Positive Thread!

Positive Thread!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: grevinnatosseri.2053

grevinnatosseri.2053

A lot of negativity has flown around lately. No game is perfect and everybody like and dislike different things. I create this thread to focus on positive experiences and what we do like.
I love gliding! Great feature and I love that they gave us gliding on core tyria maps as well. I also really like the idea of several levels in one map. Hidden areas with hidden achievments is alot of fun.
I also appreciate Guild Halls being so big.

What do you like and find positive since the release of HoT?

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Sorry OP but this just isn’t going to work. There’s nothing really to stop disenfranchised players from posting in this thread.

There are a lot of things I like about the game, but this is the wrong time to try to get a positive reaction from this community.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I like gliding.
I like the music.
I like the pretty graphics.
I also like to solo Hero Challenges.
I like SW because I don’t have to wait for a certain hour to arrive to do the boss.
I like legendary weapons.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

I like SW too. But I guess I liked that long before HoT anyway. So, something positive about HoT… hmm, that’s a tough one. Oh yea, the maps are absolutely dazing. I almost forgot about those because of all the kitten that gets in the way of actually enjoying them.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

Positive Thread!

Celtic Lady.3729

I almost forgot about those because of all the kitten that gets in the way of actually enjoying them.

IKR? I guess I should add that I like Masteries like Advanced Glinding, Mushroom Jumping, and Nuhoch Tunnels, but I don’t like grinding the XP on the same few events for Masteries at the bottom like Layline Gliding…

Positive Thread!

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The frogs are mean, but they talk to you briefly before ganging up on you, they are very direct about their intentions too, so that’s cool. Pocket raptors on the other hand, they say nothing first before trying to overpower you with their little teeth and claws, but, entangle + torch 5 or static field + meteor shower makes them expel the cutest screams as they burn to a crisp, which is fun to watch.

Remember, its the little victories

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I am endlessly amused by the frog gangs in HoT, even when they’re killing me. It could only be better if they said something like “welcome to the jungle!” as the one I forgot about downed me from stealth.

I love gliding, and I think the maps are beautiful. Gliding through Tarir for the first time the other night brought an actual tear to my eye.

I have a lot of fun doing Dragon’s Stand when I can get into a map for it. If they upped the rewards to match the time/effort commitment, it would probably replace SW in my heart.

I adore the elite specs, especially Reaper and Druid. I also think the elite collections are fairly well balanced, considering the reward, and most aren’t as horribly grindy as a lot of the other collections HoT introduced. Unless you want to collect them all. In which case, you probably disagree.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

And now, a Haiku on my Ranger:

I love my Ranger —
Going Druid is so strong
My nature ninja.

<3

NSPride <3

Positive Thread!

Celtic Lady.3729

And now, a Haiku on my Ranger:

I love my Ranger —
Going Druid is so strong
My nature ninja.

<3

There really is nothing more positive than a good haiku…

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Let’s see, positive…

I actually like the concept of the Mastery system, although I think it could have given us options that were more meaningful. The way they have you get mastery points, I think that needs to be looked at for the next time. But other than that I feel it was better than the old mmo system of gaining 10 extra levels with an expansion.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

As someone who loves exploring I think all the new maps were absolutely stunning. Dragon stand is the only map that truly hindered me as I wanted to explore first to know where to go and have shortcuts in my back pocket without getting in the way of the long meta by not participating fully. But I got map completion done, and can’t wait to do it on my other characters

The music in Tarir is amazing!

And gliding and the other small quality of life patches I’ve been seeing in the notes are very much appreciated.

Also seeing the forum for gem store items like bunny ears actually coming back was nice as someone who bought them and other things. I wasn’t here when they first came around.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

For all that I am deeply disappointed in Anet’s performance lately, and the promises they’ve failed to deliver on, and their focus on niche things like raids… GW2 has spoiled me for a lot of other MMOs, because no other MMO offers the same kind of dynamic-feeling combat while still being based on a skillbar. And meaningful self-heals are another thing that I can no longer go without. Plus, the lore of Tyria is fantastic.
The things they did right, they did very well. It’s just that most of that good stuff was long ago, towards the original release. I think their past selves would be disappointed, too.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

“Hey, at least we get to spend money on a bubble-glider”

Positive Thread!

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

The music and the Maps are amazing, the music of the final fight is great. So, Hot is like a beautiful cake that tastes weird.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Haha are a lot of people posting positive things just to prove Vayne wrong? Vayne, I don’t know you, but I read a lot of your posts and you should stop liking GW2 and stop white knighting. The power of everyone trying to prove you wrong will turn the forums into a paradise lol.

Gliding and masteries in general added so much value to my cosplays. Elite specs giving my characters access to new weapons and skins. New class revenant allowed me to make Donatello. I enjoy mobs actually requiring me to use my abilities to survive. Elements of the story were impactful and I thought it was really awesome how parts of the story took place in the open world and NPCs treated you differently if you were a Sylvari. Maps are beautiful. Horizontal progression is a great solution over raising the level cap. Yeah HoT got a lot wrong, but the good is keeping me playing.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Haha are a lot of people posting positive things just to prove Vayne wrong? Vayne, I don’t know you, but I read a lot of your posts and you should stop liking GW2 and stop white knighting. The power of everyone trying to prove you wrong will turn the forums into a paradise lol.

Gliding and masteries in general added so much value to my cosplays. Elite specs giving my characters access to new weapons and skins. New class revenant allowed me to make Donatello. I enjoy mobs actually requiring me to use my abilities to survive. Elements of the story were impactful and I thought it was really awesome how parts of the story took place in the open world and NPCs treated you differently if you were a Sylvari. Maps are beautiful. Horizontal progression is a great solution over raising the level cap. Yeah HoT got a lot wrong, but the good is keeping me playing.

LOL I love your post man, spot on. I actually like the fact they added gliding to all of Tiria makes some of those Vista’s even more spectacular!!!!

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Just one thing? → Reaper.
More than one? → Beutiful, Complex and Vertical Maps, Gliding, Saurians, Fix-R-Upper, Chak, Ibli and Tizlak, Tarir, Shashoo and Baroosh events, Guild Halls, Rata Novus, the new Jumping Puzzles, Gerent fighting animations, Sabby’s Scorcher and Boomstick, Trahearne Dying… just to name a few.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Positive Thread!

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

LOL I love your post man, spot on. I actually like the fact they added gliding to all of Tiria makes some of those Vista’s even more spectacular!!!!

Thanks man! I did it! I solved the forums! The reason the forums are toxic is because Vayne has super powers!

Also yeah love gliding in Central Tyria! After every Fire Elemental daily I tonic into a jackelope and glide sideways lol.

Positive Thread!

Celtic Lady.3729

Thanks man! I did it! I solved the forums! The reason the forums are toxic is because Vayne has super powers!

Super powers like what? Typing faster than a speeding bullet?

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Verdant Brink has great design. If only the expansion was 8 maps of that quality, with 1 new dungeon per map.

I think the raids, elite professions, WvW were rushed out. Stronghold needed at the very least 5 maps, not 1 lol.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

A lot of negativity has flown around lately. No game is perfect and everybody like and dislike different things. I create this thread to focus on positive experiences and what we do like.
I love gliding! Great feature and I love that they gave us gliding on core tyria maps as well. I also really like the idea of several levels in one map. Hidden areas with hidden achievments is alot of fun.
I also appreciate Guild Halls being so big.

What do you like and find positive since the release of HoT?

I like, yes, the gliding, exploring the jungle and the berserker elite spec. HoT to me is solid.

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Just one thing? -> Reaper.
More than one? -> Beutiful, Complex and Vertical Maps, Gliding, Saurians, Fix-R-Upper, Chak, Ibli and Tizlak, Tarir, Shashoo and Baroosh events, Guild Halls, Rata Novus, the new Jumping Puzzles, Gerent fighting animations, Sabby’s Scorcher and Boomstick, Trahearne Dying… just to name a few.

Lol, “Trahearne Dying.”

Priceless.

NSPride <3

Positive Thread!

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

… So, Hot is like a beautiful cake that tastes weird.

I love this and absolutely agree. It’s like wasabi peanuts – once you get over the initial shock of HoT not tasting as expected you can’t stop putting it in your mouth. I think my simile fell apart but I’m sticking to it.

I absolutely love the Tangled Depths. Coming out of a tunnel lousy with mordrem and seeing gigantic trees stretching to the sky is wonderful.

Edit: metaphor != simile

(edited by Michael.8562)

Positive Thread!

Posted by: grevinnatosseri.2053

grevinnatosseri.2053

Other thing I really like; making jumping puzzle in Guild Hall!