Prized possessions-What were you thinking?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

Not all of us have $2000 computer. Not all of us have the reflexes of a 13 year old. . I have been dying every 30 seconds for 45 minutes and am sick of your poor design.

Try to use 3 skills, that fail to fire a third of a time while dodging red circles and and instant death creature behind you that kills you in 3 seconds.

Did any one of you think that this would be fun?

Think about the players! This isnt a fractal or a raid. This is part of the Living Story.

You are supposed to be better than this….

Posted by: tonyajc.2618

tonyajc.2618

This was one of my favorite story missions. Took a couple tries but it wasn’t that bad.

Who knew the Jungle was filled with so much Salt water?!

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I don;t have $2000 computer I neither have “reflexes of a 13 year old”

and now I wonder – which part of “frikkin run away” you missed while doing said story episode?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

This was one of my favorite story missions. Took a couple tries but it wasn’t that bad.

Yeah same here, kind of confused at what the OP is talking about now.

I did this on my Chronomancer and while it was tough, I didn’t die. Just took my time with it and did fine. Gotta pick which mobs are more of a threat and take them out first. Like those darn snipers leaving that fire trail that just eats you alive.

Just don’t try to rush it, and move a little at a time. And yeah, use your skills. All of them.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I am no spring chicken, but I am totally enjoying the new content. We (guildies) captured our hall yesterday. Working on LS. Had to change my build to suit the mobs. For me, healing armor and tons of food help. Forget Magic Find food, I use healing food. I also run ascended armor full celestial. So with HoT it is trial and error. Hang in there hopefully you can enjoy it.

Talzed.4153

To be clear, there is no “frikkin run away” option. You MUST run up the cavern, dodging red circles. There must be more than one version of this story. This version is absolute GARBAGE!

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Not all of us have $2000 computer. Not all of us have the reflexes of a 13 year old. . I have been dying every 30 seconds for 45 minutes and am sick of your poor design.

Try to use 3 skills, that fail to fire a third of a time while dodging red circles and and instant death creature behind you that kills you in 3 seconds.

Think about the players! This isnt a fractal or a raid. This is part of the Living Story.

I don’t own an expensive computer either. I-5 with 16 gigs of ram and older graphics card. During heavy mob fights I turn settings down. Trying to run HoT solo is tricky. Some mobs are quick and deadly. Do not be afraid to pull. I am a ranger so I pull targets. Never been one to wade in and die. Hopefully it will get better for you.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

This mission wasn’t very hard……I did it without dying also.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

To be clear, there is no “frikkin run away” option. You MUST run up the cavern, dodging red circles. There must be more than one version of this story. This version is absolute GARBAGE!

Whats garbage is ur attitude and lack of willpower to progress. Is this the mission where ur being chased by x and u carrying y? If so dont forget to glide at the end

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

So much rage. Why is anyone taking this person seriously?

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Are u playing a melee build? My GS mesmer is having a field day whereas my healer/power hybrid guardian is having a pretty rough time. Some of those new foes are way over-tuned (cheap form of challenge) and in these scenarios, players are forced to play it safe with ranged. Try using a ranged build and see if things work out better.

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

I frequently drop below 30 fps in expansion areas and failed this a few times, but the only problems I really had were:

1. Getting disorientated during the cliff scaling part.
  2. Temporary brain failure during the gliding part.
  3. Some sort of bug that locked out progression after dying sometimes.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

The mission concept is really cool, but it seems bugged. There were times where skills didn’t fire off or were heavily delayed causing me to die when the tendrils hit me with poison while trying to scale the cliff. That was the most frustrating part, after that it was fairly simple. Clearly it was a reskin of the aspect crystal abilities, but it needs a bit more fine tuning.

Talzed.4153

For clarification…

Attachments:

Talzed.4153

There is more than one version. it depends on which way you go out of one of the caverns

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The mission concept is really cool, but it seems bugged. There were times where skills didn’t fire off or were heavily delayed causing me to die when the tendrils hit me with poison while trying to scale the cliff. That was the most frustrating part, after that it was fairly simple. Clearly it was a reskin of the aspect crystal abilities, but it needs a bit more fine tuning.

This. The skills were buggy as all hell, and I even got stuck in jumping pose and had to quit to char select. This was made worse by my Oceanic ping, which has never handled these skills well.

NO CLEAR PATH
ON COOLDOWN
NO FORWARD MOMENTUM

This was the worst experience of the game so far.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I had zero trouble with the part Talzed showed, just with the next bit where I didn’t realize that you could glide and then air dash.

To get through the cave shown, most of the pustules you can just run around, pass between the circles. You can go relatively slow without the boss catching up, there’s no huge rush there. There are a few where it is impossible or at least inconvenient to run around them, in which case just use the #3 jump, but again, take your time, aim your shot. The only times the boss caught me during that portion was when I would get outside and then spend 10-15 seconds on the platform trying to figure out where to go.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

For clarification…

That part you did not even need to use the 3 skills.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

The tendril part I almost died on so many times lol. I kept missing a jump and falling to the ground. The only complaint I have about that mission is that you’re supposed to follow Ruka, but it’s not always clear where he/she/it went, so you have to kind of make a guess while bossbugger comes up and swipes at you.

It’s a timed platformer, more or less, only in 3d. The upside is, if you die, you start over at your last checkpoint.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

This story step is total trash design I am glad some of you are enjoying it, but I imagine most people thick its total trash. Lost count on how many times I have died and atm just gave up maybe anet will pull their brains out of their * and tweak it. I am not interested in being a uber player just wanta have some fun and this story step IS NOT fun at all!

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

^15 Charrs are inspired.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: mudnrox.5190

mudnrox.5190

can NOT do this. two months trying and i’m sick of not getting anywhere with the story.