Pax East Meetup?

Pax East Meetup?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PeskyJNixon.8236

PeskyJNixon.8236

Howdy Folks!

I write this from a very snowy Boston in the midst of its fourth major snow storm in three weeks. PAX East is less than a month away and I was thinking if ANet isn’t already planning on it that we should plan a Thursday night get together!

I’m happy to find us a place, but I wanted to see if the GW2 team or anyone else already had this planned.

If you know or have any ideas let me know, I’m happy to organize it.

Best,
Adams (in game)

Pax East Meetup?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’m having trouble figuring out exactly what you are saying. Sounds like you want people to “get together” on Thursday night. Who is this “we” you speak of? Everybody attending as GW2 players? Just the Anet staff? Since you said “we” and you are clearly not Anet staff it seems to imply the former, but then that would be a huge crowd with a lot of unknowns to try to “plan”

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Pax East Meetup?

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

I’m having trouble figuring out exactly what you are saying. Sounds like you want people to “get together” on Thursday night. Who is this “we” you speak of? Everybody attending as GW2 players? Just the Anet staff? Since you said “we” and you are clearly not Anet staff it seems to imply the former, but then that would be a huge crowd with a lot of unknowns to try to “plan”

Perhaps you should pay attention to your signature ;-)

Pax East Meetup?

Invictus.1503

Perhaps you should pay attention to your signature ;-)

Please enlighten me then as obviously your seeing something that I am not. I read and reread the initial post and honestly want to understand what they are asking exactly? The vague “we” and the fact that the two options to whom the “we” refers don’t seem to make sense logistically to me and so I deduce that others may feel the same. If you make a post on a forum, it is a post for the general public to review and respond to so further clarification seems prudent to me.

However, if I’ve missed something glaringly obvious, please educate me. Can you answer the questions I posed then please?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Pax East Meetup?

Posted by: PeskyJNixon.8236

PeskyJNixon.8236

Invictus,

I wanted to put together a get together for Boston area GW2 players and the community members as a whole. If you’ve been to events like this, you probably noticed that the night before the events usually have lots of meetups for people who are new to the event or the area with folks that are enthusiasts of their favorite game, game company. I have 0 official capacity, I apologize if it sounded like I was saying that I was. I was saying that I would be interested in having an event for anyone that was interested. If you aren’t going, and if you aren’t interested by all means don’t worry about it.

Pax East Meetup?

Invictus.1503

Invictus,

I wanted to put together a get together for Boston area GW2 players and the community members as a whole. If you’ve been to events like this, you probably noticed that the night before the events usually have lots of meetups for people who are new to the event or the area with folks that are enthusiasts of their favorite game, game company. I have 0 official capacity, I apologize if it sounded like I was saying that I was. I was saying that I would be interested in having an event for anyone that was interested. If you aren’t going, and if you aren’t interested by all means don’t worry about it.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. So it seems like you are using the official forums here to solicit who may be interested in such an event so you know if one should be planned and roughly how large to plan for. If this is the case, I’d suggest, in addition to this forum post, that you also post on Reddit if you haven’t already to get more coverage as making such arrangements is not easy and very frustrating if you do it and don’t have many participants.

Good luck in your endeavour.