Poll - Revenant weapons and utilities

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lojer.8576

lojer.8576

As this isn’t decided yet, lets make poll, to check what community thinks.
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll247582x278fDe85-10

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

We know they will be a locked weapon profession, like Elementalist and Engineer. Its been stated multiple times by devs, but their utilities are still up in the air.

Personally, I think it will be a pool of utilities to swap in and out, because if they don’t get that, they’ll easily be the most restricted profession in terms of what they can do, and it will be a profession with no use for Skill Points.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

As I said in the other topic, there will certainly be a pool of 4 or 5 utilities to choose from, since some of the skills we already saw won’t work underwater.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Darrel.2809

Darrel.2809

watching the preview in the “points of interest ep.17”

so they showed the hammer being thrown. reminds me of the Ranger’s skill1 with the axes.

my concern however, cant they change the SPRITE of the hammer being thrown just like the ranger’s axes?

im on my way on making the MJOLNIR or the JUGGERNAUT, whichever comes first bec of the absurdly expensive CHARGED lodestones on mjolnir, and was hoping that with the revenant, these SPRITES would look soooo kitten good being thrown, especially the mjolnir.

lojer.8576

We know they will be a locked weapon profession, like Elementalist and Engineer.

I know, but unlike Ele on Engi, they don’t have attuments/conjures or kits, so e.g. Reve hammer will be almost dead weapon on dungeons/fractals because lack of cleave/aoe on auto attack. Swirling hammers around You won’t comensate that dmg loss (according to numbers seen on PoI).
Who knows, maybe They change thier mind…

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

eh, i don’t like any of the options in your poll, because what i want is a mix of 1 and 2. i want each legend to have their unique set of skills, but i want the revenant to have one or two types of utilities that can be mixed in regardless of which legend you’re using.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

They’ve stated that you will pay skill points to unlock the legends themselves, so it sounds like that includes the utilities, all bought together as a bundle.

If we do have some limited swapping of utilities, those could still be purchased individually. So, you would buy the legend and get their “default” skills, but then can still buy individual skills, (legend-locked or universal, whatever they come up with), to swap in.

I think they will probably include an unlocked skill type for revenant, just because that gives them more room to easily add new skills later, without always having to create a full set of one for each legend.

I should be writing.

lojer.8576

It would be nice. Some kind of a generic/universal set of skills for Revenant + legend theme one’s (depending on active legend) to choose from.

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

I’d either like to see a normal sized pool of utility skills to choose from, or at least more than 8 or so different legends to channel

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Pretty much what Gulesave said, but i imagine they’ll add the ability to slot in racials for your currently equipped legends so that racials aren’t left out. (it’ll be very strange to see charr-mallyx pulling out a pistol but why the fudge not? also, heretical for mallyx-human to call on dwayna for help, lul.)

although a jalis-human with a pair of balthazar hounds would be cool. sort of a lord of war persona there.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Pretty much what Gulesave said, but i imagine they’ll add the ability to slot in racials for your currently equipped legends so that racials aren’t left out. (it’ll be very strange to see charr-mallyx pulling out a pistol but why the fudge not? also, heretical for mallyx-human to call on dwayna for help, lul.)

although a jalis-human with a pair of balthazar hounds would be cool. sort of a lord of war persona there.

Right, I didn’t mean to exclude racial skills, (and Antitoxin Spray). I’ve always assumed they can be swapped in, even if nothing else can be.

I should be writing.