Please help!

Please help!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Yuya.8590

Yuya.8590

Ok so I’m planning to buy the Ultimate for my friend from another country via my credit card. how does the installation process work for HOT? will it be on a CD because if it is then my friend from another country won’t be able to get it… Can someone confirm this for me please! like a mod or something.! How will she be able to get it? Do i have to give my credit card to her?

Please help!

Posted by: Yuya.8590

Yuya.8590

any mods who can answer this? please!

Please help!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It’s not on a CD. It’s a digital download.

Please help!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you purchase HoT through the official site, buy.guildwars2.com, you will be sent a key/serial code that you can forward to your friend. Your friend will then apply the code to their account, or create a new account (if they don’t have one).

Good luck.

Please help!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

There is a HoT Pre-purchase FAQ on the main Guild Wars 2 site. I believe it covers this question.

Edit: here’s the link
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027?_ga=1.152042737.991296289.1433068741

Please help!

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

It will be like any other GW2 purchase I would imagine, log out and purchase it as if your a new customer using your friends email, he should receive the game key, or you will see it upon purchase. Just make sure you sign everything up as your friend, his name, his email, his address and so on. Worst case scenario, you need to tell him the key code.

At least thats how I would imagine it should work.

Please help!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

One warning: Do not buy the expansion in the gemstore within the game if you want to give it away!

It is explicitly stated that buying HoT in-game automatically links it to the account you are on.