Personal story mastery points

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: liltree.4872

liltree.4872

Hey all,

Just trying to work towards some of the Central Tyria mastery points, and one of the easier options (for me) would be to get all the mastery points for the personal story. However, I completed the majority of my personal story before ever hitting level 80 (all but the last two chapters, I believe); therefore, I never received any mastery points for those chapters. Today, I figured I’d try to start the personal story on my second level 80, to see if I got a mastery point for chapter 1. Completed. Nope. Are these points pretty much completely inaccessible to me now? I already have the achievements for one of each chapter.

Help much appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

For the early ones, where it shows an award for each race’s story, you only get those once. So if you play through on a Human, you will not get them for a Norn (for example).

liltree.4872

Yes, I read that on the wiki. I only tried it on a second character because I never received an award to begin with. Because I did not have the mastery system unlocked when I would have received the majority of the mastery points.

DeanBB.4268

Those points were awarded automatically. Didn’t you have some mastery points right away? That was them.

liltree.4872

I have completed every single chapter of my personal story and defeated Tequatl and the Karka Queen, and I have a grand total of 6 Central Tyria mastery points. Certainly doesn’t add up to me.

DeanBB.4268

If your achievements panel shows you have completed those items, and the mastery points don’t add up, then contact support.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I have completed every single chapter of my personal story and defeated Tequatl and the Karka Queen, and I have a grand total of 6 Central Tyria mastery points. Certainly doesn’t add up to me.

I think that is easily explained. The HoT story rewards don’t go to the Tyria Masteries, but to the Maguuma. You get Tyria Mastery points for doing the Living World story.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Be aware, most veteran players completed the Core Personal Story before Masteries were implemented, so that would not affect the Mastery Points achieved. They were awarded retro-actively.

Perhaps, some screenshots showing your Core Tyria Mastery UI and your Story Journal UI would be helpful.

Good luck.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Hi, I’m a veteren player and had already completed all 3 Original Story pact lines and LS season 2 on my main account when HOT rolled around, I only needed a few more points on my main to max out tyria mastery when HOT released.

However, recently I went this route for an alt account. If I remember correctly there were somewhere between 4-5 red masteries for doing the original story.

First, you can get 3 from the 1st 3 chapters for 1 race only, after that, all other race chapters are void in terms of mastery points. Second, by completing the original story from pact formation through the end of victory or death you can get 2 more red points I believe, for sure 1 for completing Victory or death.

Once the story is complete, regardless of pact path chosen, you can’t replay the story to get more points., just for fun.

So essentially, you can only get anywhere from 4-5 from the original story.

Now, living world season 2 is an 8 chapter story with 16 points available. 8 you get by completing the 8 chapters once and the other 8 points you get by replaying with the same character or I beliwvw even a different character and doing all achievements. You have to replay this story to get those last 8 points as first completion is a prerequisite. The first run through is easy enough for 8 points, the second run through for achievements not so much.

All I can say, is plan very carefully what you want to spend your points on. I mean, if you aren’t a fractal runner, you don’t necessarily need full or any of the fractal line, but at the same time fractals offer mastery points and some of those skills you may find helpful. If you want to make a gen 1 legendary, you don’t need the 4th path of legendary crafting, but you do need it for gen 2 legends, so it’s really a balancing act towards the end with those 2 lines in terms of what you do, where you’re headed and what you can wait on.

Good luck!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

liltree.4872

Neglect this thread. I am clearly mentally challenged and spoke too soon.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

@Hazy: The Personal Story (Core Tyria) awards 8 Mastery Points, one for each arc (L10, L20, L30, etc. thru L80) per account.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Nice, I didn’t remember, just that I didn’t want to do it again, but desperately needed every point you could get from that story.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I wanted to get autoloot on my second account so I had to do some masteries.

I did:
Level 10 to 70 personal story (7 points)
Kill Tequatl (1 point)
Hidden Garden jumping puzzle (1 point)
Kill Skritt Queen (1 point)
Lion’s Arch Exterminator (1 point)
Kill 4 legendaries in Silverwastes (5 points)
Kill each head of Triple Trouble (3 points)

That’s 19, all you need for autoloot.