Permanent upgrade extractor

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

We need permanent upgrade extractor for runes and sigils that’re difficult to obtain. At the moment price of one upgrade extractor on gem store is 250gem which is roughly 63GOLD!!. WAY TOO MUCH for an item that can only be used once. But I think everyone will agree to pay 2k gem for permanent extractor.

At the moment I’m nearly done with buying 6 Leadership rune which costs either 100 ‘’Crystalline ore’’ or 75 ‘’Proof of Heroics’’. In the future, when another update forces us to change our builds I would hate to destroy those runes since it costs so much currency to purchase.

What’re your thoughts on this idea fellow raiders?

(edited by Anka.5086)

Posted by: mari.6394

mari.6394

Not a fellow raider but yes please

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

We need permanent upgrade extractor for runes and sigils that’re difficult to obtain. At the moment price of one upgrade extractor on gem store is 250gem which is roughly 63GOLD!!. WAY TOO MUCH for an item that can only be used once. But I think everyone will agree to pay 2k gem for permanent extractor.

At the moment I’m nearly done with buying 6 Leadership rune which costs either 100 ‘’Crystalline ore’’ or 75 ‘’Proof of Heroics’’. In the future, when another update forces us to change our builds I would hate to destroy those runes since it costs so much currency to purchase.

What’re your thoughts on this idea fellow raiders?

I’d also love this. It let’s you experiment with different runes. infusions, stats, sigils.
Also the “But then they’d cut their profit on these consumables”-argument doesn’t count because there already is an INFINITE REPAIR CANISTER of all things.
Also it would solve the last problem of Legendary armor.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

yes please, would be perfect for legendary armor, but also weapons and build experimantation and class balance.
i so want it for so long

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Isn’t there already one of these in the gem store? I’m pretty sure that’s what it does, although it might also destroy the armor while it’s at it. Been a while since I looked in the shop.

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

Isn’t there already one of these in the gem store? I’m pretty sure that’s what it does, although it might also destroy the armor while it’s at it. Been a while since I looked in the shop.

The upgrade extractor in gem store is one time use only. And it costs way too much for consumable item. 250gem for 1 extractor which is around 65gold is not justifiable.

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Such a ridiculous cost for the item… Pretty much the only time you would use this item (or be forced to) would be to remove something like leadership runes… And i would be severely cheesed off if i had to spend 1500 gems to do that.

Posted by: Chessur.7326

Chessur.7326

The upgrade extractor in gem store is one time use only. And it costs way too much for consumable item. 250gem for 1 extractor which is around 65gold is not justifiable.

It’s actually 25 uses for 300 gems, which is less than 10g per use.

hornswroggle.8023

We are talking about the Upgrade Extractor which is 1time use
not the BL Salvage kit

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

Upgrade extractor is probably the most useless item in game. If they sold a permanent extractor I would consider purchasing one. Even then I would probably barely use it.

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

You’re thinking about the Black Lion Salvage kit, which destroys your armour. The “upgrade extractor” is an actual (way overpriced) item which is a one-time use to remove a rune/sigil from a piece of gear, without destroying the gear.

+1000000 to get an unlimited version in the gem store. Anet please! <3

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Would certainly buy.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I would pay big time to get that item.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

exactly. i would do the same.

the current gemstore upgrade extractor was design for the overly expensive infusions when they were thousands of gold in value. however, with the introduction of the infusion extractor, it has lost its function. there is no sigil/runes that is worth more than 250 gems.

introduce a permanent version of the extractor at the gemstore, OR, sell the consumable version in game.

i understand the reason of locking the infusion extractor behind HoT, as a bait for people to buy HoT, but you can also sell the consumable extractor in game at let’s say 50s each, locking it behind HoT can’t you, Anet ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Better idea: Create a Mystic Forge recipe that uses a full stack of a given Rune/Sigil to permanently unlock that Rune/Sigil for your account giving you unlimited uses of it.

Then make all Runes/Sigils salvageable into any of their base parts (including the rare/fine materials) so that the excess can be burned off the Trading Post once people start to get the ones they want unlocked.

Server: Devona’s Rest

hornswroggle.8023

Better idea: Create a Mystic Forge recipe that uses a full stack of a given Rune/Sigil to permanently unlock that Rune/Sigil for your account giving you unlimited uses of it.

Then make all Runes/Sigils salvageable into any of their base parts (including the rare/fine materials) so that the excess can be burned off the Trading Post once people start to get the ones they want unlocked.

um…. I don’t know about you but I’m not too keen on farming 25.000 crystalline ore just for the 3 times I want/need to change out my leadership runes…

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Better solution

- Legendary Rune unlocks (only logical place to have them as an unlock), by bringing 32 super runes of the type in question to the Legendary crafters, to infuse them into your legendary armor sets. Embeds into account meta-data, so it won’t require potentially large amounts of meta data since the armor is in pieces.

- “Rune Replication Infusion” Recipe for the Mystic Forge. Upgrades an Ascended Helmet with a Rune infusion (just the Helmet) which replaces the Rune slot, and overrides the runes on the rest of the armor set.
- Recipe: Created by Combining an Ascended Helmet, 6 Superior runes of the type desired, an Essence of the Scribe (obtained from Miyani), and an item crafted from a lvl 500 armor crafting discipline for the type of helmet.

- Concept: At a initial steeper cost, enables a player to switch between multiple rune sets by swapping just the Helmet. This is only economically feasible in situations where you’d need to regularly swap between 2 sets of runes under the same basic armor stats, and only really worth the cost/effort for difficult/expensive to obtain runes. Only requires an additional meta data flag for helmets to indicate how to treat the existing rune meta data for the item.
- Limitations: Is bound in the Helmet’s meta-data, and can be erased if the helmet undergoes a stat change in the Mystic Forge. The infusion is not mobile between armor types, which addresses certain concerns for runes which can be bought on TP.
- Pros: Doesn’t impact existing armor sets which already have runes, but enables more flexibility moving forward. Process also applies to Rebreathers, which adds some QOL to the few places where this is still applicable. (If you make an ascended rebreather, you did so with a purpose anyway). Doesn’t require an entire second set of armor of identical stats, which is currently the biggest hurdle to build swapping for Raids and WvW.

Short comings: Stat swapping the helmet destroys the infusion due to how mystic forge operates. Unsure if this is addressable, given how MF destroys the old item and spits out a new one to get the new item ID. But considering the cost difference for the convenience, its actually a minimal concern….. the price of 2 sets of runes and 2 ascended helmets vs 2 full armor sets.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Upgrade Extractor price has never made any sense. like 99.8% of upgrades are less expensive than the Extractors themselves. It’s a shame it’s existed this long without being fixed.

67.58 gold at this moment for an Upgrade Extractor.
Superior Sigil of Concentration is currently the most expensive practical Sigil on the TP at 49 gold, followed by 20g Sigil of Torment.
All Runes are currently below 5 gold.
Why on earth would you buy an Extractor over just buying the upgrade again?

They added Extractors for Infusions purchasable with Silver, which are outstandingly more expensive than upgrades. They could at least add extractors for silver that worked on Legendary/Ascended stuff if you don’t want to devalue Black Lion Salvage kits.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

LOL I came up with this idea and did a post about it once I heard legendary armors would be coming out. I can find the post but again yes it’s a good idea.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

If anet make it available from NPC or a permanent version… Sigils and runes will drop in price massively

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

If anet make it available from NPC or a permanent version… Sigils and runes will drop in price massively

Most of them literally can’t get any cheaper.

Posted by: GanjinChan.8365

GanjinChan.8365

I would buy a permanent upgrade extractor in a heartbeat, almost regardless of the price o_o…

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

in a game with limited end game goals, Legendary armor with its ability to change stats is going to be important for long term playability, so rather than extraction tools I would like to see legendary armor asap for all game types (and multiple sets at that)

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A “Gold-Fed Salvage-o-Matic” perhaps? Costs 1g per use, and functions similarly to a permanent Black Lion Salvage Kit, EXCEPT that removing the upgrade from an Ascended/Legendary item will NOT destroy the original item. Using it on Exotics and below still destroys the item (and returns Ecto/Dark Matter as normal).

To avoid making the Infusion Extractor irrelevant, the Gold-Fed does not remove infusions; only upgrades.