Put an npc to rez when Dragon's Stand resets

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

It’s pointless to be on the bottom of a stack of dead players after each reset.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

orrr… hmm… crazy idea but stick with me… use the waypoint thats 10 feet away?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t mind the 2s cost to use the wp. I mind the feeling that it’s unnecessary. It seems like the most convoluted way of organizing. Why not just knock everyone down and return everyone in instance A to the same, newly-created instance B?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

I don’t know if it’s a bug of some sort, but occasionally I’ve somehow ended up staying alive at the reset, very odd being the only one standing when there’s a stack of dead people at your feet lol. I’ve occasionally seen it happen to others when I’ve been in the dead pile too.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Being resurrected by an NPC would take forever. You need to use the WP quickly to get back on your feet and check whether you ended up on the same map as your commander and the rest of your squad. There is no time to waste.

P.S. I agree that it’s a stupid mechanic.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

Being resurrected by an NPC would take forever. You need to use the WP quickly to get back on your feet and check whether you ended up on the same map as your commander and the rest of your squad. There is no time to waste.

One rez generates a chain reaction. Besides players get exp for each rez.

Posted by: TarkaTarquol.4856

TarkaTarquol.4856

Or, play Engi and use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_R before you go down. The field will revive you as the cutscene plays. Then when the map resets, you’ll be alive and can do whatever.

Elementalist Mist Form works too, if you time the downed skill right so you’re still in Mist when the map resets.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Or, play Engi and use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_R before you go down. The field will revive you as the cutscene plays. Then when the map resets, you’ll be alive and can do whatever.

Elementalist Mist Form works too, if you time the downed skill right so you’re still in Mist when the map resets.

Reaper (or regular Necro) can trait Death Shroud to auto-pop on a killing blow. Works like a charm on the DS reset. I try to rez some folks at the entry death spot but there is that wp so very close … had one person yell at me once for running off before everyone was up because they thought they’d end up in a different map if they wp’d and lose out on the organized run. Wasn’t much I could do, I was commanding North that run and really did need to get my butt to the starting point for the lane.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

One rez generates a chain reaction. Besides players get exp for each rez.

You must have overlooked the core point I made: It will take too long!

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

The problem with using the waypoint is you’re not guaranteed to get in the same map. I’ve been in squads and after waypointing was in a different map — when I tried to rejoin in my commander’s map, I got the message the map was full.

I never understood the reason for killing everyone off — why not just a teleport in the same map back to the starting waypoint.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I don’t mind the 2s cost to use the wp. I mind the feeling that it’s unnecessary. It seems like the most convoluted way of organizing. Why not just knock everyone down and return everyone in instance A to the same, newly-created instance B?

That might almost be too sensible . .

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632