Please take a new bank snap shot for BWE2!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I personally have been collecting gear and been theorycrafting for the Revenant and I just logged into my old beta character.

The bank you open is the bank you started BWE1 with meaning all new acquired gear (and skins) are locked on your beta charachter. Can we please get a new snapshot?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

BWE2 has started, so if it hasnt snapshotted anew…it wont now

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

That’s how I feel.

I wonder, if we create a new character, will we get access to our most updated version of the bank/ wardrobe?

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

No bank reset means I don’t have the proper sigils to test out revenant.

/sigh

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

SADNESS! I just logged into Beta, after spending about an hour last night prepping my bank with a makeover kit, and making sure all the account bound gear/items that I wanted to use for this weekend was all set up and organized, and now I see that it’s still the same as I left it last BWE.

No makeover kit, no painstakingly crafted ascended armor. No hard earned ascended jewelry, and worst of all, no extremely expensive greatsword skin that was going to complete my truly badkitten Reaper.

/commence melodramatic sobbing

(edited by Kitty La Boom Boom.4065)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They might not have the ability to do a new bank snapshot without resetting the beta accounts. Which would be fine of they weren’t trying to test the mastery progression. Which is best done over the course of more than just a few days.

And testing mastery progression is better than everyone being able to find their builds for HoT.

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

They might not have the ability to do a new bank snapshot without resetting the beta accounts. Which would be fine of they weren’t trying to test the mastery progression. Which is best done over the course of more than just a few days.

And testing mastery progression is better than everyone being able to find their builds for HoT.

I get that, but I would not have made the time/emotional investment that I did into my bank prep if I had known they weren’t going delete everything from last Beta as it says they would. I could have spent that time doing other things..I know it’s silly, but I’m just really disappointed I won’t have that stuff..especially the Dreamthistle GS skin, that I spent a LOT of time grinding out the gold for. I could have spent that gold to raise up my crafting levels, but I really wanted that skin for this weekend. Oh well.
/end whine

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

I’m on the same boat as setting up my bank with gear I’m gonna use when the exp. goes live, to test out on the Revenant and Mesmer for this BWE2. That inc. HEAVY theorycrafting on two professions and their builds, both I intend to, or hoped to, us during my Guilds WvW raids. Sadly it’s all my stuff from the first BWE.

Pls ANet if you can, update the bank content for each BWE. I even poked a dev about this a week prior to see if you guys can tell us whether it’ll get reset or not but got no reply back.

I’ve already tested what I want from BWE1 with the stuff I have – and seeing as Idc for PvE and PvP, WvW and the Elite Specs are the only thing I’m trying out in these Beta’s. So now with the changes to the Specs. but with the same gear from last time…. I don’t personally see a point in beta testing the stuff I’m going to play as it’ll be half a**ed at this point, and I’d rather test for ANet something to the fullest of intentions than just breeze through it with the basic gear etc.

These Beta’s are optional anyway, plus I’ve already paid for the game – guess I’ll be skipping these and waiting for October 23rd.

*EDIT: Just to clarify, my bank stuff that I wanted isn’t skins etc. They are Ascended gear, proper and optimal food/consumables for specific Build synergy, as well as the Runes and Sigils to go with them.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

(edited by Brit.9726)

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Not to mention the lack of some stat combos and runes/sigils in the upgrade box.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

I get that, but I would not have made the time/emotional investment that I did into my bank prep if I had known they weren’t going delete everything from last Beta as it says they would. I could have spent that time doing other things..

You could have spend that time reading all the info we got BEFORE the very first beta weekend. They specifically said everything would carry over to the next beta weekend, which is this one.

They have never said they would delete everything and allow you to re-copy your bank this weekend.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

That’s how I feel.

I wonder, if we create a new character, will we get access to our most updated version of the bank/ wardrobe?

Nope, new character doesn’t make any difference.
I created a Revenant in the last beta, didn’t really like it, and deleted it. Today I created a beta guardian. I don’t have anything that I got on my main account since the last beta, and I still have the revenant blindfold and mistward armor skins unlocked and can use them on my guard.

Posted by: Yureii.4236

Yureii.4236

Please, for the love of god. I’ve been so hyped about BWE2 for Daredevil that I put all my thiefs ascended gear into the bank in preperation… Now that I can’t use it, I’m pretty sad…

Posted by: Imhotep.3850

Imhotep.3850

I get that, but I would not have made the time/emotional investment that I did into my bank prep if I had known they weren’t going delete everything from last Beta as it says they would. I could have spent that time doing other things..I know it’s silly, but I’m just really disappointed I won’t have that stuff..especially the Dreamthistle GS skin, that I spent a LOT of time grinding out the gold for. I could have spent that gold to raise up my crafting levels, but I really wanted that skin for this weekend. Oh well.
/end whine

I’m pretty bummed too, saved up a whole set of dream thistle weapons and a few other ascend/legendary goodies and a total makeover kit to test on a new Reaper I made only to find my old empty bank staring back at me I get that beta is pretty much more about giving feedback on new content and implemented changes rather than perfecting aesthetics, just a little bummed because I assumed we’d get an updated bank snap.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I crafted some runes that are account bound and can’t be sold in the TP. I really was hoping to test with them on because it would make a big difference to me if they worked well. A bank refresh would be great.

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I get that, but I would not have made the time/emotional investment that I did into my bank prep if I had known they weren’t going delete everything from last Beta as it says they would. I could have spent that time doing other things..

You could have spend that time reading all the info we got BEFORE the very first beta weekend. They specifically said everything would carry over to the next beta weekend, which is this one.

They have never said they would delete everything and allow you to re-copy your bank this weekend.

Look; I already /end whine (d). No need to rub my nose in something I’m already over. Yeesh.

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Not to mention the lack of some stat combos and runes/sigils in the upgrade box.

Yeah, the more time I’m spending on trying to create a build for my Reaper, the more I am missing the set-up I had prepared. I’m missing runes and weapon stats that cannot be acquired via the beta bundles (Giver’s +condi duration weapons, and the closest I can get to my Mad King runes is the Krait set, and that’s ok I guess, but not nearly as fun, lol Hopefully the additional poisoning and torment will make up for the missing birds). So yeah..I’m over the skins/makeover, but I’m seriously bummed about the build I had planned, but now can’t use.

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

Except ANet didn’t mention your bank content being cloned. Just that it’ll take place in the live game on your account – then we came to the conclusions that it would copy or use the same bank.

So reading up on info that isn’t there, that I had to a) ask in a Support ticket and b) poke a dev in game to find out, isn’t gonna help really :/

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU