Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Navazarian.9246

Navazarian.9246

Just a quick question for the team.

Will the beta build deploy to clients / pre-load before the test begins in a few hours?

… or is all content and data already patched in.

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

A lot of the content if not all of it is already hidden in the .DAT file. I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t have to download anything at all.

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Navazarian.9246

A lot of the content if not all of it is already hidden in the .DAT file. I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t have to download anything at all.

Nice, that’s quite efficient!

My main concern was the stress this could place on the content delivery systems because we’re obviously talking a large amount of data to download, downloaded all at once by thousands while a time constraint was in place.

But yeah that’s good to know, thanks for the info!

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You shouldn’t have to download it at all. I didn’t during the first beta.

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Nice, that’s quite efficient!

My main concern was the stress this could place on the content delivery systems because we’re obviously talking a large amount of data to download, downloaded all at once by thousands while a time constraint was in place.

But yeah that’s good to know, thanks for the info!

Yup. Anytime you log in and see a couple of MB of data downloading without an announced update is when they’re changing something for the game file. Maybe they’re patching a bug, but sometimes they’re putting content in for later. It makes it so we don’t have to strain their servers as millions of people collectively download huge files.

Still, some huge updates they opt to do later because they are either not finished with it yet or because they don’t want the file to be datamined before it releases on the client.

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Navazarian.9246

That makes sense, ha, it never even crossed my mind that it could have been content for the beta in the unannounced patches, always assumed it was just bug fixing and polish etc.

Good good, less work for Anet when things go live (hopefully).

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

I played in the brief time it was open about an hour ago and didn’t have to download anything, if that helps.

Pre-Loading HoT Beta

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Just a quick question for the team.

Will the beta build deploy to clients / pre-load before the test begins in a few hours?

… or is all content and data already patched in.

there is no download
you already have all the files.

my wife got in a few minutes this morning and played the new class..

=)