Please Don't Invalidate My Class (Again)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Not even worth the risk.

I’d say it isn’t worth the risk of running a group with an elitist like you to ruin all fun. Blocked in-game.

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

I play whatever class is fun, generally the underdog. Then I faceroll ppl like the OP who complain how kitten their class is. Good times…

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I’ve said it in another similar thread before. You pull your weight and don’t be a feline, you’re more than welcome in my party regardless of class. I’ve done runs with 2 rangers and 2 necros who’ve had far better skill than some supposedly “meta speed clear” fit outs. Good control / selection of pets (within the AI limitations) to benefit the party, such as sending them in at the right moments to get aggro, firing off their F2 skills at the right times. I’ve been with guardians who have had no idea what they’re doing, in some cases kicking them and replacing them with rangers and necros.

TLDR You’re always welcome in my party if you know what you’re doing, and don’t act like a prat.

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

The only reason I’ll ever kick a ranger is for using Longbow knockback willy nilly on mobs, even then I rarely kick due to the fact I say as we start “Please don’t use your knockback on the mobs ever” and mostly people listen.

Talking is a very wondrous tool to get your point across.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: AimEd.3519

AimEd.3519

Not even worth the risk.

I’d say it isn’t worth the risk of running a group with an elitist like you to ruin all fun. Blocked in-game.

People like to call the GW2 community a friendly one, but the toxicity and elitism in PvE is so ridiculous, i used to main a ranger but behaviour like Harper’s is so common and deeply engraved into that part of the game.

It’s really kittened up but no one seems to give a kitten.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The only validity any class needs is fun.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Raif.9507

The only validity any class needs is fun.

This is true. However, from my experience people who play Ranger have a fondness for using their knocback on cooldown messing up AoE’s and positioning. It doesn’t mean the class is bad at all, just that the people who play the class have a higher propensity for disregarding the fact that knocnbacks aren’t DPS. It’s quite annoying as an Elementalist to drop Meteor Shower → Frost Bow Ice volley → Glyph of Storms and have a Ranger knock it out of all 3 AoE’s because reasons.

Mesmers do this too.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You might be mad but he’s right. 8/10 rangers in my parties end up ruining things. Not even worth the risk.

Pretty lame of you, actually. My go to alt is a Ranger. I pride myself on never using the knockback skill (unless its against a wall and won’t move them), and to keep my pet on passive as much as humanly possible.

It’s a shame you kick potentially awesome rangers to replace with a potentially terrible player that drags you down just because they are playing a class you “want”. I’ve played with some terrible eles, warriors, guards, thieves, etc. that I would have gladly replaced with a competent ranger.

But, I suppose it’s your right to kick whomever you want if it’s your LFG.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Raif.9507

…(unless its against a wall and won’t move them)…

Just to point out, that isn’t the only reason people don’t like the knockback, it’s also because if you’re not removing a Defiance stack then the group lost the chance to use Deep Freeze which is a very long CC right at the start.

Just an aside.