Please let us glide through Tyria

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Katre.1084

Katre.1084

Please, Please…… It would make playing old zones so new again….

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

It would be great. However there are some problems:

• The old maps aren’t designed with glide so you would be able to get out of the map much easier (a lot of work)
  • Jumping puzzles would be broken and would need to be “protected” somehow (a lot of work)

Maybe they will do it in the future but before that I would rather see SAB back.

Posted by: ProphecyWillow.5426

ProphecyWillow.5426

Initially I shared your beliefs on this. Gliding in Pact Tyria would be fun at first, and you are right it would certainly make the map feel brand new, but I can understand why the devs might be hesitant to do so.

If gliding were enabled in Pact Tyria not only would HoT players have an inherent advantage when it comes to the ease of traveling the map (which is something Anet is typically against doing), but also has the potential to make reaching some of the harder vistas easier to get to. Speaking from experience, I actually found it highly rewarding when I finally found the paths to certain vistas.

The normal maps also don’t have the same degree of virticality as the HoT maps, so I’m not sure that there is really a need for gliding.

TL:DR I agree it would be fun, but I don’t think we really need it.

Posted by: Amraston.2846

Amraston.2846

Is it so hard to understand that they just can’t do this? A map has to be specifically designed in a certain way to allow this – the old maps aren’t. You would be able to break out of the map everywhere, see empty locations which aren’t modelled, since you couldn’t reach it anyway before, cheese out events, jumpingpuzzles and mechanics, etc.pp..
They would have to build invisible walls, like everywhere, until a point it isn’t fun anymore. Or rebuilt all 34 (!) maps from scratch.