Personal Housing!!!

Personal Housing!!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Smallclaw.1650

Smallclaw.1650

I very much doubt there will be private rooms on guild halls.

The whole housing concept while interesting just boils down to the time you spend making your place.
How much time will you spend looking at it and enjoying? Very little. Hanging out with friends? Not much. QQ about adding more stuff and how everything is on the gem store and ANet “only cares about the monies”? A lot.

In short I think that’s a can of worms ANet just doesn’t wanna open so they don’t have to deal with the most ludicrous complains.

You’ll get guild halls with pre set upgrades that you unlock and the banners flying around, but I’m betting that’s it.

I will be spending a lot of time looking at it, actually, and hanging out there with the folks. So…

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

So when Guild Halls come, they’re going to be, what, a big boring room with some merchants? Those dissing the personal housing / Guild Hall combination, do you think we’ve been waiting as long as we have for a mediocre feature? Let alone, do you think something that is to be released with the first expansion, to lack any aesthetic?

I’ll bet my annual income that there will be options for every player – customizing the hall to look any way the Guild desires. It doesn’t have to have rooms, or be an intriguing bunk, it can be open and direct for those blase players who don’t care much for glitz. It should be able to suit everyone’s needs, whatever they may be.

As mentioned before, we have no way of knowing until ANet reveals information to us on Guild Halls; but if they didn’t add the option for making a hall visually resemble “personal housing”, then they’d technically be shooting themselves in the foot.

The biggest issue with that is what the name implies, It’s a Guild hall. So it isn’t a reflection of your style or creative outlook. Its the guild as a whole. And i don’t know about you but 3 out of my five guilds are led by 1 -3 people who i’d be my check is going to control all of the decisions on what going on in the guild hall like everything else that is force as group content.

Sounds like a gem shop golden fat cow scheme

Thats the beauty of the idea!!! It would be! But thats why its so enjoyable. I Look at the gem store now and its Consumable i don’t need, Weapons i don’t want, and skins i don’t like. Having another way of using gems would entice me to shop there more not only that but the more mundane things like boss head trophies, trees, pvp dummies, a lot of different nodes so on and such would make for just great game rewards and have me going back to old zones to get all of these things.

I very much doubt there will be private rooms on guild halls.

The whole housing concept while interesting just boils down to the time you spend making your place.
How much time will you spend looking at it and enjoying? Very little. Hanging out with friends? Not much. QQ about adding more stuff and how everything is on the gem store and ANet “only cares about the monies”? A lot.

In short I think that’s a can of worms ANet just doesn’t wanna open so they don’t have to deal with the most ludicrous complains.

You’ll get guild halls with pre set upgrades that you unlock and the banners flying around, but I’m betting that’s it.

I do agree with you with the idea that guild halls seem to me just like a instance the color of your guild that you build to have set upgrades which is boring and honestly mostly useless to me.
But if you think that is all a housing system is or could be you haven’t played a good one yet.
Just like time spend getting skins and legendaries the time spent making it perfect is what makes it fun and the best part about housing is there is so much that can be there that it could be endlessly tinkered with unlike weapons and armor skins which will only get to be so perfect for your taste.
You might not hang out with friends much there but the idea of having different harvest nodes, Jps, Raiding fights, dueling arenas , and Synergising with friends There is a lot of chances to have people over constantly and have incentive to go hang out at your place on top of the just social aspect of it. Not to mention setting it to public making for a lot of chance at fun just visiting to get ideas from others.

I can understand them not wanting to take on such a huge project. But Anet has always been about breaking the mold. Doing things that seemed difficult in their own style. And with the type of game Gw2 is, the way end game content is rewarded, and how their transactions work it is the beyond perfect platform for it and it would add so much meat to the reward systems all around.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: jonatanen.1568

jonatanen.1568

Hey

I have now read most, if not all the post on this forum, and would now like to give my opinion.
First I´ll say i´m for the concept of player housing. I have played both wildstar and LOTRO, both games with great housing. One of the reasons I think it would be a great feature is that it would add a lot of end-game, like legenderies, it would give you a reason too go out in the world and do stuff to get different things for your house. I have been playing GW2 for about 3 years now, and currently I feel like im running out of stuff to do. The main reason i log in every day is to get ready and play the next living story update. I think housing wouild be a great way to add a lot of lifespan to GW2.

I´m sorry if my english is bad.
Have a nice day ^^

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

just to show how housing can be done right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_Pu1U7tIM

So . . . you want a ugly version of the Sims? Um . . . no thank you again.

it’s better then GW2 has to offer so thnx for pointing out how ugly GW2 really is……

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You know, you lose all kind of credibility when you say Guild Wars 2 is ugly. And then you compare it to the video you posted as being better looking?

Come on now.

Whoa whoa now. That is not my view on it. You want to see it done right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyzcwRHcRQ

Now that is the video. And trust me its even better when you play it.

Still looks like a kittenized version of The Sims. Again, no thank you.

Gone to Reddit.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Yes to housing please.

Even if it’s just part of the Guild Hall.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

You know, you lose all kind of credibility when you say Guild Wars 2 is ugly. And then you compare it to the video you posted as being better looking?

Come on now.

One. You’re implying the sims is a bad game, and as like the 5th best selling franchise that ever existed that isn’t the case. And if you really think its just a version of that game you didn’t listen to that video at all. From stations, to JP, to dungeon portals, to eveverythi g in between done right it would take ever aspect about gw2 put your own person spin on it and allow it to be in your own personal space

Two your point doesn’t make any sense that’s like saying playing engi is just a kittening version of halo no thank you. Super adventure box is just a kittening version of Mario no thank you, personal stories are just a kittening version of final fantasy. While all those are true the comparison doesn’t make any sense. Especially when you don’t list positives and negitives of both systems.

And lastly. We got it. You don’t like the sims and you don’t like this idea. Not giving reasons and points isn’t adding anything to the topic. So there isn’t much of a need to reply.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I keep reading OP using the same “it’s perfect for GW2”. Why would it be any better for GW2 than any other mmo that has done it? Why would it be any better then playing any other simulation game that bank on just such features and develop them greatly.

And no, I don’t agree with your argument. GW2 has a unique dynamic combat system and team based tactics that still has room for improvement (which they are doing with the xpac). That is their #1 asset and advantage and what they should bank on. Actual content that keeps players playing and not a gimmick.

It’s just a waste of resources to build such a complex system and so much thought before even doing something regarding how they would add it without creating a mess. And as others have stated, they are creating a similar thing slowly in the home instances (which seems to be their answer to this).

PS: you cant blame people for not wanting to read all your walls of text, learn to condense your thoughts in a few sentences and separate your points.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Come on now.

One. You’re implying the sims is a bad game, and as like the 5th best selling franchise that ever existed that isn’t the case. And if you really think its just a version of that game you didn’t listen to that video at all. From stations, to JP, to dungeon portals, to eveverythi g in between done right it would take ever aspect about gw2 put your own person spin on it and allow it to be in your own personal space

Two your point doesn’t make any sense that’s like saying playing engi is just a kittening version of halo no thank you. Super adventure box is just a kittening version of Mario no thank you, personal stories are just a kittening version of final fantasy. While all those are true the comparison doesn’t make any sense. Especially when you don’t list positives and negitives of both systems.

And lastly. We got it. You don’t like the sims and you don’t like this idea. Not giving reasons and points isn’t adding anything to the topic. So there isn’t much of a need to reply.

Again, if he or (we) wanted to play the sims, I’d play the sims, anet doesnt need to introduce everything every other game has. GW2 is it’s own unique snowflake. Also, some of the said advantages such as crafting materials already exist in gw2’s version of home instances.

Also core parts of Wildstar are lackluster which is why it failed. The mmo’s gameplay felt primitive, specially when you have to fight for resources to complete quests, no smart quest log helping you to optimize your movements for quest completions. Horrible base UI and heavily reliant on plugins.

Personal Housing!!!

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ll make it crystal clear. I liked all the Sims games up to #4 which is trash. So your assumption is incorrect.

The point is if I want to play something like the Sims, I’ll play the Sims. If I want to play something like Guild Wars 2, I’ll play Guild Wars 2. I’m not interested in playing the Sims in Guild Wars 2 . . . which is what is basically being asked.

That said, I don’t need you or anyone else telling when or where to reply. If you don’t like my responses, feel free to ignore them.

Clear enough?

Edit: I see Lostballoon understood it clear enough prior to this response.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

housing has always been silly and pointless to me. gw2 isn’t really a roleplaying game imo. Wildstar devs invested a lot of effort into personal housing, and they did a fantastic job, but ultimately those development hours should have gone into something more meaningful.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I want to be able to build a tavern in one of the cities & have parties & activities & crazy duels & stuff happen in there.. But that wont ever happen i know.. why dont they do fun stuff to be apart from the other mmo’s?

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

Sounds like a gem shop golden fat cow scheme

Thats the beauty of the idea!!! It would be! But thats why its so enjoyable. I Look at the gem store now and its Consumable i don’t need, Weapons i don’t want, and skins i don’t like. Having another way of using gems would entice me to shop there more not only that but the more mundane things like boss head trophies, trees, pvp dummies, a lot of different nodes so on and such would make for just great game rewards and have me going back to old zones to get all of these things

But here is the thing, they won’t be game rewards if not the minority of the things you mention will be game rewards. The majority of it will be gem store items

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

The only thing remotely related to housing that I would want is a place to bunk in the guild hall. A second level dorm or whatever.

The players are at war with dragons, the last thing one needs to worry about is what colour wall paper to put up

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

No housing, that belongs to a Sims game, not an MMO. I just ignore that. They rather should add Raids and Dungeons to the game than such a boring feature.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Honestly never been interested in housing in any game. Even back in Morrowind I didn’t care. I found places to stash my extra stuff in a semi organized fashion. That was all it amounted to.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’d really rather ArenaNet developed more meaningful content than just The Sims 5.

But I suppose it takes all sorts.

TL,DR: Don’t like it, don’t want it.

Like what? What kind of meaningful content would you like to see that they aren’t already working on.

i think that’s his point. “i’d rather them keep working on what they announced than see any of those features dropped in favor of playing house”.

Quite so. In my opinion any content is “meaningful” when compared to either player housing or mounts.

What I meant by my original “meaningful content” remark was simply that I’d like to see more Living World, I’d like to see the LW iterated on further to make it even better, and I’d like to see ArenaNet not wasting their time on The Sims 5 and Grand Theft Dolyak when developing new expansion packs, and instead creating new zones filled with content that really tells a story.

game development is a zero-sum game. you can’t just have it all, you need to pick what you want to work on.

In which case, can I just drop in that I’d rather they worked on Cantha than player housing. That aught to keep them rushed off their feet well enough to keep their minds away from housing.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

and the only options for customization or improvement are cash shop options)

Not sure if anyone has adressed this yet, but it’s not true. Yes, there are the cash shop gathering nodes and such, but there are also things that have been the result of playing the Living Story. I haven’t purchased anything for my home instance, but I have a Christmas tree, crystal node, Krait obelisk, a candy corn node, and a belcher’s bluff station (can’t remember, there might be something I’m forgetting because I rarely visit).

What I would like is a free portal to my home instance. Maybe on a huge cooldown if ArenaNet is concerned about it getting abused to shortcut around waypoint fees. I’d simply like the freedom to port home at the end of any given game session, so I start off the next one in my home instance. It’s the only way I can see it ever being convenient enough to visit regularly.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Come on now.

i play ESO, that game looks far better and has more natural maps then Anet has ever made.
also, you have to live under a rock if you think BDO is ugly, the environment alone makes GW2 look like a really bad ugly duck.
and you think i lost credibility?……don’t care anyhow but still…..with such uneducated look…

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Smallclaw.1650

Smallclaw.1650

So when Guild Halls come, they’re going to be, what, a big boring room with some merchants? Those dissing the personal housing / Guild Hall combination, do you think we’ve been waiting as long as we have for a mediocre feature? Let alone, do you think something that is to be released with the first expansion, to lack any aesthetic?

I’ll bet my annual income that there will be options for every player – customizing the hall to look any way the Guild desires. It doesn’t have to have rooms, or be an intriguing bunk, it can be open and direct for those blase players who don’t care much for glitz. It should be able to suit everyone’s needs, whatever they may be.

As mentioned before, we have no way of knowing until ANet reveals information to us on Guild Halls; but if they didn’t add the option for making a hall visually resemble “personal housing”, then they’d technically be shooting themselves in the foot.

The biggest issue with that is what the name implies, It’s a Guild hall. So it isn’t a reflection of your style or creative outlook. Its the guild as a whole. And i don’t know about you but 3 out of my five guilds are led by 1 -3 people who i’d be my check is going to control all of the decisions on what going on in the guild hall like everything else that is force as group content.

Do you think every guild is like yours? You’d be a little naive if you did. Stop thinking about you and start thinking about the entire playerbase as a whole. Are all guilds led by multiple people? No. Are all guilds interested in the same thing? No.

If a guild wants to make their hall look like personal housing – what’s wrong with that? Just because personal housing doesn’t suit everyone, doesn’t mean the option shouldn’t be available. Not “Oh, I don’t want that! So nobody will!”

Lol. Let’s be real here.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Gandalf.3516

Gandalf.3516

(And as a note there is already ‘personal’ housing in the game but the system is very small, fairly out of the way, and the only options for customization or improvement are cash shop options)

I wouldn’t call the home instance personal housing at all. It’s not a house for one. You’ve got all kinds of random NPCs hanging out in it too, it’s pretty much a public area where anyone can go.

I wouldn’t call the various material nodes you can add to it customization either. Which means there’s no customization at all. However they aren’t JUST from the cash shop. We’ve had multiple nodes given to us through the living world, and you can also get some as really rare drops and buy them for gold in the market.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

I wouldn’t mind if they turned the player housing into some kind of floating Zephyrite balloon over Lions Arch if they wanted to avoid cluttering the ground with them. Like Wildstar. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind since they’re under the same company.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Gandalf.3516

Gandalf.3516

I wouldn’t mind if they turned the player housing into some kind of floating Zephyrite balloon over Lions Arch if they wanted to avoid cluttering the ground with them. Like Wildstar. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind since they’re under the same company.

That’s a really cool idea.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

There are amazing Housing in a lot of MMOs (wildstar) and Gw2 is the perfect platform for it and is something we should see (or hear about) sometime soon

I actually rather like the idea of more sophisticated housing. I’d enjoy that. But it’s not something you see in many MMOs and putting my personal preferences aside I don’t think it’s a big deal for most people.

Wildstar is an excellent case in point. It has amazing housing and the game was a huge flop. Other things are more important and they got some of those terribly wrong.

Rift is another, with even better housing. They had quite a successful launch (without housing). They added it later after they’d started losing players and its addition didn’t seem to help much.

GW2 was not a huge flop but there is definitely room for improvement in some respects and I think those would be a priority for ANet. I wouldn’t expect to see more done with housing until those have been dealt with.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Come on now.

i play ESO, that game looks far better and has more natural maps then Anet has ever made.
also, you have to live under a rock if you think BDO is ugly, the environment alone makes GW2 look like a really bad ugly duck.
and you think i lost credibility?……don’t care anyhow but still…..with such uneducated look…

ESO, natural? Lol it wasnt really ugly, but the world felt incredibly odd and… clean. Not to mention scaled completely wrong. Nowhere near the feel of Skyrim, more on the level of Oblivion. GW2 is a work of art in comparison even if lacks the modern fidelity.

Anyway, we already have a home instance. Is that not technically “housing”? Without more features its pointless to have “real” homes in the world like how Archeage does it. IMO a customizable sleeping quarters in the guildhall is a better idea and integrate more with the GW2 style. Easy to make instanced as well.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I hate when people troll others for wanting housing. They just want raids and things that we already have just more of it. Personal housing adds a wonderful role playing aspect to the game that I wish this game had. I love Animal crossing but if they could combine thatkind of housing stuff with this action game why would I want to log off?

Personal Housing!!!

Ardenwolfe.8590

I did not say BDO is ugly. I said you lost all kinds of credibility saying Guild Wars 2 is ugly. And now you doubled-down. While I’m not the biggest fan, Guild Wars 2 is easily one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever seen. Of all the things to criticize, the art isn’t one I’d point out as lacking.

At all.

That said, please don’t toss around the word ‘uneducated’ when you clearly show a lack of reading comprehension. Not a good idea to throw stones in your glass house, friend.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I don’t think this is the game for expansive personal housing options. As somebody said earlier in the thread, all the action is out in the world, and it’s clear that Anet wants as many people out there participating as possible. A housing system would be a waste of the devs’ already stretched-thin time, and I think you’ll find the reason they have never addressed this is that they have no intention of doing it.

See also: blunt instruments and deceased stallions

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I think Guild halls will actually be quite a fun option for big, busy guilds. I haven’t really spent too much time thinking about it though, because I suspect my teeny tiny guild of just my family members is unlikely to be able to achieve anything more than a cardboard box under a boardwalk somewhere LOL …does anyone know if trailers are going to be an option?

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Agrik.7465

Agrik.7465

So from what i’ve seen so far there has been no mention of any personal housing in The new xpac.

Quit reading after this very reasonable statement of the current status of personal housing….

Seriously, why do they need to mention something they have no plans of putting in place in GW2? If you love those other games for their personal housing, nobody is stopping you from playing them.

Actually people have been asking for this since before GW2 went live, a developer (Martin Kerstein) even posted the following to people’s querries on gw guru site back in 2011:

“It is helpful to take Eric’s full statement into account.

He mentioned that there will be no Guild Halls on release as we want to make Guild Halls a great experience and not just a “place”. We will introduce player housing at some point after launch, and at that time we will also implement guild halls."

So it’s not like people have had no reason for expecting player housing in GW2, some bought the game with expectations that it would be added (myself included), just not at release. Unfortunately the statement that housing would be added at the same time as guild halls may not have been realized (unless housing is included as a surprise feature in the expansion, weee!).

I’m still hoping for player housing here myself, but after years of waiting and with the presumed absence of player housing from the expansion pack which includes guild halls, my optimism/faith in player housing eventually making it here has taken a hit

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Tumavotinh.6325

Tumavotinh.6325

Own house in your personal home instance sounds awesome!

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You have player housing already. It’s called your home instance. Take human. If you are a noble, you have the big house that lord farren is in. Commoner, a room in the pub, street rat, your bed is in the ally. So you already have it. Just needs more options.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Like what? What kind of meaningful content would you like to see that they aren’t already working on.

How about fixing the existing bugs in game that have been here since launch?

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Personal housing would give a lot of choices to developers for releasing content, new crafting and quest (Living Story) rewards.

Thumb up for this suggestion.

Its really just that simple.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

Don’t need it, don’t like it.

Housing in general is a nail into the coffin, like it was with Wildstar. After all, the whole point of MMORPG is player interaction, not sitting in your instanced “home”. Plus we already have home areas in main cities, which could be visited for certain things you get for getting achievements/buying with laurels/gems/name it, that are not required in any way, which is okay by me.

Yep exactly. Housing killed off Ultima Online, EverQuest 2, SWTOR, Lord of the Rings Online and all the others. They all closed their servers almost immediately following the addition of this useless game mechanic.

Of course, its best not to mention how they also went on to add new crafting professions, new rare housing items to find in Raids and Dungeons (giving players a new reason to go there), and opened whole new market places to cater to the sudden surge in players building houses, plus giving players a whole new reason to log in to keep their rent going, thereby helping maintain healthy servers.

So yes, down with player housing! Boo!

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I really hope they add this feature to the game. I really feel that if they implement it correctly it could generate revenue and excitement for the game.

Obviously not everyone is going to care and they can always do something else. Will it take up some development time? Sure, but it also adds some well needed depth to Tyria. Plus, since it is primarily cosmetic it would fit the revenue model Anet has already implemented.

I mean right now we’re all just a bunch of homeless murders.

Personal Housing!!!

Cambeleg.7632

Yep exactly. Housing killed off Ultima Online, EverQuest 2, SWTOR, Lord of the Rings Online and all the others. They all closed their servers almost immediately following the addition of this useless game mechanic.

What? Sorry? Let me give a big laugh before replying…

….

… alright.

Now seriously, I hope you’re being ironic…

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Depends on what housing. If i’ll get another generic looking cottage, or mansion like in lion’s arch or divinity’s reach then they can burn that idea and lauch it’s ashes into the toilet for all i care.

BUT, if you give multiple options, like these HoT Itzel houses and villages, or asuran architecture, with ability to add pieces on as i see fit (and not just furnish fullly pre-made model that i have no say about), then “I’d buy that for a dollar!”

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: NagayaX.1904

NagayaX.1904

I would like to have a house. Even if it’s just in my home instance. Being able to decorate it and so on could be fun ^^, And the npc’s in the home instances feel so liveless and static. If they could at least walk around and say stuff it would be more immersive.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: SynAck.1967

SynAck.1967

Personally I dislike how personal housing is implemented in all recent MMOs, particularly the instance aspect. GW2 isn’t designed to do this better, for that reason I’d rather they didn’t even try.

Two of the better MMOs housing design was SW:Galaxies and Anarchy Online, imo. Placing your home, or guild town in the actual world and not some instance made it much more appealing,

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Honestly the reasons to not add housing are generally pretty poor. I appreciate the issues of dividing the playerbase, but its capable of being worked around in many creative ways.

It’s honestly the main reason I eye FFXIV and Old Republic even though I like GW2 so much. Hell, I love how Wildstar added more utility to them. And as such a cosmetic game already, why not add more ways to decorate?

Personal Housing!!!

Cambeleg.7632

Depends on what housing. If i’ll get another generic looking cottage, or mansion like in lion’s arch or divinity’s reach then they can burn that idea and lauch it’s ashes into the toilet for all i care.

BUT, if you give multiple options, like these HoT Itzel houses and villages, or asuran architecture, with ability to add pieces on as i see fit (and not just furnish fullly pre-made model that i have no say about), then “I’d buy that for a dollar!”

Of course, this is a must. Decoration related with every race, or the place where is located, should be bound in the idea. Obviously, there would be some generic stuff -not all has to be related-, but the potential is huge.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Need, need, need. need !!!

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Let me tell you my experiences with personal housing from games like UO, AC, EQ2, Aion, and I’m sure others I can’t think of.

Everyone clamors for it. Everyone gets so excited OMG we have houses! Day one everyone goes out, claims their homes, sits in it look around, oh boy I can’t believe how great! I have a house! Time to decorate! Spend couple of days getting house the way you want it to look boy this is so awesome look how nice! Invite friends over to see house, they come by ‘house is cool dude’ they say ‘come see my house’ they add. Ok you go to their house looks cool enough, mine is way better but I’ll keep it to myself.

Next day go back to normal play, dungeons, PvP, raids, whathaveyou, before logging out, go to house, look around yep same as I remember maybe I’ll move this chair, nah it was better over there I’ll move it back. Let me invite my friends over ‘nah I’m good’ they say. I hated them anyway. Next day log into house, look around, yep definitely like that chair there, no bones about it. Go about normal day, time to log out, this one time I’ll log out here by bank, it’s a bit more convenient. Log in, play game normally, couple days go by, oh wait my house, let me go back and make sure it’s still standing, yep there it is, you know what if I add another chair. I’ll work on that tomorrow.

Days, weeks, months go by, visit house once or twice, don’t care to visit those other jerk friends’ houses because honestly who cares about them they are all terrible people.

Play game normally, housing is a complete afterthought that game developers wasted tons of time and resources on for people to play briefly and then forget about except for the small % of RPers who use it to have tea and crumpets.

Your results may very.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Personal Housing!!!

Cambeleg.7632

Let me tell you my experiences with personal housing from games like UO, AC, EQ2, Aion, and I’m sure others I can’t think of.

Everyone clamors for it. Everyone gets so excited OMG we have houses! Day one everyone goes out, claims their homes, sits in it look around, oh boy I can’t believe how great! I have a house! Time to decorate! Spend couple of days getting house the way you want it to look boy this is so awesome look how nice! Invite friends over to see house, they come by ‘house is cool dude’ they say ‘come see my house’ they add. Ok you go to their house looks cool enough, mine is way better but I’ll keep it to myself.

Next day go back to normal play, dungeons, PvP, raids, whathaveyou, before logging out, go to house, look around yep same as I remember maybe I’ll move this chair, nah it was better over there I’ll move it back. Let me invite my friends over ‘nah I’m good’ they say. I hated them anyway. Next day log into house, look around, yep definitely like that chair there, no bones about it. Go about normal day, time to log out, this one time I’ll log out here by bank, it’s a bit more convenient. Log in, play game normally, couple days go by, oh wait my house, let me go back and make sure it’s still standing, yep there it is, you know what if I add another chair. I’ll work on that tomorrow.

Days, weeks, months go by, visit house once or twice, don’t care to visit those other jerk friends’ houses because honestly who cares about them they are all terrible people.

Play game normally, housing is a complete afterthought that game developers wasted tons of time and resources on for people to play briefly and then forget about except for the small % of RPers who use it to have tea and crumpets.

Your results may very.

Even when this is true in many cases, the point about housing is pretty missed when the company changes the Devs Team (as happened with LotrO, for example), and they ignored this tool of the game. Of course it’s mostly wished by roleplayers, but even for non-roleplayers, it can be a nice add.

In LotrO, where I have more experience, you could show your own trophies -earned in raids, crafted or found in-world- and to have access to a private vault space that many people did thank a lot to have. It just rolled down when Turbine refused to update the housing system for something more dinamic, giving more freedom to choose where to have a spot and where a certain item.

GW2, even leaving the RP side apart, can add personal housing without problem. Same you have actually the “racial spot”, you could have the house there, to place your fav items and customize it for whatever you want it. And trust me, if many people love to buy cosmetics in the game, housing would add a new layer on this point.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

They could really just convert the home instance into just a home in a instance. The issue with home instances is there is little to them, especially considering how big they are. They should make each home instance in the racial towns be based on the actions you have done in that races area, the more you explore, do events/quests, etc “upgrades” your home. Then ofc allow additions based on world events or cash shop.

It was odd to me, that a game that is modeled so heavily off of a cosmetic cash shop, that they don’t utilize housing more.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Given the potential size of the guild halls coming with HOT and the potential for things like walls, I’m hoping their will be room for members to erect at least rudimentary housing of some sort in open areas of the guildhall map – little buildings they can decorate as they see fit.

Beyond that, they really should do more with our current home instances. It feels like a real lost opportunity there.

Personal Housing!!!

Posted by: Meishua.3480

Meishua.3480

Personal housing is needed here. It’s something that I keep waiting for. But, Alas…. Ashron’s Call still pulls it for housing.. A good sized cottage will have its own dungeon portal, (nothing like your own dungeon) with three or more chests. Going back to AC now, just for that reason and the game play was and is still indepth… and now AC is free to play, couldn’t be a better time. It was one of the first MMOs and is still one of the best. Don’t mistake it for AC2, you want the original… Ashron’s Call.

Housing was limited in Everquest (instance) and somewhat better in Skyrim, until they nerfed the storage limits, it was non-existent in WoW, at least up until I quit playing. I have never discovered the “instance” racial city home here “in game”, but it sounds like Everquest’s where everyone uses the same door, and each instance gets a couple of items inside for storing… no trophy mounts or weapon wall mounts, etc.

If GW2 can do more with housing, it would be great. I’m not into having legendary(s) or expanding to the mists/fractals. And, cash flow limits my buying the newest outfit or mini, not that I would be interested anyway. I’ll be back from time to time to see and play some.

If they want to study housing AC is the place for both guild halls and personal apartments and cottages, decor items, etc. Not much eye candy there, but you get to use your mind, really use your mind, and you can set up attack macros. At least there I can get every reward or piece of armor in the game without someone else’s assistance…. its a solo’ers game and always was. Enjoy!