Possible Legendary Armor!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Hey all,

so we all know by now that Legendary Armor will come with a Precursor. That in mind i looked at That_shaman youtube channel again and saw that all the armors we have right now that most likely would fit as Precursor and Legendary : Light Armor , Medium Armor , but the Heavy Armor doesnt show the Precursor model but could very be the Legendary also, because if you look at Medium Armor and Heavy, you see that the headgear features 2 horns, that would indicate a possibility.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

these looks too lame to be legendary, even with particle effects which they should have

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

looks like crap for a legendary armor

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Those clips are almost a year old. I hardly doubt they were working on Legendary Armor back then. And yeah, those look lame for a legendary.

I won’t be satisfied with legendary armor until I see that it glows like the freaking sun and you have a cape that is carried by harpies while you walk at least

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

looks like crap for a legendary armor

~Every other Guild Wars 2 player, regardless of what it will look like.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Those clips are almost a year old. I hardly doubt they were working on Legendary Armor back then. And yeah, those look lame for a legendary.

I won’t be satisfied with legendary armor until I see that it glows like the freaking sun and you have a cape that is carried by harpies while you walk at least

Well if you look at the other armors , they are also 8- 10 month old and where also just recently released about 1-2 month ago.. so yeah they have worked on them already if thease are the armors for legendary.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Just so you guys know.. legendary backpieces looks like crap. Wont be surprised if legendary armor will look like crap as well.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Not like it matters, people will still use outfits :P

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Needs more particle effects.
/dankmemes

Posted by: Jack.4082

Jack.4082

I like those armors. They don’t look legendary, but a non trenchcoat top for my engi and nice trousers are always welcome. I hope they’ll be obtainable for a casual, though (read as “I hope they are not legendary”).

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Yeesh i hope not. I expect them to look something like the radiant/hellfire sets.

Also why the heck did they lock those sets behind so many kitten APs? Nobody is ever going to unlock them.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Yeesh i hope not. I expect them to look something like the radiant/hellfire sets.

Also why the heck did they lock those sets behind so many kitten APs? Nobody is ever going to unlock them.

36 people have crossed the 30k achievement mark on American and Eu regions combined.

Which means 36 people potentially already have 1 of the 2 achievement sets complete.
Unless they took the chestpiece from one and trousers from another

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

36 people have crossed the 30k achievement mark on American and Eu regions combined.

Which means 36 people already have 1 of the 2 achievement sets complete.

36 people in every region combined 3 years after release is not exactly a lot. I suppose this number will grow, but it seems that right now only the most hardcore that have worked on AP since the very beginning have a prayer. The average player will never see these.

Impossible was an exaggeration of course, but it is pretty crazy how few people have these and how hard they are to get in comparison to the supposed “legendaries”.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If that heavy helm is on legendary armor – it’ll be just sad. It looks abysmally bad.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If that heavy helm is on legendary armor – it’ll be just sad. It looks abysmally bad.

Its not awesome, but I think it’s better than a lot of the ..uh…more recent ones…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I really, really hope those are not the Legendary Armor. Because I like a lot of it. Especially the boots…. I want those boots. And if it is Legendary, I have no chance.

Posted by: sine.9310

sine.9310

light / med looks like the armor your character starts with lol. oh well, i like the heavy set at least

but honestly they look like something we’d have seen in gw1, with the precursor/leg being similar to 1.5k armor to 15k armor

(edited by sine.9310)

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

36 people in every region combined 3 years after release is not exactly a lot. I suppose this number will grow, but it seems that right now only the most hardcore that have worked on AP since the very beginning have a prayer. The average player will never see these.

Impossible was an exaggeration of course, but it is pretty crazy how few people have these and how hard they are to get in comparison to the supposed “legendaries”.

FWIW, my theory is that they’ve kept it this way to retain the players who are competing for achievement point leaderboards, some of whom invest a lot of time (and probably money) into the game. In other words, it is most likely a source of revenue that they see no point in disrupting.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Its not awesome, but I think it’s better than a lot of the ..uh…more recent ones…

Considering we’ve waited 3+ years for legendary armor I would be terribly upset if that was the actual helm.

I mean – come on – yes it’s not as terrible as some of the recent releases but while the whole of it looks fine the hons absolutely ruin it.

Why does every decent piece of heavy headgear come with huge over the top tidbits attached to it? Like huge horns, huge spikes, huge whatever else?

Why can’t we have a nice closed heavy helm that doesn’t have all the useless tidbits on top of it? Here’s some art they already have for an example.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/24/Endure_Pain.png
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Balanced_Stance.png
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:%22To_the_Limit!%22.png

Look at how clean and beautiful it looks and compare it to some of the in-game heavy helms..
In fact – a whole set like that would be amazing.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I think it looks nice. It’s not too over the top, and it has lots of detail. I’d be totally good with this being the precursor armor.

I don’t want to look like a glowing mass of insanity.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Those are the first two levels of the precursor journey most likely. The recent blog explained that you don’t get a precursor as a drop. You unlock a mastry track. if the current mastries are any indication there whould be an additional third tier, followed by the finished legendary, which adds the shininess.

These being armor skins, it may even be possible that there are more than three precursor ranks.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ