Precursor crafting achievements

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

So I cant help but notice theres precursor crafting coming, and I see theres achievement points attached to it. Thats cute and all, and im happy for the folks that have been waiting for this, but I want these achies too. For us that have the Legendary already, can we be granted the achies for this? I have 11 legendaries and I dont want to craft 11 precursors I prob wont ever use just for the achievement points. I know this may seem a bit like 1st world problems, but it is more than a bit annoying

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

yes i read it some where u will get the achievements and also the precursor updated skins
like the moot precursor without glows and foot prints etc…

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Why would you get the points for achievements that you didn’t do? It’s not like you can’t go through the process to unlock another precursor.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Why would you get the points for achievements that you didn’t do? It’s not like you can’t go through the process to unlock another precursor.

but s/he did do them already they have the finished legendary

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

he already got the precursor for the legendary weapon so he will get the skins + the points

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

And what about those of us who crafted our Legendary?

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

What about them? The points for the precursor collections are given for doing the collections, not just having the final result. If you want the points but not the precursor, do the collections and sell the result. The existing precursors will still be tradeable no matter if you got them through precursor crafting or other sources.

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

What about them? The points for the precursor collections are given for doing the collections, not just having the final result. If you want the points but not the precursor, do the collections and sell the result. The existing precursors will still be tradeable no matter if you got them through precursor crafting or other sources.

Pretty sure they said crafted precursors are account bound on acquire. On that note as someone in the same boat as the topic starter, I think we should at least get the skins unlocked for the legendaries we already crafted. The achievements however, we should do ourselves.

It’s not fair to expect getting the achievements handed to us despite not doing said achievements. Asking us to spend another fortune on something other people will get ‘’for free’’ just because we achieved things before them in absurd.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Pretty sure they said crafted precursors are account bound on acquire. On that note as someone in the same boat as the topic starter, I think we should at least get the skins unlocked for the legendaries we already crafted. The achievements however, we should do ourselves.

It’s not fair to expect getting the achievements handed to us despite not doing said achievements. Asking us to spend another fortune on something other people will get ‘’for free’’ just because we achieved things before them in absurd.

why is that absurd they already said that you will get all the skins unlocked if you have the pre or legendary so its like they have done the work already.
.they got the end product so they deserve the ap aswell.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

why is that absurd they already said that you will get all the skins unlocked if you have the pre or legendary so its like they have done the work already.

The ap are tied to the activity, not the reward.

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

The achievement points and achievements are for the scavenger hunt, not the legendary. If the expansion were to drop right now, despite having the pre-precursors, I did not do the scavenger hunt. I didn’t put any work towards the scavenger hunt. People making legendaries before the expansion shouldn’t give them any extra reward or benefits over people who make legendaries afterwards.

It’s like giving people a full set of ascended gear and 50 fractal levels at the release of the expansion if they are fractal level 50 right now, just because thy are likely to be able to do max level fractals eventually.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So basically you want people to get Achievement progress for Achievements they haven’t actually done?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Nah, I do not think you’ll get the achievements for this just because you have your legendary finished doesn’t mean you should get all the achievements that go with making the precursor. All the methods we have now to get a precursor will exist for those precursors only. If you want the achievements you are going to have to make the precursor like anyone else. You shouldn’t get them just because you made the legendary. Earn. Them.

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

Wouldn’t this actually encourage people to not finish the collections?
Farm gold -> buy Precursor from TP -> get a full load of achievement points for achievements you didn’t even do.

This would only be untrue if completing the collections was way faster than farming gold and buying the Pre from TP.