Puzzling recipes and merchants.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

So I wanted to get a piece of “new” guild armor for the first time after HoT release (had long break from game in between) and I just realised what a mess guild hall is. So many NPCS and merchant, I always get confused and gotta run around to look for the right one, it’s just annoying. But to the main point of this topic:

So I check the guild armourer and see what I need to buy the recipe for particular piece of armour. Good. Waited to do guild missions on sunday with guild and got those crystals from DS, came back, bought recipe, was excited to finally craft the thing, but OH NO, the recipe needs another freaking recipe to be completed (guild insignia). WHAT THE HELL!? And that’s not all, after I spent another week to get additional guild commendations to by additional freaking recipe, I then bought it and went to finally craft the thing. Well guess what dummy? Not so fast, first you need to get another commendation to buy some tenebrous crystal or whatever, which I can’t buy because I have to wait for RNG to decide to put that thing on the list of what that stupid merchant is selling. She seems to be selling few items each day and those items change every day. What the hell is this!? Who thought this would be a fun way to earn or craft something? This is ridiculous. I’m sorry to make such a big deal out of this, but this is just…. I can’t possibly understand why this was made in such a stupid way.

Couldn’t you just put all the requirements in that first recipe, so once I buy the recipe, I can see exactly what mats I need? And if you think cost is too small, just make it 15 commendation and 20 crystals or whatever, JUST PUT THE WHOLE THING THERE SO I KNOW WHAT I NEED. No, instead it’s a freaking puzzle and each week you realise you need another freaking thing that you must wait for to get. It’s like buying a computer, but adapter is secretly missing, so you can’t use the kitten thing.

I know it’s not 3 weeks for everyone because if you have enough commendations you can buy both recipes immediately, but I do guild missions rarely, because I don’t really enjoy doing them. Plus even if I had enough commendations immediately, I would still need to wait for the stupid RNG on that merchant. facepalm

(edited by serialkicker.5274)

serialkicker.5274

kitten I feel better now.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The tenebrous crystals also come from mining the ore node in the guild hall. You get anywhere from 0 to 10 a day.

serialkicker.5274

The tenebrous crystals also come from mining the ore node in the guild hall. You get anywhere from 0 to 10 a day.

Thanks, didn’t know that. I checked it out now, but ofc, no luck, didn’t get the thing…. Again RNG…. sigh

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Thanks, didn’t know that. I checked it out now, but ofc, no luck, didn’t get the thing…. Again RNG…. sigh

Yeah my neighbor had a Bad streak with those 4 days 3 crystals. I do not think those buggers should be RNG

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Guildwars 2 at its finest

Remember you will feel so satisfied when you’ve done lol

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Couldn’t you just put all the requirements in that first recipe, so once I buy the recipe, I can see exactly what mats I need?

I’m unclear because I don’t have any interest in making this item myself but is this on the wiki what you want? If so it’s all in one place so everyone can see exactly what they need up front.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ornate_Guild_armor

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Its more like anywhere from 0 to 10 per swing. In theory (probably has been someone lucky enough), you could get 30 in a tier 1 node.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

serialkicker.5274

Couldn’t you just put all the requirements in that first recipe, so once I buy the recipe, I can see exactly what mats I need?

I’m unclear because I don’t have any interest in making this item myself but is this on the wiki what you want? If so it’s all in one place so everyone can see exactly what they need up front.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ornate_Guild_armor

Yes, but it’s disappointing that I have to google it. I mean, when I decided to craft it, I went to merchant to buy the recipe. I tought it’s simple, buy recipe, see what mats you need, get them and craft the thing. But it turned out it’s quite unnecessarily complicated.

It gets frustrating and ruins ones experience if you need to google so many things about the game, because if you don’t, then you can easily make so many bad decisions or spend so much time or money figuring something out that should be actually pretty simple.

serialkicker.5274

Its more like anywhere from 0 to 10 per swing. In theory (probably has been someone lucky enough), you could get 30 in a tier 1 node.

Not with my luck, Mined the node 3x already and I only got 2 crystals so far. And I need 5 of them for legs. GG Anet.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve been mining in two guild halls for months and I am pretty sure I have never gotten 30. Seems similar to getting the charged quartz from the home instance node. I’ve been mining that one for years and haven’t gotten more than 1 charged quartz either.