Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kevin Ardinez.8906

Kevin Ardinez.8906

Q:

can we have entrance portal into Bloodstone Fen please, I dont want to go through Story for my other Characters to access the Map

Pamation nato ron ang sugilanon sa usa ka kapuluanon

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A:

Ah I see, this is about farming.
There should be a portal so you can take all your toons there to farm currency without having to do the story.

There is an item that you can purchase with 1K of the currency that let’s you permanently port characters to the map without them having to do the first two LS instances. This currency is fairly easy to obtain.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Since living storie episodes get retired or put into the gem store eventually, what happens to bloodstone fen when that happens? New maps have been part of the living story before, but there was always a portal if we didn’t have the LS episode.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

For the record, if you have a teleport to a friend consumable that should get you in.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Why do you want to take your other characters to the new map yet don’t want to play them through the story?

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

can we have entrance portal into Bloodstone Fen please, I dont want to go through Story for my other Characters to access the Map

Sorry but there is no portal there. The only way to get there is by airship since the area is a giant crater. It doesn’t make any sense that there would be an asura gate there.

You can also purchase a portal using unbound magic after your first character finishes their run through.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Khisanth.2948

Why do you want to take your other characters to the new map yet don’t want to play them through the story?

I like playing different classes and characters but the story has zero replay value.

The two instances required to reach the new map is also 99% standing around waiting for NPCs to finish talking and occasionally walking around to press F.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

What OP said. I understand the story reasons but honestly, once it is opened on one character, alts should have access. I don’t want to replay the story or squander a 1000 currency (in my case, 10 times) to portal into a new zone.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

What OP said. I understand the story reasons but honestly, once it is opened on one character, alts should have access. I don’t want to replay the story or squander a 1000 currency (in my case, 10 times) to portal into a new zone.

The item is permanent and account bound. You only have to buy it once then use it on all your alts to get to the first waypoint.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Ayrilana.1396

Currency is easy to obtain by getting the blue orbs in the air. When you’ve gotten all of them on one IP, hop to another.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

General Health.9678

I like playing different classes and characters but the story has zero replay value.

The two instances required to reach the new map is also 99% standing around waiting for NPCs to finish talking and occasionally walking around to press F.

The new map has zero replay value. I haven’t taken every toon to Dragon Stand as I don’t intend to play my unloved engineer there, I run it pretty much every time on one toon. I also love playing classes and characters but they don’t all need to do the same thing.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Ayrilana.1396

The new map has zero replay value. I haven’t taken every toon to Dragon Stand as I don’t intend to play my unloved engineer there, I run it pretty much every time on one toon. I also love playing classes and characters but they don’t all need to do the same thing.

Zero replay value?

• Farm map currency for the vendor items such as a couple minis and I think there was a tonic.
  • Farm the map for rubies and map currency to buy ascended trinkets with some stat combos which were previously only accessible in the raid.
  • Farm the events for salvage items that give random tiered materials.

It really has no less replayability than all the other maps in the game.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Zero replay value?

• Farm map currency for the vendor items such as a couple minis and I think there was a tonic.
  • Farm the map for rubies and map currency to buy ascended trinkets with some stat combos which were previously only accessible in the raid.
  • Farm the events for salvage items that give random tiered materials.

It really has no less replayability than all the other maps in the game.

I’d even argue that the “Select-a-Stat” Ascended items make it the MOST replayable map at the moment.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

General Health.9678

Ah I see, this is about farming.
There should be a portal so you can take all your toons there to farm currency without having to do the story.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Khisanth.2948

Meh … I don’t care about those. I just want to be able to play whatever I feel like where I feel like at the moment. Right now that means sitting through some boring instances or farming some currency.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

General Health.9678

There is an item that you can purchase with 1K of the currency that let’s you permanently port characters to the map without them having to do the first two LS instances. This currency is fairly easy to obtain.

So there’s no need for a portal then.
Thread can be closed.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

The item is permanent and account bound. You only have to buy it once then use it on all your alts to get to the first waypoint.

Infinite uses? Well, ok then. Thanks.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’m on the same boat, i usually switch between characters to work on maps and such. This is what ANet responded when i asked about this on the AMA:

Yes, we added a portal stone you can purchase from the vendor for unbound magic, specifically with alts in mind. I also set the ability to harvest unbound magic to be account bound rather than character bound, so you don’t need to play through that story step on each character if you don’t want to, just to be able to get unbound magic.
Link

That being said, i really don’t like that. They should have added an small portal on Verdant Brink or something that allow you to go to that map. Also in the future, if you don’t have the Living Story unlocked, you can’t go to the map (only with teleport to a friend).

Hopefully they add an entrance in the future or something.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I think this is a good thing to have if you have a lot of farming alts you might want to bring in. Not such a good bargain if you only have a few because once you get your alts in you have something that just sits in your inventory taking up space. Personally I will save that 1k magic for the home node…

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

So only partially related, but here’s a thought:

Considering that the only way to initially get into Bloodstone Fen is by completing LS3 episode 1, will the map become locked out for players who miss out on it now and don’t buy it in the future?

I think that might hurt its long-term population, if that’s the case.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

It wouldn’t be so bad if you could skip ALL dialogue after you have done it once.
I will get the portal instead of replaying without a skip option.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Khisanth.2948

It wouldn’t be so bad if you could skip ALL dialogue after you have done it once.
I will get the portal instead of replaying without a skip option.

I blame whoever started this trend with voiceovers. At least most walls of text could be skipped.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: user does exist.6483

user does exist.6483

Considering that the only way to initially get into Bloodstone Fen is by completing LS3 episode 1, will the map become locked out for players who miss out on it now and don’t buy it in the future?

If you don’t buy the episode then I would guess yes you would not be able to enter it. Since everything in the zone is actually related to the story of season 3 I can’t see why they would not couple the two.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

There really should be an easier way to get in once unlocked. Since the portal in Rata Sum that takes us to Rata Novus is now established as part of the living story should be easy enough to give an option to go to BF. Like the selectable portal in Divinity’s reach.

An item that requires map currency and then takes up an inventory spot is not my ideal way to handle porting in there and we don’t want to tolerate this because how long until we get more? People are already asking for better inventory management options like keyrings and toyboxes and tonic management.

Replaying those stories also isn’t appealing since we can’t skip dialogue and have to stand around watching them talk. As others have said earlier.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This is actually a very good question and possibly something the devs didn’t consider. I know that people who didn’t get season 2 in time can still access Drytop and Silverwastes.

I would hate to be doing a guild event in Bloodstone Fen a year from now and find that people couldn’t get in for this reason.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Ayrilana.1396

They may establish a base camp in the next episode that has an Asura gate.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Exactly this, and now that Bloodstone Crystals are account-wide, there isn’t a whole lot of point to take alts to the map anyway. If you really want to, the scroll is the best investment, and it’s not too expensive.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

It doesn’t even need to be an asura gate to get to get to Bloodstone Fen. Just have some path connecting it to one of the HoT maps, which is what I think the OP was requesting. If you don’t want people just randomly walking in during casual exploration, put up an obstacle that requires having been to Bloodstone Fen. Like needing to use Counter Magic to open the door, or crack a bloodstone crystal blocking the way that only happens on your version of the map, similar to how everyone can harvest a node. That would be an easy way to allow alts into the map without having to repeat the (somewhat monotonous) story.

Or I guess we can buy the scroll, if you insist…

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Best thing about this map is that it gives you those salvage items that give random tiered materials.

So I no longer need to farm a specific mob in a specific region just to get bags that might contain Linen scraps and such.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Aerinndis.2730

There really should be an easier way to get in once unlocked. Since the portal in Rata Sum that takes us to Rata Novus is now established as part of the living story should be easy enough to give an option to go to BF. Like the selectable portal in Divinity’s reach.

An item that requires map currency and then takes up an inventory spot is not my ideal way to handle porting in there and we don’t want to tolerate this because how long until we get more? People are already asking for better inventory management options like keyrings and toyboxes and tonic management.

Replaying those stories also isn’t appealing since we can’t skip dialogue and have to stand around watching them talk. As others have said earlier.

Since according to the story line you cannot get to Bloodstone Fen other than via airship, I can see why they did it the way they did. Eventually putting in a portal would make sense once things stabilized, I guess. I have to assume the current bloodstone instabilities create issues with portals though why they don’t with waypoints I don’t know – only an asuran could explain that one.

We should have a portal tab on our inventory that only portals we have acquired can go in so they won’t clog up usable inventory spots. I would assume most people are putting them in one of the shared slots so all their characters could use it. I would prefer not to clog that up with airship passes, portals etc. I got the portal for convenience but it is inconvenient in that it takes up one more inventory space.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

You mean I have to get to the airship with everybody? I have only tried with one character so far but just assumed it was like HOT where only one character needed to do the pre.

Hmm, one idea: buy the scroll and have each character open up a waypoint there. It still seems like a waste though.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Aerinndis.2730

You mean I have to get to the airship with everybody? I have only tried with one character so far but just assumed it was like HOT where only one character needed to do the pre.

Hmm, one idea: buy the scroll and have each character open up a waypoint there. It still seems like a waste though.

If that is the way you want to do it. You can easily get the unbound magic needed for the portal scroll which would get all your other characters in without having to replay the story on each character (at least up to the point of getting on the airship).

I did the story on 6 of mine because I did get nice rewards once I got each character to the airship and I did the exploration bit as well up to where you go back to the airship to talk to the Admiral. Only one character actually completed the full story line. I got BL keys and always got a rare for the stuff I completed. The only pita is the dialogue you have to go through to get there that you can’t cancel. So, yes the portal is probably worth it since you can collect that amount of unbound magic very quickly.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Gwilym.4257

Gwilym.4257

If I were designing new content I would make it available (in terms of access) to players. But, that’s just me.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

If I were designing new content I would make it available (in terms of access) to players. But, that’s just me.

But you are not designing the content so….

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Odds are come the next update to LS, when this one will be ‘locked’, they’ll open up the map permanently to everybody as long as they own HoT.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Odds are come the next update to LS, when this one will be ‘locked’, they’ll open up the map permanently to everybody as long as they own HoT.

I don’t think they will ‘lock’ this episode. Likely, they will merely offer it in the Gem Store.

Still, the Devs may, or may not, design another way to access Bloodstone Fen.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

But you are not designing the content so….

shows that even the simplest player can think of great ideas the ones who do design the content can’t.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Khisanth.2948

It doesn’t even need to go that far. They should have just made the Eir memorial work like the Scarlet recap. It would be its own section in the story journal. The Rata Novus stuff would be the first step.

Portal to Bloodstone Fen

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

In terms of the bloodstone portal, it was easy to get and it’s account-bound. I got it first, brough each of my toons in and mapped the place. Done in no time. If I make any more toons, they’ll have instant access to the map. It’s really much simpler than getting to any other map, where you have to trudge through possibly dangerous territory to get to the new map. With this, you’re just there.