Pls delete topic.

Pls delete topic.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

It’s my opinion that you should give me your stuff.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Paragraphs are your friends, and make reading so much better.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sorry to hear you were expecting a hard trinity. I’m not exactly sure why.

Good luck wherever gaming leads you. Good day.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Sorry to hear you were expecting a hard trinity. I’m not exactly sure why.

Well, Druid is a Trinity healer pretty much, something the game didn’t have before really (Guardians were poor substitutes) and some ‘tankiness’ has been added.

Basically, raids will be an abject failure if they are attempted with the chaotic non-trinity ‘zerk or die’ group setup- GW2 has had so far.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

u are talking about 1 of 4 encounters only in the first wing of three raid wings and only your day one experience...u cant be serious.

have u ever thought about why builds become meta? maybe because they are the best at doing what they are supposed to do! how many people were running crowd control before raids? both soft and hard cc are required for the encounters. you also need coordination and heals...yes heal, if u do it with a dedicated healer or zerker meta player blasting a water field they are heals. this sounds like you were simply to bad to beat the first boss in the raid intime until the mechanic "enrage timer" wipes you. you know that most people who have beaten the first bosses had a dedicated healer and tank? where the damage comes from you ask? maybe their dpsers had better dps uptime because they didnt get downed by anything and maximised their damage potential for the encounter while still being able to overcome the mechanics. its day one. simply learn the mechanics and enjoy... this is far better than anything we have ever seen.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

But no they had to turn this into a 10 minutes farm killing any hope of playong the game as you feel like.

I don’t think you know what a farm is.

I am sorry but i do not like the meta zerker i do not feel like being a class cannon so i guess this is it for me i have no more role in this game and this game is no longer for me….. why would i play a game that forces me to play as something i do not like in order to have a chance at the content i payd for? Fell free to share your opinions.

You don’t have to be.

Yeah sorry i was writing this from my phone had no ideea how long the post was or how it looked like i just shared my feelings

Well ok, I was going to not read it given the lack of paragraphs, horrible spell and grammar but if it was one your phone…
I’m pretty much with:

u are talking about 1 of 4 encounters only in the first wing of three raid wings and only your day one experience…u cant be serious.

have u ever thought about why builds become meta? maybe because they are the best at doing what they are supposed to do! how many people were running crowd control before raids? both soft and hard cc are required for the encounters. you also need coordination and heals…yes heal, if u do it with a dedicated healer or zerker meta player blasting a water field they are heals. this sounds like you were simply to bad to beat the first boss in the raid intime until the mechanic “enrage timer” wipes you. you know that most people who have beaten the first bosses had a dedicated healer and tank? where the damage comes from you ask? maybe their dpsers had better dps uptime because they didnt get downed by anything and maximised their damage potential for the encounter while still being able to overcome the mechanics. its day one. simply learn the mechanics and enjoy… this is far better than anything we have ever seen.

This seems to be my thinking. You can’t judge the raid based on a single boss, the first boss which has by ANet been described as being the easiest.
That said, given that I don’t know about your group composition and the builds they used any number of things could have gone wrong.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Paragraphs are your friends, and make reading so much better.

that’s probably why he couldn’t beat the first boss…paragraphs are not great dps

Anyway some tankiness is needed, as some healing, but the most important thing, that was there already in the “zerker meta” is that the support comes first. Yes. The real builds are the utility and traits, then comes the damage, and in this latter case go full damage is just the safest bet untill you get better. Enrage timer is what keep the attention to the max but you won’t go far unless you know to position, to strip boons, do deal also condi damage, to cc, etc etc

THAT is challenging content we asked, where ACTIVE PLAY dictates the success, NOT the PASSIVE stat and going full “trololo 4k toughness you cant kill me”.
My 2 copperz.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Well yesterday me and my friends in the guild went into the raids with our hope at this being the hardest content ever. We were rdy we had a tank a healer a couple of dps guys and some condis thinking a raid will be a hard boss with hard game mechanics. The first 3 elites were amazing each one with its thing wow good job there Anet. Then the boss ……. 8 minutes on the clock…… let me just say that the ppl who actualy did this they did it with 4 meta condi engis and zerker metas other classes….
(…)
Does this sounds like a raid to you?
(…) For me it sounds like a dungeon with no corners for stacking. The raids were suposed to be the thing that would redeam the game from being called bug wars or stack in corner number 1. Yes the timer makes it chalanging i get it. But i was not looking for a race against time as i was looking for a hard boss with hard mechanics who would break the meta zerker reign. Should we understand that this is the way Anet controls the market? Or should we understand that the game is not fallowing the things they sayd in the manifesto trailer a few years ago.
(…)
I am sorry to say this but the new direction in wich everything became a farm and all this new meta….
(…)
i mean we were suposed to play each class as we wanted… i would love to be a tank for my team kiting the boss while the dps guys do what they are suposed to do and while a healer will keep me alive. That would be fun and make ppl feel better about raids. But no they had to turn this into a 10 minutes farm killing any hope of playong the game as you feel like.
(…)
why would i play a game that forces me to play as something i do not like in order to have a chance at the content i payd for? Fell free to share your opinions.

I am not sure about what exactely your rant is.

Did you fail killing the Vale Guardian and you are venting here or do you think it was too easy because you already killed him (then: GZ to your “world first”, as the one from DnT does not count).

A raid is, in my opinion, about a group of people (10 or more) who want to play together as a team to overcome a challenge. Which means, that not every individual can play as he/or she wants but should play how the team wants/needs it to overcome the encounter. Which means that sometimes a player has to go out of his/her “comfort zone”.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

i dont know.
Anet create a content that 95% of people cannot do it.
the whole concept of raid is how to begging people to let me join their group for new content.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

What raid?
I’m Farming my face off.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Sounds more like you’re frustrated that people are being people and found a way to cheese it.

That’s inevitable and if you let that bother you, no online game will be enjoyable.

If it’s truly too cheesy, Anet will take care of it to some extent. But you can’t expect them to destroy the game over it either. It’s a balance.

It’s the nature of many a gamer to find the cheesiest way to do something and build around that.

That’s where your meta comes from.

If you got through the elites initially with your team composition, it’s adequate. 8mins should be enough. Sounds like you had a fail at the split.

Greens a real kitten, you want your more tanky characters (armor wise) on green so the chance of green aggro on the other teams is less.

As a tankier character, you should always go green.

If the split fails, you’re gonna have a bad time. Good luck OP. Maybe be less angry with Anet? They can’t fix the human condition in regards to people wanting to cheese things.

People will be people. You don’t have to play that way though. If you feel you have to do it that way because it’s optimal VS fun, well…

You might have more in common with this mindset than you are willing to admit. Or maybe you let your friends dictate what you do and think.

I dunno.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Player go in…fails.. blames the system…cries like a freaking 2 year old…
Anet comes in..
Nerf raids to the ground..
6 months later:
“Plz give us something hard…”
Just like tequatl when he was buffed
Some ppl are just to stubborn to change.. they want content where they go in…face roll the keyboard….get a full drop of a legendary armor of their choice.. no cooldown and a week later they are done..dont even need to step on that raid ever again…

Its freaking day one…
Thanks god ppl are having difficulty at beating this… that means it was done properly..
VB meta t4 was done few hours after release…
DS if i am not mistaken too…
I did mordremoth boss fight on 1st attempt…
That is not challenging…raids are…i got to 3rd stage with some random pugs and no voice communication being used…
That is not very far in.. but for my first time in with a pug made group not organized with no voice i consider it nicely done… and i am excited to try it again and again until i succeed

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

As has been said it’s day one.

People need time to get used to raids.

However I also see a lot of party elitism and people being excluded from even trying raids (Myself included) because of that elitism.

PuG’s are probably going to be non-existant.

Maybe ArenaNet should be more considerate about adding content that will exclude maybe 90% of it’s player base, after all it’s the players that make this game what it is, and pay their wages.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Pls delete topic.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

As has been said it’s day one.

People need time to get used to raids.

However I also see a lot of party elitism and people being excluded from even trying raids (Myself included) because of that elitism.

PuG’s are probably going to be non-existant.

Maybe ArenaNet should be more considerate about adding content that will exclude maybe 90% of it’s player base, after all it’s the players that make this game what it is, and pay their wages.

Face it… the other 10% needs more content then we do.. i dont even include myself on the meta elitist group butbi know that there are tons and tons of content available for average players… the really dedicated ones… the meta players.. the hardcore gamers also needs something…
If they are 10%… so be it… raids right now are maybe 0.5% of the game content… so 10% of the community got 0.5% challenging content..
And the other 90% of the community is already mad about it… just dont play raids then…
Let them have something challenging for christ sake…
Dugeons are boring as kitten…you can solo arah as any class or most of them… fractals are kinda mehhh..
So just let them have dugeons…
And i can bet in 1-2 month most pug groups will be able to do it with walk through and guides…
Just give some time…