to do with them! At least they’re in my wallet and can sit there XD.

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’ll take more than one cycle before that starts happening. I started with about 30 crowbars and never ran out the entire time I was in the map. By the time it was day again, I had nearly the same amount of crowbars as I had began with.

Okay, but how many crates do you open as you go along? That’s what I’m curious about. How many crowbars do you typically get from an event? I get between 1 and 3 and there are plenty of crates lying around as you run from event to event. It has me wondering if maybe the amount of crowbars you get depends in some way on how much effort/damage you put into an event?

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

I’ve gone around actively seeking all crates on the map and trying to avoid events unless I’m stopped by an enemy. I still end up with more crowbars than I started with.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I only open cargos and I have 3 stacks of crowbars. I don’t see the problem.

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’ve gone around actively seeking all crates on the map and trying to avoid events unless I’m stopped by an enemy. I still end up with more crowbars than I started with.

How many did you start with?

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I only open cargos and I have 3 stacks of crowbars. I don’t see the problem.

I find your statement hard to believe on the face of it. Or rather, I think it’s incomplete. You have 3 stacks of crowbars. Okay, presumably you did a lot of events at some point to farm those. Now you’re opening cargos without doing events. From what I read on the wiki, cargos don’t give crowbars, so it’s not a self-sustaining process. So, you must be using up your stacks of crowbars and at some point, if you’re not doing events, you’re going to run out.

That’s my understanding of the situation. If there’s something missing there, some process or aspect that leads to generating more crowbars without doing events, please let me know. I want to understand this.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Try find a map that’s going for T4, prioritize the meta, and open cargos as a secondary goal. I’ve run multiple alts with starting 0-15 crowbars and ending up with 20+, while still opening a reasonable number of cargos.

TBH, as the cargos are spread out, farming them isn’t time effective anyway. The other HoT maps have containers spawn in predictable clusters. You’ll probably get equal or better rewards for your time by helping to advance the meta to get the T4 event reward.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Tonight I didn’t bother with anything except finding Airship Cargoes. I had 225 Pact Crowbars at the start and ended up with 157 before I moved on to do something else.

EDIT: Fixing phone autocorrect spelling.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

How many did you start with?

Started out with around 25-30 and ended with around 65. That was the first time I decided to just go for crates. It was on a full map, t4, crates everywhere. I only did that twice more (accumulating more) before I stopped and just use the one from my home instance for now.

Edit: Also I should add, that I did participate in some of the events (minimally) to get past them. I never stayed for a full event, only killing things that slowed/crippled/dazed etc. to get through them but I got credit for many of them, even if it was just one or two kills.

(edited by Ambika.6257)

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Thanks for the explanations, guys.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

There’s no need… it’s so easy if you do events anyways.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Highlord.7158

Highlord.7158

I don’t understand why I need “Pact Crowbars” anyway. My character swings a hammer as large as she is tall.

ADDENDUM: Your filter is stupid, ANet.

Pact Crowbars

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

And while we’re on the subject, that’s not how you use a crowbar. Just holding it above your head for a while then taking a swing at a container is not how it works. Must be a magic crowbar.

Pact Crowbars

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

And while we’re on the subject, that’s not how you use a crowbar. Just holding it above your head for a while then taking a swing at a container is not how it works. Must be a magic crowbar.

Evidence of Asuran influence on the Pact. Over engineered, excessively enchanted, “crowbars,” requiring special techniques to use effectively…

when a basic length of iron rod would have sufficed.