Precursor Crafting

Precursor Crafting

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

This is my opinion, and as such I encourage people to express their own opinions on the subject I have raised, Am I being too harsh in expecting a “Legendary Journey” Rather than a Gold Sink?

And it started off so strong….

The 1st tier was amazing, it got me back out into the Vanilla content and I enjoyed the scavenger hunt side of it, Truly a masterpiece idea, and i got the feel of a “Legendary Journey”

So now on to T2, and my mood has changed from “this is fun” to “Scrap this bullkitten” I mean seriously, wtf is the point in crafting the stupid thing, it’s cheaper to buy them kitten ,

Additionally you are determined to force people into PVP!, If people want to do it they will do it by choice, don’t gate PVE content behind PvP. How did you not learn this from Map completion and Wvw?

Please put some effort into a 4 stage world quest/ scavenger hunt around the world of Tyria, not some massive gold sink! (Worried about the “Market” make them account bound.)

Essentially you have removed the requirement of Rngessus favour and replaced it with pay to own…. so why craft at all?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: illustriouz.2594

illustriouz.2594

This is my opinion, and as such I encourage people to express their own opinions on the subject I have raised, Am I being too harsh in expecting a “Legendary Journey” Rather than a Gold Sink?

And it started off so strong….

The 1st tier was amazing, it got me back out into the Vanilla content and I enjoyed the scavenger hunt side of it, Truly a masterpiece idea, and i got the feel of a “Legendary Journey”

So now on to T2, and my mood has changed from “this is fun” to “Scrap this bullkitten” I mean seriously, wtf is the point in crafting the stupid thing, it’s cheaper to buy them kitten ,

Additionally you are determined to force people into PVP!, If people want to do it they will do it by choice, don’t gate PVE content behind PvP. How did you not learn this from Map completion and Wvw?

Please put some effort into a 4 stage world quest/ scavenger hunt around the world of Tyria, not some massive gold sink! (Worried about the “Market” make them account bound.)

Essentially you have removed the requirement of Rngessus favour and replaced it with pay to own…. so why craft at all?

^ this. /agree

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

Is this true? If so, I am even farther away from Dusk than I thought. I’m almost done with Tier 1 Legendary Crafting mastery, but now I am concerned. I don’t mind having to do PVP as I’ve played my fair share, but still… I want at least one legendary on my account.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It’s a legendary. It’s supposed to be something that shows you’ve played the entire game. Now that you can have legendary skins in PvP, it’s only fair to show that you have played the entire game.

And this is coming from someone who only uses the Heart of the Mists as a free means to get to Lion’s Arch. I don’t like PvP. But I will likely try it out when I get to that tier.

Precursor Crafting

illustriouz.2594

Is this true? If so, I am even farther away from Dusk than I thought. I’m almost done with Tier 1 Legendary Crafting mastery, but now I am concerned. I don’t mind having to do PVP as I’ve played my fair share, but still… I want at least one legendary on my account.

they could have very easily made the first precursor account bound and cost less so that people that have played for a while could catch up, then made them from there non account bound and cost more, but they want the people who either got lucky or played the tp to be exclusive from everyone else. kitten a kitten omg everyone has 1 legendary now, omg what do I do with my elitest self to show that im better (or luckier) then everyone else! bat shoulder?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

I have played the entire game since the release date. Guess what? I barely get exotics, let alone rares.

Precursor Crafting

illustriouz.2594

I have played the entire game since the release date. Guess what? I barely get exotics, let alone rares.

that is bad game design

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

that is bad game design

I’ve hated the loot system since launch, it’s incredibly bad design.

To the OP, I was most excited about precursor crafting / scavenger hunt coming to GW2 as I have waited for that since 2013. As the pillar of this expansion I most looked forward to as an incredibly unlucky player since launch it’s implementation is so offensive that I haven’t even (nor will I) started that mastery.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Liege Tai.8249

Liege Tai.8249

It’s a legendary. It’s supposed to be something that shows you’ve played the entire game. Now that you can have legendary skins in PvP, it’s only fair to show that you have played the entire game.

And this is coming from someone who only uses the Heart of the Mists as a free means to get to Lion’s Arch. I don’t like PvP. But I will likely try it out when I get to that tier.

I agree with what you are saying, however the issue i experience i will detail below.

I enter PVP, I hate PVP so i want this over as fast and efficiently as possible, I join a group with a random 5 players and have 5 good games, I’m happy and have acquired around 20 of the 200 required pvp items.

Then the kitten hits the fan, I end up in a group of “Inexperienced” players, I’m getting frustrated, I start flaming in Map Chat because there are 3 people who feel the need to consistently attack the zerging opposing team head on and one is afk.
Now they are now eating into my valuable time, after a few sessions of me flaming, some leave, the situation repeats and I eventually leave the area frustrated, and sick of the thought I still have 177 of these to get.

Why should My legendary Journey be reliant on other players having the same goal as myself, What right do I have to want to affect their Gameplay and enjoyment. I have no right. However I am being forced to do this, so they are now obstacles in the way of my goal.

I return to my original point “legendary journey” I would also like to make a point regarding Queensdale. The champ farm was removed from this map because of the persistent player hate when champion mobs were killed out of sequence. This reminds me of that, as I can see this becoming a similar story.

Any game, where players create pvp maps to FARM PVE rewards is idiotic and highlight how ridiculously stupid the idea is, these maps are not designed for you to participate, they are designed for you to farm your rewards asap. these are currently a godsend for myself as it is removing the Bull kitten idea of actually having to PVP

(edited by Liege Tai.8249)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You might do better with it if you realize its not designed to make you happy, it’s designed to make you keep playing. Consistent satisfaction is actually something it actively avoids delivering.

GW2 is one of the most naked skinner boxes I’ve ever encountered. And in that light it’s also an incredibly well designed and financially successful system.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

You might do better with it if you realize its not designed to make you happy, it’s designed to make you keep playing. Consistent satisfaction is actually something it actively avoids delivering.

GW2 is one of the most naked skinner boxes I’ve ever encountered. And in that light it’s also an incredibly well designed and financially successful system.

That in part contributed to losing half the players who bought the game at launch. GG

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I found it rather confusing that ANet would add PVP to precursor crafting. Especially after they went and removed the PVP zones from world completion so people could finish that part of the legendary more reliably. Its almost like they didn’t learn from their previous mistake and went ahead and backtracked on it. Do they even know what they want at this point?

Stuff goes here.

Precursor Crafting

Nike.2631

That in part contributed to losing half the players who bought the game at launch. GG

All MMOs lose about half their players after launch. But ArenaNet still seems to be making 10s of millions per quarter three years later. GG indeed.

Precursor Crafting

Nike.2631

I found it rather confusing that ANet would add PVP to precursor crafting. Especially after they went and removed the PVP zones from world completion so people could finish that part of the legendary more reliably. Its almost like they didn’t learn from their previous mistake and went ahead and backtracked on it. Do they even know what they want at this point?

The point was PvP was always intended to be part of the “mastery of all aspects of play” imagined as part of the legendary journey AND adding a sellable item to PvP tracks moves some of the Silverwaste gold out of the hands of the PvE crowd and into the hands of the sPvP players. Win-Win from a design perspective.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

The point was PvP was always intended to be part of the “mastery of all aspects of play” imagined as part of the legendary journey AND adding a sellable item to PvP tracks moves some of the Silverwaste gold out of the hands of the PvE crowd and into the hands of the sPvP players. Win-Win from a design perspective.

This is another huge problem with the system. ANet needs to stop catering to the TP and market flippers. Not everything needs to move through the kitten trading post.

Stuff goes here.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s supposed to be something that shows you’ve played the entire game.

I desperately wish someone would explain this reasoning because it didn’t make sense to me a year ago and it still doesn’t make sense now.

Or words to that effect.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: nobleroar.2078

nobleroar.2078

This is another huge problem with the system. ANet needs to stop catering to the TP and market flippers. Not everything needs to move through the kitten trading post.

Agree, hopefully the second gen of legendaries do not.

Jade Quarry
Mesmer | Night

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The TP is the single biggest gold sink in the game, which is why it’s emphasized. Not only is it moving gold from where it’s generated to where it isn’t generated, but it’s also eating it with every transaction. This is a good thing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

The idea is you don’t have to get lucky and if you have issues saving up a large sum of gold to buy it then you can do it in small pieces or farm some of the items. I’ve been telling people to expect it to cost at least as much if not more since it was announced. If you expected to run around the world doing a simple scavenger hunt and then be awarded a high value item you are sadly mistaken. Your precursor crafting materials are not only effected by the demand for the precursor, but other competing items.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Could be worse. My journey to make the Chosen got stopped dead in its tracks at step 1 when I was informed that I need account bound materials only acquired through crafting with a scribe level of 300+ in order to make the very first item of the collection.

So I guess to add to the discussion, yeah, I’m pretty disappointed in how they implemented precursor crafting as well.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

There are three ways to obtain a precursor in GW2. You can either wait for one to drop, you can buy one or you can make one. Your complaint is that the precursors are hard to get. Well guess what, that’s what makes them legendary.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

There should always be a method to get a particular item in all areas of the game, one way or another. Force feeding a game style on those who don’t enjoy it or aren’t comfortable is just wrong. If you want to keep the player volume that you have today, stop forcing people into things they don’t want.
I am sick and tired of not only the rampant monetization but also the forced " play all our versions of content or suffer one loss or another". My wife and i freaking hate PvP stop trying to jam it down our throats! We’re sick and tired of the constant attempts to bully us into content we don’t enjoy to be honest, and many of our friends are also.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Yall make me smile.

The important thing to realize is that precursors are not legendary, they are the items that lead to legendaries. Which legendary crafting is a time sync, considering you are paying for mainly a skin. Ascended weapons are the same statistically.

A precursor is overvalued because we made them that way, truth is, these crafting quest should have been set up as alternatives for truly crafting legendaries, not for precursors. Do the math, in 1 hour, you could potentially earn at least 2 gold from events, plus 2 gold daily. So potentially 10 gold a day x 10 days is 100 gold. Thats saying you play 4-5 hours.

Pvp for first tier crafting costs you 200 of pvp and wvw currency. I earned 2 currency for pvp in about 1 hours playtime. To be honest, Id rather farm gold and just buy the shritting precursor at this point. 2 currency an hour means 100 hours, or 20 days at 5 hours a day and that is just the pvp requirement.

I do not mind it having a pvp requirement or a wvw requirement, but its ridiculously off par to the reward you get, a tier 1 exotic.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Why bring up a post that is dead and buried? Start a new thread or look for a newer post.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

agreed. a new post should have been made rather than using this one.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yall make me smile.

The important thing to realize is that precursors are not legendary, they are the items that lead to legendaries. Which legendary crafting is a time sync, considering you are paying for mainly a skin. Ascended weapons are the same statistically.

A precursor is overvalued because we made them that way, truth is, these crafting quest should have been set up as alternatives for truly crafting legendaries, not for precursors. Do the math, in 1 hour, you could potentially earn at least 2 gold from events, plus 2 gold daily. So potentially 10 gold a day x 10 days is 100 gold. Thats saying you play 4-5 hours.

Pvp for first tier crafting costs you 200 of pvp and wvw currency. I earned 2 currency for pvp in about 1 hours playtime. To be honest, Id rather farm gold and just buy the shritting precursor at this point. 2 currency an hour means 100 hours, or 20 days at 5 hours a day and that is just the pvp requirement.

I do not mind it having a pvp requirement or a wvw requirement, but its ridiculously off par to the reward you get, a tier 1 exotic.

The problem with this analysis is that you can earn money much much faster now, People who run Tarir multimap or people who run Fractal dailies, or even people who farm the Silverwastes can make a lot more than ten gold in 4-5 hours.

You can make 10 gold in an hour and a half doing T4 fractals. There are a lot of ways to make money nowadays. Even farming wood and metal on alts can make you quite a bit of money.

Precursor crafting was meant to get an alternate route to getting a precursor to people who didn’t want to buy it on the trading post and didn’t want to depend on the RNG of the forge. People like me.

To me, precursor quests are content. The mystic forge and trading post aren’t.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Yall make me smile.

The problem with this analysis is that you can earn money much much faster now, People who run Tarir multimap or people who run Fractal dailies, or even people who farm the Silverwastes can make a lot more than ten gold in 4-5 hours.

You can make 10 gold in an hour and a half doing T4 fractals. There are a lot of ways to make money nowadays. Even farming wood and metal on alts can make you quite a bit of money.

Precursor crafting was meant to get an alternate route to getting a precursor to people who didn’t want to buy it on the trading post and didn’t want to depend on the RNG of the forge. People like me.

To me, precursor quests are content. The mystic forge and trading post aren’t.

The problem with his analysis is that he is complaining about having to do pvp to earn 200 shards of glory, while 200 shards cost 62s overall on the tp. He could do his dailies in 15 min, take the 2g and buy enough shards of glory for 3 precursors.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

I think most people are turned off by this (example for the Sunrise T2 collection): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunrise_II:_The_Perfected_Daysword

It’s not a scavenger hunt, but pure farming. Either materials or gold.

I like the precursor collections a lot and actually started all of them just for fun. But every single one of them, except for the underwater collections, is more or less stuck on Tier 2 collection or the Tier 1 experiment. The value of materials needed is just insane.

I’d also vote for completely removing this part or reducing the grind to the level of the underwater precursors and making them account bound. It’s not that the legendary that follows is any cheaper.

For the one legendary I have, I just bought the precursor, because the collection stopped being fun.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Why bring up a post that is dead and buried? Start a new thread or look for a newer post.

If the issue is unresolved then it’s typically not seen as necro post. In fact people should revive posts more often from old template posts and so forth. Understandably it shows Anet doesn’t care being some of the issues and posts literally date to the release of the game over four years ago. However seeing an issue people are having being ignored for so long would give people the kick in the pants to move on.

Problems are problems for new players 4 years ago to new players four years from now if the game lasts that long will remain the exact same problems. This topic is about pre crafting and it remains completely unchanged its best for people to see the truth of neglect rather than have false hope and find a game that suits them like so many people have done before.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Except the necro post was inaccurate, as the poster seemed unaware of how little Gold the PvP items require to obtain.

Also, the ‘necro-post’ rule is ‘within 6 months’, for the most part.

Good luck.

Precursor Crafting

Wanze.8410

I think most people are turned off by this (example for the Sunrise T2 collection): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunrise_II:_The_Perfected_Daysword

It’s not a scavenger hunt, but pure farming. Either materials or gold.

I like the precursor collections a lot and actually started all of them just for fun. But every single one of them, except for the underwater collections, is more or less stuck on Tier 2 collection or the Tier 1 experiment. The value of materials needed is just insane.

I’d also vote for completely removing this part or reducing the grind to the level of the underwater precursors and making them account bound. It’s not that the legendary that follows is any cheaper.

For the one legendary I have, I just bought the precursor, because the collection stopped being fun.

Not sure why you think that completing a short questline that takes a couple of hours tops should reward you with an item that costs a couple of hundred gold to obtain otherwise.

And most of the precursors cost less on the tp because of precursor journeys.

People completed those to get the AP associated with them but had no need for the precursor itself, so they sell them for less than the actual costs on the tp.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Not sure why you think that completing a short questline that takes a couple of hours tops should reward you with an item that costs a couple of hundred gold to obtain otherwise.

But it doesn’t take only a couple of hours. Not for the vast majority of players. Only if you sink huge amounts of gold into it and that’s not what most people have.

It’s a wall for those still busy with crafting ascended equipment.

But not that much. Dawn for example hovered around 700g since HoT launch.

And I think people who complete those collections just for the AP are a very small minority in the player base.

Anyway, it’s just my opinion on the topic. I don’t think the grind is doing much good here. The collections are fun, the insane crafting in between is not IMO. I myself stopped at those steps even though I find the rest of the scavenger hunt enjoyable.

Precursor Crafting

Wanze.8410

But it doesn’t take only a couple of hours. Not for the vast majority of players. Only if you sink huge amounts of gold into it and that’s not what most people have.

It’s a wall for those still busy with crafting ascended equipment.

But not that much. Dawn for example hovered around 700g since HoT launch.

And I think people who complete those collections just for the AP are a very small minority in the player base.

Anyway, it’s just my opinion on the topic. I don’t think the grind is doing much good here. The collections are fun, the insane crafting in between is not IMO. I myself stopped at those steps even though I find the rest of the scavenger hunt enjoyable.

The couple of hours timeframe to complete the quest was disregarding the gold cost, as that was the suggestion (to remove to mat/gold sink). If that wouldnt be there anymore, you could easily craft a precursor via the journeys in a couple of hours.

This wouldnt only destroy the recursor market, it would also remove another big sink for rare/exotic weapons because nobody would forge precursors anymore. That would lead to even more rare and exotic weapons being salvaged, destroying the ecto market even further than it already is.

T5 common and fine mats would also loose a big sink and might reach vendor value.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So “I hate this” now equal “this is bad design”?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Ayrilana.1396

Can you hate a good design?
Do you want to tell us that a good design in a MMO should bring dissatisfaction, frustration and hate, if not to all, at least to a part of the playerbase?

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Ayrilana.1396

Do you want to tell us that a good design in a MMO should bring dissatisfaction, frustration and hate, if not to all, at least to a part of the playerbase?

Can you name a feature or an aspect of a game that is not disliked by some of the player base?

By your logic there has never been, and never will be, an example of good design in a game of any sort because, no matter how well designed, any feature will be disliked, or hated, by some players.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Ashen.2907

Can you name a feature or an aspect of a game that is not disliked by some of the player base?

We don’t have KS in this game. I don’t think we have players in GW2 disliking this aspect.
Still, is a huge difference between “disliking” something and “hating” something.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People are the ones bringing up bad design. They should elaborate what it is they feel is badly design and why it is such. Something along the lines of “I hate/dislike it” doesn’t really count otherwise everything in the game is badly design as not everyone will like everything.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Waiting around for events.
Waiting around for broken events
Hoping you are actually playing when a patch hit so you can work around a broken even for the couple of minutes just after the patch hit assuming you can patch quickly enough.
Waiting for an event to fail so you can do another event.

The price of crafting also got screwed up my the change in price of leather and possibly wood. This is especially true for the bow.

There are also annoying reliance on RNG for things like the Vials of Manganese Dioxide for The Legend or the ores for Spark, mushrooms for The Energizer, etc.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

I didn’t care for having to do fractals for the precursors I crafted. I also didn’t care for the enormous gold investment they required, which made them several hundred gold more expensive than just purchasing the precursors off the TP. If it wasn’t for some of the ‘journey’ and story elements… I wouldn’t have done them at all.

In fact, one of crafted precursors was so expensive that after crafting the legendary, I sold it. I was able to buy the same precursor off the TP and craft another legendary, and ended up with enough ‘profit’ to buy all 3 underwater precursors off the TP.

I’m gold and mats too broke now to craft anymore legendaries, but time will fix that!

I will never craft another of the original legendary precursors. It is not worth the gold investment, as many of them can be bought for much less off the TP.

Precursor Crafting

seabhac.5346

Waiting around for events.
Waiting around for broken events
Hoping you are actually playing when a patch hit so you can work around a broken even for the couple of minutes just after the patch hit assuming you can patch quickly enough.
Waiting for an event to fail so you can do another event.

The price of crafting also got screwed up my the change in price of leather and possibly wood. This is especially true for the bow.

There are also annoying reliance on RNG for things like the Vials of Manganese Dioxide for The Legend or the ores for Spark, mushrooms for The Energizer, etc.

… and THIS ^^

Too many broken or random timer events… wasted a lot of time. I’ve also run into the same issues with trying to complete a precursor for one of the new legendaries, which you don’t have the option to purchase from the TP.

Precursor Crafting

seabhac.5346

Also, it is sad that this ‘necro’ post is still valid a year later…..

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

What is required from PvP? Do all the Legendaries require something from PvP?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Precursor Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Shards of Glory but you can just buy those from the TP for around 38c each.

There is also Memories of Battle from WvW but those can be bought as well for several silvers each.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Gift of Battle is obtainable only as WvW track. Thats like 6 hours of Eternal Battlegrounds with a booster.

Precursor Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Gift of Battle is obtainable only as WvW track. Thats like 6 hours of Eternal Battlegrounds with a booster.

GoB is for legendary crafting not precursor crafting.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Legendries’ aren’t really legendary in this game due to how many have them and it was a good idea up until they decided to make it another gold sink in the game that has many gold sinks already.

it just a cheap easy method for them to slap on to extend the games lifetime until the next legendary (which many will have the day it os released xD)

I believe ff 14 had a good idea with theirs, doing content for all parts not just the first bit.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Legendries’ aren’t really legendary in this game due to how many have them and it was a good idea up until they decided to make it another gold sink in the game that has many gold sinks already.

In WoW legendaries were given for free to every player for last 4 years. Compared to that in GW2 legendaries are truely rare. And if you see a person with it you can be 95% sure he played the game a lot to craft it (100% sure if its HoT legen).
Considering that there are a lot of people with legendaries – we can’t know that without statistics. Personaly I think they just a) attract attetion; b) every owner transmutates weapons into them on their alts.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Rencruzer.9614

Rencruzer.9614

The cost for crafting is obscene compared to just buying the pre. For the juggernaut I spent over 700g to craft the precursor and I could have just bought it for around 500g. I was under the impression time spent crafting would translate into lower cost, I was incorrect.

Precursor Crafting

Posted by: Moderator

This topic is 1 years old and, as noted, much of the reason for the original discussion has been changed as a result of content patches.

In general, if the most recent thread is over 6 months old, please start a new one, as patches and updates may have significantly changed the way things work.

As such, I am closing this thread.