Pre-order from Amazon [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

If you’re UK based and if the merchant is legit, it’s a no brainer. Sucks though that they only sell one version.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I hope so.
As i bought it from amazon now.

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

ANet said it is only available through themselves, so unless the seller is NC Soft, or at the very least the transaction is "fulfilled" by Amazon, I would not buy it from there.

Edit for clarity, I mean to include "pre-ordering." If there are frauds about trying to sell it, I would still avoid it for now. No harm can come from waiting as it is not likely to be released for some time. There is still a lot of content to be announced, as well as the remaining elite specializations.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

XxTAFxX.6741

ANet said it is only available through themselves, so unless the seller is NC Soft, or at the very least the transaction is “fulfilled” by Amazon, I would not buy it from there.

Edit for clarity, I mean to include “pre-ordering.” If there are frauds about trying to sell it, I would still avoid it for now. No harm can come from waiting as it is not likely to be released for some time. There is still a lot of content to be announced, as well as the remaining elite specializations.

Anet also said it is sold through companys like game and amazon.
Also Amazon EU S.a.r.L. is selling the game not another company.
Source https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedKingdom-physical

Anet plz reply so at least is it’s false.we can cancel the order before it’s too late.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Again, people, A.Net specifically stated that they are not supporting ANY pre-purchase from 3rd party sites yet. No announcement. No links. No seal of approval. Amazon has a ‘market’ allowing individuals and businesses to sell on the site, not just directly from Amazon. That means that illegal key sellers could potentially be on Amazon selling keys they got through stolen credit cards. If it is cheaper than this site’s game version, more than likely it was obtained that way.

Be patient and wait for official word instead of risking them locking your whole account because a fraud call on the KEY related to what you get from Amazon just to save $5-10.

XxTAFxX.6741

Nm it from official amazon.
So it got to be safe tbh.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

This is a legitimate pre-order of a hard copy of the pre-purchase edition dispatched from and sold by Amazon themselves on their own retail site.

If you read the HoT purchasing FAQ you will see that HoT was always going to be available in this format.

Gandara

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Again, people, A.Net specifically stated that they are not supporting ANY pre-purchase from 3rd party sites yet. No announcement. No links. No seal of approval. Amazon has a ‘market’ allowing individuals and businesses to sell on the site, not just directly from Amazon. That means that illegal key sellers could potentially be on Amazon selling keys they got through stolen credit cards. If it is cheaper than this site’s game version, more than likely it was obtained that way.

Be patient and wait for official word instead of risking them locking your whole account because a fraud call on the KEY related to what you get from Amazon just to save $5-10.

Bunch of drivel. Learn to read what’s been posted before.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

i think ill just wait for some official dev post on this , it can stay in my Amazon shopping cart for now

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

Read the FAQ in February, decided to buy the game in anticipation of the expansion. The price of the Heroic Edition was $10 cheaper on Amazon than the full price on Arenanet’s website at the time, so I purchased from Amazon as they are a very trusted vendor.

Saw the announcement today and decided to submit a ticket with Amazon to see if they would issue a refund. Amazon refused

I’m basically SOL and will only get a character slot rather than a refund if I choose to preorder GW:HOT, despite Anet’s false advertising in the FAQ right?

XxTAFxX.6741

i think ill just wait for some official dev post on this , it can stay in my Amazon shopping cart for now

Amazon sold out now.

Also from anet updated FAQ.
Can I pre-purchase through my favorite retailer?

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.
Note that the Ultimate edition is only available for purchase in-game and via buy.guildwars2.com. Additionally, there won’t be an option to upgrade to the Ultimate edition later if you decide to purchase the Standard or Deluxe edition.

I wish anet said this from the start tbh,instead of us jumping through hoops to find out what’s what.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Since amazon refused you are correct in getting added char slot if you buy hot before release.

Edit
Cant really expect anet to refund something you bought somewere else can you?

Errant.1509

Edit
Cant really expect anet to refund something you bought somewere else can you?

Considering Amazon is an authorized reseller I thought it was worth a shot.

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

The same thing happened to me. They should let us buy the game at a difference in cost from what we payed.

To be honest this whole thing leaves me not wanting to buy another thing from them.

Linken.6345

The same thing happened to me. They should let us buy the game at a difference in cost from what we payed.

To be honest this whole thing leaves me not wanting to buy another thing from them.

But you dident buy it from them you bought from a third party retailer becouse it was 10 or however many bucks cheaper.

There was a 10buck sale earlier in january you could have waited for another 10 buck sale down the line.

Edit
And that sale would have been from anet themselfs.

Linken.6345

Send in a support ticket maybe. I’ve heard that some people who purchased the game within the last 30 days gets a refund/upgrade to the Standard. I don’t think it hurts to send in a ticket.

Explain how?

I don’t mind paying the difference since I got the game for cheaper, but I shouldn’t need to pay an additional 50 since I bought the game a week ago.

The whole thing is absurd and poorly thoughtout.

Since according to this post you bought it around 11 of june you are in the window of 14 day refund policy on online items.
Maybe you should talk to amazon

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

Send in a support ticket maybe. I’ve heard that some people who purchased the game within the last 30 days gets a refund/upgrade to the Standard. I don’t think it hurts to send in a ticket.

Explain how?

I don’t mind paying the difference since I got the game for cheaper, but I shouldn’t need to pay an additional 50 since I bought the game a week ago.

Since according to this post you bought it around 11 of june you are in the window of 14 day refund policy on online items.

No refunds from Amazon.

Linken.6345

Explain how?

No refunds from Amazon.

Oh kitten i dident think there were a company more backwards then steam, before the change you could atleast refund 1 game but amazon takes the price….

Why on earth would you buy from a company that offer zero refund on games?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

3rd party websites pretty much never refund digital purchases cuz they don’t care unless it’s fraud since they pretty much write in their little agreement; “**** you; purchase at own risk” and don’t even attempt to work with the company that owns their product. The owner of Anet could personally request it and they’d probably give him the middle finger and say no. I avoid them unless it’s a super cheap offer, and legit hopefully. I actually got refunded my physical copy of Eye of the North purchased from Amazon centuries ago cuz the dude sent me a used CD key. ;o That was a phys copy though which get more support.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Errant.1509

3rd party websites pretty much never refund digital purchases cuz they don’t care unless it’s fraud since they pretty much write in their little agreement; “**** you; purchase at own risk” and don’t even attempt to work with the company that owns their product. The owner of Anet could personally request it and they’d probably give him the middle finger and say no. I avoid them unless it’s a super cheap offer, and legit hopefully. I actually got refunded my physical copy of Eye of the North purchased from Amazon centuries ago cuz the dude sent me a used CD key. ;o That was a phys copy though which get more support.

I didn’t make a purchase from a 3rd party, I made a purchase direct from Amazon which is an authorized reseller…

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Worst. Communication. Ever.

But hey, I’m glad at least that there actually is a boxed version.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Amazon is a 3rd party…

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

1st party: arenanet
2nd party: you
3rd party: anyone else (like amazon or steam or game stop or best buy)

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: otonashiF.9407

otonashiF.9407

I Just bought the code from amazon. I already have my serial code, however, how I add the serial code on my existed gw2 account ? btw the Heart of Thorns Pre-Purchase FAQ isn’t clear

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Does Amazon later ship you the box as well?

Posted by: DrMcAwEsOmE.2839

DrMcAwEsOmE.2839

I assume be bought this: http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Online/dp/B00ZSF6ZAG/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1435217348&sr=1-5&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thorns&tag=donations09-20

And no, they don’t. You just get the serial code.

Funny thing, though. That is being sold officially via Amazon by NCSoft. Didn’t one of the Anet people post a big hoopla that the pre-order was only through Anet? Or has that warning from Anet now ended?

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Funny thing, though. That is being sold officially via Amazon by NCSoft. Didn’t one of the Anet people post a big hoopla that the pre-order was only through Anet? Or has that warning from Anet now ended?

Well technically NCSoft owns Anet and GW2 so… I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to sell their own game. XD

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

I assume be bought this: http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Heart-Thorns-Online/dp/B00ZSF6ZAG/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1435217348&sr=1-5&keywords=guild+wars+2+heart+of+thorns&tag=donations09-20

Well that sucks. If Amazon is offering the exact same thing as the ANet website what’s the frigging point of buying from them?

1 cent cheaper but if anything happens I can’t get a refund.

Posted by: tuga.6350

tuga.6350

hello Gw2 community,

I was just wondering Amazon got HoT for sale with a hard copy of the game, I’m just wondering will I get that extra character slot if I order from there?

I know they said only certain retailers will sell the hard copy.
On Amazon says it’s a pre purchase, so if anyone does know, it will be appreciated to know.

Thank you

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

If it’s pre-purchase and not pre-order, and you had your GW2 account registered long enough (before January 23), then yes, you get the pre-purchase vet bonus slot.

source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

For our long-standing fans and loyal players, we would like to say thank you and show our appreciation. For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account. The process of delivering your additional character slot will take us some time, but rest assured we will get it to you as soon as possible. We’ll provide more details about the specific timing soon.

Also:

The standard edition will be available in a “boxed copy” version from some authorized retailers. Some of those retailers are engaged in the pre-purchase program. Others are offering a pre-order, which is not the same thing and will not gain the benefits of the actual pre-purchase.

Hope this helps!

(edited by Kitsune.1902)

Posted by: tuga.6350

tuga.6350

Thank you very much

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

You guys keep getting my hopes up, but its never the American site. :-(

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

To clear something up: Pre-purchase has an empty dvd case, but you get char slot.
Pre-order might give this, or a release packet. This is unclear, and up to the seller. (No garanteed char slot, quite low chance, dont do this if you want it).
Post Release purchased HoT should have dvd case with dvd on it with basic HoT patch data on it to update the game. If you mean ‘hardcopy’ with dvd, then you will have to wait for release.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Nacks.2147

Nacks.2147

Any updates on this? Were you able to add the serial to your account? Planing to buy one at amazon since every time i try to buy it from the website or game it gives me an error message.

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

nacks. Even if op doesn’t respond the steps is quite clear. And should not be a problem if it doesn’t work a email to support will resolve it quickly. So go ahead and get the game son.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Any updates on this? Were you able to add the serial to your account? Planing to buy one at amazon since every time i try to buy it from the website or game it gives me an error message.

Then you should work with support and get that error figured out. If for some reason you ever need a refund you won’t get it from Amazon, but ANet is surprisingly nice in that regards. They’ll take care of you. Buying from a third party has a very real risk of biting you in the buttocks.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Pre-ordering won’t give you any pre-purchase benefits and by buying from Amazon anet won’t be able to refund you.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would imagine so. But, if you are looking for the Pre-purchase bonuses, make sure you are ordering a Pre-purchase copy of Heart of Thorns, rather than just pre-ordering one.

Also, do make sure to familiarize yourself with any return policies Amazon might employ.

Good luck.

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

This link
Seems to be a pre-purchase. If possible however it would probably be better to purchase it from anet.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

What you’re thinking of is when people were claiming the release date is so-so or the price is so-so from third party sites was not always correct. Anet was telling people that the info on those sites was not guaranteed. I know there were some sites doing a pre-order for 60 bucks so those people would have been charged 10 bucks more for the same product people were paying 50. Plus I think the whole refund thing was only for people who bought through Anet themselves.

XxTAFxX.6741

anet updated FAQ.

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners. You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.
Note that the Ultimate edition is only available for purchase in-game and via buy.guildwars2.com. Additionally, there won’t be an option to upgrade to the Ultimate edition later if you decide to purchase the Standard or Deluxe edition.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Yes, I bought from Amazon and got a valid serial. So far it seems to be the regular pre-purchase, not a pre-order.

That said, I’d recommend if possible to buy directly from Anet, if anything goes wrong or you have account issues you deal directly with them, while you’d have to deal with amazon support, that while I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them, I’d rather deal directly with anet if any problem arises.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

Amazon sold out now.

I wish anet said this from the start tbh,instead of us jumping through hoops to find out what’s what.

Regarding this statement, does anyone know if dlgamer.it is an official retail partner?

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

pre-purchase with beta access will always be more expensive. you’re paying for early experience. that’s about it.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Amazon sold out now.

Regarding this statement, does anyone know if dlgamer.it is an official retail partner?

You can find the list of official retailers in the Knowledge Base. Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Knowledge Base

Good luck.

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

Amazon sold out now.

You can find the list of official retailers in the Knowledge Base. Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Knowledge Base

Good luck.

Found it, thanks!

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit