Please make Raids so stacking isnt possible

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shuzsie.9263

Shuzsie.9263

Please make the raids so that people cannot stack. Stacking has completely ruined the experience of dungeons for me as I do them for fun and because of the challenge and for no other reason.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Go watch the raid trailer…..

also fun and challenging dungeon ?

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

It is not, if you’re just sitting in one position and push the same 2 buttons mentioned in a dungeonguide.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If you don’t like stacking, join or make groups that advertise no stacking. People who don’t like the stack exist in the game.

Unless they change boons and condi cleanse ranges, meta groups will likely stay within melee range of each other. Literally on the same spot against the wall isn’t all that useful since they nerfed FGS. PUGs are just slower on reacting to the change, especially when the behavior doesn’t lead to wiping.

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

There are 9 professions and 10 raid slots. Not stacking is impossible.

It’d also be really annoying if you had a friend who happens to play the same profession as you and you couldn’t play with them because of some stacking rule.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It is not, if you’re just sitting in one position and push the same 2 buttons mentioned in a dungeonguide.

Sorry but none of the dungeons present any form of a challenge. Even without a guide, not that i’ve used them. A+ for effort though.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

There are 9 professions and 10 raid slots. Not stacking is impossible.

It’d also be really annoying if you had a friend who happens to play the same profession as you and you couldn’t play with them because of some stacking rule.

That’s not what the OP means by stacking most likely. OP most likely means everyone standing on top of each other.

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Suggestion:
1. boss hit 10+ targets from every attack
2. Boss randomly apply debuff on one target, that AOE hits all around target, so he have to run away or raid will die.
3. Mobs drop LooT, but don’t give XP, so you can’t do endless rally in boss fights.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

Please make the raids so that people cannot stack. Stacking has completely ruined the experience of dungeons for me as I do them for fun and because of the challenge and for no other reason.

This ^^ is what players that are either unaware of or don’t care about game mechanics say all the time…..

instead of trying to reason with you, which is a futile exercise to begin with.
I present you with a picture, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Enjoy

Attachments:

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Rizo.9534

Even on picture Ranger marked as BadPlayer :’(

latinkuro.7304

Even on picture Ranger marked as BadPlayer :’(

it is there to illustrate the stereotypical rangers that want to play the way they want, meaning max range pew pew. with no regard to game mechanics at all.

I’ve met some really good rangers as well, guess what, not a single one of them was like pew pew from max range ever.

Good players take advantage of game mechanics, eventually they naturally migrate into beserker builds.

Bad players don’t care to take advantage of game mechanics, and their primary excuses are:

“I want to play how I like to play”
“I want team play helping each other and cohesiveness”

guess what, that is exactly what stacking is primarily all about, team play, cohesiveness and helping your team

you can play your selfish way anywhere you like, just not in my group, know what I’m saying.

It’s not just the fact they are not beserker, it is their lack of understanding of game mechanics, while claiming they want team work (face palm)!

Attachments:

Rizo.9534

i hope you know, that sinester ranger doing much more dps, than berserker ranger(and keep 100% of time firefield under boss) and almost 2x more damage than bers warrior in 30sec window.

But anyway. ppl are searching for bers rangers…

Sad story.

latinkuro.7304

i hope you know, that sinester ranger doing much more dps, than berserker ranger(and keep 100% of time firefield under boss) and almost 2x more damage than bers warrior in 30sec window.

But anyway. ppl are searching for bers rangers…

Sad story.

Longer fights are not the same as short fights.

If you understood the underlying principle I’m trying to convey, you wouldn’t just zone in on the use of the word beserker !

I give up, this is a topic that has been discussed to death so many times and still some just don’t get it.

Why do I eve bother anymore.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

you do know, in other mmo’s raids do require stacking somewhere at some point, right? This isn’t a bad mechanic, as long as it is part of the bossfight and not some cheese way to LoS and break the fight.

I’d love for them to have a fight where someone gets a bomb on their head and blows up everyone next to him 3 seconds after tough :p.

The only thing raids need to avoid is that fights can be bugged/cheesed out

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Boon sharing, healing, quickness, alacrity, auras, venoms, stat buffs….

who would want those icky things?!?! stay away from me you filthy buffers! I’m gunna pew pew at 1200 range!

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Why is it so much more “fun” to stand apart and press 2 on your longbow than stand closer to each other and share boons, cleanse conditions, have common projectile defense?

Do you really want to take all kind of group support gameplay and have parties of 5 individuals doing their own stuff? Do you really want to manage incoming conditions, stack your own might, have your own blocks?

Maybe if you would actually step into some instanced place, you would realize that it’s not getting easier just by doing a group hug and smashing buttons. If you did that so far, chances are good that you were being carried hard by others.

Posted by: Torenn.2598

Torenn.2598

Good players take advantage of game mechanics, eventually they naturally migrate into beserker builds.

Bad players don’t care to take advantage of game mechanics, and their primary excuses are:

Your metric for good/bad players is a tad arbitrary. There are some awful players that run berserker builds simply because they’re better at Googling meta builds then they are at actually playing the game. It has little to do with actual knowledge/experience of game mechanics, and more to do with blindly following the Keepers of the Almighty Spreadsheet.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

The only thing raids need to avoid is that fights can be bugged/cheesed out

Quoted for truth.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

latinkuro.7304

Your metric for good/bad players is a tad arbitrary. There are some awful players that run berserker builds simply because they’re better at Googling meta builds then they are at actually playing the game. It has little to do with actual knowledge/experience of game mechanics, and more to do with blindly following the Keepers of the Almighty Spreadsheet.

I see you chose to ignore the part about “good players make good use of game mechanics”

Just pasting on full glass beserker armor while not understanding game mechanics is what leads to : “I don’t see how this full damage armor is better than my PVT armor, the boss touches me and I die” My PVT is far superior. Meta be [kitten]

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Stacking will always be a part of the game, I mean as others have said it lets others share buffs and pool their resources. But I hope that these new bosses and hopefully some of the enemies we haven’t seen will make it so players will be forced to spread out and separate from each other, or risk getting wiped, and hopefully it’s longer than just a second and then you’re all one big blob again.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Why is it so much more “fun” to stand apart and press 2 on your longbow than stand closer to each other and share boons, cleanse conditions, have common projectile defense?
….

Cause I want to see something of the game or at least the enemy. Instead I can only see the butts of my team in my face and bang my head on the keyboard … this is fun, indeed -.-

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

….

Cause I want to see something of the game or at least the enemy. Instead I can only see the butts of my team in my face and bang my head on the keyboard … this is fun, indeed -.-

That’s fine, but other people want to stack. You are trying to force everyone to stop playing the way they want, and play how you want through forced game mechanics. You can play how you want know, but don’t expect your way to be optimal.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Most of the problem with ‘stacking’ is that it removes the mobility aspect of GW2 combat from the game. While claiming that stacking ‘removes/devalues teamplay’ is clearly dumb, some people would prefer to have fights where you constantly have to move, reposition, scatter, respond to likewise scattered threats, and otherwise engage with the fight rather than “stand here – HERE, IN THIS ONE SINGLE SPOT – and hit your rotations, and we’ll all collect loot at the highest possible speed. If you have to dodge, do it, but then get your butt back to THE ONE SPOT as quickly as you can and pick up your rotations.”

That is what’s tired, boring, and not really any better than a trinity fight. if your stack has to move – if you have to try and get all that pooled boon sharing, healing, cleansing, whatever, while also dealing with, say, constant artillery fire or spontaneous magma pools or cleaving ten-foot axe strikes or Space Lasers or some other junk that heavily punishes STATIONARY stacking, you’d have a much better overall game. Groups coordinated enough to stack whilst moving reap the benefits of being awesome, but if you’re not that awesome you’re better off scattering rather than trying to force “stand in each other’kittenboxes in this corner and spam the everlovin’ hell out of everything you’ve got.”

People against stacking are not necessarily against teamplay, methinks. Not the reasonable ones, anyways. What they don’t want is the current bogus, completely stationary horse manure cheesefights wherein you may as well have roots instead of feeties.

Give us more opportunity to use our feeties, and we’ll be good.

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Most of the problem with ‘stacking’ is that it removes the mobility aspect of GW2 combat from the game. While claiming that stacking ‘removes/devalues teamplay’ is clearly dumb, some people would prefer to have fights where you constantly have to move, reposition, scatter, respond to likewise scattered threats, and otherwise engage with the fight rather than “stand here – HERE, IN THIS ONE SINGLE SPOT – and hit your rotations, and we’ll all collect loot at the highest possible speed. If you have to dodge, do it, but then get your butt back to THE ONE SPOT as quickly as you can and pick up your rotations.”

That is what’s tired, boring, and not really any better than a trinity fight. if your stack has to move – if you have to try and get all that pooled boon sharing, healing, cleansing, whatever, while also dealing with, say, constant artillery fire or spontaneous magma pools or cleaving ten-foot axe strikes or Space Lasers or some other junk that heavily punishes STATIONARY stacking, you’d have a much better overall game. Groups coordinated enough to stack whilst moving reap the benefits of being awesome, but if you’re not that awesome you’re better off scattering rather than trying to force “stand in each other’kittenboxes in this corner and spam the everlovin’ hell out of everything you’ve got.”

People against stacking are not necessarily against teamplay, methinks. Not the reasonable ones, anyways. What they don’t want is the current bogus, completely stationary horse manure cheesefights wherein you may as well have roots instead of feeties.

This about sums up my feelings perfectly.

Teamplay and having to remain in close proximity to each other for boons/other effects… sure, great. Definitely encourage that.

Having to sit ontop of each other in one spot for the entire fight and hit 2 or 3 out of 10 skills (most of which are the auto-attack) while being yelled at if you so much as dodge out of position… Not so great.

Dragonbrand

(edited by EnRohbi.2187)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I like this post. A lot.

However, there should be a way to punish players always ranging. Make 5 ranging man group as dangerous as five meleeing man group. A mix should be ideal as all professions can range and melee.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Hhahahahahahahahah lol..right.
Skip trash mobs..run run run..Stack here..oh yeah kick ranger’s or necro’s.
Ok buff up..now run past everything and stack here at boss.
This is how raiding is going to be with an added Fly to the boss at the end.
gg

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I expect we’ll still see fighting in proximity. I especially expect Might stacking to be imperative since bosses are going to have enrage timers. I certainly expect there will be a meta — whatever it turns out to be — and that deviation therefrom will be punishable by exclusion.

What we can hope is that there will be more of an emphasis on mobility and that stacking will be an intermittent thing, with variations on what makes one want to move from time to time varying at each boss fight. Oh, and there will be contrived, gimmicky mechanics as well as well-considered GTKOOH (get the kitten out of here) mechanics.

Then again, I also expect to see, “Raids are too hard!” right after they release (from one group) and, “Raids are too easy!” (from another group) sometime thereafter.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Two guaranteed ways to stop stacking:

1) Give all skills that grant buffs a range of 2000 units.
2) Make ranged weapons hit as hard as melee

Then there’s no benefit to melee over range. You just have to stay within 2000 units of each other. Boom. No more stacking needed.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Increase Damage Modifiers and Boons’ targets to include 10 ppl for raid. So that it increases the variety of professions can be brought into encounters.
I hope they put this in. If not, no <insert professions> will be extremely common.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I think it’s less on the stacking, but more on cheap exploits (looking at you ice bow) and vacuum dps. I’m sure this fight will be longer than 25secs leaving that dps dropping like a stone. My hope is only it doesn’t turns into Meta groups and builds and nothing else.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Yeah GW2’s PVE hasn’t really caught up with the times. I’ve played some recent F2P Korean MMO’s with better dungeons. The stacking/zerker stuff is really just blah.

Hopefully Raid Design is great.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I think it’s less on the stacking, but more on cheap exploits (looking at you ice bow) and vacuum dps. I’m sure this fight will be longer than 25secs leaving that dps dropping like a stone. My hope is only it doesn’t turns into Meta groups and builds and nothing else.

Yer avoiding exploits should be a primary concern and icebow worries me for hard burn phases.

The will ofc be a meta that evolves out of Raids – thats how people work against games. I dohope it’ll be more along the line of “bring high confusion for X fight” and “Y fight needs lots of high mobilty and stab” sort of meta – more themes to maximise and deal with than classes with rigid specs.

(edited by Coulter.2315)

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

OP, if by having fun you understand running around the dungeon like a headless chicken and dying all the time, then no. Been there with some randoms, never again. Stacking is there, because there’s a reason to be there. This is how the game mechanics works. Boon sharing and condition removal is team play and if you think you help your team a lot by running in circle and spamming 1 skill thats your own short going and honestly I dont want to have any of your “fun”. Now to be honest, none of the dungeons are that much challenging to begin with, but please try to do high level fractals without any stacking to see how long you will run them. Nothing personal, but I rather dont want to waste hours on something that can be done fast and effiently with people understanding how the game works.

Also if my memory serves right, where fractals are considered, my guild team never stacks on the actual boss fights. Exeption is Mai Trin. There’s a bit of stacking along the way, but honestly if there isnt any, one high lvl fractals run will take 2-3 hours, instead of only 1 hour.

If all else fails, try to advertise your own party. Im sure you will find others with lots of free time on their hands.

Cheers!

(edited by Rain.7543)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

My hope is only it doesn’t turns into Meta groups and builds and nothing else.

Raids are going to be an exclusionary nightmare that makes the current dungeon meta look welcoming in comparison, mark my words.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I like the part where standing still, mashing a couple keys, while mostly afk and barely paying attention became the definition of a good player.

Yay for logic, yup we’z gots it up in here.

Oh but mechanics … must not forget those. Standing still … the new OP mechanic, because it takes skill to not accidentaly fat finger a key that makes you move !

This thread
L
O
L

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

OP, if by having fun you understand running around the dungeon like a headless chicken and dying all the time, then no. Been there with some randoms, never again. Stacking is there, because there’s a reason to be there. This is how the game mechanics works. Boon sharing and condition removal is team play and if you think you help your team a lot by running in circle and spamming 1 skill thats your own short going and honestly I dont want to have any of your “fun”. Now to be honest, none of the dungeons are that much challenging to begin with, but please try to do high level fractals without any stacking to see how long you will run them. Nothing personal, but I rather dont want to waste hours on something that can be done fast and effiently with people understanding how the game works.

Also if my memory serves right, where fractals are considered, my guild team never stacks on the actual boss fights. Exeption is Mai Trin. There’s a bit of stacking along the way, but honestly if there isnt any, one high lvl fractals run will take 2-3 hours, instead of only 1 hour.

If all else fails, try to advertise your own party. Im sure you will find others with lots of free time on their hands.

Cheers!

I think he’s trying to say the game/dungeon design is flawed to the point where stacking is allowed and required, and he hopes raids do not have the same mindless and dull gameplay.

It was funny a decade ago, but more modern MMOs have long since stopped such garbage.