Please make new wvw map optional

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i know anet has been working a lot for the new map and i dont wanna be ungrateful, but the new wvw map looks like its going to be just like eotm.
as a wvw player since release i would like to ask if we can make the new map like eotm optional as it has so much pve and ai control that it ruins the whole feeling of wvw.
as a wvw player i dont care for chests or fancy rewards, my reward is when my guild zergbusted a map blob out of the map.

by adding more ai, more events a, more npc operated siege and traps, more ai influence and npc influence u take all that control a wvw player has away.

u make an ai trap pushing players off the cliff….thats pve jumping puzzle …id rather do this myself! build a trap at the right time at the right spot and then a few enemies get pushed off the cliff. woohoo that is giving me as a player a feeling of accomplishment. i dont need that simplified by ai.

u add shrines that give weird buffs…we dont need buffs cause the outmanning servers will get all ogf them and then dominate the other 2 servers for the rest of the week. also shrines are a pve thing again because u have to kill a pve boss that probably will give a pve chest. we dont need that because it will atract bots and pve farm karmatrains.

u add a bunch of npcs and stronger guards like in eotm. we are the defenders not the ai. they are currently there and i think fine as they are. a wvw player would rather fend off the enemy with self built siege which they man. with a well place cannon shot or a well placed trebshot…etc

the map looks too complex.
this is a big one that really bugged me in eotm already. the passages are too narrow and confusing. in eotm i get lost all the time because the map is to vertical. it also give trollbuilds an advantage over others because they can just spend all day pushing and pulling people off cliffs. like in skyhammer! the new map had those elements and they need to be removed as they are pve jumping puzzle parts and also rewards troll metas.
eotm also doesnt offer enough space fore epic battles to happen. too many pve elements are interfering. there are random cannons firing at u and random mobs all over the place. i mean imagine a zergbusting group. they rush into a zerg with around 15-18 players vs around 40-60 the enemy taggs a bunch of mobs mobs die the zerg rallies off the pve mob and then u are low health and som random ai pve addon hits u an ai operated cannon or some random mob or a pve boss etc… thats why most wvw guilds dont go to eotm.

a wvw player only goes to eotm to either
a.karma train
b. go troll the karma pve farmers
c. to level up a new class

for actual gameplay and fun we stay in our borderlands and eb

so please anet make the new map optional and give it to the pve players. if u want a new borderland map. simple is more is the key and remove all ai and pve from it. give the players more control.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’m excited to hurl other players off cliffs

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

I agree. Dont put pvp out of wvw, that make no sense. Let the bad design of your meta events in you pve mini maps. Let the “verticality” imagined by frustated devs that never managed to finish a Sonic die.

selan.8354

I’m excited to hurl other players off cliffs

that exactly one of the issues. it will lead to people only choosing classes with massive stability upkeep which favors of course the heavy and the GEWN meta will turn into a GW meta.. bu thats just one of the issues such a map creates. non meta classes have found ways around the wvw issue.

what concerns me is all the pve events and making taking a keep more of a pve event than an actual siege defense. all the shrines and jumping around turns our borderlands into a circus for pve farm trains.

instead of giving us more control over the keeps and towers in other ways, they replace all our control by ai control. so pve elements control wvw now not the players not our tactics not our ninja attack.

and worst parts are all the jumping puzzle elements. i always hated jumping puzzles in any game. i haaaate them. i think they are stupid and i needed to be portaled to every single one in this or it would take me like 2 hours to do them. now anet forces me instead of pvp going through this painful jumping….

Attachments:

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

selan.8354

if this was another eotm like map i wouldnt mind it so much, but this pve map is replacing our borderlands….please make eb bigger and increase the map cap cause once this map is forced upon us every true wvw guild will queue for eb. we hated eotm we wont like this map.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

if this was another eotm like map i wouldnt mind it so much, but this pve map is replacing our borderlands….please make eb bigger and increase the map cap cause once this map is forced upon us every true wvw guild will queue for eb. we hated eotm we wont like this map.

to be honest, the main problem with the eotm map is that it isnt wvw. Its not server based, the score doesnt matter.

i think people will enjoy playing with their groups and servers in new maps. The npcs, and buffs wont stop people from playing.

selan.8354

to be honest, the main problem with the eotm map is that it isnt wvw. Its not server based, the score doesnt matter.

i think people will enjoy playing with their groups and servers in new maps. The npcs, and buffs wont stop people from playing.

it will push everyone and his mother to go to eb as it will be the only real wvw map. if eotm was pushed to replace a current borderland map i would have quit a long time ago. this new map is horrible and nothing more than a jumping puzzle circus for pvers. its plain stupid form a wvw persepctive. it will not be fun and will push everyone that loves wvw away….cant wait for camelot unchained as it will be pve free!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they just need to make the score accumulate and count, then it will matter.

phys.7689

it will push everyone and his mother to go to eb as it will be the only real wvw map. if eotm was pushed to replace a current borderland map i would have quit a long time ago. this new map is horrible and nothing more than a jumping puzzle circus for pvers. its plain stupid form a wvw persepctive. it will not be fun and will push everyone that loves wvw away….cant wait for camelot unchained as it will be pve free!

You seem to be the type who doesnt really like change much. I think for most WvW players it will be fine.

Mostly it will be tricky when its new, after awhile people will know it pretty well, and it probably wont be that big a deal

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

“With introduction of more verticality into the map, are there thoughts to limit the fall damage?
Yes there is only really one area where you can fall to you death (area around the air keep)”

Source www ready up…

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Why would anyone want to play WvW when PvE is so much more fun? I mean, combat against other players pales in comparison to a good old hero challenge! I can’t believe I ever thought WvW was fun. I think WvW should just be another PvE map. I just hope the zergs are big enough to distract the mobs while I commune with some places of power. There’s just nothing better than that.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

(edited by Daddar.5971)

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I always got the feeling that WvW was supposed to be a bridge between PvP and PvE, hence players being able to keep their PvE equipment. This new map definitely has elements of that, but I think the real idea behind it is for players to use the environment as a weapon against other players.

As someone above said, there’s only really one place where players can fall to their deaths, so it’s less like EtoM’s do or die. It just gives players a few more ways to hurt their enemies.

selan.8354

I always got the feeling that WvW was supposed to be a bridge between PvP and PvE, hence players being able to keep their PvE equipment. This new map definitely has elements of that, but I think the real idea behind it is for players to use the environment as a weapon against other players.

As someone above said, there’s only really one place where players can fall to their deaths, so it’s less like EtoM’s do or die. It just gives players a few more ways to hurt their enemies.

erm plus all the lava plus all the random keep jumping stuff petc. u havent played the actual map yet but from the look of it it is mainly pve. and no wvw is not a bridge between pve and pvp. it is pvp and if u would be in a true wvw community u would know that. wvw is about battles not environment pve stuff. we dont need ai to do the kills and work for us. we wanna do it ourselves! we dont need a pve boss nor do we need pve jumping puzzles. all im asking for is to make this map optional so the pve community has their little playground to pretend to do pvp and we can keep the real pvp in wvw.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

phys.7689

erm plus all the lava plus all the random keep jumping stuff petc. u havent played the actual map yet but from the look of it it is mainly pve. and no wvw is not a bridge between pve and pvp. it is pvp and if u would be in a true wvw community u would know that. wvw is about battles not environment pve stuff. we dont need ai to do the kills and work for us. we wanna do it ourselves! we dont need a pve boss nor do we need pve jumping puzzles. all im asking for is to make this map optional so the pve community has their little playground to pretend to do pvp and we can keep the real pvp in wvw.

i think you need to play the map first. From what they said, the stuff that you refer to as jumping puzzle type stuff is optional paths.

And i think you are overestimating AI, only the lords seem to have any real mechanics.’ It does seem to be mostly about players controlling points to get advantages in the conflict, which can be eliminated by controlling the points.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

New map is whatever (though I prefer the alpine environment for its looks, but that’s irrelevant), but I agree with the OP about the buffs and keep rewards. It’s going to be entirely about server blob size and havoc groups only being able to take sentries. The alternate paths are not accessible enough and overly-punishing to attackers while overly-rewarding to defenders against small groups, and again, rather irrelevant to huge blobs, for the tactical location-based play by small groups to take big objectives is effectively going to be removed/nullified.

Vertical terrain and fall damage being part of PvP as a whole are two things I don’t think mix well. I’d say leave the damage to ~10% max health at the highest drops as a means of executing low-health targets making bad escape decisions, but not letting people fall to their deaths/land in combat at 50% hp. The air keep is going to be way too important.

I think I speak for most people in WvW in that we’re not interested in gimmicks or PvE elements; that’s what EoTM introduced, and it led to a terrible community, a very poor feel to fighting, and k-training around since the gimmicks lead to pointless and imbalanced fights more than any number of players with guard stacks can.

selan.8354

it looks like eotm and eotm is very very pve heavy and ai dominated.thats why i think this map should be optional. if people like the map after playing it and i mean the wvw core player base then yes implement it. otherwise leave it like eotm optional

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

phys.7689

it looks like eotm and eotm is very very pve heavy and ai dominated.thats why i think this map should be optional. if people like the map after playing it and i mean the wvw core player base then yes implement it. otherwise leave it like eotm optional

eotm’s current state has nothing to do with AI, every npc melts on contact with the zerg. eotm is the way it is, because nothing is at stake, and there is no server identity. No one has any reason or desire to defend anything.

anyhow, play the maps when they do the beta before you go crazy.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The queue for EB is about to get much longer

SBI

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

First, if you made this optional, that would spread players even more. The maps would literally be empty because as much as you already hate, there will be people who like it just as much.

Second all of your examples failed… I don’t see any jumping puzzles or PvE bosses, I see launch pads, lava that you can walk on if you control the fire shrines (no jumping), bridges made out of Asurans launch pads, and keep lords.

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Actually, WvW is a kind of PvE/PvP hybrid. Breaking down doors and capturing forts is entirely PvE if no one’s actively defending that particular tower and most zergtrains enjoy zooming through empty towers just as much as any other. Certain players and groups do nothing but spread havoc by capping poorly watched camps and towers. Those players are just as much ‘true WvW players’ as any other.

Further, at least three of your ‘jumping puzzle’ pictures don’t seem to actually involve jumping puzzles so much as they have different floor/ridge textures.

From what we’ve seen (which isn’t much), the map seems very much the ‘environmental weapon’ I spoke about before. Fearing enemies off cliffs and into lava, bouncing them back into crevices for easy nuking, sneaky portaling paths in and out of strategic areas. There also seem to be some wide open flats for straight up Zerg vs. Zerg. I suppose we’ll see the balance when testers start releasing screens and thoughts.

selan.8354

Actually, WvW is a kind of PvE/PvP hybrid. Breaking down doors and capturing forts is entirely PvE if no one’s actively defending that particular tower and most zergtrains enjoy zooming through empty towers just as much as any other. Certain players and groups do nothing but spread havoc by capping poorly watched camps and towers. Those players are just as much ‘true WvW players’ as any other.

Further, at least three of your ‘jumping puzzle’ pictures don’t seem to actually involve jumping puzzles so much as they have different floor/ridge textures.

From what we’ve seen (which isn’t much), the map seems very much the ‘environmental weapon’ I spoke about before. Fearing enemies off cliffs and into lava, bouncing them back into crevices for easy nuking, sneaky portaling paths in and out of strategic areas. There also seem to be some wide open flats for straight up Zerg vs. Zerg. I suppose we’ll see the balance when testers start releasing screens and thoughts.

in a wvw players eyes those are too complex. with the cc spam all these passages do is favoring classes with high stability! also yeah maybe your zerg zooms through empty towers but on the servers i have been on there were always fights. especially keeps. i zergbust and thats what i think is fun. the new map will tunrn wvw in a pve circus!
i hate jumping puzzles and i am really bad at jumping (unless drunk dont ask why) im good with fighting but the jumping for example in skyhammer they had those weird jump thingies and i hated it and it made me die a lot because in the heat of a fight these stupid obstacles are in my way!!
wvw still isnt pve at all as wvw is boring without players that defend. why do u think there are so many zergbusters around? cause its mass pvp and not pve! idont what kind of wvw u play but capping a tower has always been a pvp event for the normal servers.

is this a pve event for u ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmjL_jbN1jw

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I just want anet to cycle the maps, maybe even add another more simplistic map with almost no npc’s. For this map, after seeing it on ready up last month (looks good), I’ve been thinking of higher population caps too. Of course that doesn’t do anything for those servers where most of the wvw players transferred out of already. Only solution there would seem to be w+w vs w+w vs w+w hah

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

in a wvw players eyes those are too complex. with the cc spam all these passages do is favoring classes with high stability! also yeah maybe your zerg zooms through empty towers but on the servers i have been on there were always fights. especially keeps. i zergbust and thats what i think is fun. the new map will tunrn wvw in a pve circus!
i hate jumping puzzles and i am really bad at jumping (unless drunk dont ask why) im good with fighting but the jumping for example in skyhammer they had those weird jump thingies and i hated it and it made me die a lot because in the heat of a fight these stupid obstacles are in my way!!
wvw still isnt pve at all as wvw is boring without players that defend. why do u think there are so many zergbusters around? cause its mass pvp and not pve! idont what kind of wvw u play but capping a tower has always been a pvp event for the normal servers.

is this a pve event for u ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmjL_jbN1jw

You make it seem like all wvw players are brainless zombies… Nothing wrong with your opinion but don’t try forcing others to see things your way. Change is good, I only wish this map came a year ago when there were more ppt focussed players around to enjoy it.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

selan.8354

I just want anet to cycle the maps, maybe even add another more simplistic map with almost no npc’s. For this map, after seeing it on ready up last month (looks good), I’ve been thinking of higher population caps too. Of course that doesn’t do anything for those servers where most of the wvw players transferred out of already. Only solution there would seem to be w+w vs w+w vs w+w hah

this would be ok. i think so the wvw players that enjoy hte eotm style can go to the new map and the wvw playerbase that wants to fight and zergbust gets respected by anet by having a simpler map with no pve content.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

phys.7689

this would be ok. i think so the wvw players that enjoy hte eotm style can go to the new map and the wvw playerbase that wants to fight and zergbust gets respected by anet by having a simpler map with no pve content.

Its not really the pve you fear, its the more complex maps.

hidden paths, using the environment as a weapon. Success effected by controlling surrounding territory.

Its not really the pve you fear (which is minute) its the strategy, and the changing learning curve/learning the ins and outs of the land /territory.

The npc parts of it will not be any more of an issue than they are in wvw now.

even if they had zero npcs on the new map you would still be dissatisfied, because what you really dislike is mechanics

lava is not pve
falling is not pve
choke points is not pve
multiple paths is not pve
controlling certain land for benefits is not pve

these things fall under strategy/tactics

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

You seem to be one of those people that only look for fights with no real concern about ppt or server moral.

The new map is a lot more in-depth than you think, whether you want to believe it or not.
The meta is changing, more classes are goin to have access to stability and/or group stability ( you would know this if you kept up with the changes presented)
The new WvW map is a lot larger, and you wont be able to wp keeps like you have been able to with the new expansion.
Defenders,scouts,havoc, and zergs are all going to play a new role in the new wvw.

Keeping important objectives is going to be important

Actually thinking about where to hit and defend, is going to be important.

So as a WvW player to another.
Get ready to change or quit. Don’t speak for other people.
You don’t like the changes, you ( through misinformation ) think they are adding unavoidable jumping puzzles (LOL go watch the readyup) or making the lords hard ( cause 10 v 1npc is going to be difficult all of a sudden).

Honestly, the problem seems to be that you have made an assumption about the new map with no FACTUAL information at all.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Yes, it will. I know a lot of people and a guild that has already stated that they will play the shiny and new map, just to experience it, but won’t stay. It’s easy to predict the strategies of the new map. I quit about 9 months ago over the transmutation stone debacle that still hasn’t been fixed (how many of you have WvW or Karma gear with valuable runes/sigils in them still hoping they’re gonna fix that). I recently came back in anticipation of HoT, but I don’t see myself staying.

Just go to the WvW forums and read all the threads about auto-upgrading.

I myself love this game, but this map is kinda like a bigkittento the WvW community. The op has this down pat.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

phys.7689

Yes, it will. I know a lot of people and a guild that has already stated that they will play the shiny and new map, just to experience it, but won’t stay. It’s easy to predict the strategies of the new map. Just go to the WvW forums and read all the threads about auto-upgrading.

I myself love this game, but this map is kinda like a bigkittento the WvW community. The op has this down pat.

auto upgrading and the new map arent really related.

So what your saying is what the WvW community wants is just one big square so they can fight without having to consider terrain, no objectives that effect anything? Just large open plains where players can clash for no reason?

well i guess it has an appeal for some, if thats really what the whole WvW community wants, maybe the next map will be tailored with that gamestyle in mind.

Spurnshadow.3678

The new map is a lot more in-depth than you think, whether you want to believe it or not.

Yes and no. But really no. Eventually we’ll find the paths of least resistance to kill enemies or take objectives.

The meta is changing, more classes are goin to have access to stability and/or group stability ( you would know this if you kept up with the changes presented)

False. I keep up with the changes. The only thing I see so far is the Mesmer elite skill. No big deal as Mesmers have never had an issue with stability if they play a mantra build. Thing is, they almost never do, so still an issue. Necros will still have huge stability issues. It hasn’t been released yet, but thieves have huge issues with stability. So, yeah. Just flat out not true.

The new WvW map is a lot larger, and you wont be able to wp keeps like you have been able to with the new expansion.
Defenders,scouts,havoc, and zergs are all going to play a new role in the new wvw.

This is a poorly constructed sentence. You really aren’t saying anything here. “New” things are “new” and we’re going to need to do “new” things. I think I understand what you’re trying to say, though.

Go to the WvW forums and read many of the threads about auto-updating structures. A lot of strategy is being thrown out the window. Havoc will have a smaller impact due to ai. The new map encourages and promotes zerging. Large groups will run off an API clock centered around auto-updating.

Common man. Really?

You don’t like the changes, you ( through misinformation ) think they are adding unavoidable jumping puzzles (LOL go watch the readyup) or making the lords hard ( cause 10 v 1npc is going to be difficult all of a sudden).

Honestly, the problem seems to be that you have made an assumption about the new map with no FACTUAL information at all.

No, we have tons of facts. We’re able to predict strategies because we can form a better sentence than “Keeping important objectives is going to be important” and put a period at the end of said sentence.

Spurnshadow.3678

Yes, it will. I know a lot of people and a guild that has already stated that they will play the shiny and new map, just to experience it, but won’t stay. It’s easy to predict the strategies of the new map. Just go to the WvW forums and read all the threads about auto-upgrading.

So what your saying is what the WvW community wants is just one big square so they can fight without having to consider terrain, no objectives that effect anything? Just large open plains where players can clash for no reason?

well i guess it has an appeal for some, if thats really what the whole WvW community wants, maybe the next map will be tailored with that gamestyle in mind.

You are being insulting. Just because someone has real, valid concerns in the game doesn’t mean they want a big open square.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

phys.7689

You are being insulting. Just because someone has real, valid concerns in the game doesn’t mean they want a big open square.

The person said they dont want vertical elements, or chokepoints, or complex terrain. If they dont want a square, what do they want?

people in WvW forums i have seen have been asking for new WvW maps and mechanics for years, so what should that entail?

Anyhow i already conceded, if people really want that, thats what they want. If he and you are right and thats what the people want out of WvW, then maybe anet should provide it. It may bore me, but im one guy.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

The person said they dont want vertical elements, or chokepoints, or complex terrain. If they dont want a square, what do they want?

people in WvW forums i have seen have been asking for new WvW maps and mechanics for years, so what should that entail?

Anyhow i already conceded, if people really want that, thats what they want. If he and you are right and thats what the people want out of WvW, then maybe anet should provide it. It may bore me, but im one guy.

Im kinda with you, im not big on WVW but the new maps might actually bring me in to playing it, time will tell though.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

phys.7689

Im kinda with you, im not big on WVW but the new maps might actually bring me in to playing it, time will tell though.

Ive actually played WvW a bit. It was somewhat fun, but it was also somewhat monotonus. Some of the things about the map design seem like they may have flaws, but the op here seems more against the very idea of change, or complexity within the large scale combat part of things (Terrain, chokepoints, objectives with varying values, coordinated assaults, etc) With that as the main complaint, i dont see how WvW can ever improve or be varied.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Ive actually played WvW a bit. It was somewhat fun, but it was also somewhat monotonus. Some of the things about the map design seem like they may have flaws, but the op here seems more against the very idea of change, or complexity within the large scale combat part of things (Terrain, chokepoints, objectives with varying values, coordinated assaults, etc) With that as the main complaint, i dont see how WvW can ever improve or be varied.

I was getting the same thoughts, but because of my limited WVW experience(Mainly because my server is like..on the bottom of the tiers, however you find that out), i really dont know. But i do know that the the new map actually sparked a bit of interest in me to give it another try.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Yes and no. But really no. Eventually we’ll find the paths of least resistance to kill enemies or take objectives.

And so will the opposing team, but then you have the option of teleporting through lava, jumping down on a zerg from impossible heights, walling a zerg from its backline, etc.

Can you honestly say you can do these things now?
And can you honestly say that it will not add any new element to the way wvw is now?

False. I keep up with the changes. The only thing I see so far is the Mesmer elite skill. No big deal as Mesmers have never had an issue with stability if they play a mantra build. Thing is, they almost never do, so still an issue. Necros will still have huge stability issues. It hasn’t been released yet, but thieves have huge issues with stability. So, yeah. Just flat out not true

We havent seen thieves, so you cant really use that as any type of arguement. Secondly, from what I saw, necro’s are getting stability from there deathshroud, that’s huge. Especially seeing as how they had very limited access before. But we also come to fact that from the ready up, they DID say, there would only really be one spot you can fall to your death.
Though if falling to your death is a big concern, there is a temple that gives you no fall damage.
You know, the new buff they added that you obviously knew about.

This is a poorly constructed sentence. You really aren’t saying anything here. “New” things are “new” and we’re going to need to do “new” things. I think I understand what you’re trying to say, though.

Go to the WvW forums and read many of the threads about auto-updating structures. A lot of strategy is being thrown out the window. Havoc will have a smaller impact due to ai. The new map encourages and promotes zerging. Large groups will run off an API clock centered around auto-updating.

Been there, its the same group of people that said they can no longer wvw cause of the stability change.
The same group of people that are up in arms because fortitude and strength buffs are getting removed.
Then we have people in the actual game that honestly don’t care, plan to adapt, or look forward to the changes.

But you know that, you’re a smart guy.

Common man. Really?

Sorry, poor sentence structure is poor. Guess me and the OP need grammar lessons huh.

No, we have tons of facts. We’re able to predict strategies because we can form a better sentence than “Keeping important objectives is going to be important” and put a period at the end of said sentence.

Yup, we have been able to predict changes very very accurately so far.
Like the uproar people had about the trait changes
Like the very accurate predictions regarding EoTM

But, I’m so glad you noticed the grammar. That’s important.

I’m curious
Since you have tons of facts.
How much health will the new bosses have?
How important will the temple buffs be?
How long will it take to get from objective to objective?
What is more important to defend the lava or earth keeps?
How many backdoors into keeps are there?
How does the new siege work?
How do the new WvW ranks work?
What’s going to be the new meta when elite specs arrive?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

selan.8354

ok well u have played it a bit. i see your pov as a casual. many people didnt understand wvw. well but u also gotta understand where people that have played over 4k hours in wvw only. i played pve and leveld my first character. i did events but dont know much about fractals and dungeons eventhough i did do dungeon runs. i wouldnt be able to really give great feedback or understand your pve problems either…

well same here a wvw veteran sees the map and knows its pve dominated and too complex for what wvw is all about. for u u think oh its interesting… well u see it like that because u didnt connect to the game mode.

in spvp people want the map skyhammer also out for a good reason.

a wvw player doesnt want the environment to dominate the fights. ai seems to be dominating and the complex jumps only favors players that already like jumping puzzles they run with speed every day.
im honest i am probably the worst jumper in the game… took me 1.5 hours to do that weird jp in the asura place(sorry dont know the name of the map nor the puzzle). so yeah i dont wanna be useless in wvw because a stupid map dictates me how i have to play and how skilled my jumping is. im a skilled fighter/zergbuster and thats what wvw was for.

now anet takes a lot of that fun awya form us and turns wvw into a pve dominated area…. thats the problem. u dont like wvw? well stay in eotm then that map is perfect for pve players that dont really like the wvw part. and the new map can join eotm as an optional map.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Spurnshadow.3678

@ Solori

OK. Truce.

One thing, though, how has Necro gotten more stab? I’ve just double checked. They have one ability in Knight Shroud that give one stack of stability that lasts 3 seconds on a 20 second CD. That’s nothing.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

One thing, though, how has Necro gotten more stab? I’ve just double checked. They have one ability in Knight Shroud that give one stack of stability that lasts 3 seconds on a 20 second CD. That’s nothing.

It pulses 1 stack of 3 seconds for 8 seconds long.

EverythingOP

phys.7689

@ Solori

OK. Truce.

1 stack per second (3 second duration) on a skill with a 20 second cool down (in death shroud)
“Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability every second. You may shatter this armor to fear foes around you.”

phys.7689

ok well u have played it a bit. i see your pov as a casual. many people didnt understand wvw. well but u also gotta understand where people that have played over 4k hours in wvw only. i played pve and leveld my first character. i did events but dont know much about fractals and dungeons eventhough i did do dungeon runs. i wouldnt be able to really give great feedback or understand your pve problems either…

well same here a wvw veteran sees the map and knows its pve dominated and too complex for what wvw is all about. for u u think oh its interesting… well u see it like that because u didnt connect to the game mode.

a wvw player doesnt want the environment to dominate the fights. ai seems to be dominating and the complex jumps only favors players that already like jumping puzzles they run with speed every day.
im honest i am probably the worst jumper in the game… took me 1.5 hours to do that weird jp in the asura place(sorry dont know the name of the map nor the puzzle). so yeah i dont wanna be useless in wvw because a stupid map dictates me how i have to play and how skilled my jumping is. im a skilled fighter/zergbuster and thats what wvw was for.

now anet takes a lot of that fun awya form us and turns wvw into a pve dominated area…. thats the problem. u dont like wvw? well stay in eotm then that map is perfect for pve players that dont really like the wvw part. and the new map can join eotm as an optional map.

environment is not PVE, pve stands for player versus enemy
EOTM isnt WvW, because the players rarely ever fight each other, and you are not teamed together with your world versus other world

You are overestimating the importance of jumping, specialized teams will take advantage of the jump mechanics, if it was hard, they would lose half their groups trying to do it. This is why they have multiple paths. The new maps also have more roles for groups.

People will learn how to use the environment to their advantage just like they have with the current WvW maps. Which also has hidden paths, short cuts, and environmental advantages.

after a couple weeks the better commanders will know how to lead teams in the zone. After about a month, most of the regulars will know a lot of the tricks, then it will come down to the intellegience of the leadership, and the personal skills of groups to either deal with the enemies advantages, or eliminate those advantages.

And when that gets too cerebral, people will take the simple paths that have less counters for an open fight.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Isn’t it their new goal to shoehorn as much pve in to wvw as possible?

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Erm, plus all the lava plus all the random keep jumping stuff etc. You haven’t played the actual map yet but from the look of it it is mainly PvE, and no WvW is not a bridge between PvE and PvP. It’s PvP and if you would be in a true WvW community you would know that. WvW is about battles, not environment PvE stuff. We don’t need AI to do the kills and work for us, we want do it ourselves! We don’t need a PvE boss nor do we need PvE jumping puzzles. All I’m asking for is to make this map optional so the PvE community has their little playground to pretend to do PvP and we can keep the real PvP in WvW.

First, after correcting your post let me state, you’re quite mistaken in thinking that WvW in GW2 was not supposed to be a bridge between PvE and PvP…that was one of the thoughts that went into the design, which is why there has always been PvE elements to WvW. Did you know that data mined map from 2013, Fortunes Vale, was supposed to be the bridge between PvE and WvW? Do you know what you got instead of that map, EotM. As for jumping puzzles, I believe there already is a jumping puzzle in WvW…is there not? So ArenaNet isn’t adding anything that doesn’t already exist in the current WvW maps both EB and Borderlands.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

So ArenaNet isn’t adding anything that doesn’t already exist in the current WvW maps both EB and Borderlands.

Except that they’ve made the central goal of the new WVW map a fedex-style kill-ten-rats PVE quest…. worst map design concept ever….

downed state is bad for PVP

selan.8354

Erm, plus all the lava plus all the random keep jumping stuff etc. You haven’t played the actual map yet but from the look of it it is mainly PvE, and no WvW is not a bridge between PvE and PvP. It’s PvP and if you would be in a true WvW community you would know that. WvW is about battles, not environment PvE stuff. We don’t need AI to do the kills and work for us, we want do it ourselves! We don’t need a PvE boss nor do we need PvE jumping puzzles. All I’m asking for is to make this map optional so the PvE community has their little playground to pretend to do PvP and we can keep the real PvP in WvW.

First, after correcting your post let me state, you’re quite mistaken in thinking that WvW in GW2 was not supposed to be a bridge between PvE and PvP…that was one of the thoughts that went into the design, which is why there has always been PvE elements to WvW. Did you know that data mined map from 2013, Fortunes Vale, was supposed to be the bridge between PvE and WvW? Do you know what you got instead of that map, EotM. As for jumping puzzles, I believe there already is a jumping puzzle in WvW…is there not? So ArenaNet isn’t adding anything that doesn’t already exist in the current WvW maps both EB and Borderlands.

first off before being a smart kitten. english is my forth language unless u are fluent in more languages u might not wanna lecture me with your corrections of a forum post! so dont act like u are the boss cause u are neither my dad nor anyone ill respect enough to lecture me!

secondly yes there is a pve jumping puzzle far far far far away from where the actual wvw is. the eb jumping puzzle even got separated for pve players. the pve elements atm re around the actual wvw part and so they are out of the way. the centaurs, the skritt and all the mobs are not in the way of the actual sieging and battle fields.
even though i didnt like the bloodlust points. i dont mind them as they dont really interfere with our gameplay. they did in the beginning though as the buff was simply too much.

fact is wvw is a game mode that attracts a certain crowd of people. pve players get living story and i hope new dungeons and all that with hot. u guys dont need a new map as u already have a lot of stuff.. as a wvw player i dont own ascended armor, nor do i have a legendary. wvw is not rewarding enough but i dont mind that, because it will keep the brain dead karma/bot trains away.
i dont know how long u have been playing gw2 but i was part since prelaunch and yes when wvw was more rewarding and the kraits and skritt in wvw would drop better loot there were bots infesting wvw for months. we actually would go badge farming with the enemy server together and kill off bots over and over.

wvw is fun for us because we have contrlo and not the environment. yes its a numbers game but this also attracts zergbusting guilds . im sure t4-t6 have less action than what t2 and t3 have, but i like the fights and battles and yes i like beeing the underdog with less population cause then i can zergbust!

the new map changes 90% of wvw gameplay in favor of pve players and braindead karma trains. the new map will destroy wvw and force the leftover crowd to eb!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

selan.8354

environment is not PVE, pve stands for player versus enemy
EOTM isnt WvW, because the players rarely ever fight each other, and you are not teamed together with your world versus other world

You are overestimating the importance of jumping, specialized teams will take advantage of the jump mechanics, if it was hard, they would lose half their groups trying to do it. This is why they have multiple paths. The new maps also have more roles for groups.

People will learn how to use the environment to their advantage just like they have with the current WvW maps. Which also has hidden paths, short cuts, and environmental advantages.

after a couple weeks the better commanders will know how to lead teams in the zone. After about a month, most of the regulars will know a lot of the tricks, then it will come down to the intellegience of the leadership, and the personal skills of groups to either deal with the enemies advantages, or eliminate those advantages.

And when that gets too cerebral, people will take the simple paths that have less counters for an open fight.

what are u talking about? are u even playing wvw? what do u mean players dont fight eachother? we always always fight eachother. what kind of server are u on? we infact have a community ts we know when 1 map gets attacked and we all port over to defend. scouts tell us when a golemrush is on the way etc. i think u are on a very dead server or are being outblobbed by another server so much that the players only karmatrain. im in t2 atm and was in t3 before that and in both matchups we had great fights everywhere. often we even leave objectives to the enemy and prefer to fight against eachother than to cap the tower!

the current wvw maps do have hidden paths but they are not so complicated. and everyone can follow. the new map is eotm 2.0 and is a pve driven event map rather than a wvw map. eb will be queued to the max and the game will loose a lot of wvw players because eb cant handle t3 full map queues at the same time!

trust me every guild will check out the map and then move over to eb and try to stay there until map is made optional. it has too much pve elements and the environment is to dominant.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

phys.7689

what are u talking about? are u even playing wvw? what do u mean players dont fight eachother? we always always fight eachother. what kind of server are u on? we infact have a community ts we know when 1 map gets attacked and we all port over to defend. scouts tell us when a golemrush is on the way etc. i think u are on a very dead server or are being outblobbed by another server so much that the players only karmatrain. im in t2 atm and was in t3 before that and in both matchups we had great fights everywhere. often we even leave objectives to the enemy and prefer to fight against eachother than to cap the tower!

the current wvw maps do have hidden paths but they are not so complicated. and everyone can follow. the new map is eotm 2.0 and is a pve driven event map rather than a wvw map. eb will be queued to the max and the game will loose a lot of wvw players because eb cant handle t3 full map queues at the same time!

trust me every guild will check out the map and then move over to eb and try to stay there until map is made optional. it has too much pve elements and the environment is to dominant.

i said eotm is the place where i said players rarely fight each other, point being people do fight each other in WvW.

selan.8354

i said eotm is the place where i said players rarely fight each other, point being people do fight each other in WvW.

oh sorry i missread that one. yeah thats the issue with eotm and i fear the new map and excessive pve elements and ai in the new map could encourage such gameplay even more.

all i want is that the new wvw map is first made optional until the whole wvw community got to test and play it properly. beta is not sufficient as many of us didnt farm pve for a beta key. test the map as optional wvw map first and then according to wvw player feedbacks then decide if u make it a permanent borderland map… i can guarantee anet that wvw players will hate this map if they dont remove a lot of the complex pve elements and ai control they put in.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

all i want is that the new wvw map is first made optional until the whole wvw community got to test and play it properly. beta is not sufficient as many of us didnt farm pve for a beta key.

The beta key people farmed in PvE has nothing to do with testing the WvW map. There will be a separate beta/stresstest for the WvW map – and the players for this beta will be selected based on their WvW activity.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-wvw-desert-borderlands-stress-tests/

i can guarantee anet that wvw players will hate this map if they dont remove a lot of the complex pve elements and ai control they put in.

Since the maps will be tested by the most active WvW players (at least according to ANet), this remains to be seen. I however doubt that you can make any reliable statements on the complexity of PvE elements and AI control prior to playing on said map. I recommend waiting for the WvW beta to actually happen and form an opinion based on the outcome of the beta tests. I’m sure, based on your posts in this thread regading you being a true WvW player, that you will be selected to test the new WvW map.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

selan.8354

all i want is that the new wvw map is first made optional until the whole wvw community got to test and play it properly. beta is not sufficient as many of us didnt farm pve for a beta key.

The beta key people farmed in PvE has nothing to do with testing the WvW map. There will be a separate beta for the WvW map – and the players for this beta will be selected based on their WvW activity.

i can guarantee anet that wvw players will hate this map if they dont remove a lot of the complex pve elements and ai control they put in.

Since the maps will be tested by the most active WvW players (at least according to ANet), this remains to be seen. I however doubt that you can make any reliable statements on the complexity of PvE elements and AI control prior to playing on said map. I recommend waiting for the WvW beta to actually happen and form an opinion based on the outcome of the beta tests. I’m sure, based on your posts in this thread regading you being a true WvW player, that you will be selected to test the new WvW map.

they said that with eotm too. and honestly the new map looks exactly like eotm! and eotm is pve driven and has a ton of pve shrines and pve mobs. the preiviwe and trailers are enough to show that the new map is eotm 2.0. i can see already a ton of pve in it!

i was in eotm beta and me and others wrote to anet as a feedback that eotm was complicated and would favor ktrains because of the long distances u have to go just to get to your group and all the pve mobs and pve reward chests and also that all the pve elements were too much. now all wvw guilds that treat eotm as a joke! its a joke where we go trolling. my zergbusting group goes ther to kill pve scrubs over and over and over. we even spawncamp them and watch them cry and whisper to us that we were so evil and that they just want some karma.
thats what eotm is for us. we troll or level an alt up but we play serious in our borderlands and eb!
im telling u that this map is probably even worse than eotm because it has now even more jumping elements and places to troll and the meta will be only cc heavies that push people to their death and war/guard/revenent that have massive access to stability.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

phys.7689

The beta key people farmed in PvE has nothing to do with testing the WvW map. There will be a separate beta for the WvW map – and the players for this beta will be selected based on their WvW activity.

they said that with eotm too. and honestly the new map looks exactly like eotm! and eotm is pve driven and has a ton of pve shrines and pve mobs. the preiviwe and trailers are enough to show that the new map is eotm 2.0. i can see already a ton of pve in it!

i was in eotm beta and me and others wrote to anet as a feedback that eotm was complicated and would favor ktrains because of the long distances u have to go just to get to your group and all the pve mobs and pve reward chests and also that all the pve elements were too much. now all wvw guilds that treat eotm as a joke! its a joke where we go trolling. my zergbusting group goes ther to kill pve scrubs over and over and over. we even spawncamp them and watch them cry and whisper to us that we were so evil and that they just want some karma.
thats what eotm is for us. we troll or level an alt up but we play serious in our borderlands and eb!
im telling u that this map is probably even worse than eotm because it has now even more jumping elements and places to troll and the meta will be only cc heavies that push people to their death and war/guard/revenent that have massive access to stability.

how is the pve shrines in EOTM any different than the PVE camps/guards in WvW?