Parties in "Torn from the Sky"?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

OK, this has come up twice for me with friends in the last week.

Is there any way to play through “Torn from the Sky” as a party, when some of the characters have completed it and others haven’t, so that the less-developed character gets story progression (and access to Verdant Brink) as normal?

The problem is that the story nominally starts in Silverwastes – but actually, the first time you do it (only), it starts in the special “Prelude to Maguuma” copy of the map. And you can’t, as far as I can see, replay the “Prelude to Maguuma” story. Result – we’re in different maps, and whoever triggers it, the other doesn’t get invited in.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: wackyratt.3517

wackyratt.3517

This happened to me and my bf when we wanted to play the story instance together. The only way we found to do it as a party when 1 person has already done it is:

1. Player who has just finished Rally to Maguuma prologue waypoints out of the instance. (logging out doesn’t work, it puts you back into the prologue instance)
2. Both players meet at the entrance to Verdant Brink from the normal Silverwastes, not the prologue instance. Then you can begin the chapter together as normal.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

This happened to me and my bf when we wanted to play the story instance together. The only way we found to do it as a party when 1 person has already done it is:

1. Player who has just finished Rally to Maguuma prologue waypoints out of the instance. (logging out doesn’t work, it puts you back into the prologue instance)
2. Both players meet at the entrance to Verdant Brink from the normal Silverwastes, not the prologue instance. Then you can begin the chapter together as normal.

Thanks for that. My friends and I did something similar when one of us got bugged around that point once (I don’t remember the fine detail). I’ve been levelling a character for the last week or so with the intent of checking it out. I’ll give it a go as soon as she’s high-enough level to do the episode.

Edit: Yes, simply doing anything that gets you out of the special PS version of Silverwastes seems to be the answer. Just now I merely went to the Camp Resolve WP as shown on the main “Prelude to Maguuma” map; when the screen cleared again I was back in Silverwastes proper. I ran back to the story star and was able to pull in another, partied character who’d already completed the episode. Frustrating to have to do the run again, but pretty trivial.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)