Please Nerf Gold Adventures !

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Im stuck to level up masteries In Hot as getting the gold Adventure Points are Impossible with my poor internet connection ( not anets fault ) my poor isp , problem is i cannot level up my masteries because of this … Any chance of gold nerf or adding more HOT mastery points ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’re adding more mastery points with each living story episode.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not against adding more mastery point unlocks, but seeing as I’ve maxed out without having done more than 1-2 gold adventures, I’m confident that the OP can, too. I’m terrible at that type of game, so I just tried a few times per week at one adventure until I got silver, and then I moved on to the next.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’d say it’s not an issue. Personally, with everything maxed except raids (which I havent spent 1 pt on yet) I have atleast 20 extra green mastery points and don’t have gold on 3 of the adventures (Shooting, Fungus and Lava).

But, it really depends on what you’re working on or how you’ve spread your points up to this point.

Those 2 Mag masteries, Ley line and the other 1 that requires 12 pts can be daunting at first. And I can’t recall at what point you can start putting points on raids, but if you did, you may find yourself further in the hole than most players focusing solely on Mag masteries.

Overall though, there are enough extra pts that obtaining gold in all adventures is not a requirement for getting everything unlocked, it just seems like it is.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: GoldenPants.1870

GoldenPants.1870

It’s a pain, but it is perfectly tuned imo, salvage pit I got gold on my second try, hehe, but it is just to keep trying.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I’ve got gold on exactly two adventures, and not even silver on many of them (bad hand-eye coordination and reflexes). Despite that I have all masteries maxed (including 8 points in the raid mastery tree, only four of which I actually got from raiding) and have a few spare points.

Check your achievement log for points available outside of adventures. Living World Season 3 especially introduced a ton of mastery points that are doable, way more than the ancient magics mastery track requires. You don’t need any gold adventures and not even all of the silvers to max out your masteries.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Thanx all ill check my log n guides , i was under the impression you need to raid n get gold to max out masteries

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

They’re also requiring more mastery points with each episode. We’ll see how well the trend continues going further, but I’m expecting a point deficit in later maps. Might be paranoia talking, but we’ve been backhanded by ANet enough times to realize that the “extra” points in Living Story 3 might not be as extra as we believe.

Though, to be fair, I kinda don’t want to see the times nerfed, for as obnoxious as they are for glitch-ridden, untuned content. I don’t even have gold on most adventures, but I understand that some people want the special feeling for making gold. I’m okay with preserving that. Rather, Mastery Points ought to be moved to Bronze and Silver, and then never again considered for “toy” content like this. (Maybe Bronze, if players need to be coerced and tricked into “trying” them.)

And question for OP: Have you taken the dive into Dragon Stand? There’s a ton of mastery points there, and a run down the three paths can give you a huge boost in completing the core HoT masteries. It’ll be rough to get in, but make use of the LFG and taxi into the One Good Map, and you should be able to get a few runs per week.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Raids are a net bonus to your total mastery points: the raid masteries take 8 points to unlock, while you can earn up to at least 14 out of them.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They’re also requiring more mastery points with each episode.

In what new zone have we needed to spend more mastery points than they’ve offered in the zone?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

In what new zone have we needed to spend more mastery points than they’ve offered in the zone?

To clarify, I meant “more” as in “increasing”, not “greater than”. So far, Bloodstone and Ember Bay have been good for me filling out the last of my HoT masteries. I’m grateful for it. But seeing the escalating pattern of masteries has me worried that with the next map or two, mastery costs are going to exceed mastery payouts.

I might be worrying over nothing. I’m likely worrying over nothing, but ANet has made me wary with questionable design decisions in the past. So far, aside from raids masteries (a different thread entirely), I’m maxed out and have mastery points to spare, so I’m not panicking over it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Illconceived Was Na.9781

To clarify, I meant “more” as in “increasing”, not “greater than”. So far, Bloodstone and Ember Bay have been good for me filling out the last of my HoT masteries. I’m grateful for it. But seeing the escalating pattern of masteries has me worried that with the next map or two, mastery costs are going to exceed mastery payouts.

I might be worrying over nothing. I’m likely worrying over nothing, but ANet has made me wary with questionable design decisions in the past. So far, aside from raids masteries (a different thread entirely), I’m maxed out and have mastery points to spare, so I’m not panicking over it.

It’s fair to criticize ANet for past design decisions; it’s not really fair to criticize them for a design that isn’t actually in the game. I don’t mean that you can’t “choose” to worry about it, I just mean the original phrasing suggested that there’s an existing problem, when the opposite is true: ANet has given us more mastery points than we’ve needed to unlock the newer mastery track. Not only that, the new points are relatively trivial to obtain (with the obvious exception of the Chalice of Whining Tears).

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’m from Brazil and my internet isn’t best, in total I didn’t get gold in 7 adventures (of the 15 available), but still I’m at 173 mastery and I have 13 points unspent, so you can still get enough points to unlock everything with 0 golds in the adventures.

EDIT: There are 160 available points for a total of 124 mastery, so not being able to get gold in adventures isn’t an excuse. Removing 14 from Raids and 15 from adventures you still have 7 extra points.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

If they added many more mastery points to the new living story maps then I might be ok with gold adventures rewarding Mastery Points. But they really should have never put MP on gold. Only maybe bronze and silver.

Anet, please in the future if you decide to add more of these adventures don’t tie mastery points or anything related to real character progression. Just reward fluffy things like titles or something.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

I also maxed out, in order to complete Nevermore. If I hadn’t been making a HoT legendary I wouldn’t have bothered. This was without even bothering with many of the Mastery Adventure points.