Precocious Aurene - Final Battle

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

ok.. I know that in the final battle in this one you are supposed to stand in the circle Aurene makes and attack. The problem is that she’s making a circle maybe every minute or so at best… the boss never takes much damage and pretty much stays at full health. After 5 minutes I believe I saw 3 circles at most… then I just layed down and waited for death… and THAT took a long time since the boss also doesn’t seem to put out much damage.

I tried this a few times then just gave up. In 3 attempts I got a total of 4 circles from Aurene… and I mean 3 separate runs at the instance. (2 in 1, and 1 in each of the others) If this isn’t a bug I don’t know what is, but I’m posting it here just in case there’s some other magic I need… I don’t think so.. but you never know…

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are you using the special command when in the circle?

Balthazzarr.1349

noooo.. special command? did I miss something… AND I’m not even new to the game.. jeez… what command? (feeling noobish now)

Balthazzarr.1349

if you’re serious then I’ll have it done shortly, otherwise if you’re teasing me I’ll just sit down and sob….

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think the default is the hyphen key next to 0 but you can change it in the option menu. There should also be a small icon that pops up above (or near it) your health bar which you can also click.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coordinated_Attack_

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Do you remember episode 1? Where you had that special button to ‘reverse magic’ or ‘counter magic’ that you needed to use to remove the red shield from a few enemies? Its the same button and it appears in the same place above your weapon skills. The reason you may have missed it is that it actually constantly exists in a locked state throughout the fight and only allows the skill to be used when you’re in the little white circle that aurene makes across from her. If something exists constantly it can become white noise and essentially your mind may block it out.

Good luck!

Balthazzarr.1349

I am just a total NOOOOB! But I"ll leave this here in case someone else has the same ‘brain dead’ moment. The boss is now dead… sheesh… and THANKS!

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Admittedly, in the heat of battle it’s easy to miss the signal. But yes, it’s the same thing that happens with Jade fights in Bloodstone Fen. Only, in those instances, there’s a sound to prompt you to return the magic, in this fight, I don’t believe there’s a sound prompt. Anyway, the symbol appears above your health circle, and you have to hit it, sometimes it’s easier just to leave your mouse there when Aurenes circle appears, then wait for the symbol that appears a few seconds after both of you are in position. The fight usually only takes 3 circle occurances at most.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I feel like the “special action button” is more or less the GW2 version of a quick-time event from consoles … with all the special that brings to the table. (Not really my taste in event design, if you catch my drift…)

Anyway, I’d suggest putting it somewhere close to hand so you can push it instantly it pops up anywhere, and just getting into that habit. I have it on ‘B’ right now, which is pretty reasonable, but I’m thinking I should put it on one a mouse button where my thumb sits on the side of the mouse just for that extra click speed…

So, yeah, see that thing pop up on the UI, push the button, done.

Balthazzarr.1349

yep, worked like a charm… 3 hits and poof.. lol

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Come back and rant when you hit the final fight / chapter of that storyline, it’s much worse. Not giving spoilers, just a heads up to read up on the Frozen Out – Ice Beast Fight before you start, especially if you’re soloing.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Anyway, I’d suggest putting it somewhere close to hand so you can push it instantly it pops up anywhere, and just getting into that habit.

Evil as the designers are, I’m surprised they didn’t make the icon pop up at random locations all over the screen.

Best way would be to have the sound triggered everywhere this icon is needed, like with the Jade fights. Without that sweet sound I would miss it almost every time because I have to focus on a lot of other things in those fights.

Also, we trained our brains for years to ignore pop ups on the screen. After 20 years using the Internet I’m basically banner- and pop up blind.

It is interesting that the designers haven’t thought about that. Or have they?

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I think the default is the hyphen key next to 0 but you can change it in the option menu. There should also be a small icon that pops up above (or near it) your health bar which you can also click.

There is a keyboard equivalent? Cool! I use my mouse as little as possible in the game so it is nice to know I do not have to rely on it to hit that icon.

I am guessing that was in the instructions somewhere? I was doing normal attacks forever before I finally asked my guild what I should do and now it seems I am not the only one that did not realize it.

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

There is a keyboard equivalent? Cool! I use my mouse as little as possible in the game so it is nice to know I do not have to rely on it to hit that icon.

I am guessing that was in the instructions somewhere? I was doing normal attacks forever before I finally asked my guild what I should do and now it seems I am not the only one that did not realize it.

It was unclear exactly when to do it, It took me a few rounds of her making the circle before I figured it out too. As for the special attack, I highly recommend rebinding it to somewhere within easy reach because sometimes it only pops up for a second. I ended up remapping it to ‘Q’ and it has made all of these LS missions a lot easier.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

You can keybind the “special action” or “extra action” or whatever it is thing any way you like.