Pre-Purchase Refunds available ?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tuntz.8953

Tuntz.8953

If i knew i would need a dedicated healer class to clear content in HOT i would never had boughted the expansion. Triple Trouble is a fine exemple of a hard challenge and there is no need to have dedicated healer and zerk is not optimal either, devs just went the easy wasy and that makes me regret i purchased the expansion. I moved from my last game to GW2 exactly because i was tired to wait for hours for healers. Can i please have my money back ?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Lets wait until we actually see the content before assuming things, shall we?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you bought the game from buy.guildwars2.com within the last 30 days, you can contact support to request a refund.

Note that healing will only be useful in raids and raids are not designed for PuGs. As a guild group, your raid should be scheduled, thus you shouldn’t have to wait on someone. I doubt full healing builds will even be required, assuming ArenaNet didn’t cave and take the easy way out. If you’re a group of bad players however, you will find healing very useful, since you’ll need to save people who like to stand in fire.

Posted by: Oyranos.9750

Oyranos.9750

its logical druids to be healers. They should pick a different thing for rangers, but you shouldnt complain after the revelation of druid spec. You should complain from day 1, if that was the issue.

You can avoid play as a healer i think. The good thing is, rangers will be the best class to farm stuff…. Easy to find a group, easy to farm solo… unbeatable.

The only thing I didnt liked from the video last night, is the casting spell bar… huge delay, i hope we have some instant casts.

(edited by Oyranos.9750)

Posted by: Tuntz.8953

Tuntz.8953

Every content in this game so far can be pugged given enough time , i know since i never relied in a guild to achieve my objectives. The only content so far that can’t be pugged is TT and it’s only because the rewards/coordination ratio is kittenty to be honest. The new Tequatl couldn’t be pugged either , LFG wasn’t needed because dungeons couldn’t be pugged, FOTM 50 …

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

The druid isn’t a “dedicated” healer, he’s an addition to an already existing group of healers. Elementalists can spec as healers, so can engineers, guards, mesmers and even necro’s (yes i ran a necro healing build for awhile ^^) Healers aren’t new to this game. The game has always been based around a soft trinity of support/control/damage.

The main difference between the main game and HoT, is that support and control will actually be a viable choice instead of a rather forgotten one. You wont NEED a druid, if you find that you need more in the forms of support there are already a variety of classes that can do just that.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

if he waits for the release, its highy unlikely he will be able to get refunded without canceling his gw2 account, because he will have various unlocks and what not.

If you have a chance for a refund without locking your account, now is time, contact support staff

phys.7689

The druid isn’t a “dedicated” healer, he’s an addition to an already existing group of healers. Elementalists can spec as healers, so can engineers, guards, mesmers and even necro’s (yes i ran a necro healing build for awhile ^^) Healers aren’t new to this game. The game has always been based around a soft trinity of support/control/damage.

The main difference between the main game and HoT, is that support and control will actually be a viable choice instead of a rather forgotten one. You wont NEED a druid, if you find that you need more in the forms of support there are already a variety of classes that can do just that.

the key is not that druid exists, is that his heal potential is extremely large, and they said players will not be able to avoid attacks, such that druids heal per second might actually be useful.

the real key is unavoidable damage that alone changes the whole nature of the game.

dsslive.8473

if he waits for the release, its highy unlikely he will be able to get refunded without canceling his gw2 account, because he will have various unlocks and what not.

If you have a chance for a refund without locking your account, now is time, contact support staff

Well there is still the third beta weekend where you can actually gt your hands on the druid. Before the game releases so none of the problems you mentioned

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I moved from my last game to GW2 exactly because i was tired to wait for hours for healers.

Just curious where do people find this info on todays MMOs. Cause even on low population games, healers are probably the easiest role to find. Much harder to find a good dps or a good tank, especially dps since most challenging content has a “timer”, meaning if you dont kill a boss in the given times it goes HULK SMASH.

Saying that you cba waiting hours for healers, just shows that you are clueless about MMOs and how they evolved.

Especially when a healer can just “respec” to become solid dps and vise versa, and especially when talking about the highest population MMO (GW2) and its mega-server mechanics….

dsslive.8473

the key is not that druid exists, is that his heal potential is extremely large, and they said players will not be able to avoid attacks, such that druids heal per second might actually be useful.

the real key is unavoidable damage that alone changes the whole nature of the game.

The real key is, how big is this “unavoidable damage” you seem to go straight to “the damage will be so high we will most definately need someone keeping us alive”

Every profession still has the capabilities to heal themselves. Not to forget that this game was always meant to have a support role (one that every class could fill), we simply do not know whether the ways of supporting (be it thorugh healing, boons or active defense) will be made void by this “unavoidable damage” in such a way the druid becomes a must.

dsslive.8473

I moved from my last game to GW2 exactly because i was tired to wait for hours for healers.

Just curious where do people find this info on todays MMOs. Cause even on low population games, healers are probably the easiest role to find. Much harder to find a good dps or a good tank, especially dps since most challenging content has a “timer”, meaning if you dont kill a boss in the given times it goes HULK SMASH.

Saying that you cba waiting hours for healers, just shows that you are clueless about MMOs and how they evolved.

Especially when a healer can just “respec” to become solid dps and vise versa, and especially when talking about the highest population MMO (GW2) and its mega-server mechanics….

Well, not all games are the same, and while it wasn’t a true mmo, in gw1 you could definately spend quite some time before you actually got a healer. Not to mention one ahs to take into account what region and time of day you play, if you’re not playing on peaktimes it will obviously take longer. Anyhow, kinda non-relevant , but jsut thought to mention that there are games out there where finding a healer isn’t the easiest to do.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I wasn’t specifically talking about the refund, but rather the statements in the OP about needing a dedicated healer.

We also have a BWE next weekend which will include both the Druid AND a raid encounter, so we will be able to see the content before release.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Well, not all games are the same, and while it wasn’t a true mmo, in gw1 you could definately spend quite some time before you actually got a healer. Not to mention one ahs to take into account what region and time of day you play, if you’re not playing on peaktimes it will obviously take longer. Anyhow, kinda non-relevant , but jsut thought to mention that there are games out there where finding a healer isn’t the easiest to do.

Even if there are such games out there, Large MMOs are not like that.

Saying that you wonr be able to find healers in GW2 where there are unlimited amounts of players 24/7 is just laughable. This is just a typical doom and gloom thread created by the typical whiny people.

phys.7689

The real key is, how big is this “unavoidable damage” you seem to go straight to “the damage will be so high we will most definately need someone keeping us alive”

Every profession still has the capabilities to heal themselves. Not to forget that this game was always meant to have a support role (one that every class could fill), we simply do not know whether the ways of supporting (be it thorugh healing, boons or active defense) will be made void by this “unavoidable damage” in such a way the druid becomes a must.

The zerker build they are talking about that wont work was heavily focused on active defenses and mitigation. In order for those guys to have to heal, it means dmg has to be fairly regular, and deadly.

If the zerker meta will need heals, that means its basically not possible to fight without a healer. Even tho people think they are pure dps, they actually generally have support focused traits and utilities.

dsslive.8473

Saying that you wonr be able to find healers in GW2 where there are unlimited amounts of players 24/7 is just laughable. This is just a typical doom and gloom thread created by the typical whiny people.

While i agree on the doom and gloom about “oh no a healer in gw2” (even if they were already there to begin with) He never mentioned which game he played, so it is most definately possible that in that game he has issues finding healers most of the time. As i already said , there are such games out there, without a specific name for the game he used to play, you can’t really call bs on that.

To OP, whether you wish to refund or not, totally your choice, but there is still a bwe event coming next weekend where you can see both the druids and the raids. Which will probably work better to show you how things might be instead of assumptions and guesses. But Healers have been in this game from the start, the idea was always to ahve a support/control/damage soft trinity where ever class would be able to fill these roles in their own way, support ahs been in this game from the beginning, either through raw heals, boon sharing or active defense. They just weren’t a viable option because you could just slash through everything , no probs. And thats the only thing that will change with HoT, it won’t be about “we need X profession” but about figuring out what you need and finding that in the profession you have in your group. And this is solely pertaining to raids, the open world is still the same (albeit with slightly tougher opponents). Raids will indeed require coordination and thought to be put into a build, but it wont require one profession. As all professions have ways to bring usefull support into it.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I played large MMOs with tanks and healers. Average q time for anything other than a healer is around 20-30 minutes at peak hours and up to an hour during the rest of the day. And that’s if you got a good healer. If party got unlucky you have to kick him and start again.

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I played large MMOs with tanks and healers. Average q time for anything other than a healer is around 20-30 minutes at peak hours and up to an hour during the rest of the day. And that’s if you got a good healer. If party got unlucky you have to kick him and start again.

30 mins q time on a large MMO at peak times for top-end daily run dungs?

Something’s not right here…….

phys.7689

Yup i noticed the same thing
Tank instant queue
Healer 1-5 minutes
Dps 20-40 minutes

Sometimes you get lucky, but its rare

TheRandomGuy.7246

If you q alone as a dd and there are not that many healers that’s what you get. Of course there were occasions when q popped up in 10 minutes or so. It is still 9 minutes longer than gw2.

Yelloweyedemon.2860

If you q alone as a dd and there are not that many healers that’s what you get. Of course there were occasions when q popped up in 10 minutes or so. It is still 9 minutes longer than gw2.

If you seriously believe that you will need 10 mins to find a healer in GW2, I’m wasting my time here…

TheRandomGuy.7246

If you seriously believe that you will need 10 mins to find a healer in GW2, I’m wasting my time here…

It is hard to find banner bot that knows when to drop banners. So yeah. Maybe finding a guy with healer gear or healer copy pasted build will be easy but finding a guy that knows what the hell he is doing will be a lot harder.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

It is hard to find banner bot that knows when to drop banners. So yeah. Maybe finding a guy with healer gear or healer copy pasted build will be easy but finding a guy that knows what the hell he is doing will be a lot harder.

That might make you want to keep in touch with and invite to your guild a healer that impresses you. Constructing social systems in game out of gameplay – like MMOs do.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Typical large MMO, lots of dps. Only a few healers and tanks. Yep. The dps has to wait.

Take 30 to 40minutes as dps? I mean it’s frustrating when you’ve been waiting for most of the wait time, and then something important comes up and you have to exit the game. I mean WoW just got a huge subscriber boost due to WoD and other cool features like new models. But why is the wait so long?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

phys.7689

The reason people dont play healers is because the majority of players are not interested in the playstyle. Tell me what game is it you play as dps where you dont wait for healers?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Can i please have my money back ?

Not from us.

Yelloweyedemon.2860

The reason people dont play healers is because the majority of players are not interested in the playstyle. Tell me what game is it you play as dps where you dont wait for healers?

Lately? Lotro, SWTOR, RIFT, ESO.

In all those except for rift, I was Q’ing as a dps most of the time. Plus in rift, you had to find dedicated support players too, not just trinity. Q times in all those were pretty much nothing.

Plus if it takes too long, you can always re-spec from dps to tank/heal/support. It’s not like you have no options…

Stop crying like 10year olds (unless you are) and be glad we seem to have left this braindamaged hack n’ slash so called zerker meta behind…

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

If i knew i would need a dedicated healer class to clear content in HOT i would never had boughted the expansion. Triple Trouble is a fine exemple of a hard challenge and there is no need to have dedicated healer and zerk is not optimal either, devs just went the easy wasy and that makes me regret i purchased the expansion. I moved from my last game to GW2 exactly because i was tired to wait for hours for healers. Can i please have my money back ?

Raids were announced a month or so ago. It was kind of a given that raids would require some major change to the way big PvE content is approached such as the Triple Trouble. That content is unlimited in players (until map cap) and is easy to approach. Raids are 10-man approach with limited players for support, damage mitigation, and damage output.

Druids were also announced in January 2015 during the HoT reveal. In almost every other game that has had a Druid class, it has been some nature attuned class with a type of heal. EQII, WoW, Vanguard, DAoC, and so on. Unless you’re completely unaware of the history of the genre and it’s classes, it was pretty much expected that the Druid would be a healer class.

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Druids were also announced in January 2015 during the HoT reveal. In almost every other game that has had a Druid class, it has been some nature attuned class with a type of heal. EQII, WoW, Vanguard, DAoC, and so on. Unless you’re completely unaware of the history of the genre and it’s classes, it was pretty much expected that the Druid would be a healer class.

To add:
They also hinted themselves that Druid would be support oriented when they first announced them, from what I remember.
Anyone who was expecting a DPS spec out of this was kidding themselves from the beginning.

Dragonbrand

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

raids are not designed for PuGs.

OK, can you point to a official post that states that Raids are only for guild groups?

I know that YOU want raids to be exclusive to guild groups and YOU don’t think or want raids to be open to pug’s, guess what, they said the same about Urgoz and The Deep in GW1 and were all proved wrong, Pug’s did just great.

(edited by Eldbrand Charging.8902)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

raids are not designed for PuGs.

OK, can you point to a official post that states that Raids are only for guild groups?

Designed for premade groups doesn’t mean pugs can’t try them and complete them but they will be tuned for an organised group. Don’t throw the word “only” in there to try and make it look like people are being excluded…

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

There is a large difference between Need and Want. Seriously this is stuff they teach in elementary school.