Perfect time to nerf Precision!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Niminion.1982

Niminion.1982

It is ruining the game to be able to stack base crit to 80% and then maintain a boon for 20% for 100% critical rate! Who ever heard of such a thing in an mmo!

Do what ever you want to conditions they will always suck when compared to power scaling. Unless of course you make them crit.

All the new skills and abilities and build options don’t amount to much if your still forced into power/power weapon set-ups with Zerk or Celestial gear, because those have the holy trinity of stats, Power/Precision/Ferocity!

But it gets better, stack might and vulnerability for even more compounding power, sprinkle in some strong proc on crit damage effects, and now it’s broke.

And…It’s about to get worse, soon everyone will have even more of these stats because it wont matter what traits you use, some builds had to suffer with having only 60% base crit rate because of their build, not anymore.

Reduce crit rate from precision by half, reduce crit from fury by half. Make conditions and heals crit (maybe?). 50% crit should be the cap. Balance from there instead of having such massive spreads between damage dealing abilities. Condis ignore armor, so to make up for it vulnerability exists, and conditions can be cleansed.

Half the weapons, armor, and traits will always be trash while power scaling, thanks in large part to kittened crit rates, dominates the game.

Chronomancer dodged the first bullet, getting super utility skills that will buff power builds. Alacrity and quickness sharing, and the ability to continue using their power/power set-up. Who will be the first class to cry when they get a condi based elite weapon and trait line I wonder?

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Condition builds currently suck primarily because of the stack limits. Once those are removed, a pure condition build may be viable (for long fights mainly) by the simple fact that their powerful conditions will not be overridden by much weaker, passively-applied conditions by zerker-geared power builds.

Also, conditions being unaffected by armor is the tradeoff between them not being able to crit.

Didn’t they nerf precision and ferocity somewhat recently anyway?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

so what about now makes it the perfect time to nerf precision?

and how is a high/perfect crit rate such a weird thing? like, it’s possible in a whole bunch of games i’ve played, in fact i’m pretty sure it’s integral in a lot of trinity MMOs for the “rogue” type classes to put as much stats in to increasing their critical hit chance and their critical damage itself.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I bet they already intend to nerf it (again). They’re redistributing some of the stat points we’re losing from our traits to our base stats increasing them from 926 to 1000. Our crit rate is calculated as ((Total Prec- Base Prec)/21) +4. So, i bet we’ll see Prec now calculated off of the 1000 as base after the change effectively lowering our crit rates by about 3.5%.

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Having high in precision is really only taken by Mesmers, and thats for reflect damage, beyond that everyone else wears beserker with high in power. As you get plenty of precision with it being a lower stat of the three.

I whole heartedly agree that beserker is way too powerful, but nerfing the stats isn’t the way to fix it. It’s making it not the best EVERYWHERE would help fix it. Adding more high armor bosses in instances. Adding bosses that just take a long time and can’t be done faster so that conditions can make some good damage.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Personally, I just think the idea of 3 direct dps stats is silly. The interaction between them causes a compounding effect that really can’t be matched on defensive or condition set ups.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

Everything you’d want to Crit on in PVE cant be crit on anyway. So why bother?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Everything you’d want to Crit on in PVE cant be crit on anyway. So why bother?

Yeeeah, about that. :\

I’m hoping we see bosses stop being coded as “objects,” so we can crit on them. And for the love of sanity, get rid of Indomitable.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Having high in precision is really only taken by Mesmers, and thats for reflect damage, beyond that everyone else wears beserker with high in power. As you get plenty of precision with it being a lower stat of the three.

I whole heartedly agree that beserker is way too powerful, but nerfing the stats isn’t the way to fix it. It’s making it not the best EVERYWHERE would help fix it. Adding more high armor bosses in instances. Adding bosses that just take a long time and can’t be done faster so that conditions can make some good damage.

For the record, it’s also pretty good for a grenadier engie because of multiple proc on crit traits. High precision is what lets an engie keep 20 vuln stacks up on enemies.

But the Zerker (And Assassin, by extension) gear sets are powerful because the those three stats multiply each other.

Honestly, if anything, I wouldn’t mind them just killing ferocity completely as opposed to nerfing precision. Maybe working the scaling to combine those two stats so that precision gives a little less crit than it does currently, but also scales some bonus crit damage. Or just have crits do a set percentage period.

The reason is mainly just that Ferocity is a boring stat, and it’s nearly worthless without precision. A stat that needs another stat to be worth anything feels kind of pointless. Does anyone run a low crit, high ferocity build? It doesn’t seem to me that ferocity scales enough that rare, high damage crits would work because you’d just have rare, medium damage crits.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t understand why it needs a nerf. Getting 100% isn’t a defect in the game. It may be perfectly well intentioned that it can be achieved.

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Dont suggest such a bad idea. Critical chance is fine the way it is.

There are enough nerfs in this game.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

ronpierce.2760

I disagree. The new trait system is the biggest power creep the game has seen. It could really use some off-setting. I still don’t think precision is the issue, though, but critical DAMAGE instead, as it is what causes the compounding effect between the 3 stats.

If I had my way I’d do away with critical damage and add it in smaller bits to runes/sigils/traits instead and make primary damage be based around 2 damage stats, and allow conditions to crit as well to even out the playing field (reduce condition base damages and/or boost power base damage to find a happy medium).

Then people could go full damage with P/p/Condi damage, or focus one one or the other and take either Vit or Toughness or Healing as their third stat as a defensive booster of their choice.

There are a lot of practical reasons for this, but I’ll save the reading as I’m sure its not a popular opinion when the game is like 90% Berserkers and its not likely to change anyways.

Posted by: Elendur.9342

Elendur.9342

I agree that seeing nearly everyone playing as a berserker can be boring, but you do realize that getting rid of ferocity would make things worse, right?

I mean, people go for berserker to get damage, crit chance and crit damage, if you merge precision and ferocity, or just give the crit damage a fixed value, people will go for power + precision + an extra atribute, that could be condi damage or thoughness or vitality or anything…

Or in other words, when you go for a berserker build, you are mainly sacrificing defense to get DPS, if you get rid of ferocity somehow, people will be able to get the DPS AND the defense…

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The problem is not precision.

It is ferocity.

Precision is nice to trigger sigils.

All ferocity does is make spiking much easier. “Just press 2” easier.

Ferocity should have never existed, keeping the base critical damage to +50%, and increasing it only with traits, effects and equipment upgrades.

Instead, a third defensive stat should be introduced. One that works against precision better than the other two, the same way toughness counters better power and vitality counters better condition damage. Something like “agility”, the higher agility, the lower is incoming critical damage.

But the most important part is changing enemies. If direct damage keeps working so much better against all enemies across the board, nobody will bother using anything else.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

ronpierce.2760

I agree that seeing nearly everyone playing as a berserker can be boring, but you do realize that getting rid of ferocity would make things worse, right?

I mean, people go for berserker to get damage, crit chance and crit damage, if you merge precision and ferocity, or just give the crit damage a fixed value, people will go for power + precision + an extra atribute, that could be condi damage or thoughness or vitality or anything…

Or in other words, when you go for a berserker build, you are mainly sacrificing defense to get DPS, if you get rid of ferocity somehow, people will be able to get the DPS AND the defense…

That would allow for much more diversity, actually (assuming fixed crit damage).
People would tend to go for 1 power source and 2 defensive, or Power source+precision and a defensive stat. That leaves the following options:

Condition damage+crit + Vitality/Toughness/Healing (based on how you feel your build settles. Such as necromancers might prefer vitality for death shroud, while others might prefer toughness or healing).

Same with power. Then the less common, people who mutli-role and take no defensive stat but can effectively hybrid with Power/Precision/Condition damage by taking a power weapon set and a condition swap, which makes them versatile at the cost of defense.

Undoubtedly it’d open more options than “3 offensive stats, stack them as much as you can!”

Posted by: funkyfuzz.9142

funkyfuzz.9142

They could do what some other MMO’s do and set up stats in categories, and limit the # of categories in each piece.

As an example, keep Ferocity in the game…but make it in the same category as precision (as far as gear stats go). and limit that category to one per item. so an item can have precision, or Ferocity, but not both.

This way people have to make choices, and those choices affect overall stat numbers. that is a much more natural, and flexible, way to limit stat levels. you will limit a persons ability to have both, but not really limit their overall ceiling.

With that system, you can increase your precision more if you want more procs from abilities that proc from crits, but your overall crit damage suffers. OR, you can go high in ferocity, but your crit goes down, so you turn into a burst damage build.

Other examples of pairs for stat categories could be:
Power and Condition Damage ( or even Healing to this one as well)
Toughness and Defense rating
Power and healing
Healing and condition damage, etc.

this way people would have to make choices.

(edited by funkyfuzz.9142)

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Remove condition cap, allow conditions to affect everything (towers, structures, etc.)

Theoretically, condition DoTs could then outpace direct damage, especially as it ignores armor, with the tradeoff that it takes time to do the damage.

It would be awesome to actually have a viable choice between both damage setups. Perhaps introduce another offensive stat linked to conditions that makes applied conditions more difficult to remove? So each condition would have a “resistance” to condi removal skills, and would then be the Precision equivalent for conditions.

At high levels of condition “precision” perhaps trait and utility condi removals wouldn’t work and ONLY the number 6 heal skill could purge them?

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

It’s way too late for this, as it would be a radical redesign of the game, but I don’t think armor should have had offensive stats to begin with.

As in, Armor in general would ONLY have defensive or support stats and then the armor would determine which defense/supportive bonuses you have. Things like toughness, vitality, boon duration, incoming condition duration, maybe endurance regen, etc.

and then all your offensive stats would lie in your weapons. And then you could choose a weapon that specializes in straight damage, condition damage or critical hits. (and could switch those stats when you switch weapons)

I mean, realistically, a pistol that gives me toughness and a helmet that gives me ferocity doesn’t actually make sense.

That would balance out the stats so that everyone has some defense and some offence, though you’d be specialized in a specific type of defense, and a specific type of offense.

Which is pretty run-of the mill for most RPGS, but since Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have elemental resistance/damage types or magic resistance, then it’s a little harder to have interesting stat variations in armor, but I think some new bonuses might mitigate that. Maybe Increasing incoming healing, or a crit resisting agility stat like MithranArkanere suggested. etc. Or maybe some funky unique bonuses that affect your playstyle rather than straight stats, like the effects you see on runes. Increased stealth duration, reduced fall damage, movement speed bonuses, retaliation on receiving a melee attack (like a spiked armor kind of thing), etc.

Then people who can handle zerky glassiness can take trait armor instead of defense armor that suits their build’s skills. But people would be taking different armor traits so it’d at least it’d have interesting variation. Like, if you had a choice between armored boots that increase your toughness, speedy boots that give you a 10% move speed increase or boots that reduced incoming cripple and immobilization duration, that’s a much more interesting choice than our current “pick three stats for your armor” system, in my opinion.

Probably would be a nightmare to balance, though.

(edited by Arioso.8519)

Posted by: Ezekel.6394

Ezekel.6394

Remove condition cap, allow conditions to affect everything (towers, structures, etc.)

Theoretically, condition DoTs could then outpace direct damage, especially as it ignores armor, with the tradeoff that it takes time to do the damage.

It would be awesome to actually have a viable choice between both damage setups. Perhaps introduce another offensive stat linked to conditions that makes applied conditions more difficult to remove? So each condition would have a “resistance” to condi removal skills, and would then be the Precision equivalent for conditions.

At high levels of condition “precision” perhaps trait and utility condi removals wouldn’t work and ONLY the number 6 heal skill could purge them?

The only place that condition removal matters is PvP and condi builds work just fine there. In PVE almost no mobs remove conditions.

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

why does precision need to be nerfed?

in order to maintain 80% crit chance, you have to give up a lot of power. sure, you’ll crit more often, but your crits will hit for less damage because your base damage is lower.

also, the on-crit procs pretty much all have a percentage chance as well. so there’s no way you’re going to proc them every single crit. then there’s also internal cooldowns on some of those procs….

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: funkyfuzz.9142

funkyfuzz.9142

why does precision need to be nerfed?

in order to maintain 80% crit chance, you have to give up a lot of power. sure, you’ll crit more often, but your crits will hit for less damage because your base damage is lower.

also, the on-crit procs pretty much all have a percentage chance as well. so there’s no way you’re going to proc them every single crit. then there’s also internal cooldowns on some of those procs….

I sort of agree with you. I don’t think its really an issue of Precision needing a nerf…what they really have to do is create the need for decisions in stats instead of having a “super DPS” set that has all the goodies with no downsides. first step in that of course, is making defensive stats worth it in the meta…but outside of that, making people choose between offensive stats like my concept (stat categories) would do that. no nerf, only a need to choose now…

Plus, with stats being more balanced across the board, they could reduce, or even get rid of in certain circumstances, the “chance” on proc. instead, you could have guaranteed proc, but you’d have to choose more crit over more crit damage, thereby allowing you more control of your procs, while at the same time reducing stat extremes.

this could even help in their efforts at balancing stats. In choosing, you are reducing your overall stat allowance. this brings down overall damage potential, and make defensive stats more viable (since mobs will take longer to die, etc.). All of this, and not impacting our ability to stack stats or specialize.

(edited by funkyfuzz.9142)

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

they’ve already nerfed precision before, I remember way back closer to launch when my warrior at level 30 had something like 95% critical chance

ronpierce.2760

Again, personally. I don’t think precision is a problem. At least it’s an interactive stat. Ferocity is a huge problem and should have never existed. Crit damage should have remained flat and adjusted base numbers accordingly to their taste. Ferocity is such a bland stat. It’s literally nothing but extra “power” when you crit and leads to some really awful glassy gameplay. (Especially in Wvw… really out of hand there.)

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Conditons are effected by crits, kind of. Certain classes (Off the top of my head, mesmer, warrior, ranger) have an inflict bleed on crit effect, and mesmers are getting an inflict confusion on crit which also inflicts torment when enough confusion stacks occur. Thus, high crit chance also boosts their damage via conditions. If you want to touch power crit builds without effecting condition or bruiser builds, look at ferocity, not precision.

Personally, the upcoming changes are making rampager gear look like it could be a viable option for my mesmer.

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

Let conditions hit structures (except for ones like WvW gates)
Give a whole bunch of mobs in the game triple armor values.

2 easy steps to solving all the problems.

And these are both extremely reasonable.

Both build types become extremely viable and there becomes many reasons to take a condition build over a power one.

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

This is just sad. People actually spend their time and effort worrying about ways to nerf sets they don’t even use lol. What is this really about? Are people actually upset that even when they run around in nomad gear, they actually end up doing some damage…forced group contribution? You do realize that there is no increase for those running zerk/assassins builds right? The only builds that are going to get a default increase are those that were running zero/minimal damage builds. I find it impossible to see a downside to this change. They are just making it harder for you to make your groups completely carry you…they are doing it in the best way possible…by increasing your default damage output when running zero damage builds. How can you possibly have a justifiable complaint about that?

Just for reiteration:
1. Zerk/assassins builds get no actual increase by the reallocation of stats from traits to gear/base.
2. Weak builds get a little more default damage stats…inspite of still running weak gear.

Are you really complaining about being less of a burden on your PvE instance groups?!? Its not like you can’t still role play as a healer or tank in any game mode. Its not like PvP game modes favor zerk/assassins at all…they still highly favor survival gear. How much of a crit % do you actually think baseline stats are actually going to get? 2-3% at most! That’s hardly enough to come to the forums nerf begging about. That’s almost nothing…especially if you are geared up in nomad with no precision on your gear anyway. I’m sorry, but this argument is pretty ridiculous. This stat reallocation was actually a smart and well thought out change by ANET.

You guys are just searching for something to complain about…complaining about mechanics you haven’t even seen the final numbers on. Nobody but ANET has any real numbers on how strong, or weak, alacrity is going to be…as the traits aren’t even announced yet. I’m just going out on a limb and assuming that’s what you mean by your exaggeration “super utility skills”. Its mind numbingly sad to see threads like this pop up with no actual basis in fact or even logic. Its even worse to see people jump on the bandwagon when someone comes up with this stuff.

(edited by ODB.6891)

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I don’t think precision is a problem, yes it scales a bit too much, but all procs are chance on crit, making it a double RNG… reducing crit chance would make these useless and I don’t mean just fire/air sigils, there are many other procs in game… I would be for crit reduction if all on crit procs would become chance on hit or 100% on crit

also ferocity isn’t such a big problem, as said, power builds have to invest to 3 stats to work, on the other hand, condition build needs mainly just condition dmg and maybe condition duration… that gives them a chance to be much more tanky compared to power builds…

but still, I would be for crit for condition, but it would require damage balancing… on the other hand, it would open more builds for condition specs and crit would also work well with procs for condi builds, it would also force them to choose between tanky condition dmg or more glassy condition dmg…

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

For DPS you need the build, the skills, and to make maximum damage you need POWER,PRECISION and FEROCITY.
If you know your rotations and are abled to buff up well some fights last 1 maybe 3 seconds…, you can be countered by blinds blocks aegis and will deal less damage while weakened, and your target can heal himself once.

For DOT you need a build, the skills, and to take maximum advantage of your damage you need CONDITION DAMAGE and CONDITION DURATION, TIME
And thus a survival mechanic, be it dodges/ active defense and/or TOUGHNESS for mitigation and/or HEALING for vampiric attacks or Healing (over Time)… TO CREATE your TIME

And PRECSION is still very much required for applications on critical…. be it from sigils/traits or whatever….
Fights last LONGER, due to the conditions needin to be stacked.
You can be countered by condition clean, requiring a full reapplication of the conditions, heals, blocks, aegis, blinds, soon by resistance, traits removing any chance of applying DOT…. Healing over time will make little stacks useless…. And you need a decent window of time to apply conditions….
Your 1 bonus is damage will remain until cleaned, forcing ppl to stay in the battle, sometimes forcing a kill even though you are downed…

Regarding high armor targets and DPS/DOT distribution:

Personally I find introduction of -way- more highly amored critters a good thing, It could be compensated by introducing a “cracked armor” applicable by blunt force weapons (hammer/mace) and explosions (bomb kit, explosive projectiles, Meteor shower), or by piercing attacks (make 1 attack in the auto chain pierce for some continued dmg) (daggers/swords/bows/firearms) allowing more builds and requiring a decent choice of weaponsets….

Of course this armor penetration should be applicable to the toughness rating, leaving basic armor and toughness normally applied. Maybe toughness should be halved or maybe temporarily removed…
first case would really depend on how much armor value you are running… A nomads character would lose about 600 toughness, a person with 2 pieces of cavaliers would lose ~85 toughness. any 4000 armor critter in the world would lose 1000 armor for a few seconds
in the second case you’d suffer glass armor for a couple of seconds. a 4000 armor critter would lose 2000 armor for a few seconds, and the nomads character would lose about 1200 toughness.. the person with 2 pieces Cavaliers would lose 170….

Cracked armor would allow normal DPS to penetrate armor for a limited time, Piercing would be specific for the attack only.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I disagree. The new trait system is the biggest power creep the game has seen.

…where? All i can see is a nerf to stats, and a removal of some builds (without making remaining builds any stronger).

Remember, they straight out said, that the base stat upgrade, and increases to stats on armor will only make up for part of the loss from removing stats on traits. Part. Not all.

You are not seeing here an increase in power, but a hidden stat nerf.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

…where? All i can see is a nerf to stats, and a removal of some builds (without making remaining builds any stronger).

Remember, they straight out said, that the base stat upgrade, and increases to stats on armor will only make up for part of the loss from removing stats on traits. Part. Not all.

How about the fact that a lot of traits have been buffed and that you can now take 9 minor traits and 9 major traits for a total of 18 traits vs the previous 14 traits?

Edit: In addition several traits have become baseline.

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I have to agree with you on the likelihood of a hidden stat nerf. Its extremely unlikely that there will be 300 power/precision/ferocity/toughness/healing power/etc redistributed between gear and baseline stats.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Ferocity would be a far better pick than precision for a nerf or removal as gear stat.
In any case, it would require a downgrade to 2 stat combiantions for every single PvE / WvW gear piece. Otherwise, the game would become quite unenjoyable for some players, as there’s no natural replacement for Ferocity.

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

The problem is not precision.

It is ferocity.

Precision is nice to trigger sigils.

All ferocity does is make spiking much easier. “Just press 2” easier.

Ferocity should have never existed, keeping the base critical damage to +50%, and increasing it only with traits, effects and equipment upgrades.

Agreed. Pre-launch, the devs mentioned that their intent for crits was primarily for procs. I always thought this was a great idea, but they clearly changed their minds (or just fail at maths).

When ferocity was being discussed, my hope was that the damage multipliers would be removed and that a crit would simply add your Ferocity stat to your Power stat. No more runaway damage multipliers, just simple linear scaling.

Using this approach, you could also allow condi crit = Condi Dmg + Ferocity. And if you really want to step outside the box, crit heal = Healing Power + Ferocity!

The fact is that multipliers create peaks in any optimisation surface, and unless all sources of damage (read: conditions) can benefit, they will never be equal. If Ferocity was implemented as above, they could have e.g.

• Close to Death: +400 Ferocity vs targets below 50% health

Now you have a trait that is equally valuable to both Power and Condi builds, but not in such a way that ‘forces’ you to cherry-pick all multiplier traits in order to do competitive damage.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

all my condi builds rely very heavily on a high crit chance. has op ever played a condi build? I love running condi builds in silverwastes (or TT) for husks, and am glad they will gain more viability in other areas. the removal of the cap is a huge buff and will make condi builds a lot more interesting.

please stop trying to advise ANet how to balance if you have absolutely no idea how current specs work (be it zerker or condi builds). My condi builds get a free defensive stat to make me tanky without sacrificing my offensive capabilities – of course they’re weaker than a full zerker, they are a lot more survivable as well. now if you were to compare a fully offensive condi build (with sinister) to zerker, and found your damage over time (without hitting stack cap) lacking compared to the full zerker, then I’d consider taking this entitled pouting seriously.

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Making conditions able to crit is a horrible idea, they already ignore armor and you can get stupid high condition duration with food. Besides they are making changes so to that you can stack over 25.

Ferocity and precision are not a issue, it is all other stats and the ai in pve. Why would you need any vitality or toughness when the mobs are so stupid you can just los them to death or when you can just dodge their 1 slow hard hitting attack?
They need to improve the ai and make mobs less telegraphed to encourage players picking defensive stats.
(the ai is abysmal – when you los a ranged mob it runs to you to get backs his los but then stays in melee range, never even trying to make some distance…)

In pvp/wvw they need to strait up buff healing power to make it of any use. Toughness and vitality are fine as is, it’s just that active defense alone can keep you alive if you play smart even if you are full berserker.

see no evil ,until i stab you

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Yeeeah, about that. :\

I’m hoping we see bosses stop being coded as “objects,” so we can crit on them. And for the love of sanity, get rid of Indomitable.

If they are so worried about the interaction with bosses and critical damage they either need to add more armor to them or have them have some sort of scaled debuff that either reduced the critical damage or critical hit chance. They are addressing indomitable though.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Does anyone run a low crit, high ferocity build?

Actually people do, not in pve but wvw/pvp cav/valky gear is used especially with builds using 100% crit under certain condition traits or intelligence sigil.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Making conditions able to crit is a horrible idea, they already ignore armor and you can get stupid high condition duration with food. Besides they are making changes so to that you can stack over 25.

You can gain up to 100% condition duration effectively doubling the original duration, but If you are full condition most of the time you’ll be stuck at 50%-60%, you can also buy runes of hoelbrak instead of sttrength, or melandru, antitoxin, or many others giving you when combined with condition reduction food condition duration reduction… up to 65%… If you are really afraid for an uncleanable amount of conditions…. this could be an answer. Or you could use sigils which remove conditions on hit, crit or swap, you could use traits to remove more then the noral conditions, most proffessions are able to clean a decent amount of conditions, you could use shout cleaning and if you do not have shouts : ask friends to join your party if they run runes of the trooper, Shout heal warrior build could be reinstated now we are no longer locked into stats….

Ferocity and precision are not a issue, it is all other stats and the ai in pve. Why would you need any vitality or toughness when the mobs are so stupid you can just los them to death or when you can just dodge their 1 slow hard hitting attack?
They need to improve the ai and make mobs less telegraphed to encourage players picking defensive stats.
(the ai is abysmal – when you los a ranged mob it runs to you to get backs his los but then stays in melee range, never even trying to make some distance…)
Even if telegraphs were shortened only a small group would be affected. The AI is not as powerfull as it should be, but I’ve seen some enemies sidestep my Meteor Showers, maybe a rework of the AI is a work being implemented

In pvp/wvw they need to strait up buff healing power to make it of any use. Toughness and vitality are fine as is, it’s just that active defense alone can keep you alive if you play smart even if you are full berserker.
Guess you haven’t ran present “healing/ support builds”

Staff water support Ele tends to heal a LOT `1000 HP every second, without regen, cleansing wave or geysers, or soothing mist, just from spamming 1…. AOE… in 240 range…. this is with delicous riceballs, the aquatic benevolence trait, and runes of the monk.
Also the symbol guardian tends to be an adept healer, providing heal with mace/focus on auto , skill 2, signet of resolve, or on staff, with skills 2,3,4…. *
*Both builds seem to be buffed quite a lot when the new trait system comes in, as shout heal warrior, even support necro seems viable, soon. most present meta builds are going to be viable as well, which is quite a demoton for meta builds…

All ofcourse combines with zealots, clerics tends to be the peak for healing builds but the lack of damage tends to be a problem… clerics mace guardian can have 2200+ healing power though…. 2490 even ith the correct food and stacks….
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNApdWl8ApTo1CxZI0ENRCBl5M+P2foFl4yA0AA-TxRDABO8EAMUJ4lq/E1+DZp8DgTBge6DIFAy6tA-e

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I read through this post but I don’t understand the purpose of these changes? Make the game less fun? take longer to kill everything? These nerf suggestions seem to be randomly thrown about with no intended purpose other than to hurt players who play differently than you.

The only thing that really needs to be changed at this point is condition damage. Condition damage scales terribly, has a much lower dps cap, takes longer to build up and requires more upkeep than direct damage. If you want to go about changing stats then you should be pushing to rework the condition damage formula to allow it to scale to at least the same point as direct damage, though realistically it should scale higher than direct damage over time like in every other MMO on the market.

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Some of you talk about pvp aspects or whatever. Dungeons and fractals are being overlooked how precision plays part in killing irrational enemies.

Do you want to add more time to complete dungeons?
Do you want to make GS war useless?
Trying to kill the PS war buff build that relies on critical hits?
Have you never tried omnomberry ghosts to steal 253hp to sustain in a high damage environment?

Nerf other things I dont care but this suggestion seems to not favor players at all.
Trolling much?

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Some of you talk about pvp aspects or whatever. Dungeons and fractals are being overlooked how precision plays part in killing irrational enemies.

Do you want to add more time to complete dungeons?
Do you want to make GS war useless?
Trying to kill the PS war buff build that relies on critical hits?
Have you never tried omnomberry ghosts to steal 253hp to sustain in a high damage environment?

Nerf other things I dont care but this suggestion seems to not favor players at all.
Trolling much?

Yes. Dungeons are completed too fast on average right now. Most enemies are made trivial and negligible by certain builds and setups. People is being rewarded without actually doing enough to deserve it.

Champion and legendary bosses that should last at least 5 minutes do not last more than 1. Elite enemies meant to slow down players are either killed in little time or merely skipped altogether.

The concept you mean with the word “useless” is actually what most people would not call “useless”, but “reasonable”.

Why would you take some other profession with you if some other one is so much faster that it takes way more?

You put all professions in line, make sure enemies in dungeons have varied setups so a single one won’t work as fast against all enemies on every enemy group, and there. Those with some semblance of skill may be faster than those that just can stack, spam, and maybe, just maybe, dodge here and there.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Nerfing Power build is not the way to go to make the other builds more apealing, you nerfing the fun of Power builds.

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Actually the possibility of Critbuilds that maintain 80%+ Critchance is a viable option in a lot of MMO’s… Only usually to get that high of a crit-chance, they need to “sacrifice” raw damage and sometimes a few of whatever their equivalent of traits is. The real problem is gear giving both precision AND power. Or rather, giving too much power AND precision..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Actually the possibility of Critbuilds that maintain 80%+ Critchance is a viable option in a lot of MMO’s… Only usually to get that high of a crit-chance, they need to “sacrifice” raw damage and sometimes a few of whatever their equivalent of traits is. The real problem is gear giving both precision AND power. Or rather, giving too much power AND precision..

Why is it a problem?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, the real problem is that going glass cannon does not significantly reduce survivability, but it certainly significantly increases damage dealt. There would have been no problem at all, if offensive, defensive and utility stats were balanced against each other. You’d need to make a meaningful choice then when selecting your stats.
Too bad that the system Anet designed doesn’t really allow for it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Ezekel.6394

Ezekel.6394

No, the real problem is that going glass cannon does not significantly reduce survivability, but it certainly significantly increases damage dealt. There would have been no problem at all, if offensive, defensive and utility stats were balanced against each other. You’d need to make a meaningful choice then when selecting your stats.

So what is your suggestion?

Should they make mobs do even more damage? Because many bosses already one shot people if they don’t dodge or block their attacks. Adding unavoidable damage to try and force people to build a certain level of defensive stats would just make naturally tankier classes like the warrior the optimal class for dungeons, and naturally squishy classes like the Thief or Elementalist be terrible.

Also I fail to see how changing the stat combos in any way makes the content any better at all. If people were building Soldier and not Berserker the content would still be exactly the same, it would just take longer.

I am all for more interesting and harder content but it is stupid to place blame on a stat combo as if that is a problem.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

a while ago i had the idea of removing 2 stats and linking them in a different way.

• ferocity
  • cond damage

the reason is simple, ferocity makes crit damage even more powerful, this makes any other build quite useless.
and since power lacks…well…power, i think they should distribute the ferocity stat with precission and power.

with cond dmg, it has become a moot point in the game.
cond can’t do crits, they lack severely in damage and are only used for small reasons.
to buff cond builds i would say remove cond damage and base the damage on power, this will not only simplify the game through stats but it will make power the main stat for base damage.

i know cond’s are armor ignoring but they lack the dmg normal attacks don’t, it just makes no sense that dmg affected by armor is allot more powerful then dmg that is armor ignoring.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It doesn’t reduce survivability but going nomad does increase it significantly. Even a gear with balanced stats (celestial) in conjuction with defensive traits is very survivable.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Why is it a problem?

The problem lies therin, that in other MMO’s that have “crit builds”, these build sacrifice raw damage. Let’s take a system where you distribute stats as an example. To reach high crit chance, you need to pour points into the stat that awards critchance, meaning you cannot pour as many points into the damage stat, and vice versa. Meaning building damage is an – possibly equally effective – alternative to crit build, and vice versa. In GW2, however, you get BOTH for the price of one. Meaning you get massive raw damage AND a high critchance boosting said damage to ridiculous amounts.

In other MMO’s you need to “skill” a passive that says “increase critchance by x”, which in return locks you out of another option. Again, in GW2 that has been “passive” by just selecting a traitline, and even that gets removed and said boosts put on gear.

And yes, as stated above, the fact that you can survive almost all content without taking any type of defensive stats is another problem, only that it isn’t much different in other MMO’s…you simply have selfbuffs/a buffing class/a tank there. #Trinity.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

how is it a problem that people can survive three year old content without having to use defensive stats?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes