Participation level versus game crashes

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Hello,

As we all know the game crashes very frequently now. The crashes themselves can be handled except during very important events but what upsets me the most is that when we log in after a crash our hard earned 200% participation level is reset and back to 0%.

Can we have a grace period of 5 minutes after a crash/log out before the participation level is reset?

Thanks.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

This is a good idea and an issue that should have been adressed long ago, maybe if participation was bound to the map overall instead of a specific one so don’t get punished for a random dc (lost a lot of claw of jormag chests this way). Furthermore a map spot reservation for 1 min after log out/dc would be cool but don’t know if that could be exploited.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Already posted this idea several days ago, it needs to be put into place, that if the game crashes it will hold the spot on the map you where on for 5 mins, getting real annoyed at spending an hour doing the meta to get booted in the last 30 seconds and not being able to get back into the map I worked to finish the meta on.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I still don’t know what all these crashes are that people keep talking about…I’ve only crashed once, and that was when it was time for a new build and I was teleporting to another WP, other than that I have not crashed one single time. I’m not saying they don’t exist, just saying I’ve never experienced one since HoT went live.

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

Had the game crash at end stage of meta events in HoT every time the last 10-14 days. I just dont bother anymore. Will wait another month to try again.

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

The implementation of a 5 minutes grace period after a crash/logout is really needed and I do not see how it can be abused.

Reserving the map spot for 5 minutes will solve 99.9% of the issues..:)

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”